PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi

AugustaHibs
23-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Night and day tonight. First touch spot on. Well done big man

Diclonius
23-07-2019, 08:48 PM
He's a quality striker and with the service from Allan is much better than any other striker we can sign.

SouthMoroccoStu
23-07-2019, 08:49 PM
absolutely

he really looked the business tonight

neil7908
23-07-2019, 08:54 PM
Would be mad to let him know go unless we get a huge offer and have someone else lined up.

Also think we have plenty cover up front with us going 4-3-3.

Another defensive midfielder required though.

Vault Boy
23-07-2019, 08:54 PM
Much better from him, good to have him scoring again too. Hopefully the rumours of him wanting away are false.

The_Horde
23-07-2019, 08:57 PM
Night and day tonight. First touch spot on. Well done big man

First touch you say?

Clarence
23-07-2019, 09:01 PM
Wasn’t at the game tonight. However even though he didn’t do much on Saturday, I thought he looked a lot fitter and just generally carried himself more confidently.

SRHibs
23-07-2019, 09:05 PM
He seems to be able to up the ante when he's in the shop window. Was fantastic during his loan spell, then again now that he's looking for a move away.

If we get a motivated Kamberi this season then he could score a ton.

skyhibs
23-07-2019, 09:06 PM
He played ok tonight and took his goal well.... first touch still not there yet

tonyrougier123
23-07-2019, 09:09 PM
Kamberi is class,and we would struggle up top if sold.he chose hibs for a reason,and if hibs sold him for chump change id be dissapointed! Top scorer this season for me.

Torto7
23-07-2019, 09:10 PM
He seems to be able to up the ante when he's in the shop window. Was fantastic during his loan spell, then again now that he's looking for a move away.

If we get a motivated Kamberi this season then he could score a ton.

Have I missed something? Has he handed in a transfer request?

Brightside
23-07-2019, 09:12 PM
First touch you say?

Hahaha. His first touch was murder.

bingo70
23-07-2019, 09:12 PM
Where has all this talk about his first touch come from?

There’s nothing wrong with it imo.

He stopped scoring as he was playing in a team that created nothing for him and we relied on him to create and score his own chances.

If I was to be critical of him last season I would say that he wasn’t aggressive enough to get on the end of things in the box but this whole first touch thing is a myth IMO.

(Yes, I remember the livi game when he got robbed of the ball after a poor first touch)

PH91
23-07-2019, 09:13 PM
Attitude was excellent, he worked hard and there is no doubting his strength is making those runs in behind which allan loves to play passes into, evidenced by the goal.

Still needs to really improve his game with back to goal though. Can't agree with the poster who said his touch was spot on, there were plenty times where the ball was played into him and he lost it with poor hold up play or a bad lay off.

But im sure that will be getting worked on in training and its a positive sign he is starting to look confident again.

I wouldn't be letting him go at this point unless we are getting some serious cash.

tonyrougier123
23-07-2019, 09:13 PM
Have I missed something? Has he handed in a transfer request?

You no ken that loads of people on here know him personally.😉

The Spaceman
23-07-2019, 09:15 PM
Anyone else notice he is looking A LOT leaner? Like in his loan spell with us?

Much better today :aok:

B.H.F.C
23-07-2019, 09:15 PM
Better tonight. Made some good runs. Goal will do him good.

Obviously wants to play with Allan whenever he can but makes some poor choices at times. Better when he doesn’t have time to think.

Lancs Harp
23-07-2019, 09:16 PM
Kamberi is class,and we would struggle up top if sold.he chose hibs for a reason,and if hibs sold him for chump change id be dissapointed! Top scorer this season for me.

Hopefully mate but after a great start with us he was hugely disappiinting for the majority of last season for whatever reason (numerous i think). We all know he can play and fingers crossed Hecky can get the best out of him. I think the fact that Scotty is back will help him loads. Personally im excited for the coming season. Hope to see us in Europe next season 😄

Torto7
23-07-2019, 09:16 PM
You no ken that loads of people on here know him personally.😉

There's some amount of shiate written about the lad. I've never watched Flo and thought he wasn't trying-confidence can be an issue with him but never effort. I'd be gutted if he left.

Hibernian32
23-07-2019, 09:18 PM
Lovely to see him and Allan share a wee moment when he scored. It's like Gerrard and torres all over again😂😂

Torto7
23-07-2019, 09:18 PM
Anyone else notice he is looking A LOT leaner? Like in his loan spell with us?

