PDA

View Full Version : This is how it feels (Arbroath 23 07 19)

Jonnyboy
23-07-2019, 10:17 PM
It was a lovely, warm summer evening at Easter Road but even the good weather couldn’t entice many fans to attend as there looked to be even fewer inside than were there last Saturday. That’s a shame because those who did attend witnessed a controlled and patient display from Hibs with three goals scored for their efforts. Once again Hecky shuffled the pack with Newell returning and Vela making his debut.

I’ll be honest and say I expected more of a challenge from the visitors as they’ve started the season in fine form and have scored goals galore but once they went behind, inside three minutes, they never looked like causing Hibs any problems. The move started with a fine long throw out by Maxwell to Scotty Allan on the Hibs left. Taking control of the ball, he looked up, spotted Flo on the move and delivered a wonderfully weighted reverse pass into the 18 yard box. Flo took it in his stride and drew the keeper towards him before sliding the ball home from a tight angle. It was the very type of goal that we all hope will become a regular occurrence with the striker making the run and Allan or Mallan providing the opportunity for a pop at goal.

It was noticeable from very early on that Vela was sitting in front of the defence and that allowed both Mallan and Allan more freedom to express themselves further forward. That freedom was made good use of on numerous occasions as the two midfielders sprayed passes left, right and diagonally and interestingly, others joined in with all four defenders trying their luck to good effect with the diagonal ball. It didn’t always come off but it did on a good number of occasions.

In last Saturday’s game against Alloa, Hibs were very guilty, especially in the first half, of playing the ball endlessly across the back and although they did it again in this match it was nowhere near as often. Instead, the forward pass was much more in evidence but the outcome in the final third didn’t always match up to the approach play.

Chris Maxwell was a vocal and untroubled keeper for most of the game although he did have a shot to save early on when a free kick effort was firmly clutched to his chest. I know there is some debate as to whether Rocky or Maxwell is the better keeper but for me the latter certainly wins the vote for distribution. Both Boyle and Mallan tested Jamieson in the Arbroath goal whilst Jackson’s towering header from a corner kick just cleared the bar.

With half time fast approaching, Boyler made a penetrating run into the box and just as he delivered his cross, which Kamberi acrobatically scissor kicked over the bar, he was clearly fouled and referee Madden pointed to the spot. Scott Allan seems to have been given the task of penalty taker and he stroked this one home, sending keeper Jamieson the wrong way.

To be fair to the visitors they had a bit of a go in the second half without really causing any great worry to Maxwell and his fellow defenders whilst Jamieson was far busier at the other end in dealing with efforts from Mallan twice and another Jackson header. Around the hour mark, Hecky decided to replace a tiring Vela with Fraser Murray. The new boy had been steady and always happy to take and make a pass.

Former Hibee David Gold had a promising effort blocked by the diving Tom James before Hibs raced down to the other end and put Jamieson under pressure again. Joe Newell then gave way to Oli Shaw and the young striker thought he’d bagged a much needed goal but was flagged as offside by the East Stand linesman. Horgan had replaced Boyle and he put a few decent crosses into the danger area and when one was only partially cleared, Mallan fired in a shot which Jamieson did well to parry away.

Inside the final five minutes Fraser Murray picked up a loose ball in midfield and passed it to Horgan wide right. The little No. 7 made for the byeline, fired in a knee high cross and Murray who had continued his run, was there to bundle the ball past Jamieson.

It was a comfortable 3-0 win and puts Hibs at the top of the group but a win at Borough Briggs is needed to ensure they stay there as Arbroath are only two points behind and finish the group at home to Alloa.

The players

Chris – Very little to do but can kinda claim a partial assist for the opening goal thanks to his fine long throw out to Scott Allan.

Tom – The lad looked so much more comfortable tonight on his ‘better’ side and I thought he both defended well and got down the line to support attacks.

Adam – If he lost a headed challenge tonight I must have missed it. Got the sponsors man of the match and can add mine to it.

Paul – Steady throughout and rarely troubled whilst a few of his now trademark diagonal passes hit the target.

Sean – I felt Sean produced the kind of form tonight that will keep him in Hecky’s thoughts.

Boyler – More minutes under his belt will do him the world of good. His surge into the box to win the penalty was good to see.

Josh – I thought he was very competent, never looked hurried and always made himself available for a pass. Given his lack of football recently I felt he was on it from the start which is encouraging.

