PDA

View Full Version : A moment of reflection...

DoubleDangerous
27-07-2019, 01:45 AM
Common tae **** boys, the perpetual negativity of this forum is enough to turn a man onto unionism.

The amount of entitled decrepit dinosaurs on this forum is abnormally wild. We're all proud to be Hibees, as I've said before, in the context of Scottish football, we can hold our heads high from a uniquely 'privileged' position, but we're not one of the ugly sisters. We subsist within a framework, and we do it with class and attempt to win in a pleasing manner.

Without doubt to our historical detriment.

Regardless, out-with the performance on the pitch, and of our Glasgow offspring, we're by far the best run fitbaw outfit in our soon-to-be-republic. Modern 20k stadium? Paid for. Outstanding training facility? Paid for. Fiat debt? None of that dung. Agricultural, hammer throwing football? Not Hibs class.

Serendipitously, our exceptional executive team has managed to secured a modern manager with 5 start potential, by means of a self sufficient club with facilities the envy of 60% of this landmass, and the quietly confident intent to have a real go.

We honestly must be the only club in the world where a vocal minority the fans will psychotically focus on the doomsday negatives. Even after an ambitious takeover. Why?! What's the point?!?!?

It's the dark art of being genetically pessimistic. The old school Scottish condition.

I'm not here to open that societal can of worms; I'm just hoping to inject a modicum of positivity into proceedings.

We own 95% of our players. We have the likes of Scotty Allan and Josh Vella on 3 year deals. Obviously I HATE the selling club mentality, but that's like 6/10 mil of asset if we kick on. Furthermore, we have 2 senior players for every position. Celtic can't say that just now.

In an ideal world, ooooooooobv we could do with another couple of players, but we're not gonna win the league this year. Financially over stretching leads to administraton and EBTs. Our current first team squad and (hopefully) the new gen of academy grads will secure us 3rd/4th this year, with money in the tank for future dev.

I'd bet that in X amount of time, we're preying that wee Ron has enough pull to convince The Heck to see the project though to completion.

That being said, the fact that both 'established posters' and neophytes - I consider myself a member of the latter - chastise and, lets face it, completely right off new players after a few preseason games is embarrassing. Get a ****ing grip boys.

And anyone who seemingly takes enjoyment outa constantly lambasting Kamberi is a ****ing parasite. Change my mind ya dicks...

He needs us behind him, helping him on. The big man can be unplayable, but he's not Ronaldo. He's a 3k a week player, who needs confidence and 12th man support to do his thing. I mean, do you really think we're going to get better?! If so, who? from where?! The big man is early 20s, had zero support last year, and we've got him on a good contract. Massive asset. This endless jobby moaning pleases no-one but your beige wilting soul - we've had enough.

It's as if a generation of Scots have been programmed to be pathologically negative/pessimistic. It's ****ing tragic.

Right, I might be completely wrong, and in a years time this post will look insanely misguided, but I'm confident that we're in the best shape outa everyone, outside of Glasgow. We will have a good season.

Football is meant to be the fun part of your life. Aye we usually get beat by the cheating hoofball merchants of Scotland, but we always try to play proper fitbaw, and we usually have a few instances over the season where big wins materialise in glorious ways.

So aye, ****ing wrap this brutal negative chat. It's outdated and it doesn't help anyone. Moan at me ya pricks.

Forza Fred
27-07-2019, 02:13 AM
An 18 paragraph moan about people moaning.

Ironic.😂

FilipinoHibs
27-07-2019, 03:12 AM
An 18 paragraph moan about people moaning.

Ironic.😂

I thought a very good post and really puts our current status in perspective. Moaning about the moaners is a double negative so a positive.

tonyrougier123
27-07-2019, 03:29 AM
Common tae **** boys, the perpetual negativity of this forum is enough to turn a man onto unionism.

The amount of entitled decrepit dinosaurs on this forum is abnormally wild. We're all proud to be Hibees, as I've said before, in the context of Scottish football, we can hold our heads high from a uniquely 'privileged' position, but we're not one of the ugly sisters. We subsist within a framework, and we do it with class and attempt to win in a pleasing manner.

