PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Murray's Goal on Tuesday

shamo9
25-07-2019, 04:26 PM
The photo instantly reminded me of one of my favourite Hibs goals from one of my favourite players. Happy memories :flag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCH2_AyIZWI

BILLYHIBS
25-07-2019, 05:01 PM
What a HIBS team that day

The Hearts team wisnae bad but they couldnae afford their players we could just afford ours and still managed to turn them over

What an atmosphere makes you long for the season to start

CloudSquall
25-07-2019, 06:10 PM
Haha great spot!!

That derby was one of the best games at ER for me, atmosphere was electric and the goal celebrations were up there with the goals vs AEK.

Absolute pandamonium when O'Connor lashed in the 2nd.

Jones28
25-07-2019, 06:11 PM
Great game, my first derby win in the flesh since the 6-2 game.

SideBurns
25-07-2019, 06:15 PM
The 'Unbeatables' Derby. Magic day.

Since452
25-07-2019, 06:16 PM
Absolutely battered the invincibles that day. Another season they won the league in September

Billy Whizz
25-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Absolutely battered the invincibles that day. Another season they won the league in September

When was the other time😜

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2019, 08:43 PM
What it reminded me of was something about Fraser Murray's game that impressed me the first few times I saw him play and that was his willingness to make a run from deep into the box.

04Sauzee
25-07-2019, 08:49 PM
What it reminded me of was something about Fraser Murray's game that impressed me the first few times I saw him play and that was his willingness to make a run from deep into the box.
Can't think of a player that makes these runs from midfield into the box since Pat McGinlay

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2019, 08:51 PM
Can't think of a player that makes these runs from midfield into the box since Pat McGinlay

It was one goal, though. Liam Craig, John McGinn, Mallan, Slivka, Scott Allan have all scored 1/2 goals like that as well.

Its run, not runs

Stevie Reid
25-07-2019, 08:56 PM
It was one goal, though. Liam Craig, John McGinn, Mallan, Slivka, Scott Allan have all scored 1/2 goals like that as well.

Its run, not runs

He was definitely making runs beyond the strikers when he was scoring in the league cup group stages two years ago as well.

flash
25-07-2019, 08:56 PM

Its run, not runs
Jeez you are relentless.

BILLYHIBS
25-07-2019, 08:58 PM
Goals McGinley was doing it consistently from midfield 79 goals from 374 appearances plus factor in all the runs he made that were unsuccessful :greengrin

Pretty Boy
25-07-2019, 09:01 PM
The 'Unbeatables' Derby. Magic day.

One of the best derbies I have witnessed. Two very, very good teams and we were the better side on that day. Iirc they won both derbies at Tynecastle that season, we won both at ER and they beat us at Hampden. I always wonder how that one would have played out if we had anything like a full sqaud to choose from. Riordan suspended, O'connor sold and Brown and Killen injured.

Stevie Reid
25-07-2019, 09:01 PM
Goals McGinley was doing it consistently from midfield 79 goals from 374 appearances plus factor in all the runs he made that were unsuccessful :greengrin

Fraser Murray has 4 goals in 6 starts for Hibs.

04Sauzee
25-07-2019, 09:02 PM

Its run, not runs

I wasn't talking about goals Im saying he makes these runs into the box that aren't picked up. He's very good at it. Don't even think it's sonethi7rhat can be taught

And I'm not giving a flying if it's run, runs or anything else

MagicSwirlingShip
25-07-2019, 09:02 PM

What impressed me was his change of pace. He powered right into the box. Looking stronger and sharper

Stevie Reid
25-07-2019, 09:07 PM
One of the best derbies I have witnessed. Two very, very good teams and we were the better side on that day. Iirc they won both derbies at Tynecastle that season, we won both at ER and they beat us at Hampden. I always wonder how that one would have played out if we had anything like a full sqaud to choose from. Riordan suspended, O'connor sold and Brown and Killen injured.

Mikey Stewart injured too. Riordan was hardly ever injured or suspended, so unbelievable that he got two bookings in three Scottish Cup matches.