Scotty – His pass for the opener was top quality and though I don’t think he is yet up to full speed there were more than enough glimpses of his form coming to the fore.

Stevie – Given more freedom due to the presence of Vela, I thought he had a decent game and given the often used assertion that he isn’t physical enough it was ironic that he was the first player booked for a crunching challenge.

Joe – He’s been getting it in the neck on the MB but I thought he was more than OK tonight. His use of the ball is good and he made a number of good runs which were not picked out by our central midfielders.

Flo – This was more like the Flo of old and indeed some parts of his game looked to have been given an upgrade! His clever run for the opening goal bodes well because if he keeps making them we have the players to provide him with the ball. The upgrades came in the shape of his so called laziness disappearing for the most part and more crucially his willingness to link up better with his midfield.

Hecky – Must have been pleased.

The fans – Poor turnout but those that did attend will have enjoyed the win I’m sure.

The ref – I’ve often said Madden is the best of a bad bunch but he tested that view a few times tonight.

Sir David Gray
23-07-2019, 10:25 PM
Correction on the maths!

If we draw on Friday and get the bonus point by winning a penalty shootout then we'll top the group with 10 points (Arbroath can only get 9 points), we don't need to win.

Yours

A Pedant

:greengrin

BILLYHIBS
23-07-2019, 10:29 PM
Brilliant as usual jonnyboy

Jonnyboy
23-07-2019, 10:30 PM
Correction on the maths!

If we draw on Friday and get the bonus point by winning a penalty shootout then we'll top the group with 10 points (Arbroath can only get 9 points), we don't need to win.

Yours

A Pedant

Thank you, Mr. Pedant :greengrin

I never was good at Maffs :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
23-07-2019, 10:32 PM
Spot on report as usual JB
Thought we played more like the high pressing game that PB wants. Loads of possession, and with a bit more ruthless finishing and final ball, would have been 6 or 7

Was delighted with Vela’s 1st game, always looking for the ball, take it off the centre backs.

Does PB know his strongest team yet? Must be getting close to it

JimBHibees
23-07-2019, 10:34 PM
Good report how bad was Madden absolutely brutal. Usually doesn't throw cards about but was determined to book as many as possible.

Vela looked quality.

Tug Wilson
23-07-2019, 10:35 PM
Correction on the maths!

Yours

A Pedant

Would your nerves survive the penalty shoot out in those circumstances? Mine wouldn't.

Let's win the game. Top the group. See what others do and if we are seeded.

SingaporeHibs
23-07-2019, 11:13 PM
Play like that on Friday night and we’ll win without difficulty. Was pleased with tonight.
Vela looks like a good find for sitting in front on the back 4, always looking for the ball and keeps it moving.
AJ was certainly worth MoTM. Very vocal, could hear him screaming at all the players around him, dragging them into shape. Comes across as a leader. Will be helpful to PH.
Newell was the weakest of the newbies tonight. Didn’t do anything much wrong but didn’t really get into it either. There was loads of space for him to Attack down the left but didn’t look like he had the drive or confidence to Attack it. At best a squad player on that display. If I compare him to Horgan when he came on, well there is no comparison. Horgan is a Long way ahead of him.
Maxwell didn’t have much to do but what he did was done with urgency.

Really enjoyed it for a what I thought of as a pre-season friendly.

Sir David Gray
23-07-2019, 11:23 PM
Play like that on Friday night and we’ll win without difficulty. Was pleased with tonight.
Vela looks like a good find for sitting in front on the back 4, always looking for the ball and keeps it moving.
AJ was certainly worth MoTM. Very vocal, could hear him screaming at all the players around him, dragging them into shape. Comes across as a leader. Will be helpful to PH.
Newell was the weakest of the newbies tonight. Didn’t do anything much wrong but didn’t really get into it either. There was loads of space for him to Attack down the left but didn’t look like he had the drive or confidence to Attack it. At best a squad player on that display. If I compare him to Horgan when he came on, well there is no comparison. Horgan is a Long way ahead of him.
Maxwell didn’t have much to do but what he did was done with urgency.

Really enjoyed it for a what I thought of as a pre-season friendly.

