PDA

View Full Version : Question Club shop - sizing/availability of shorts

nonshinyfinish
27-07-2019, 08:58 AM
Need a new pair of shorts for fives, and I'd rather Hibs get the money than some sports shop.

Looking at the club shop online, both the home and away shorts are only available in size XL and up. Is this just a lack of stock, or is it another weird Macron sizing thing? The size guide has XL as a 34-36 inch waist, which means they're probably too big for me but aren't as big as you might expect for XL.

Can anyone comment on the sizing of the shorts? Presumably they were for sale in M/L at some point?

hibbyfraelibby
27-07-2019, 07:35 PM
The shorts come in various sizes

Tight Arsed... for those who buy the kids ones to avoid the VAT

Short Arsed... for those whose legs are 3/4 covered by the legs

Fat Arsed... for those whose who sit in Hospitality munching all the free pies

Cannae Be Arsed...for those who play nudist 5s

1875Sean
02-08-2019, 06:04 PM
Does anyone know of the shop has more stock than what’s online?

Shields Hibee
02-08-2019, 09:31 PM
Yes. They’ve got tracksuit tops in white & green instore. That rain jacket was in the shop about a week or so before coming online.

The guy that manages the shop was talking about having to do a stock check and order again in some of the training gear as sizes were running short.

Here’s Lucy!
02-08-2019, 09:47 PM
It’s always the small sizes that are left. Or the ‘absolutely huge’.

Huge folk should not even consider football gear, wee tops should be worn by slim folk, which is completely acceptable. :aok:

Shields Hibee
02-08-2019, 09:53 PM
I had that problem last week trying to find the green training tee in XL. Loads of M, 3XL, 4XL hanging up yet L & XL is always in low numbers!

I like Macron gear but the sizing means you’ve got to try on first!

nonshinyfinish
03-08-2019, 10:58 AM
I called the shop yesterday and they said they're expecting more stock of the replica tops/shorts in the next week or two.

I've abandoned my medically ill-advised weight gain.