PDA

View Full Version : Flo’s offside goal

lord bunberry
27-07-2019, 12:07 AM
This really deserves a thread of its own. One of the worst offside decisions I’ve seen, Flo must’ve been two or three yards onside. That useless Tory **** knew exactly what he was doing. If he thought that Flo was offside he shouldn’t be involved in professional football.

Juniper Greens
27-07-2019, 12:11 AM
Whilst I disagree with his Tory ways...

Being objective, why was he in Elgin on one of the most important weeks for government (and his party) in recent memory.

On a football standpoint, why was he refereeing an Elgin game?!

AZhibee
27-07-2019, 05:01 AM
This really deserves a thread of its own. One of the worst offside decisions I’ve seen, Flo must’ve been two or three yards onside. That useless Tory **** knew exactly what he was doing. If he thought that Flo was offside he shouldn’t be involved in professional football.

Almost as bad as the blown handball v Falkirk in playoff, though less detrimental. He flat out blew the call and guessed, or worse. According to HibsTV announcers he apologized to Hecky after halftime.

Todi114
27-07-2019, 05:03 AM
Summer recess
He was on Radio Scotland earlier talking about a bridge in Lossiemouth that needed repaired
claimed to be working in his constituency
a chance to earn sum summer cash on the side

27-07-2019, 05:35 AM
Shouldn't be allowed to officiate any games for teams from his constituency. If he'd done such a howler against Elgin it could've cost him some votes.

Heisenberg
27-07-2019, 05:39 AM
Couldn’t believe it when they said he was the MP for the same area that Elgin are from but having seen the replays it just comes down to pure incompetence. He’s nowhere near being up with play and has simply made a wild guess at the last minute.

BILLYHIBS
27-07-2019, 06:06 AM
If ever there was a case for VAR?

:dunno:

greenpaper55
27-07-2019, 06:24 AM
Is this an SNP supporters thread, what does anyones politics have to do with football ?

Bangkok Hibby
27-07-2019, 06:30 AM
Is this an SNP supporters thread, what does anyones politics have to do with football ?

Aye you're right but I'd say the majority here hate Tory's. You don't have to be an SNP supporter to fall into this group. Its banter...irrelevant yes but **** the Tory **** 🙏🏻

Kavinho
27-07-2019, 06:34 AM

Isn't the Conflict of interests quite obvious, if a politician of any persuasion is reffing a game in a constituency where hes looking for votes?

Hard to ensure non-bias. Surely that's the point? Not that he's one party or another

Jim44
27-07-2019, 06:37 AM
I think he was actually flagging offside against Doidge, who was well onside. Kamberi was even more clearly onside. If it was a genuine mistake, this guy should be suspended for gross incompetence. The fact he apologised to PH at half time makes me suspicious that he was at it. It’s not the first time an official has apologised for ‘mistakes’. It’s an easy way out of not giving decisions they don’t want to. The practice of apologising would soon stop if they made a rule that ‘apologising’ on three occasions would trigger a long suspension. :rules:

LancsHibs
27-07-2019, 06:49 AM
Aye you're right but I'd say the majority here hate Tory's. You don't have to be an SNP supporter to fall into this group. Its banter...irrelevant yes but **** the Tory **** 🙏🏻

No need. Maybe a minority but expect there are quite a few posters on here who are Tory’s or have voted conservative, hardly deserve to be called **** on here by you. Keep your politics to yourself
And yes the off side decision was a disgrace and again highlights the poor standard of refereeing we have to endure

Spudster
27-07-2019, 06:51 AM
A Tory made an arse of it. Only surprise is that he recognised his incompetence and apologised for it.

Jack
27-07-2019, 07:00 AM
If ever there was a case for VAR?

VAR would cost more than double, almost triple, what the eventual winners would receive as prize money.

Yup it's a good case for VAR but it's not going to happen in the LC.

brog
27-07-2019, 07:05 AM
I think he was actually flagging offside against Doidge, who was well onside. Kamberi was even more clearly onside. If it was a genuine mistake, this guy should be suspended for gross incompetence. The fact he apologised to PH at half time makes me suspicious that he was at it. It’s not the first time an official has apologised for ‘mistakes’. It’s an easy way out of not giving decisions they don’t want to. The practice of apologising would soon stop if they made a rule that ‘apologising’ on three occasions would trigger a long suspension. :rules:

Pretty sure he flagged against Flo Jim. He didn't actually raise his flag until the ball was in the net. As others have said there's a clear conflict of interest with him officiating at a club he represents in Parliament. Oli's goal on Tuesday was also wrongly ruled out though much less obviously. It's possible those errors could cost us a seeding.