I'm concerned about Newell as well. I haven't been impressed by him at all so far.

ehf
23-07-2019, 11:26 PM
Spot on report as usual JB
Thought we played more like the high pressing game that PB wants. Loads of possession, and with a bit more ruthless finishing and final ball, would have been 6 or 7

Was delighted with Vela’s 1st game, always looking for the ball, take it off the centre backs.

Does PB know his strongest team yet? Must be getting close to it

Much, much better than Saturday and with a little more sharpness/composure/luck it could easily have been 6 or more.

We played some lovely football and it was a joy to watch at times. Solid pass marks for every player but I would have given MoTM to Scottie and thought young Fraser was superb when he came on.

oldbutdim
23-07-2019, 11:40 PM
Thank you, Mr. Pedant :greengrin

I never was good at Maffs :thumbsup:

Or spelling obviously.

Although to be fair, I don't think you used 'obviously' in your post.

Good report how bad was Madden absolutely brutal. Usually doesn't throw cards about but was determined to book as many as possible.

Vela looked quality.

I use to think Madden was quite good. I've changed my view, and tonight justified that decision.

I'm concerned about Newell as well. I haven't been impressed by him at all so far.

He was much much better tonight.
If he keeps improving at the same rate then we have a twenty million pound player on our hands shortly.

AZhibee
24-07-2019, 12:47 AM
Thanks Jonnyboy, always look forward to reading your post.

lyonhibs
24-07-2019, 05:56 AM
"Taking control of the ball, he looked up, spotted Flo on the move and delivered a wonderfully weighted reverse pass into the 18 yard box. Flo took it in his stride and drew the keeper towards him before sliding the ball home from a tight angle"

This sentence gives me warm and fuzzy feelings. Exactly what we were missing so much last season and a clear example of what Allan can do if we get him the ball in the right areas.

smithy_hibees
24-07-2019, 06:03 AM
£15 for a cup game that our manager and some on here class as just a pre season game probably doesn't help attendance wise, plus alot of families trying keep money aside to take there kids out daily as Its school holiday's.. running on Skelton staff at turnstiles which luckily less are attending as couldn't cope if was a decent walk up crowd..
On the playing side sounds like a great run out for the boys, looking forward to Friday now..

theonlywayisup
24-07-2019, 06:08 AM
I've no concerns at all regarding Newell.

Thought he had a good game, whilst never producing that stand out moment. However worked hard for the team and did a lot of good.

Some people need to stop finding someone to criticise. There was no-one who merited negative comments last night.

JimBHibees
24-07-2019, 06:39 AM

Thought he played well last night provided good balance on the left and kept the ball well.

GoalsMcGinley
24-07-2019, 07:15 AM
Joe Newell is the type of player who always looks like he could do something but never actually does it. Far to “safe” to be a stand out winger for me. If we’re going to play with 2 wide men it’s Boyle and Horgan every single time for me. Newell just doesn’t do enough. In my opinion he was the worst on the park last night. Few decent wee touches here and there but doesn’t look capable of beating a man. Hopefully I’m wrong but can see him being back down the road by this time next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
24-07-2019, 07:20 AM

He worked his back side off last night and made an excellent contribution

04Sauzee
24-07-2019, 07:30 AM

Wasn't there last night unfortunately, sounds like he had a good game, hope he hasn't been written off by some already.

Pretty sure he will have a positive impact this season

Hibernian Verse
24-07-2019, 07:32 AM
£15 for a cup game that our manager and some on here class as just a pre season game probably doesn't help attendance wise, plus alot of families trying keep money aside to take there kids out daily as Its school holiday's.. running on Skelton staff at turnstiles which luckily less are attending as couldn't cope if was a decent walk up crowd..
On the playing side sounds like a great run out for the boys, looking forward to Friday now..

£13 if you're a season ticket holder. Unsure how cheap you expect a competitive fixture to be?

smithy_hibees
24-07-2019, 07:38 AM
£13 if you're a season ticket holder. Unsure how cheap you expect a competitive fixture to be?

£10 and £5, Elgin away is £10 isnt this a competitive fixture? Oh and how much is the Newcastle game??

Oscar T Grouch
24-07-2019, 07:40 AM
£10 and £5, Elgin away is £10 isnt this a competitive fixture? Oh and how much is the Newcastle game??

Elgin away is £12, the Stirling game was £14.

smithy_hibees
24-07-2019, 07:48 AM

Feel free read the official club website regarding Elgin away you'll find Its £10.. and I accept your apologies

smithy_hibees
24-07-2019, 07:50 AM

Better screenshot..

