PDA

View Full Version : New Hibs Podcast

matty_f
25-07-2019, 09:19 PM
Podcast - with guest star!
Here’s the latest longbangers podcast, also starting our very own Pedantic Hibee.

I’ve taken on board the feedback from the last episode and this definitely benefits from another voice - and what a great job Pedantic did.

It’s also much longer than previous episodes.

Give it a try, hope you like it.

https://t.co/ymGZw3ZQjo

Sproule Three
26-07-2019, 01:06 AM
That was very enjoyable listening during a morning drive in the nightmare Sydney traffic .
looking forward to next one 👍

Pedantic_Hibee
26-07-2019, 06:44 AM
I apologise in advance for any offence caused 😂

matty_f
26-07-2019, 07:28 AM
That was very enjoyable listening during a morning drive in the nightmare Sydney traffic .
looking forward to next one 👍

Glad you enjoyed it!

Great to get that feedback.

04Sauzee
26-07-2019, 07:32 AM
Listening to it on my way into work, great listen guys.

matty_f
26-07-2019, 07:35 AM
Listening to it on my way into work, great listen guys.

:aok: nice one, thanks.

Leitherhibs
26-07-2019, 07:59 AM
Good listen this, cheers guys.

matty_f
26-07-2019, 08:02 AM
Good listen this, cheers guys.

Thanks - if you’re on Twitter or that would you mind sharing it please (that goes to anyone, too!).

Glad you enjoyed it.

Heisenberg
26-07-2019, 09:12 AM
Enjoyed the podcast. Any chance someone has a video of Scott Allan ending Ian Black’s career as was discussed on the podcast? Would love to see it again.

Dalianwanda
26-07-2019, 09:30 AM
Great listen, look forward to the next one.

Sproule Three
26-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Thanks - if you’re on Twitter or that would you mind sharing it please (that goes to anyone, too!).

Glad you enjoyed it.

Done .
Shared it on the Aus/NZ Hibs FB page too.
Always great to listen to Hibees chat when you're at other end of world

matty_f
26-07-2019, 09:55 AM
Enjoyed the podcast. Any chance someone has a video of Scott Allan ending Ian Black’s career as was discussed on the podcast? Would love to see it again.

Thanks. It’s bound to be on YouTube.

matty_f
26-07-2019, 09:57 AM
Done .
Shared it on the Aus/NZ Hibs FB page too.
Always great to listen to Hibees chat when you're at other end of world

That’s magic, really appreciate that.

matty_f
26-07-2019, 09:57 AM
Great listen, look forward to the next one.

:aok: thanks

badabing67
26-07-2019, 10:08 AM
Excellent really enjoyed listening to that. :thumbsup: How regularly do you expect to broadcast, will this be once per week or more before after each game. just wondered

nonshinyfinish
26-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Matty, do you have an RSS feed for the podcast? Would mean folk can listen/subscribe through whatever podcast app they already use.

I think you can get the sites you're using (RadioPublic etc) to create an RSS feed, but I've never done it myself.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-07-2019, 10:30 AM
Matty, do you have an RSS feed for the podcast? Would mean folk can listen/subscribe through whatever podcast app they already use.

I think you can get the sites you're using (RadioPublic etc) to create an RSS feed, but I've never done it myself.

As if by magic, you appear. By God I’ve missed you.

matty_f
26-07-2019, 10:58 AM
Excellent really enjoyed listening to that. :thumbsup: How regularly do you expect to broadcast, will this be once per week or more before after each game. just wondered

Weekly, hopefully.

Thanks for listening!

matty_f
26-07-2019, 11:01 AM

https://anchor.fm/s/9dbed64/podcast/rss

Try that. I’ll be honest and say I don’t know too much about it but that is the RSS feed from the podcast app.

26-07-2019, 11:43 AM
Good listen, thanks guys.

I reckon the interest from clubs down south in Shaw and Kamberi is a result of SJM's success at Villa. It must have generated more interest in the Scottish market, Hibs in particular, as a source of potential gems. The Cummings situation might make them a bit more wary though.

matty_f
26-07-2019, 12:18 PM
Good listen, thanks guys.

I reckon the interest from clubs down south in Shaw and Kamberi is a result of SJM's success at Villa. It must have generated more interest in the Scottish market, Hibs in particular, as a source of potential gems. The Cummings situation might make them a bit more wary though.

That’s a really good point about Shaw/McGinn - I think you’re right, McGinn will definitely have demonstrated the value in Scotland.

Thanks for listening!