SideBurns
25-07-2019, 09:09 PM

Aye, the semi final felt like a bit of a lost cause before we took the field. The two derbies at ER showed we were more than a match for them at full strength. They were a good side too as you say (albeit, it was the start of the Romanov financial madness).

BILLYHIBS
25-07-2019, 09:10 PM

Still got a wee bit to go

Don’t get me wrong I hope he surpasses it

My point was that Pat McGinley did it regularly over a long period of time and even got himself a big money move to Celtic

He came back home as Celtics top scorer :greengrin

Stevie Reid
25-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Still got a wee bit to go

Don’t get me wrong I hope he surpasses it

My point was that Pat McGinley did it regularly over a long period of time and even got himself a big money move to Celtic

He came back home as Celtics top scorer :greengrin

He sure has, but his ratios at the moment are very good.

BILLYHIBS
25-07-2019, 09:12 PM
He sure has, but his ratios at the moment are very good.
:agree:

MagicSwirlingShip
25-07-2019, 09:14 PM

Was it the year before that we beat them at Tynecastle on a Wednesday night? Dean Shiels winner set off wild celebrations !

Stevie Reid
25-07-2019, 09:18 PM
Was it the year before that we beat them at Tynecastle on a Wednesday night? Dean Shiels winner set off wild celebrations !

Sure was, a few days after we lost the SC semi final to Dundee Utd. I was at Tynie that night, far from a vintage performance (and lost a shocker of a goal to one of Simon Brown’s many howlers) but a great win.

hibbysam
25-07-2019, 09:19 PM

Yes, the year we qualified for Europe.

jane_says
25-07-2019, 09:27 PM
Haha great spot!!

That derby was one of the best games at ER for me, atmosphere was electric and the goal celebrations were up there with the goals vs AEK.

Absolute pandamonium when O'Connor lashed in the 2nd.

Can remember the place going nuts after the 1st and in the next 3 minutes I'm sure we had 2 or 3 chances to score and ER seemed to be charging up. O'Connor absolutely smashed that half volley home and the place just exploded.

1van Sprou7e
25-07-2019, 09:36 PM

Never understood this stat. Surely this goal doesn't count towards that total since he came on a sub

MagicSwirlingShip
25-07-2019, 09:40 PM
Sure was, a few days after we lost the SC semi final to Dundee Utd. I was at Tynie that night, far from a vintage performance (and lost a shocker of a goal to one of Simon Brown’s many howlers) but a great win.

I remember the match well. Wee Antonio Murray had a great game, done really well up against Hartley.

The Mali Magician rising for the header then Deano stabbing it in will live with me forever, we were right by the corner flag in the front row where the players slid and celebrated.

Stevie Reid
25-07-2019, 09:41 PM
Never understood this stat. Surely this goal doesn't count towards that total since he came on a sub

Fair enough. 3 goals in 6 starts then.

Stevie Reid
25-07-2019, 09:43 PM
I remember the match well. Wee Antonio Murray had a great game, done really well up against Hartley.

The Mali Magician rising for the header then Deano stabbing it in will live with me forever, we were right by the corner flag in the front row where the players slid and celebrated.

Indeed, Murray seemed like he had a big future at that point.

I think the whole stand was about to chastise Konte for not scoring when Deano hammered that in.

Gave us that iconic photo of the boy band celebrating too.

BILLYHIBS
25-07-2019, 09:54 PM
Fraser Murray 6 appearances add 13 as a sub 4 goals

Goals McGinley 347 appearances add 27 as a sub 79 goals

Source: fitbastats

:greengrin

Edit: Both running at 21%

lord bunberry
25-07-2019, 09:55 PM
I attended a good few development games a couple of seasons ago and of all the players I saw Fraser Murray looked the real deal. He’s been a bit unlucky with injuries, but I’ve never wavered in my belief that he’ll go on to be a top player before leaving for big money. He reads the game well and can pick a pass. This will be the season he makes the breakthrough.