ACLeith
24-07-2019, 07:54 AM
Looking at the highlights, not sure Ollie was offside for his goal. The defender beside him looks like he was playing him on, and the fullback who got skinned by Horgan was maybe doing the same. A shame, because he could have done with that goal.

Oscar T Grouch
24-07-2019, 08:11 AM
Better screenshot..

See the difference it seems between you and me is I bought a ticket for the game and it was £12, the ticket has £12/£7 printed on it. Who do you think it wrong, the website or has Hibs overcharged me and Elgin printed the tickets incorrectly? Why don't you buy one and see what you're charged for it?

calumhibee1
24-07-2019, 08:14 AM
Wasn't there last night unfortunately, sounds like he had a good game, hope he hasn't been written off by some already.

Pretty sure he will have a positive impact this season

He was definitely better last night although I would still have given him a 6/10. Was decent and that’s about it imo but I suppose that’s a big improvement on the previous games.

Boyle and Horgan would be my first choice wingers without question right now.

BILLYHIBS
24-07-2019, 08:23 AM
He was definitely better last night although I would still have given him a 6/10. Was decent and that’s about it imo but I suppose that’s a big improvement on the previous games.

Boyle and Horgan would be my first choice wingers without question right now.

:agree:

Seems to be better coming inside

A couple of times he would check his run through the channel but if he would start his run when Scott Allan gets the ball from an onside position anticipating the pass you can guarantee he would be through on goal every time

As a consequence because he had checked his run Scotty had to do a wee pirouette and look for other options

Squad player

smithy_hibees
24-07-2019, 08:33 AM
See the difference it seems between you and me is I bought a ticket for the game and it was £12, the ticket has £12/£7 printed on it. Who do you think it wrong, the website or has Hibs overcharged me and Elgin printed the tickets incorrectly? Why don't you buy one and see what you're charged for it?

Feel free to send a picture of your £12/7 prepaid ticket:) guessing the over charging is down to You, Hibs and Elgin, as clearly says £10 on the website as provided,
oh and will also be heading Elgin maybe use payatgate option though If thats ok with you??

The_Horde
24-07-2019, 08:35 AM

I think people are still expecting to see your stereotypical winger with him. He isn't one, he's a wide attacking midfielder. More David Beckham than Raheem Sterling.

Whether he's good or not remains to be seen but I don't think beating people with trickery and pace is his game so people shouldn't be judging him by those attributes.

Carheenlea
24-07-2019, 08:46 AM
Enjoyed last night a lot more than Stirling and Alloa, and the starting 11 looked a lot more solid than the previous two line ups. As far as our new players went, Allan impressed as we always knew he would, and Vela had an impressive debut and one that had me feeling very early on that he will be a key player for us. Jackson and James both look more than decent additions and Newell was improved on his outing at Stirling. Newell taking the longest to settle in but given where we are in the season it shows the importance of getting the targets in as early as possible to have everyone settled and comfortable in their new environment when the League campaign starts. Maxwell gets another 90 in and had little to do, but his willingness to take the ball almost in a sweepers role was interesting, and his distribution and kicking was good. Doidge didn’t feature last night, but again he looks a solid enough addition to the squad and I’m now feeling quite optimistic for the season ahead, and look forward to seeing how the team performs against opposition who don’t pack their whole team behind the ball. Even at 2-0 down Dick Campbell kept things very tight.

hibbyfraelibby
24-07-2019, 09:06 AM
Feel free to send a picture of your £12/7 prepaid ticket:) guessing the over charging is down to You, Hibs and Elgin, as clearly says £10 on the website as provided,
oh and will also be heading Elgin maybe use payatgate option though If thats ok with you??

There is no PATG

hibbyfraelibby
24-07-2019, 09:10 AM

Tickets are £12/£7 for a seat and £10/£5 standing

smithy_hibees
24-07-2019, 09:27 AM
Tickets are £12/£7 for a seat and £10/£5 standing

Thanks for the Info, plus didn't know was no PATG option which doesn't help as in Fife and no ideal trying get ER for tickets, any idea if print at home option or like most away games be actual tickets needed
Thanks

GreenCastle
24-07-2019, 09:51 AM
I think people are still expecting to see your stereotypical winger with him. He isn't one, he's a wide attacking midfielder. More David Beckham than Raheem Sterling.