BILLYHIBS
26-07-2019, 02:07 PM

https://youtu.be/6N2Gfhgv7RA

No actual footage of the pish being extracted but you do see that rodent Black getting hooked first half and disappearing up the tunnel never to be seen again :greengrin

Hibs 4 v 0 The Rangers should have been six

nonshinyfinish
26-07-2019, 02:17 PM
https://anchor.fm/s/9dbed64/podcast/rss

Try that. I’ll be honest and say I don’t know too much about it but that is the RSS feed from the podcast app.Perfect, thanks

nonshinyfinish
26-07-2019, 02:21 PM
As if by magic, you appear. By God I’ve missed you.

Hiya pal :love ya!:

matty_f
26-07-2019, 05:04 PM
Perfect, thanks

Did it work?

04Sauzee
26-07-2019, 05:14 PM
Matty as you know I love your podcasts and think it's now 3 I have listened to. Just a thought even although I love the name I just wonder if it's not getting picked up by Hibs fans as they don't know its a Hibs podcast because of the generic name?

Just a thought, maybe it's going to be a general football podcast in which case I'll shut my mouth.

Once again loving it

Hibbyradge
26-07-2019, 05:24 PM
Are these podcasts archived anywhere or are they just deleted after a certain period of time?

matty_f
26-07-2019, 05:28 PM
Matty as you know I love your podcasts and think it's now 3 I have listened to. Just a thought even although I love the name I just wonder if it's not getting picked up by Hibs fans as they don't know its a Hibs podcast because of the generic name?

Just a thought, maybe it's going to be a general football podcast in which case I'll shut my mouth.

Once again loving it

That’s good feedback, I’ll have a think about the name - hadn’t really considered the impact of it not being obviously Hibs related.

Thanks for listening as well. :aok:

04Sauzee
26-07-2019, 05:28 PM
Are these podcasts archived anywhere or are they just deleted after a certain period of time?

I know on Spotify you can choose from the list of Longbangers podcasts, not sure on other platforms

matty_f
26-07-2019, 05:29 PM

I know they’re all on Spotify so you can go back to previous episodes, I’ll need to investigate whether or not they drop off after a while.

nonshinyfinish
26-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Did it work?Yep, used the link to add it to Castbox

Hibbyradge
26-07-2019, 05:55 PM
I've subscribed to Longbangers on Pocketcasts.

It would be a good idea to find a suitable Hibs related profile picture and add it.

At the moment there's just a yellow box with the title "Longbangers".

Hibbyradge
26-07-2019, 06:01 PM
It's just changed from a yellow box to a football on a pitch.

Better, but a Hibs theme would be best even if you discuss other football from time to time.

Danderhall Hibs
26-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Listened earlier - enjoyed it. Good addition of pedantic who talks a lot of sense (well really just stuff I agree with).

Will listen again.

jacomo
26-07-2019, 08:21 PM
Loved the chat about our strikers’ etiquette at McDonalds.

More please!

matty_f
26-07-2019, 09:48 PM
It's just changed from a yellow box to a football on a pitch.

Better, but a Hibs theme would be best even if you discuss other football from time to time.

That’s the actual logo for the podcast as it is at the moment.

I’ll see if I can get a better, more Hibs related one.

matty_f
26-07-2019, 09:48 PM
Loved the chat about our strikers’ etiquette at McDonalds.

More please!

:greengrin we cover all the important issues. :agree:

Thanks for listening. :aok:

matty_f
26-07-2019, 09:49 PM
Listened earlier - enjoyed it. Good addition of pedantic who talks a lot of sense (well really just stuff I agree with).

Will listen again.

Thanks - Pedantic made a great debut. He’s a natural!

BILLYHIBS
27-07-2019, 06:09 AM
Relaxed informal HIBS chat

Quite enjoyed it

When is Pretty Boy making his Longbangers debut? :greengrin

Alfiembra
27-07-2019, 07:21 AM
Pedantic_Hibee are you Mikey Stewart in disguise? You know?

listened to all the podcasts and have enjoyed them all well done Matty. :aok:

matty_f
27-07-2019, 07:23 AM
Relaxed informal HIBS chat

Quite enjoyed it

When is Pretty Boy making his Longbangers debut? :greengrin

Pretty Boy is more than welcome wherever he wants, i think he’s way to sensible for it, though! :greengrin

matty_f
27-07-2019, 07:23 AM

Thanks very much :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
27-07-2019, 09:12 AM

Didn’t realise how often I said that until I listened to it 😂😂

KDY Hibs
27-07-2019, 11:54 AM
Enjoyed listening to that! Keep it up!

matty_f
27-07-2019, 12:05 PM
Enjoyed listening to that! Keep it up!