Regardless, out-with the performance on the pitch, and of our Glasgow offspring, we're by far the best run fitbaw outfit in our soon-to-be-republic. Modern 20k stadium? Paid for. Outstanding training facility? Paid for. Fiat debt? None of that dung. Agricultural, hammer throwing football? Not Hibs class.

Serendipitously, our exceptional executive team has managed to secured a modern manager with 5 start potential, by means of a self sufficient club with facilities the envy of 60% of this landmass, and the quietly confident intent to have a real go.

We honestly must be the only club in the world where a vocal minority the fans will psychotically focus on the doomsday negatives. Even after an ambitious takeover. Why?! What's the point?!?!?

It's the dark art of being genetically pessimistic. The old school Scottish condition.

I'm not here to open that societal can of worms; I'm just hoping to inject a modicum of positivity into proceedings.

We own 95% of our players. We have the likes of Scotty Allan and Josh Vella on 3 year deals. Obviously I HATE the selling club mentality, but that's like 6/10 mil of asset if we kick on. Furthermore, we have 2 senior players for every position. Celtic can't say that just now.

In an ideal world, ooooooooobv we could do with another couple of players, but we're not gonna win the league this year. Financially over stretching leads to administraton and EBTs. Our current first team squad and (hopefully) the new gen of academy grads will secure us 3rd/4th this year, with money in the tank for future dev.

I'd bet that in X amount of time, we're preying that wee Ron has enough pull to convince The Heck to see the project though to completion.

That being said, the fact that both 'established posters' and neophytes - I consider myself a member of the latter - chastise and, lets face it, completely right off new players after a few preseason games is embarrassing. Get a ****ing grip boys.

And anyone who seemingly takes enjoyment outa constantly lambasting Kamberi is a ****ing parasite. Change my mind ya dicks...

He needs us behind him, helping him on. The big man can be unplayable, but he's not Ronaldo. He's a 3k a week player, who needs confidence and 12th man support to do his thing. I mean, do you really think we're going to get better?! If so, who? from where?! The big man is early 20s, had zero support last year, and we've got him on a good contract. Massive asset. This endless jobby moaning pleases no-one but your beige wilting soul - we've had enough.

It's as if a generation of Scots have been programmed to be pathologically negative/pessimistic. It's ****ing tragic.

Right, I might be completely wrong, and in a years time this post will look insanely misguided, but I'm confident that we're in the best shape outa everyone, outside of Glasgow. We will have a good season.

Football is meant to be the fun part of your life. Aye we usually get beat by the cheating hoofball merchants of Scotland, but we always try to play proper fitbaw, and we usually have a few instances over the season where big wins materialise in glorious ways.

So aye, ****ing wrap this brutal negative chat. It's outdated and it doesn't help anyone. Moan at me ya pricks.

This post is a pure riot! 👍😎.

Greencore
27-07-2019, 03:48 AM
Good post.

Bangkok Hibby
27-07-2019, 04:04 AM
The OP will get comments like "it's a forum, it's about opinions" which of course is perfectly valid but I totally get what he's saying. The negativity from football fans in general about their own side is commonplace and won't change. On here though, so early in the season, when there's so much to be optimistic about it's pretty tiresome.

BSEJVT
27-07-2019, 04:52 AM
Lots of words

Original post is someone's ego trip in a writing style a cross between the Broons and a dictionary.

Not for me.

I wish to goodness folk would lay of the politically inspired pish that seems to infect the board these days.

This forum is meant to be a football-related forum and if I wanted to read comments about folk's political views I would do so from a medium/forum where I might get an informed opinion rather than someone's wet dream.

The minute I start reading politically inspired comments in a post on these forums, I can't get the picture of some friendless goat on a soapbox in the Meadows preaching to all and sundry who couldn't give a **** and pretty much dismiss the rest of the post.

Kavinho
27-07-2019, 06:56 AM
Lots of words

Original post is someone's ego trip in a writing style a cross between the Broons and a dictionary.