Whether he's good or not remains to be seen but I don't think beating people with trickery and pace is his game so people shouldn't be judging him by those attributes.

Agreed.

Hibs.net experts expect Messi on left wing.

Newell did well last night and I keep saying he’s a different player to Horgan and Boyle / Barker.

He links up play well and plays with a relaxed style. I’ve seen enough to see he will add quality to the team / squad.

He will chip in with a few goals and assists and like others still finding his feet in new surroundings.

Oscar T Grouch
24-07-2019, 10:10 AM

There you go :cb

SideBurns
24-07-2019, 10:58 AM

I wonder if Newell's poor performance at Stirling was partly down to the fact that he had a natural right-back, Tom James, playing behind him who wasn't keen on overlapping? I wasn't there last night, but it sounds like he linked well with Mackie, and if he's a good footballer who prefers cutting in from the wing then that might create space for an attacking LB like Sean (or Lewis of course).

wookie70
24-07-2019, 11:31 AM
Good report. I had Flo as MOTM for his endless energy and very good first goal. Jackson made one big error which could have led to a goal swiping and missing an Arbroath corner. The third goal was a great goal and Murray picked the ball up after some lovely interplay and a nice pass.

JimBHibees
24-07-2019, 11:39 AM
Looking at the highlights, not sure Ollie was offside for his goal. The defender beside him looks like he was playing him on, and the fullback who got skinned by Horgan was maybe doing the same. A shame, because he could have done with that goal.

Didn't think he looked offside at the time. Not exactly in line but looked like he was level with the player marking him when ball played forward.

matty_f
24-07-2019, 11:45 AM
Good report as usual, JB.

I think the point about playing the ball across the back doesn't really reflect that there is a point to doing that. If you look at how Arbroath set up, they had virtually had everyone behind the ball when we had it. They stayed tight to players and kept their shape very well. When we moved the ball across the back it consistently went in to a player in the middle and then back, and while that was happening the players off the ball were effectively trying to commit an Arbroath player into an area that broke their shape, and when we did that we tended to exploit the space.

We saw a lot of cross-field passes out to the wings, and they tended to come after that passing about the back had pulled Arbroath over to one side (leaving space on the other).

We weren't just passing for the sake of keeping possession, it was to draw the opposition out.

matty_f
24-07-2019, 11:47 AM
Good report. I had Flo as MOTM for his endless energy and very good first goal. Jackson made one big error which could have led to a goal swiping and missing an Arbroath corner. The third goal was a great goal and Murray picked the ball up after some lovely interplay and a nice pass.

I thought Mallan was our best player. Having Vela beside him allowed Mallan to really dictate the play and loads of our moves went through him.

BILLYHIBS
24-07-2019, 11:53 AM
Jackson for me apart from as Wookie says his wild swipe at the Arbroath corner 😂
Calm and assured in possession looks to be a very good player and an excellent signing

worcesterhibby
24-07-2019, 12:13 PM
Other than "ElginGate" and the mystery of the £2:greengrin...plus the usual dig at Newell that some can't resist, this is a lovely positive thread. Good work Johnnyboy !

Brooster
24-07-2019, 12:57 PM
Great report as per normal Johnny. Newell looks decent and can deliver a telling ball, I think there's more to come from him. Mackie had a very good game and Horgan made an immediate impact when he came on. Boyle's decision making and execution were not great. Solid performance overall.

brog
25-07-2019, 10:35 AM

He wasn't even close to being off. As you say 2 playing him on. Resl shame as he showed proper predatory instincts on putting it awsy.

Billy Whizz
25-07-2019, 10:37 AM
He wasn't even close to being off. As you say 2 playing him on. Resl shame as he showed proper predatory instincts on putting it awsy.

Unfortunately just the sort of luck Oli’s getting just now
Sure he’ll be fine though

25-07-2019, 11:26 AM

I agree. He's a little bit in the air in the attached screenshot which makes him look like he's a little closer to the goal line but he still looks onside.

I thought the penalty for the push on Boyle was soft so it probably cancels out the disallowed goal that was onside however, as has been said, it's unlucky on Oli.

JimBHibees
25-07-2019, 04:03 PM
I agree. He's a little bit in the air in the attached screenshot which makes him look like he's a little closer to the goal line but he still looks onside.

