PDA

View Full Version : Just how bad is Bboby Madden

maturehibby
23-07-2019, 11:04 PM
Terrible throughout booking players for trivialities and letting more blatant fouls go unpunished .
If this is the calibre that is the norm heaven help us .
I never saw the penalty sitting in the lower West behind Dick Campbell (maybe he got in the way )
And neither did anyone sitting beside us and were applauding Flows attempted overhead attempt
Thomson ex Jambo got Newell booked by falling down
All in all a pretty poor show
But no doubt there will be somebody on who thought Madden was fair all night and g it the major decisions right (if only)

matty_f
23-07-2019, 11:05 PM
Terrible throughout booking players for trivialities and letting more blatant fouls go unpunished .
I never saw the penalty sitting in the lower West behind Dick Campbell (maybe he got in the way )
And neither did anyone sitting beside us and were applauding Flows attempted overhead attempt
But no doubt there will be somebody on who thought Madden was fair all night and g it the major decisions right (if only)

I thought he played advantage well twice in the game and that was about as good as it got for him.

JackHibs
23-07-2019, 11:08 PM
hes a muppet

But interestingly he gave us a pen and a free kick for a late challenge after a cross which is so often missed by refs, so fair play for that

Sir David Gray
23-07-2019, 11:09 PM
I always considered him amongst the best of a (very) bad bunch but he was abysmal tonight.

HoboHarry
24-07-2019, 12:14 AM
He's bad no doubt. Even more bad than your spelling. :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
24-07-2019, 12:32 AM
Rotten as always.

hibbyfraelibby
24-07-2019, 07:34 AM

Actually I did think he had a decent game.

On the bookings perhaps Mallan's was borderline although technically a yellow. Newell's from where he was propably looked a booking but sitting in the West stand it would have looked like simulation.

He played advantage well especially with the penalty where he allowed Flo to try the overhead after Boyler was fouled

7/10

Alan62
24-07-2019, 07:41 AM
Actually I did think he had a decent game.

On the bookings perhaps Mallan's was borderline although technically a yellow. Newell's from where he was propably looked a booking but sitting in the West stand it would have looked like simulation.

He played advantage well especially with the penalty where he allowed Flo to try the overhead after Boyler was fouled

7/10

Newell was booked for dissent.

Since452
24-07-2019, 07:42 AM
Now that we're back to being brilliant we can start destroying refs again. We need something to moan about 😂

calumhibee1
24-07-2019, 07:42 AM
He’s pish. Although it went in our favour so I’m not complaining about it, the penalty was a joke.

hibbyfraelibby
24-07-2019, 08:19 AM
No Newell was booked for the foul and then mouthed off at the ref who looked ready to book him again.

Diclonius
24-07-2019, 08:22 AM
Maddening.

Carheenlea
24-07-2019, 08:30 AM

No Newell was booked for the foul and then mouthed off at the ref who looked ready to book him again.

I couldn’t believe the booking was for the “foul” where the Arbroath player fell over (then smirked as he walked away knowing he’d fooled the ref) and assumed the card was for Newell’s verbals to Madden.
Not easy when players are trying to con the officials and win free kicks, but the good referees will have a better eye for such practice.

Alan62
24-07-2019, 09:17 AM

Watched it again this morning on Hibs TV. It's a nothing foul and the booking is clearly for dissent.

maturehibby
24-07-2019, 09:21 AM
Comparison of Madden as a referee to Boris as a Prime minister
Both brainless and useless tho Boris will damage lot more of us in the long run

maturehibby
24-07-2019, 09:24 AM
That better now
Oh for a up to date education

hibee316
24-07-2019, 09:47 AM

"Even more bad"

And worse than your grammar!

:)

overdrive
24-07-2019, 11:40 AM

No it was definitely for dissent. It was right in front of me. Madden wasn’t going to do anything until Newall threw his arms in stage and started mouthing off.

wookie70
24-07-2019, 11:42 AM
I thought he played advantage well twice in the game and that was about as good as it got for him.

I was the same. He played advantage as well as I have seen any referee in recent years and was appalling apart from that. How we got 3 players booked is a mystery

Carheenlea
24-07-2019, 11:49 AM
Still not really sure why or when our penalty was awarded. Not really that clear on the video how bad the challenge was in Boyle, but Flo got a free hit with his overhead kick. Or was the penalty awarded before Flo’s effort?

JimBHibees
24-07-2019, 12:05 PM
Watched it again this morning on Hibs TV. It's a nothing foul and the booking is clearly for dissent.

Definitely for dissent. Bizarre as was the Mallan booking and the ignoring of the centre back flying through the back of Flo just after it. Think he was trying to wind us up.

HoboHarry
24-07-2019, 12:12 PM
"Even more bad"

And worse than your grammar!

:)
Ssssshhhhhhh, I know...... that's what the smiley face was for.....:greengrin