JimBHibees
27-07-2019, 07:16 AM
Isn't the Conflict of interests quite obvious, if a politician of any persuasion is reffing a game in a constituency where hes looking for votes?

Hard to ensure non-bias. Surely that's the point? Not that he's one party or another

That is the key point. We struggle a bit with conflicts of interest in this country, can remember referees being able to nominate where they would want to ref their last game, yes really :greengrin

One of the worst decisions ever and am afraid an apology doesn't cover it. Hopefully we don't miss out on a seeding place by one goal.

BILLYHIBS
27-07-2019, 07:17 AM
VAR would cost more than double, almost triple, what the eventual winners would receive as prize money.

:agree:

JimBHibees
27-07-2019, 07:18 AM

We could have var light and 4th official could review obvious errors like last night. Basically we can't afford not to have it.

JimBHibees
27-07-2019, 07:22 AM

Yes can remember the linesman apologising to Butcher for the Jordan Forster 3 yards onside goal at pbs. As you say creates a suspicion they were at it imo.

northern-hibee
27-07-2019, 07:38 AM
He regularly gets wheeled out for the Old Firm games and was the linesman who was yelling “red card”, “red card” when he flagged for an offence against a Celtic player a couple of seasons ago, the likes of which I’ve never seen at a football game before. Incredible that he gets these games considering his political views.

Bangkok Hibby
27-07-2019, 07:39 AM
No need. Maybe a minority but expect there are quite a few posters on here who are Tory’s or have voted conservative, hardly deserve to be called **** on here by you. Keep your politics to yourself
And yes the off side decision was a disgrace and again highlights the poor standard of refereeing we have to endure

My post was light hearted but maybe didn't come across that way. I take great exception to you assuming I called any Hibs supporter a ****. Depends on your interpretation of the filtered swear word doesn't it but I bet I didn't say what you think I said. I was talking about the linesman, nobody else.
You tell me to keep my politics to myself. I'll tell you to reel your neck in if you don't know the poster or meaning of the post you are attacking.

Liam6270
27-07-2019, 07:58 AM
I voted Tory! Shame this guy is a rubbish linesman

BoomtownHibees
27-07-2019, 08:08 AM
i voted tory! Shame this guy is a rubbish linesman

lttf

HIGHLANDLEITHER
27-07-2019, 08:16 AM
He regularly gets wheeled out for the Old Firm games and was the linesman who was yelling “red card”, “red card” when he flagged for an offence against a Celtic player a couple of seasons ago, the likes of which I’ve never seen at a football game before. Incredible that he gets these games considering his political views.
He was also one of the four officials in the old firm game when Morelos could have been sent off 3 times. Strangely never saw anything in that game. Should be dropped completely.

Hibbyradge
27-07-2019, 08:17 AM

Seriously?

You want officials to be suspended for apologising?

Should that apply to players too?

If there was any possibility of an official being punished for apologizing for a mistake, they just wouldn't apologise and another bit of respect and decency would be removed from the game.

Officials get suspended or downgraded for making mistakes, not for admitting them.

Keith_M
27-07-2019, 08:17 AM
I voted Tory! ...

Disgusting!

Get some therapy

😜

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2019, 08:19 AM
I think he knew what he was doing, he knew it was not offside and he just cheated.

He has previous. :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
27-07-2019, 08:22 AM
Officials get suspended or downgraded for making mistakes, not for admitting them.

Not sure there is much evidence of that Collum and Dallas being two examples of officials making atrocious decisions but continually getting big games.

One Day
27-07-2019, 08:23 AM

I was thinking that and remember the " red card red card" incident, can anyone remember the game and the circumstances, who was sent off

JimBHibees
27-07-2019, 08:23 AM
I think he knew what he was doing, he knew it was not offside and he just cheated.

Totally agree

Keith_M
27-07-2019, 08:26 AM

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick, Garry, but why?

Cataplana
27-07-2019, 08:28 AM
He is the MP for Elgin. Might have something to do with it.

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2019, 08:28 AM
Sorry if I'm being a bit thick, Garry, but why?