I thought the penalty for the push on Boyle was soft so it probably cancels out the disallowed goal that was onside however, as has been said, it's unlucky on Oli.

Full back is definitely playing him on

jacomo
25-07-2019, 04:18 PM

What’s weird is that we have a number of attacking midfield options but have cried out for a decent left winger for years and years.

Not Newell’s fault if that’s not his game but it is frustrating.

Anyhow, another great match report JB!

BILLYHIBS
25-07-2019, 04:40 PM
Olly Shaw just needs a bit of luck

jacomo
25-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Olly Shaw just needs a bit of luck

:agree:

Unseen work
26-07-2019, 01:00 AM
Interesting game from my point of view, had a lot more tempo about us and came out 3-0 winners however never created as many good chances as the weeks prior.

Crazy what an early goal can do, settles everyone’s nerves and allows them to relax and not force it as much.

Dominated the vast majority of the game and weren’t troubled defensively in the slightest. The midfield trio of Mallan, Allan and Vela worked well, all comfortable on the ball and pressed as a unit.

Maxwell - Not seem much of him as he’s not had much to do in most games however his distribution seems good and even more so the pace he does it at.

James - Said it before I’m a big fan, his composure, passing and touch is a delight to see, also think he will compliment the likes of Mallan, Allan and the wingers and he can pick them out and start attacks from deep. Again he wasn’t troubled defensively and wins a surprising amount of headers for his height.

Jackson - Absolutley solid, really like the look of him.

Hanlon - Solid.

Mackie - Much better defensively this week, pressed well and used the ball better also.

Vela - Injected a lot of energy and tempo into the team which was nice to see and seemed to constantly demand the ball. Hard to judge so early on as he had little defending to do but he done his job well and looks like what we need. Nice to see he still has the urge to get forward and into the box too.

Mallan - I cant believe people don’t rate this guy? The way he passes the ball, whether it’s a through ball, cross field pass or whatever it may be is fantastic. I think some fans underestimate how difficult and important a part those cross field passes with pace are. He finds the player in space which offers us a overload and chance to double up on them. He’s also a lot better defensively now and presses the game well.

Allan - Scored and an assist but for me he was a bit frustrating at times. Seemed to get caught or make the wrong decision a lot more than normal which is very unlike him. You accept that more with him though as you know he can open up a team within seconds. Great to see him back as I’m a biggest fan, unfortunately for him the high standards he has set makes it surprising when he doesn’t reach those.

Boyle - Still trying to get that match sharpness back, when he does I have no doubt he will glide past players again.

Kamberi - Took his goal from a very tight angle well, some brilliant link up play and looks to be enjoying himself. Will be interesting who gets the nod between him and Doidge.

Newell - I’m feeling a bit for the guy, I think he has quality but nothing is coming off for him at all at the moment. Never had a bad game by any means, just felt like his final pass or dribble wasn’t quite working out. He comes across really likeable in interviews so hope it works out well for him. Not and out and out winger so will be interesting to see where he fits in.

Horgan - I love the guy, such a live wire and must be a nightmare to play against, turns defenders inside out with ease and looks raring to go this season.

Murray - Is like a new signing, I was first impressed when he made his debut under Lennon but unfortunately never kicked in because injuries etc. Now is his time, he looks fit, strong and has obvious quality. Love the way he receives the ball on the half turn and is chipping in with goals and assists.

Starting to look like we’re close to our strongest 11 and I’d say the only definite change would be Horgan for Newell. Kamberi and Doidge will be battling it out for the number 9 shirt and the goalie spot is still up for grabs (based on pre season).

For me we could still do with another defensive minded central midfielder, a pacey, skilful winger and a striker who can do something out of nothing.

But when you see the team and bench we had, it’s starting to look promising considering we still have Slivka, Stevenson, Gray and Porteous to come back.

St Mirren will be a huge game for us where we need to set a marker. These games against lower league opposition will be no different to what they will try to do, to sit in, frustrate us and hit us on the counter. A fast start against them is crucial.

BILLYHIBS
26-07-2019, 06:37 AM
Pleased to see Mallan starting to get “stuck in”

I thought Mallan Mackie and Newall unlucky to get booked

I wonder what our new recruits thought of the standard of Scottish refereeing?

Olly unlucky not to score looks to have bulked up a bit looked sharper and displayed predatory instincts to bury his wrongly disallowed goal