Not for me.

I wish to goodness folk would lay of the politically inspired pish that seems to infect the board these days.

This forum is meant to be a football-related forum and if I wanted to read comments about folk's political views I would do so from a medium/forum where I might get an informed opinion rather than someone's wet dream.

The minute I start reading politically inspired comments in a post on these forums, I can't get the picture of some friendless goat on a soapbox in the Meadows preaching to all and sundry who couldn't give a **** and pretty much dismiss the rest of the post.

'mon Hibs

Tomsk
27-07-2019, 08:23 AM
Lots of words

Not for me.

:agree:

I ducked out after about three paragraphs. I am just not interested in an argument that correlates negativity to Hibs with unionism - it's absurd on its face.

Greenio
27-07-2019, 08:31 AM
I don't post much but agree that the level of in-fighting here has gotten ridiculous.

I'm here to read about Hibs,football and banter...not to watch adults act like nippy wee kids sniping at each other

If you don't like what someone is saying...use the ignore button! Then they are gone, out of sight, out of mind.

I'm hoping it's due to people waiting for the season to start. But it's time for all the people fighting and bitching to give it a bloody rest. There's no need and it's not welcome

GreenOnions
27-07-2019, 08:59 AM
I think the OP deserves credit for posting that at 2.45am at the very least.

I agree with much of the sentiment too.

Some amusing replies as well have made this an entertaining thread 🙂

I also share the dismay expressed in some replies about the "political" content. This seems to be increasingly prevalent on Hibs.net.

Although only from a minority of posters the majority of such content seems to me to be from those of a nationalist persuasion trying to advertise their views.

I have strong political views myself but choose to post them on more appropriate sites.

Please let's keep the forum about football and Hibs

H18S NX
27-07-2019, 09:03 AM
I understood the moaning bit,but the big words was above my understanding.

Bostonhibby
27-07-2019, 09:04 AM
I didn't get to where I am today by moaning about folk moaning.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Cataplana
27-07-2019, 09:08 AM
Wouldn't have happened under Petrie, even when he's gone he is still holding us back.

HibbySpurs
27-07-2019, 09:21 AM

I ducked out after about three paragraphs. I am just not interested in an argument that correlates negativity to Hibs with unionism - it's absurd on its face.

Likewise... What could have been put forward as a valid and worthwhile post becomes just another flag waving exercise for the SNP.

The main board is about football and should remain that way.

Pretty Boy
27-07-2019, 09:29 AM
I just read that post in it's entirety and it is absolutely glorious.

I take on board the stuff about keeping politics off the football board but I'm so impressed by the ability to almost maintain cohesion and display a fairly impressive vocabulary at 2.45am that I'm tempted to let this one slide.

mjhibby
27-07-2019, 09:36 AM
Having been to the USA recently the difference in outlook is striking. Most folk over the pond are outgoing and positive which I'm sure makes life more bearable. You come back here to unbelievable negativity after a takeover that clears the debt and over a million invested in the club. We then win our league cup group with one goal lost while rotating the squad to get everybody fit.
Yet still we have so,so many people looking for something to moan about. I think too many folk aren't happy unless they are moaning. Maybe it's in our psyche or maybe it's the mostly dreich weather but it's ridiculous that I can't come on .net not knowing how much ott negativity there will be. God helps us if we had to score twice in the last eight minutes to beat stenny. Oh wait.
We are Hibs. It's a rollercoaster like life do let's just enjoy the ride. We are in one of the best spells in my lifetime of supporting our great club. For god's sake enjoy it. I'm sure all the doomongers will get their way sometime in the future

Keith_M
27-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Jeezo, I actually got bored half way through that post...and I've read War And Peace!