Because he's a bigot who hates all things green, and loves to get it right up us whenever he can.

PS there's only one r in my name. :wink:

Torto7
27-07-2019, 08:29 AM

Just another honest mistake. :wink: The fact he's a tory unionist(i wonder who he supports) has nothing to do with it of course. :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
27-07-2019, 08:29 AM

I don't believe that for a second.

He made a shocking decision which everyone has seen and his reputation with his employers will have been damaged.

Why would he do that? It was the first half of a game which Hibs were dominating and were expected to win comfortably.

More likely is that he wasn't paying proper attention and jumped to the wrong conclusion when he saw Flo on his own on the goal line.

Incompetence certainly, but not deliberate cheating.

One Day
27-07-2019, 08:30 AM

so do i

northern-hibee
27-07-2019, 08:32 AM
I was thinking that and remember the " red card red card" incident, can anyone remember the game and the circumstances, who was sent off

March 2018, Sumonovic elbow on Morelos, Celtic went onto win with ten men

neil7908
27-07-2019, 08:38 AM
He is the MP for Elgin. Might have something to do with it.

It's genuinely insane that he's allowed to be involved as an official in any of their games. It's Scottish footballer though so I probably shouldn't be surprised.

Man Down Under
27-07-2019, 08:41 AM
I doubt he cheated, I reckon he's just not very good at his job. Probably both jobs to be honest.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Radium
27-07-2019, 08:43 AM

Radium
27-07-2019, 08:44 AM
Seriously?

You want officials to be suspended for apologising?

Should that apply to players too?

If there was any possibility of an official being punished for apologizing for a mistake, they just wouldn't apologise and another bit of respect and decency would be removed from the game.

If the apology came after he saw the incident again something needs done: officials should not be reviewing incidents during the game.

If someone from Hibs has said to him that the pictures show that Flo was onside and he has said something like, sorry if that’s the case, it’s not worth much comment. Stock answer that he would look at it after the game would be better.

That he is so ingrained in an anti-Hibs biase that he is cheating in a league cup group game in Elgin. Pencils and underpants stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Day
27-07-2019, 08:47 AM
March 2018, Sumonovic elbow on Morelos, Celtic went onto win with ten men

thanks

hibbyfraelibby
27-07-2019, 09:03 AM

Being objective, why was he in Elgin on one of the most important weeks for government (and his party) in recent memory.

It was a Friday night. MPs return to their constituencies and his office is within a hoofball of the ground. Dont know what the SFA was playing at appointing him other than to save on refs travelling expenses

Cataplana
27-07-2019, 09:06 AM
It's genuinely insane that he's allowed to be involved as an official in any of their games. It's Scottish footballer though so I probably shouldn't be surprised.

Any decent person would declare a conflict of interest. I suppose if that was allowed though, it would be impossible to find three officials for Rangers games.

hibbyfraelibby
27-07-2019, 09:06 AM

The only good Tory is a suppository

Keith_M
27-07-2019, 09:07 AM
Because he's a bigot who hates all things green, and loves to get it right up us whenever he can.

PS there's only one r in my name. :wink:

Oops, sorry.

Thanks for the reply, Garrry.

hibbyfraelibby
27-07-2019, 09:08 AM
I voted Tory! Shame this guy is a rubbish linesman

Your meds aren't working...

hibbie02
27-07-2019, 09:08 AM

Because the Summer recess started on Thursday night. Despite that he shouldn't be officiating full stop.

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2019, 09:10 AM
Oops, sorry.

Thanks for the reply, Garrry.

:greengrin

mjhibby
27-07-2019, 09:15 AM
A Tory made an arse of it. Only surprise is that he recognised his incompetence and apologised for it.

Made a Boris of it then. I'll get my coat.

mjhibby
27-07-2019, 09:17 AM
The only good Tory is a suppository

Funny how anything ending in tory is quite nasty. Lavatory,purgatory. You get the picture.

HibbyKeith
27-07-2019, 09:18 AM
Just add the ref into this while we're at it!

How did their #9 not receive a red card for his full boot of studs into the back of Doidge with the ref about 5 yards away? it's almost as baffling as the offside decision.

JimBHibees
27-07-2019, 09:21 AM

How did their #9 not receive a red card for his full boot of studs into the back of Doidge with the ref about 5 yards away? it's almost as baffling as the offside decision.

