PDA

View Full Version : No programmes last night

BILLYHIBS
24-07-2019, 07:57 AM
No programmes last night

Hibs twitter posted last night that there were no programmes on sale at last nights game as the van carrying the programmes had been involved in a road traffic accident and they were unable to make alternative arrangements to get the programmes to the ground at short notice

I hope everyone involved in this incident is OK and it did not involve any serious injury

I look forward to the next edition of The Hibee at next Tuesdays game versus Newcastle United

Carheenlea
24-07-2019, 08:22 AM
Fingers crossed that nobody was seriously injured. I don’t buy programmes so hadn’t noticed their absence last night, but I’m sure the programmes will be available to buy from club shop in due course for the collectors.
I wonder how many programmes are sold now compared to the past, and how many they print for match days? For last night a run of 1000 might have been enough to meet demand.

GloryGlory
24-07-2019, 08:24 AM
No programmes last night

Hibs twitter posted last night that there were no programmes on sale at last nights game as the van carrying the programmes had been involved in a road traffic accident and they were unable to make alternative arrangements to get the programmes to the ground at short notice

I hope everyone involved in this incident is OK and it did not involve any serious injury

I look forward to the next edition of The Hibee at next Tuesdays game versus Newcastle United

Hope no-one was hurt in the accident.

Would they maybe put copies for sale in the club shop, for those who collect these things?

Could be quite a rarity in years to come. :greengrin

hibbydad
24-07-2019, 09:55 AM
No happy hibbies either

BILLYHIBS
24-07-2019, 10:01 AM
No happy hibbies either
Scoreboard back working though :greengrin

Brooster
24-07-2019, 12:44 PM
Fingers crossed that nobody was seriously injured. I don’t buy programmes so hadn’t noticed their absence last night, but I’m sure the programmes will be available to buy from club shop in due course for the collectors.
I wonder how many programmes are sold now compared to the past, and how many they print for match days? For last night a run of 1000 might have been enough to meet demand.

Hibs were running 900 programmes per game the season before last.

stuart-farquhar
24-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Scoreboard back working though :greengrin

Speaking of the scoreboard. I would like to see a modern one. And at both ends too.

I see the track alongside the East still looks shabby too. Can't it just be painted. Or dug up. Or replaced.

hibbydad
24-07-2019, 02:28 PM
Programmes are now on sale in the club store

Carheenlea
24-07-2019, 08:09 PM

Didn’t realise as few as that number were being printed.

Iggy Pope
24-07-2019, 08:19 PM
Widely and readily available everyone. Don’t pay over the odds.

southsider
24-07-2019, 08:23 PM
I bought programmes for about 25 years until about 1990. Started again last season as I send them to a neighbor of my brother-in-law who is in a wheelchair. The lad is Hibs daft.

JohnStephens91
24-07-2019, 08:31 PM

Not sure who gave you that number, but a lot more than that are printed and that number is incorrect. I'll not say how many are as it gives away potential sales data which is sensitive.

hibby6270
24-07-2019, 08:56 PM
For those who can’t make it to the club shop easily, still available direct from the programme publisher -

http://www.curtis-sport.com.

Cost £2-75 including postage.

BILLYHIBS
25-07-2019, 06:13 AM
Noticed only £1 for anyone passing the shop( HIBS v Arbroath)

Not bad for a collectors item or to kick start this seasons collection

The Alloa programme was only £2

Keith_M
25-07-2019, 08:23 AM
Not exactly on topic but, I bought one at Forthbank and it was actually a programme for two games, Hibs and Arbroath (I think)

Radium
25-07-2019, 11:04 AM
Not exactly on topic but, I bought one at Forthbank and it was actually a programme for two games, Hibs and Arbroath (I think)

The one at Arbroath was 3 games. Hearts, Hibs & Celtic XI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooster
25-07-2019, 11:13 AM
Not sure who gave you that number, but a lot more than that are printed and that number is incorrect. I'll not say how many are as it gives away potential sales data which is sensitive.

Unless you can say otherwise I'll stick with the 900 number I got from a club official.

Tom Hart RIP
25-07-2019, 11:41 AM
Unless you can say otherwise I'll stick with the 900 number I got from a club official.

John is the editor of the programme

Brooster
25-07-2019, 12:09 PM

That's cool. It's just what I heard but John will know better.

Iggy Pope
25-07-2019, 07:42 PM

:cb

BILLYHIBS
26-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Went into the Club Shop today hoping to pick up a programme from the Arbroath game the guy behind the counter informed me that the club have taken them all back and he thinks that they are possibly going to do something with them on Tuesday for the Newcastle game?

Fanforlife
26-07-2019, 09:25 PM
Got one today on stadium tour today, well grandson did. Free gratis as well 😁