ArmadaleHibs
27-07-2019, 09:53 AM
I’m going to buck some of the negative trend here. I’ve been to every pre season game and every cup game so far. When you add up the little amount of game time the players have had as a whole you can see it is slowly but nicely coming together. I’ve enjoyed some of the football we’ve played and I’ve enjoyed watching the new lads bed in. All of the new players have made a little early impact in one or two of the games they’ve played in. Yes, we’ve played by enlarge lower level teams but you can only play and beat what’s put in front of you and move to the next game. Far bigger tests to come and players can be judged more then in my opinion. We’ve not played the same 11 in any game so far and it’s a great opportunity for Hecky to get all the players good game time. Absolutely no problem with any of our results so far as I know it’s mostly been used as pre season.

I’m very much looking forward to this season and I think we have some very good footballers at the club. This pre season has shown that with some good individual displays. The teams still gelling and I have no doubt it will. Sooner next Saturday comes the better

GGTTH

mjhibby
27-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Jeezo, I actually got bored half way through thatpost...and U'vee read War And Peace!

You are a giant fibber. No way you've read war and peace if you think I'm boring.😀

Golden Bear
27-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Having been to the USA recently the difference in outlook is striking. Most folk over the pond are outgoing and positive which I'm sure makes life more bearable. You come back here to unbelievable negativity after a takeover that clears the debt and over a million invested in the club. We then win our league cup group with one goal lost while rotating the squad to get everybody fit.
Yet still we have so,so many people looking for something to moan about. I think too many folk aren't happy unless they are moaning. Maybe it's in our psyche or maybe it's the mostly dreich weather but it's ridiculous that I can't come on .net not knowing how much ott negativity there will be. God helps us if we had to score twice in the last eight minutes to beat stenny. Oh wait.
We are Hibs. It's a rollercoaster like life do let's just enjoy the ride. We are in one of the best spells in my lifetime of supporting our great club. For god's sake enjoy it. I'm sure all the doomongers will get their way sometime in the future

Great post MJ.

Phil MaGlass
27-07-2019, 10:02 AM
My biggest beef is posters actually sniping at each other, I have done it myself but this board is becoming f,n ridicoulas, wind yir necks in

Springbank
27-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Good to see the team & coaching staff in a healthier place now than we were at 1-1 v Stirling and HT 0-0 v Alloa.

One person's knee jerk "negativity" is another person's "objective discussion of a poor start" where we are all (presumably) looking for Hibs to do well

I think Vela has helped, he and James look to be the pick of the signings on first impression
Good to see the others finding their feet and their new home here.

Fwiw I don't mind politics coming in one bit
Anyone who objects, but who also sings "and if you know your history" can take a jump off the top diving board, the one named hypocrite

Ggtth & viva Europa!

GreenOnions
27-07-2019, 10:26 AM
Anyone who objects, but who also sings "and if you know your history" can take a jump off the top diving board, the one named hypocrite

Ggtth & viva Europa!

The more assumptions that are made within an argument the easier it is to come to a conclusion. As your post proves 🙂

Bangkok Hibby
27-07-2019, 10:34 AM

It's being British, it's the high, unfair tax system, it's punishing the poor for eating, drinking, smoking. It's grey skies and crap weather. It's in the psyche, it's endemic in British society. Brits are a nation of whining twats, only happy when they're complaining about something cos they don't have the nous to change. Last week it was the hot weather, next week it'll be the cold. FFS a football team should unite people and give them a reason for excitement and positivity away from the drudgery of everyday life.
Good post sir.

CockneyRebel
27-07-2019, 10:43 AM
Good to see the team & coaching staff in a healthier place now than we were at 1-1 v Stirling and HT 0-0 v Alloa.

One person's knee jerk "negativity" is another person's "objective discussion of a poor start" where we are all (presumably) looking for Hibs to do well

I think Vela has helped, he and James look to be the pick of the signings on first impression

Ggtth & viva Europa!

I sing the song and also object to the political comments and I am at a loss to see how that makes me a hypocrite.

mjhibby
27-07-2019, 01:19 PM
It's being British, it's the high, unfair tax system, it's punishing the poor for eating, drinking, smoking. It's grey skies and crap weather. It's in the psyche, it's endemic in British society. Brits are a nation of whining twats, only happy when they're complaining about something cos they don't have the nous to change. Last week it was the hot weather, next week it'll be the cold. FFS a football team should unite people and give them a reason for excitement and positivity away from the drudgery of everyday life.
Good post sir.