Agree could easily have damaged his ankle or Achilles badly. Definite red Collum 2 yards away.

my left peg
27-07-2019, 09:33 AM
Funny how anything ending in tory is quite nasty. Lavatory,purgatory. You get the picture.

In Scotland,history!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
27-07-2019, 09:39 AM

Bit like sone of the threads on here...negatory

hibbyfraelibby
27-07-2019, 09:42 AM

I'll give Gollum the benefit of the doubt. In the replay on TV whilst he is just a couple of yards away he is clearly watch where the ball was played. The dirty wee tierag's foul was late and not in his line of vision, periferal at best.

Hibbyradge
27-07-2019, 10:18 AM
I'll give Gollum the benefit of the doubt. In the replay on TV whilst he is just a couple of yards away he is clearly watch where the ball was played. The dirty wee tierag's foul was late and not in his line of vision, periferal at best.

I think one of the pundits questioned if it was even a yellow card foul before seeing a second replay from a different angle.

Referees are supposed to see everything correctly everytime. That's impossible.

The only way to get close to 100% accurate decisions is by using VAR more widely, but fans don't want that.

Catch 22.

WeeRussell
27-07-2019, 10:38 AM
Awful decision, but strangely I’m sure flo said in his interview that HE thought he was offside at first too!!!

Him and the Tory Lino must have been the only two people in the world to think that 😂

brog
27-07-2019, 10:49 AM
Awful decision, but strangely I’m sure flo said in his interview that HE thought he was offside at first too!!!

Him and the Tory Lino must have been the only two people in the world to think that 😂

He didn't, just stumbled over his words, not speaking in his 1st language.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-07-2019, 11:05 AM

Him and the Tory Lino must have been the only two people in the world to think that [emoji23]

Nah Flo said he thought he was at least 2 yards onside. We seem to get a significant number of mental decisions against us, last night, non goals against Hearts, Suso cup final pen, Falkirk hand ball etc etc. Can think of some incorrect decisions in our favour but not as ridiculous as any of them. Sure it’s all just honest mistakes though [emoji848][emoji848]

HH81
27-07-2019, 11:21 AM

He made a shocking decision which everyone has seen and his reputation with his employers will have been damaged.

Why would he do that? It was the first half of a game which Hibs were dominating and were expected to win comfortably.

More likely is that he wasn't paying proper attention and jumped to the wrong conclusion when he saw Flo on his own on the goal line.

Correct.

Northernhibee
27-07-2019, 11:23 AM
The thing is, even if you weren't paying proper attention the body language of everyone says it all. The Elgin players weren't protesting, the Hibs players weren't looking over to him. You can read a situation from that and again, he got it wrong.

JimBHibees
27-07-2019, 11:47 AM

Why not? He is a human being and capable of cheating if he wishes. Theire are former refs who are on the sportsman dinner circuit who are proud as punch of saying they favoured Rangers. One asked for his final game to be at Ibrox unfortunately for him the 7 mins he added on resulted in a winning goal for the opposition.

Also throwing in the fact he is the local mp which only in Scotland would not rule him out of participating in an Elgin game casts question to me on how impartial that decision was. That was honestly the worst decision I have ever seen. In saying that as someone else said as a club we do seem to get on the wrong end of these shockers while not getting anything like the same sort of decisions in our favour.

Forza Fred
27-07-2019, 11:53 AM
If it wS an ‘honest mistake’ then he is the most incompetent linesman I have ever seen, and should be removed from officiating 9

RyeSloan
27-07-2019, 12:03 PM
He didn't, just stumbled over his words, not speaking on his 1st language.

No he clearly said he thought he was offside at the time as well but saw it at half time and realised that he was on.

brog
27-07-2019, 02:31 PM
No he clearly said he thought he was offside at the time as well but saw it at half time and realised that he was on.

Not what I heard. I think he misunderstood the question, IIRC it was a bit of a double negative.

RyeSloan
27-07-2019, 03:09 PM
Not what I heard. I think he misunderstood the question, IIRC it was a bit of a double negative.