Nice one, thanks :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2019, 04:37 PM
I apologise in advance for any offence caused 😂

I thought it was a good listen. Strange hearing posters' voices; it reminds you that the usernames you see online belong to real people. It sounds strange, but it's easy to forget that.

matty_f
29-07-2019, 07:36 PM
We’re recording the next episode on Thursday, with guest and football manager researcher Lee (Lmc2105 on here) joining us.

So if you’ve anything you’ve always wanted to ask about Football Manager, stick it on this thread and we’ll get it asked!

Thanks again to everyone who took time out to listen to episode 3, we’re still not talking huge numbers but episode 3 pulled more listens than the first two put together (largely thanks to Pedantic!) so we’re really grateful for everyone who listened, contributed, gave feedback, and shared the podcast.

BroxburnHibee
29-07-2019, 08:09 PM
I've listened to them all Matty (and enjoyed them)

Having a guest definitely helps I think.

Theres plenty of folk on here I'm sure who'll be happy to chip in.

04Sauzee
29-07-2019, 08:10 PM
We’re recording the next episode on Thursday, with guest and football manager researcher Lee (Lmc2016 on here) joining us.

So if you’ve anything you’ve always wanted to ask about Football Manager, stick it on this thread and we’ll get it asked!

Thanks again to everyone who took time out to listen to episode 3, we’re still not talking huge numbers but episode 3 pulled more listens than the first two put together (largely thanks to Pedantic!) so we’re really grateful for everyone who listened, contributed, gave feedback, and shared the podcast.
Genuinely believe this could be the number 1 hibs podcast and that's no slight on what the other guys do

Lmc2105
29-07-2019, 08:29 PM
We’re recording the next episode on Thursday, with guest and football manager researcher Lee (Lmc2016 on here) joining us.

Last episode was fantastic and I am really looking forward to coming on thanks for having me! Can now explain why Porteous isn’t rated 5M on the game :greengrin

KDY Hibs
29-07-2019, 09:02 PM
Last episode was fantastic and I am really looking forward to coming on thanks for having me! Can now explain why Porteous isn’t rated 5M on the game :greengrin

Hibs chat from hibs folk, I'll be listening!

matty_f
30-07-2019, 11:01 PM
Now on iTunes Podcasts:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560

Danderhall Hibs
31-07-2019, 06:40 AM
Genuinely believe this could be the number 1 hibs podcast and that's no slight on what the other guys do

Agreed - I listen to the other one as well but they can lean towards the negative too often for my liking. This one feels like it’ll be funnier and a bit less serious (take the McDonald’s etiquette chat for example).

Now it’s on iTunes it’s even more accessible.

DaveF
31-07-2019, 06:50 AM
I mainly enjoyed the last one but the FM chat was a bit boring as far as I was concerned so I may give this one a miss.

Appreciate that I am older git who has completely bypassed the gaming phenomenon though! Just not my thing.

matty_f
31-07-2019, 07:54 AM
I mainly enjoyed the last one but the FM chat was a bit boring as far as I was concerned so I may give this one a miss.

Appreciate that I am older git who has completely bypassed the gaming phenomenon though! Just not my thing.

We’ve got a big section on FM on this week’s podcast but there are no plans for it to feature regularly as a topic.

hibsbollah
31-07-2019, 09:51 AM
I've only met you a couple of times Matty, but I recognised your voice straight off :greengrin Strange but true.

Listening to it now, enjoying Pedantics input as well, I listen to a lot of podcasts and this will be a good addition to my favourites :aok:

matty_f
31-07-2019, 10:08 AM
I've only met you a couple of times Matty, but I recognised your voice straight off :greengrin Strange but true.

Listening to it now, enjoying Pedantics input as well, I listen to a lot of podcasts and this will be a good addition to my favourites :aok:

Cheers! I didn't think I was that distinctive :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
31-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Cheers! I didn't think I was that distinctive :greengrin

I was wondering who the posh bloke was. I thought Jacob Rees-Mogg was on the programme for a while :greengrin

matty_f
31-07-2019, 02:16 PM
I was wondering who the posh bloke was. I thought Jacob Rees-Mogg was on the programme for a while :greengrin

think that must have been Pedantic... :greengrin

cjward2
31-07-2019, 05:23 PM
Subscribed to it via iTunes I believe
Good podcast. Always good to hear other opinions and thoughts about Hibs and will be one I will listen to regularly. Also appreciated hearing some of the voices behind the Usernames from .net.
Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this Matty. Long may it continue.:flag:

matty_f
01-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Episode 4 now available across the podcast platforms.