Couldn't believe folk in Edinburgh moaning about the hot weather. Why can't they just enjoy it while it lasts. The only thing that can rightly moan about the weather is if you have a pet. Too hot for my gorgeous doggy.

mjhibby
27-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Good post sir.

I think the weather plays a part. Folk tend to be cheerier if the weather is pleasant most of the year. That's it. Were all suffering from sad.😀

Phil MaGlass
27-07-2019, 01:31 PM
I did notice that there was a lot of negativity coming from posters with around 1000 or less posts, no idea what Im aiming at, just an observation, I think youre all equal, yir all @&$#$

hibsbollah
27-07-2019, 01:31 PM
An excellent post. There is an inbuilt negativity and cynicism in Scottish society which is at its most extreme in its football culture, and is just bizarre to witness,for Americans in particular. If the football club is the embodiment of our community and ourselves, a section of Hibs fans seem to get lost in self loathing a lot of the time. I do think that this site is worse than the fan base at large, and that's just because there are more psychologically torn faced disasters who chose to spend their time on a football message board than those who choose to do other, more worthwhile things. (I obviously exclude myself from that generalisation)

Lago
27-07-2019, 01:34 PM

A negative post re other negative posters but, using a lot of show offy big words sprinkled with a touch of republican politics. 😒

Clarence
27-07-2019, 01:39 PM
Lots of words

Not for me.

Whether you like it or not, your post is a political statement in favour of censorship and sets out an ideal as to how the board should be run.

mjhibby
27-07-2019, 01:39 PM
An excellent post. There is an inbuilt negativity and cynicism in Scottish society which is at its most extreme in its football culture, and is just bizarre to witness,for Americans in particular. If the football club is the embodiment of our community and ourselves, a section of Hibs fans seem to get lost in self loathing a lot of the time. I do think that this site is worse than the fan base at large, and that's just because there are more psychologically torn faced disasters who chose to spend their time on a football message board than those who choose to do other, more worthwhile things. (I obviously exclude myself from that generalisation)

I went to a basketball game in the us and the home fans were right behind their team the whole game. A really enjoyable experience where folk go to really support their team. Just as an aside just about everybody supports their local teams. Different strokes and all that but a totally different sporting culture.

hibsbollah
27-07-2019, 01:49 PM
I went to a basketball game in the us and the home fans were right behind their team the whole game. A really enjoyable experience where folk go to really support their team. Just as an aside just about everybody supports their local teams. Different strokes and all that but a totally different sporting culture.

I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. I was thinking this while watching the women's World Cup this summer, which seems to have none of the cynicism and negativity of the mens game. Scottish football is represented by the Alan Hansen school of sneering aggressive negativity. And has been since I started going in the 70s, in the pubs, from the TV and radio pundits and on the terraces. I still love it but if we could borrow some of the positivity from other sports and cultures without losing what makes it authentic I think it would benefit everyone.

Turnbullsmate
27-07-2019, 01:54 PM
I thought a very good post and really puts our current status in perspective. Moaning about the moaners is a double negative so a positive.

I too enjoyed the OP and fail to see where the "unionist" "flag waving" "SNP Nationalism" connotations some are referring to are to be taken from said post.

The element underscoring the tenor of the post (for me) was more in line with us manoeuvring our way successfully as a football club within the confines of Scottish football despite the dominance of the Uglies and their undue influence on the SFA/SPL and consequential preferential treatment from said bodies.

Maybe i am not reading between the lines but i see no hint of Nationalistic flag waving at all in the OP......... rather a sense of pride in our clubs progress despite the obstacles in our(and other) clubs way.

basehibby
27-07-2019, 04:28 PM
My biggest beef is posters actually sniping at each other, I have done it myself but this board is becoming f,n ridicoulas, wind yir necks in

Are you tryin to tell me to wind my neck in and stop sniping??? - have a word with yerself and wind yer neck in and stop sniping at posters for not stopping sniping :grr::fuming::bitchy:

Liam6270
27-07-2019, 04:34 PM

I love the union, I’m very happy with Boris and anything that can shut up Sturgeon will put a smile on my face.