Ach well fair enough...he didn’t seem overly bothered either way and we shouldn’t be either as it’s hardly a topic to fall out over [emoji106][emoji736] [emoji2]

givescotlandfreedom
27-07-2019, 04:52 PM

Correct

60yearahibby
27-07-2019, 05:01 PM
Correct

My cousin was a teacher at this Tory's secondary school. He said that Ross was an arrogant bully whose parents were simple farm workers but Ross thought he was above all that. Few friends needless to say.

ahibby
27-07-2019, 05:04 PM

Hibs have SNP MSP fans but Tories are in the minority UK wide so its okay to have a go.

ahibby
27-07-2019, 05:05 PM
Correct.

Is he competent at anything?

brog
27-07-2019, 05:07 PM
Ach well fair enough...he didn’t seem overly bothered either way and we shouldn’t be either as it’s hardly a topic to fall out over [emoji106][emoji736] [emoji2]
Agreed! 😊

brog
27-07-2019, 05:11 PM
Why not? He is a human being and capable of cheating if he wishes. Theire are former refs who are on the sportsman dinner circuit who are proud as punch of saying they favoured Rangers. One asked for his final game to be at Ibrox unfortunately for him the 7 mins he added on resulted in a winning goal for the opposition.

Also throwing in the fact he is the local mp which only in Scotland would not rule him out of participating in an Elgin game casts question to me on how impartial that decision was. That was honestly the worst decision I have ever seen. In saying that as someone else said as a club we do seem to get on the wrong end of these shockers while not getting anything like the same sort of decisions in our favour.

Still think Leigh's goal was the worst ever. The fact that it was a free kick, rather than open play, with both officials lined up to watch a shot at goal, swings it for me. The ball being at least a yard over the line didn't help either! I'm still beeling!

H18 SFR
27-07-2019, 05:14 PM
My cousin was a teacher at this Tory's secondary school. He said that Ross was an arrogant bully whose parents were simple farm workers but Ross thought he was above all that. Few friends needless to say.

I know a couple of refs who say he is a complete tit of a man.

JimBHibees
28-07-2019, 07:21 AM

It sounded to me like he was trying to say he accepted he was offside at the time only to be told at half time clearly on. Sometimes you will think you are onside though that sort of cross and header situation you probably aren't sure so give officials benefit of the doubt.

Turnbullsmate
28-07-2019, 07:29 AM
Still think Leigh's goal was the worst ever. The fact that it was a free kick, rather than open play, with both officials lined up to watch a shot at goal, swings it for me. The ball being at least a yard over the line didn't help either! I'm still beeling!

Ollies at Swinie wasnae' far behind . I know it's speculative but had that goal been given we might be seeing a far more confident Ollie today.

P.S. Admins can you change my username to Turnbullsmate.... ?...dunno how i managed to misspell the legends name, many thanks

Hibernian Verse
28-07-2019, 07:39 AM

Also throwing in the fact he is the local mp which only in Scotland would not rule him out of participating in an Elgin game casts question to me on how impartial that decision was. That was honestly the worst decision I have ever seen. In saying that as someone else said as a club we do seem to get on the wrong end of these shockers while not getting anything like the same sort of decisions in our favour.Whilst we have had some shocking decisions against us you have to admit we have had some decisions go for us.

Halliday sending off at Ibrox (fyvie dive), no penalty for Stevenson two handed push on Waghorn in the cup final, McNulty offside for Horgans first at Tynie last season.

We arent the subject of bias.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibee_Craig7062
28-07-2019, 08:13 AM

Do not take the after dinner sportsmans circuit too seriously. these guys need an "act" to be funny. There's sheer incompetence rife throughout our refs but no cheating IMO

JimBHibees
28-07-2019, 08:31 AM
Whilst we have had some shocking decisions against us you have to admit we have had some decisions go for us.

Halliday sending off at Ibrox (fyvie dive), no penalty for Stevenson two handed push on Waghorn in the cup final, McNulty offside for Horgans first at Tynie last season.

We arent the subject of bias.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No way on this earth was the waghorn one a pen. Personally think some refs cheat and think certain teams get many more decisions than others. Compare your list with the monumental ones given against us.

Hibbyradge
28-07-2019, 08:46 AM

It was a big error, but it's certainly not the worst decision I've seen.

I saw Leigh Griffiths put a free kick 3 feet behind Craig Gordon but the goal wasn't given.

I saw Maradona punch the ball into the England net.

I saw Dundee United striker hit the stantion inside the goal net and the defender catch the rebounding ball only to hand it to the keeper and play on.

All cheating or genuine mistakes?