Lee was a fantastic guest on the show.

Would love everyone to have a listen and share the episode for us.

https://anchor.fm/longbangers/episodes/Episode-4-Football-Manager--Season-Predictions--Snack-of-the-Week-e4qitt

Pretty Boy
01-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Episode 4 now available across the podcast platforms.

Lee was a fantastic guest on the show.

Would love everyone to have a listen and share the episode for us.

https://anchor.fm/longbangers/episodes/Episode-4-Football-Manager--Season-Predictions--Snack-of-the-Week-e4qitt

Saving this one for my Sunday long run. Looking forward to it. Not heard Lees dulcet tones in a while so be interesting to hear what he has to say.

matty_f
01-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Saving this one for my Sunday long run. Looking forward to it. Not heard Lees dulcet tones in a while so be interesting to hear what he has to say.

He was a great guest. This one’s just over the hour and honestly, like last week with Pedantic, it just flew by so I really hope it’s a similar experience listening to it.

04Sauzee
01-08-2019, 09:47 PM
He was a great guest. This one’s just over the hour and honestly, like last week with Pedantic, it just flew by so I really hope it’s a similar experience listening to it.

Listening to it right now, love the wee bit about you following the team out on to the pitch.

matty_f
01-08-2019, 09:52 PM
Listening to it right now, love the wee bit about you following the team out on to the pitch.

Genuinely wish I’d went all the way out :faf:

Lmc2105
01-08-2019, 09:54 PM

Still the old dull done as always Stu! Hope you are well mate :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2019, 09:42 AM
Just listened - enjoyed it again. Good presenting style and having an additional body on definitely helps.

Hope this goes on for a while.

matty_f
02-08-2019, 11:46 AM
Just listened - enjoyed it again. Good presenting style and having an additional body on definitely helps.

Hope this goes on for a while.

Cheers mate. So long as we can get the listeners we’ll make them. They’re really enjoyable to make and it’s great talking to other folk who love Hibs.

Power
02-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Enjoying these. Happy to chip in sometime ✅

matty_f
02-08-2019, 11:58 AM

I'll drop you a PM chief :aok:

hibsbollah
02-08-2019, 12:48 PM
After listening to the Totally Scottish Football Show podcast I can confirm your pod is a damn sight less annoying. I actually cant listen to that JJ Bull anymore. And Laura Brannan cant seem to talk about anything without moaning in that moany arsed voice saying the same thing again and again.

matty_f
02-08-2019, 12:52 PM
After listening to the Totally Scottish Football Show podcast I can confirm your pod is a damn sight less annoying. I actually cant listen to that JJ Bull anymore. And Laura Brannan cant seem to talk about anything without moaning in that moany arsed voice saying the same thing again and again.

I haven't given that one a try yet. I used to listen to The Terrace podcast but they always annoyed me as well - weirdly, their TV show works much better.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-08-2019, 02:04 PM

Do you like Roysters T-Bone Steak crisps?

BILLYHIBS
02-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Brilliant!

Best one yet

Well done Matty

matty_f
02-08-2019, 02:36 PM
Brilliant!

Best one yet

Well done Matty

Thanks very much Billy, very much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Dobosz83
02-08-2019, 09:02 PM
Class stuff Matty. Enjoyed listening to the podcast tonight whilst the new season is upon us! Roll on tomorrow and hopefully another episode next week basking in a fabulous ER performance tomorrow! GGTTH.

matty_f
02-08-2019, 09:03 PM
Class stuff Matty. Enjoyed listening to the podcast tonight whilst the new season is upon us! Roll on tomorrow and hopefully another episode next week basking in a fabulous ER performance tomorrow! GGTTH.

Cheers mate, yeah hopefully we’re discussing a great start to the season next week!

Dobosz83
02-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Cheers mate, tread hopefully we’re discussing a great start to the season next week!

We will be! Positivity is half the battle and we need it from the stands from the first whistle tomorrow...

matty_f
02-08-2019, 10:01 PM
We will be! Positivity is half the battle and we need it from the stands from the first whistle tomorrow...

Definitely. Think we’ll have a big crowd behind us tomorrow.

Power
02-08-2019, 10:03 PM
Do you like Roysters T-Bone Steak crisps?

Crisps full stop. Might butter some rolls.