Much better today :aok:

Yeah I thought that too. Lennons obsession with turning him into a target man probably required him to bulk up last season. He's far better being as mobile and sharp as possible imo.

tonyrougier123
23-07-2019, 09:19 PM
There's some amount of shiate written about the lad. I've never watched Flo and thought he wasn't trying-confidence can be an issue with him but never effort. I'd be gutted if he left.

Despite what some say he puts himself about,reminds me of kenny miller.

Torto7
23-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Despite what some say he puts himself about,reminds me of kenny miller.

That's a good comparison and like Kenny he'll have to continue working hard at his game but the raw materials are definitely there. Having Allan behind him will be the catalyst I think for a good season.

3pm
23-07-2019, 09:24 PM
His first touch wasn’t great.

His awareness and willingness to try and up link with his teammates were far better tonight IMO.

tonyrougier123
23-07-2019, 09:27 PM
That's a good comparison and like Kenny he'll have to continue working hard at his game but the raw materials are definitely there. Having Allan behind him will be the catalyst I think for a good season.
Totally agree,him and allan keep defences busy two ballers 👍

Robbo6-2
He was excellent tonight.

Him and Scott Allan are great together,sometimes you just click with a team mate and they do on the park

Frank Moon
He worked really hard,I like him but he never holds it in and always does a first touch which often doesn’t find our player or one of theirs! Only thing wrong with his performance tonight

GreenCastle
23-07-2019, 09:30 PM
He loves playing with Allan - get she service he needs.

Number 1 striker for me when fit.

Remember last season started injured with hamstring issue then had the Lennon incident.

Smartie
23-07-2019, 09:31 PM
Those who say his first touch is fine and those who say it is awful are all correct.

Sometimes the ball bounces off him like he's never tried to trap a ball in his life, the next he's linking the play beautifully, like a top level player.

His consistency is the problem.

There's a cracking player in there though, and I don't think you can underplay the value of the early goal tonight. His movement and composure was first class and it gave us the base on which to build a good performance.

Here’s Lucy!
23-07-2019, 09:35 PM
Totally agree,him and allan keep defences busy two ballers 👍

Ballers?

BegbieHSC
23-07-2019, 09:43 PM
MOTM tonight.

Hope he stays.

Stevie Reid
23-07-2019, 09:48 PM
Those who say his first touch is fine and those who say it is awful are all correct.

Sometimes the ball bounces off him like he's never tried to trap a ball in his life, the next he's linking the play beautifully, like a top level player.

His consistency is the problem.

There's a cracking player in there though, and I don't think you can underplay the value of the early goal tonight. His movement and composure was first class and it gave us the base on which to build a good performance.

Agreed. Some of his one touch layoffs are sublime, often from awkward balls to deal with. Far too many simple first touches trying to control an easy ball, are hopeless.

Definitely no myth about it, it’s been a regular talking point in a good few games last season, and on Saturday.

No doubting that he’s a real player when on his game though. As you say, consistency is the key.

Brightside
23-07-2019, 09:50 PM
Ballers?

You won’t be lasting long. 😂

BILLYHIBS
23-07-2019, 09:51 PM
Where has all this talk about his first touch come from?

There’s nothing wrong with it imo.

He stopped scoring as he was playing in a team that created nothing for him and we relied on him to create and score his own chances.

If I was to be critical of him last season I would say that he wasn’t aggressive enough to get on the end of things in the box but this whole first touch thing is a myth IMO.

(Yes, I remember the livi game when he got robbed of the ball after a poor first touch)

The Kamberi of last season had the touch of an elephant

No first touch

The ball did not stick

Could not trap a bag of cement

He ran like he was towing a caravan

Slower than a week in the jail

Could not turn with the ball or beat a man

Timing was out no eye to ball coordination

Kept trying that stupid wee flick to no one in particular

Looked overweight and not interested

Perhaps Lenny had a point

I expected a reaction from him after Lenny left but nothing

Oh there were the two excellent goals against Celtic

Admittedly better tonight was pleased for him when he scored

MWHIBBIES
23-07-2019, 09:56 PM
Excellent performance from an excellent player

Ryan91
23-07-2019, 09:58 PM
Hahaha. His first touch was murder.

watching tonight and comparing to last season when it seemed like his first touch was non-existent, he's been working on it.

not perfect by any means, but seemed to be controlling the ball far better tonight than he did all last season.

GreenCastle
23-07-2019, 10:01 PM

No first touch

The ball did not stick

Can’t believe you wasted the time to write that post / slag him off and add in all the usual cliches from football fans. Surprised bomb scare wasn’t used.