There have been loads of terrible decisions because, as you say, the officials are human.

Spike Mandela
28-07-2019, 08:48 AM
He wouldn’t have given the decision against Rangers.

Hibbyradge
28-07-2019, 08:52 AM
He wouldn’t have given the decision against Rangers.

Or Dunfermline.

Easy game this.

Paisley Hibby
28-07-2019, 08:57 AM
Not a cheat. Just useless. Probably still trying to get over whatever Eton-based initiation ceremony he had to undergo earlier in the week to prove his loyalty to BoJo.

PaulSmith
28-07-2019, 01:21 PM
Just watched Lewis Forfar’s highlights of the Arbroath game and Oli Shaw’s goal was wrongly given as offside as well.

greenpaper55
28-07-2019, 01:31 PM
Not a cheat. Just useless. Probably still trying to get over whatever Eton-based initiation ceremony he had to undergo earlier in the week to prove his loyalty to BoJo.

Is this an official SNP site now !

hibbyfraelibby
28-07-2019, 01:33 PM

...other opposition parties are available. Apart from the Greens the rest are just Tories prefixed by a rosette colour though😉

BILLYHIBS
28-07-2019, 01:36 PM
...other opposition parties are available. Apart from the Greens the rest are just Tories prefixed by a rosette colour though😉
We are the greens :greengrin

delbert
28-07-2019, 01:43 PM

You are referring to Bobby Tait and as you point out, ‘his’ team lost which kinda goes against the general tone of the thread. And you’re also factually incorrect in that he asked if he could referee his last game at the ground where he refereed his first senior fixture and he did so - at Albion Rovers !!

brog
28-07-2019, 01:48 PM
Do not take the after dinner sportsmans circuit too seriously. these guys need an "act" to be funny. There's sheer incompetence rife throughout our refs but no cheating IMO

The ref that Jim B is talking about was Bobby Tait. His after dinner speaking is largely confined to Orange & Masonic lodges. He freely concedes he cheated in Rangers favour & openly boasts about never awarding a penalty against them. I remember the game against Rangers at ER when we lost 4 3 after being 3 1 up. Tait actually made the 1st pass for Rangers 2nd goal. He awarded them a soft free kick then raced over to kick the ball to a Rangers player who moved it on. Two more passes & Rangers had scored, astonishing. I accept most errors are down to incompetence but Tait was corrupt & it's hard to believe he was/is the only one.

brog
28-07-2019, 02:04 PM
You are referring to Bobby Tait and as you point out, ‘his’ team lost which kinda goes against the general tone of the thread. And you’re also factually incorrect in that he asked if he could referee his last game at the ground where he refereed his first senior fixture and he did so - at Albion Rovers !!

You're correct his last game was at Cliftonville but the previous week was the last game of season at Ibrox. Tait asked for & was awarded that game. The fact that Rangers lost was ironic but also irrelevant. Rangers were already behind Celtic & could only win the league by beating Killie, it was the supposed 10 IAR season. Tait added on 7 minutes of injury time & while Rangers were desperately attacking, Killie broke away & scored. He then blew for full time immediately.

WeeRussell
28-07-2019, 02:10 PM

That’s what I thought. That he did think he was offside though hoped the goal would stand, seen it again and was well onside.

Regardless it was still a terrible call from the linesman.

One Day
28-07-2019, 02:11 PM
The ref that Jim B is talking about was Bobby Tait. His after dinner speaking is largely confined to Orange & Masonic lodges. He freely concedes he cheated in Rangers favour & openly boasts about never awarding a penalty against them. I remember the game against Rangers at ER when we lost 4 3 after being 3 1 up. Tait actually made the 1st pass for Rangers 2nd goal. He awarded them a soft free kick then raced over to kick the ball to a Rangers player who moved it on. Two more passes & Rangers had scored, astonishing. I accept most errors are down to incompetence but Tait was corrupt & it's hard to believe he was/is the only one.