Stevie Reid
25-07-2019, 09:57 PM
I attended a good few development games a couple of seasons ago and of all the players I saw Fraser Murray looked the real deal. He’s been a bit unlucky with injuries, but I’ve never wavered in my belief that he’ll go on to be a top player before leaving for big money. He reads the game well and can pick a pass. This will be the season he makes the breakthrough.

I’ve always liked the look of him in the games that I’ve seen. Sure he would’ve broken through sooner if it wasn’t for his injuries. Had a really promising league cup group stage back in 2017.

Tyler Durden
25-07-2019, 10:01 PM
Mikey Stewart injured too. Riordan was hardly ever injured or suspended, so unbelievable that he got two bookings in three Scottish Cup matches.

Think there were some serious doubts as to the veracity of his “injury” at the time. Bottled it basically.

A game I’d rather forget but also recall that Mowbray picked a really strange line up. Caldwell right back with Whittaker in front of him. Benji making his debut up front with Sproule. Fletcher on the wing.

Even with all the missing players we could’ve fielded a much more robust team but it wasn’t in Mowbrays make up to make it scrappy and maybe go 5–3-2. I think we’d have likely lost either way but not in such embarrassing fashion.

Stevie Reid
25-07-2019, 10:05 PM
Think there were some serious doubts as to the veracity of his “injury” at the time. Bottled it basically.

A game I’d rather forget but also recall that Mowbray picked a really strange line up. Caldwell right back with Whittaker in front of him. Benji making his debut up front with Sproule. Fletcher on the wing.

Even with all the missing players we could’ve fielded a much more robust team but it wasn’t in Mowbrays make up to make it scrappy and maybe go 5–3-2. I think we’d have likely lost either way but not in such embarrassing fashion.

Not a game I try to bring to mind that often but my memory of it was that 4-0 was harsh. Zibby responsible for at least two, maybe three of them.

Did feel like we were beaten before the game began though. Atmosphere was totally flat from our point of view.

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2019, 10:08 PM
Jeez you are relentless.
Okay?

He was definitely making runs beyond the strikers when he was scoring in the league cup group stages two years ago as well.
Yeah, I agree, I hope he can keep it up but Pat was a 10/15 goal a season guy for years, I'm not sure Murray is quite the same player.

I wasn't talking about goals Im saying he makes these runs into the box that aren't picked up. He's very good at it. Don't even think it's sonethi7rhat can be taught

And I'm not giving a flying if it's run, runs or anything else

Running into the box is definitely something that can be taught, consistently getting on the end of moves in to box maybe not. He's yet to do that. Hopefully he can.

Hiber-nation
25-07-2019, 10:18 PM
The photo instantly reminded me of one of my favourite Hibs goals from one of my favourite players. Happy memories :flag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCH2_AyIZWI

Ah, the only video I've ever put on YouTube and still as popular as ever 👍

04Sauzee
25-07-2019, 10:29 PM
Stats for McGinlay, hope they are accurate

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=6327

jacomo
25-07-2019, 10:31 PM

Its run, not runs

Boozy was a great player, it was his knee injury that stopped his goal scoring. And he turned into a fine deeper midfielder.

Criswell
25-07-2019, 10:57 PM
That Derby when we burst the "Unbeatables" bubble is one of my alltime favourite games. Incidentally, youtube have an extended highlights programme of the game. Archie McPherson commentating and Easter Road looking fantastic. Check it out!

MagicSwirlingShip
26-07-2019, 12:18 AM
Boozy was a great player, it was his knee injury that stopped his goal scoring. And he turned into a fine deeper midfielder.

Very classy operator.

He had this signature move of holding the opposition player off, dinking it with the outside of his foot a few times round the corner then pinging a 40 yarder to either Murphy or Whittaker. Was a joy to watch.

BILLYHIBS
26-07-2019, 06:50 AM
Met Boozy at a Corporate event at Easter Road

He is an absolute HIBS nut

Loves our club, great guy and a brilliant player