The guy played through injury for us then was played when wasn’t fit and fell out with Lennon / lost confidence- focus on how well he did tonight as he’s getting back to old self.

Renfrew_Hibby
23-07-2019, 10:04 PM

No first touch

The ball did not stick

You auditioning for a gig at the Daily Record or Radio Clyde?

CapitalGreen
23-07-2019, 10:05 PM
Can’t believe you wasted the time to write that post

You’ve obviously not read many of his other posts.

BILLYHIBS
23-07-2019, 10:08 PM
Can’t believe you wasted the time to write that post / slag him off and add in all the usual cliches from football fans. Surprised bomb scare wasn’t used.

The guy played through injury for us then was played when wasn’t fit and fell out with Lennon / lost confidence- focus on how well he did tonight as he’s getting back to old self.
Agree watching him last season he was constantly limping and there were mitigating circumstances

Still no first touch though

Complimented him on his goal tonight

BILLYHIBS
23-07-2019, 10:08 PM
You auditioning for a gig at the Daily Record or Radio Clyde?

No

MWHIBBIES
23-07-2019, 10:11 PM

No first touch

The ball did not stick

Timing was out no eye to ball coordination

Use a ****ing coma, you aren't writing poetry, stop hitting enter after every line.

BILLYHIBS
23-07-2019, 10:12 PM
You’ve obviously not read many of his other posts.

😁

BILLYHIBS
23-07-2019, 10:12 PM
Use a ****ing coma, you aren't writing poetry, stop hitting enter after every line.

I know you’ve told me before 😁

MWHIBBIES
23-07-2019, 10:14 PM
I know you’ve told me before 😁

Sorry :greengrin just boils my piss a bit

Tobias Funke
23-07-2019, 10:14 PM

Coma?! Bit harsh there likes...

MWHIBBIES
23-07-2019, 10:15 PM

Indeed :greengrin

I meant , of course

BILLYHIBS
23-07-2019, 10:17 PM

😁

SingaporeHibs
24-07-2019, 12:35 AM
Looked hungry for it tonight. Making good runs, never stopped running actually. Now Scotty is back, Flo can gamble that the ball will be played into the right positions for his runs. The opening goal was Flo at his best and a lovely ball by Scott. Scotty is always looking for those balls through the gaps, it’s going to create so many chances for us.
The first touch wasn’t always great but I think we can forgive those moments if we’re getting goals from him and he keeps working that hard. He gives us a lot up front, big, strong, gives defenders a really hard time and knows his way to goal. I think we’re going to see the Flo from his opening half season. IMO I still think he plays better with someone along side him but he certainly did well tonight.

JohnM1875
24-07-2019, 12:50 AM
His first touch was far from excellent. Still think he played well though.

Took the goal really well and was involved in a lot of neat play. Hopefully he'll kick on from tonight.

DetroitHibs
24-07-2019, 02:55 AM
Played really well today. Thought his touch was okay, just needs to keep it simple sometimes. Tries to be fancy a little too much.

Niffy
24-07-2019, 04:56 AM

Should be a full stop there.

neil7908
24-07-2019, 05:37 AM
Scott Allan behind him will make all the difference in the world.

Springbank
24-07-2019, 05:58 AM
Thought last season that Lennon / Lennon's tactics were actually to blame about flo (and you saw the same thing repeat with olly burke when Lennon moved west).

So while Brendan Rodgers began getting the most out of burke by insisting burke only took one touch (flicks, layoffs and already spinning into space for the return ball) Lennon had Celtic playing slower football, where burke (like flo last season under lennon) got passes to feet, in tight situations, with no midfield runner to flick to, meaning he looked clumsy, as close control isn't his skill.

Outcome: according to WBA burke was maltreated by Lennon & dropped out the picture.

Sounded familiar to me & it was encouraging last night to see hecky's midfield supporting flo, the way Rodgers had burke playing (and how he had vardy playing at Leicester) where the very last thing you want is flo taking touches in midfield - one touch lay off and spin into space. Like others said Scott allan helps big time as his touch and vision work well with flo

Youd rather watch (and play in) hecky's hibs than Lennon's celtic

bigwheel
24-07-2019, 07:54 AM

It’s a forum, not a text book ...the poster’s points were very clear.

chrisski33
24-07-2019, 08:45 AM
Tbh id expect kamberi to score against the likes of arbroath. Hes good but is really that good? Lets see if he stays and how this season goes. Be insterested to see his form when potential suiters arent about.