Oh and woeful post as well.

superfurryhibby
27-07-2019, 04:40 PM
I love the union, I’m very happy with Boris and anything that can shut up Sturgeon will put a smile on my face.

Oh and woeful post as well.

Your Irony bypass filter is switched off, lol.

The Pointer
27-07-2019, 04:45 PM

Ggtth & viva Europa!

I don't like that particular song as it is a Celtc song and I remember the Livvy fans singing, "You're just Celtc in disguise" following a chorus of it at Hampden when we lost to them.

Lago
27-07-2019, 05:03 PM
I don't like that particular song as it is a Celtc song and I remember the Livvy fans singing, "You're just Celtc in disguise" following a chorus of it at Hampden when we lost to them.
That was embarrassing!!

BSEJVT
27-07-2019, 05:04 PM
Whether you like it or not, your post is a political statement in favour of censorship and sets out an ideal as to how the board should be run.

What a crock of absolute ****.

Censorship is practised by an authority over its subjects.

I want to read about Hibs and Hibs related stuff

If I wanted to debate politics or censorship I am more than capable of finding a forum to accommodate me.

What I really don't want to read is someone else's political view right left or centre without asking them to share it with me.

I also don't want to read half-arsed statements such as yours in which to quote you back although its absolute horse**** "your post is a political statement in favour of censorship (positive) and sets out an ideal as to how the board should be"

If we dont express an opinion on how we want a FOOTBALL board to be run we will have to continuously read unwelcome political pap like yours and his.

Or is your suggestion that through osmosis people are subconsciously aware that it is a football forum and not to post that pish

Because if it is its not ****ing working!

bigwheel
27-07-2019, 05:06 PM
That was embarrassing!!

Really ?? We’ve sang that song for 40+ years and I can say never been embarrassed about it ..certainly not Livi that’s for sure

Eyrie
27-07-2019, 05:55 PM
This is the Football Forum. If you want to talk politics then you have the Holy Ground Forum for that.

Stonewall
27-07-2019, 06:02 PM

I thought he meant to type onanism and fell victim to predictive text.

Clarence
27-07-2019, 07:03 PM
This is the Football Forum. If you want to talk politics then you have the Holy Ground Forum for that.

Can you explain to me why you think my post is an expression of me wanting to talk politics on this board? I think in your haste to act like a forum bouncer, showing me the door, you’ve completely misconstrued my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foritza
27-07-2019, 07:26 PM
Can you explain to me why you think my post is an expression of me wanting to talk politics on this board? I think in your haste to act like a forum bouncer, showing me the door, you’ve completely misconstrued my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys no infighting required - Lets see where we are after the first two games - home game against St Mirren we should be looking to win. Away game against Rangers, because of their financial clout 3 points out of the first 2 games would be realistic any more would be a bonus.

One Day Soon
31-07-2019, 12:39 PM
Lots of words

Not for me.

Could not agree more. Fair enough if it's a political debate on the Holy Ground but WTF does 'Unionism' or any other political perspective have to do with supporting Hibs?

Crap like this is enough to turn you to Nationalism...

Sammy7nil
31-07-2019, 12:54 PM

I have been to several Hibs games when the support have been right behind Hibs even staying behind to thank the players for their efforts following a defeat or a draw.

Ones that spring to mind are AEK Athens, Hearts 2 - 2 and home to Airdrie in the Scottish cup we battered them and lost 2 - 0.

Fans will support when they see effort and commitment when they dont the vast majorty will go quiet and miority will offer critcism or abuse.

Cabbage East
31-07-2019, 12:58 PM

You ok mate?

J-C
31-07-2019, 01:09 PM
I read the 1st paragraph, got the gist, seen the length of the post and then posted this.

Barman Stanton
31-07-2019, 01:32 PM
Missed this originally. Great post, couldn't agree more.