PDA

View Full Version : Floodlights

NAE NOOKIE
24-07-2019, 11:35 AM
Was it just me, or did Hibs take far too long to turn on the floodlights last night? Some of us don't have the 20/20 vision of youth and I for one am not a fan of watching 15 minutes of the game in semi darkness.

JimBHibees
24-07-2019, 11:36 AM
Did they actually turn them on? Same as you was struggling a bit with the dim light from the top of west stand.

Carheenlea
24-07-2019, 11:36 AM
Was it just me, or did Hibs take far too long to turn on the floodlights last night? Some of us don't have the 20/20 vision of youth and I for one am not a fan of watching 15 minutes of the game in semi darkness.

We did seem to leave it a bit late, and my 49 year old eyes were finding it a bit gloomy for a lot of the second half.

matty_f
24-07-2019, 11:40 AM
I mentioned that they could do with putting them on about ten minutes before they came on. :agree:

Oscar T Grouch
24-07-2019, 11:41 AM
Had this discussion with my mates at the game, the lights came on with 20 minutes to go (which was about 20 minutes to sunset), probably should have been on at half time. Maybe someone forgot to flick the switch :greengrin

1van Sprou7e
24-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Had this discussion with my mates at the game, the lights came on with 20 minutes to go (which was about 20 minutes to sunset), probably should have been on at half time. Maybe someone forgot to flick the switch :greengrin

Haha wouldn't surprised me, I usually find they put them on way too early

BILLYHIBS
24-07-2019, 11:47 AM
Said the same to those sitting beside me

Cutting back on the Lecky Bills, Turnstiles ( seemed to be less Stewards with hand held gizmos) less ballboys, no happy hibee ticket the place seemed to be half closed

Still waiting on Katy Perry to kick off a match for us pop corn hot dogs
and majorettes 😁

MartinfaePorty
24-07-2019, 12:08 PM
Said the same to those sitting beside me

Cutting back on the Lecky Bills, Turnstiles ( seemed to be less Stewards with hand held gizmos) less ballboys, no happy hibee ticket the place seemed to be half closed

Still waiting on Katy Perry to kick off a match for us pop corn hot dogs
and majorettes [emoji16]And don't get me started on that TV in the East concourse that's never turned on!!!

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
24-07-2019, 12:11 PM
I never noticed, not sure if that means I need glasses or not :greengrin

Ringothedog
24-07-2019, 12:20 PM
I did notice it was getting dark, it was only when I got back to the car that I had my sunglasses on and not my normal specs

JimBHibees
24-07-2019, 12:22 PM
I did notice it was getting dark, it was only when I got back to the car that I had my sunglasses on and not my normal specs

:faf: :not worth

Peevemor
24-07-2019, 12:34 PM

On Sunday I got home after a 4 hour drive (somebody else driving) and was trying to convince Madame Peeve that I really hadn't had that much to drink, when she asked me why I was still wearing my sunglasses at midnight. :Ummm:

Ringothedog
24-07-2019, 12:38 PM
On Sunday I got home after a 4 hour drive (somebody else driving) and was trying to convince Madame Peeve that I really hadn't had that much to drink, when she asked me why I was still wearing my sunglasses at midnight. :Ummm:

That’s the sort of thing I would do 😂

Lago
24-07-2019, 01:57 PM
Brilliant 👋

Saturday Boy
24-07-2019, 02:17 PM

You’re not alone in this.

When Hibs Development team played at Ainslie Park, I remember commenting on the fact that it was getting dark and that they should put the floodlights on.

Only for all my pals to shout out “You’re wearing sunglasses “

Oh how they laughed 😳