Here’s Lucy!
24-07-2019, 11:06 AM
You won’t be lasting long. 😂

Because I don’t know (I could probably guess mind) what a ‘baller’ is?

Here’s Lucy!
24-07-2019, 11:09 AM

A ‘comma’ is definitely required somewhere.

:wink:

tonyrougier123
24-07-2019, 10:22 PM
Because I don’t know (I could probably guess mind) what a ‘baller’ is?

Lucy a baller is a player who plays the game well and on the deck,as opposed to a hoofer who hoofs the ball well.......into the stands.👍😎.

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2019, 08:18 AM

Yes, it just takes up half the page, even more when it's quoted.

stoneyburn hibs
25-07-2019, 08:45 AM

1st world problems.

jacomo
25-07-2019, 08:54 AM
Kamberi is the real deal.

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2019, 08:58 AM
1st world problems.

What a witty and origional remark.

BILLYHIBS
25-07-2019, 09:34 AM

Hey!

Thats me you are talking about

I am still here you know :greengrin

As another poster has pointed out I do it that way so that each point is clear and precise and there is no ambiguity

I have noticed that loads of other posters prefer to do it that way as well

After all it is a forum and statements can be misinterpreted

Onwards and upwards

Diclonius
25-07-2019, 09:54 AM
Kamberi is awesome

Keith_M
25-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Hey!

As another poster has pointed out I do it that way so that each point is clear and precise and there is no ambiguity

Onwards and upwards

Gonnae

No

Dae

That

Billy!

:na na:

BILLYHIBS
25-07-2019, 10:49 AM
Gonnae

No

Dae

That

Billy!

Ha Ha!

I was gonna dae that but thought that was a step too far

:greengrin

Here’s Lucy!
25-07-2019, 11:35 AM
Gonnae

No

Dae

That

Billy!

Ha Ha!

I was gonna dae that but thought that was a step too far

:greengrin

Well, to me, the short sharp sentences (although unusual) at least get Billy’s points over clearly. :applause:

Much clearer than the posts that are devoid of punctuation, therefore barely giving one time to catch breath whilst reading them.

I think ‘bullet points’ is the term for this, and I’m all for it sometimes.

Hibernian Verse
25-07-2019, 11:42 AM

To be fair to MWH, I started reading it as a poem titled "The Kamberi of last season had the touch of an elephant" until the third or fourth sentence of nothing rhyming.

Hibernian Verse
25-07-2019, 11:45 AM
Well, to me, the short sharp sentences (although unusual) at least get Billy’s points over clearly. :applause:

Much clearer than the posts that are devoid of punctuation, therefore barely giving one time to catch breath whilst reading them.

Not sure if that was deliberate but it was a cracking use of an oxymoron. If you're only all for it sometimes, then you aren't all for it at all. :greengrin

25-07-2019, 11:49 AM

Try reading silently in your head instead of reading it aloud. That way you won't lose your breath so easily. :greengrin

Here’s Lucy!
25-07-2019, 12:04 PM
Not sure if that was deliberate but it was a cracking use of an oxymoron. If you're only all for it sometimes, then you aren't all for it at all. :greengrin

No, not deliberate. :na na:

It was just a mistake as I was typing in a hurry. :aok:

Try reading silently in your head instead of reading it aloud. That way you won't lose your breath so easily. :greengrin

Noted. :thumbsup:

CRAZYHIBBY
25-07-2019, 12:27 PM
Hey!

Onwards and upwards

I

Actually prefer it your way

Its easier to read

And better on the eyes

Plus i can read only the parts i want

BILLYHIBS
25-07-2019, 12:38 PM
I

Actually prefer it your way

Its easier to read

And better on the eyes

Plus i can read only the parts i want

😁

Diclonius
26-07-2019, 11:36 PM
Is he OK after the injury?

Another great performance btw.

Vault Boy
27-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Is he OK after the injury?

Another great performance btw.

Hopefully. It's been said before, but an in-form Flo is better than almost any other striker we could feasibly sign.

FilipinoHibs
27-07-2019, 05:56 AM
Hey!

Onwards and upwards

I think from now on posters must provide full Harvard referencing with every post.

RIP
27-07-2019, 06:58 AM
If we had a trialist who had scored four goals in July, would fans not be bursting to sign him on the basis that’s he’s better than we have already?

I always prefer the devil I know to the passing stranger.

Kavinho
27-07-2019, 07:07 AM
I think from now on posters must provide full Harvard referencing with every post.

Source..?