I don't believe it either

BILLYHIBS
28-07-2019, 02:22 PM
Bobby Davidson was another ref that did not like the green of HIBS

I remember a controversial late penalty in a Scottish Cup replay at Easter Road converted by Tommy McLean as the game inched towards extra time and the award of a blatantly offside goal to Rangers at Ibroke
once again scored by Tommy McLean
The award incensed John Blackley that much he was sent off for his protest

brog
28-07-2019, 03:01 PM

I remember a controversial late penalty in a Scottish Cup replay at Easter Road converted by Tommy McLean as the game inched towards extra time and the award of a blatantly offside goal to Rangers at Ibroke

Hibs were going to appeal Sloop's sending off until they received the ref's report detailing Sloop's comments in graphic detail! 😀

Turnbullsmate
28-07-2019, 03:10 PM

Lest we forget Billy....."Tiny" Wharton, a pure sash wearing Kint...surprised he and Davidson didnae wear bowler hats and use a flute rather than a whistle

BILLYHIBS
28-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Hibs were going to appeal Sloop's sending off until they received the ref's report detailing Sloop's comments in graphic detail! 😀

Now now Mr Blackley.........! 😂

Crazyhorse
28-07-2019, 03:22 PM
It was a big error, but it's certainly not the worst decision I've seen.

I saw Leigh Griffiths put a free kick 3 feet behind Craig Gordon but the goal wasn't given.

I saw Maradona punch the ball into the England net.

I saw Dundee United striker hit the stantion inside the goal net and the defender catch the rebounding ball only to hand it to the keeper and play on.

All cheating or genuine mistakes?

There have been loads of terrible decisions because, as you say, the officials are human.

That Dundee Utd one was the best/worst in Scottish football in my lifetime!

Turnbullsmate
28-07-2019, 03:35 PM
Now now Mr Blackley.........! 😂

The supremely "Talented Mr Blackley" if you don't mind. :cb Just made the game look easy

BILLYHIBS
28-07-2019, 05:06 PM
The supremely "Talented Mr Blackley" if you don't mind. :cb Just made the game look easy

Ha Ha!

Funnily enough on Tuesday my youngest laddie asked me who was the best right back I have ever seen play for HIBS “John Brownlie” I responded “I thought he was the best centre back you had ever seen” he countered “Naw that was John Blackley” I replied :greengrin

southsider
28-07-2019, 08:35 PM

Billy was JB not sent off Ibrox for his reaction to a T McLean ‘goal’ that was at least TEN yards offside. Spoke to ET about is some years later and he considered telling our team to come off the pitch.

southsider
28-07-2019, 08:44 PM

Sloop has a street named after him in his home town of Falkirk. I don’t live near ER but if I did I would be campaigning for Sunnyside at the Hibs club to be David Grey Head.

BILLYHIBS
28-07-2019, 09:08 PM
Billy was JB not sent off Ibrox for his reaction to a T McLean ‘goal’ that was at least TEN yards offside. Spoke to ET about is some years later and he considered telling our team to come off the pitch.
Yes

Please reread my post

He was standing smoking a cigar chatting to Jim McArthur with his carpet slippers on when the ball came through to him

:cb

Edit

Maybe I should go back to giving each point its own line

��

Monts
29-07-2019, 11:58 AM
Sloop has a street named after him in his home town of Falkirk. I don’t live near ER but if I did I would be campaigning for Sunnyside at the Hibs club to be David Grey Head.

Probably get someone to check the spelling before changing the sign though :greengrin

Kavinho
29-07-2019, 12:21 PM
That Dundee Utd one was the best/worst in Scottish football in my lifetime!

There was a real shocker at Partick last year too.

Keith_M
29-07-2019, 12:39 PM

I think it's mostly just anti-Tory, which seems fair enough considering who they just appointed as leader of their party.

Ringothedog
29-07-2019, 12:45 PM

Is it only the SNP that dislike tories? Have a word!! Some tories dislike the tories at this moment in time as do Greens,Labour, Lib Dems and the SNP

Bill Milne
30-07-2019, 09:41 AM

Tommy McLean was tying his boot laces with Jim McArthur being the only other player in the Hibs half. When the ball was hoofed to McLean and he put it in the net, Jim McArthur was laughing his nuts off and made no attempt to stop him as it was so blatantly offside. It was only when the "Mason in Black" signalled to his linesman that he was awarding the goal that everything kicked off. I was with my blind cousin and his mate in the Ibrox blind enclosure (just behind the Huns dugout) and the commentator warned his listeners not to get excited at the crowd noise as there was no way the goal would be awarded. He later made a heartfelt apology to us for such a shocking cheat from Ref Davidson, Bear in mind that the game finished 1-0 and this was the defining moment of the match!!