PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs v Arbroath round 2: The Revenge

Pages : 1 [2]

Brightside
23-07-2019, 08:44 PM
So. Are you not entertained. Shame only 4000 there mind you.

AlbertK86
23-07-2019, 08:44 PM
Much better. Same again on Friday.

Was this less of an Alex Miller style performance? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
23-07-2019, 08:45 PM
Good performance and result. Nobody had a bad game with Allan, Vela and Murray when he came on stand outs imo.

PatHead
Great to hear about the great performance. We have to take it in context though. It was only Arbroath.
Let's see how Friday goes and then onto the new season.

bingo70
Maybe he is the final midfielder required and we don’t need to look elsewhere? This could be his breakthrough season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think it’s more of a tenacious defensively minded midfielder we need but I’m excited about the season ahead for him.

He won’t start the season as first choice but he’ll get his chance this season and I think there’s a great chance he could end up taking it.

I wasn’t completely convinced when he first broke through as thought he lacked the power to make it, he’s obviously worked hard on his physique though and he looks ready to become a first team regular. Even going back to his assist against Aberdeen last season, I think it looks like he could be a great player this season.

Borderhibbie76
23-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Looking forward to the positive comments this evening.

It's been a wee bit flat recently, maybe it was justified, I don't know I wasn't there.

So pleased to have read the match thread tonight. Thanks to all who posted from the game.It was a much improved performance mate...much more what we would expect. Good to see progress being made from 1st 2 games

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Speedway
23-07-2019, 08:47 PM

It was yes. Lovely flow and rhythm in midfield. James looks better on the right, still need to move the ball faster, which we’ll hopefully do on Friday.

tonyrougier123

Silkybottom at the wheel 😉

SquashedFrogg
Great to hear about the great performance. We have to take it in context though. It was only Arbroath.

Still pre season and we're starting to warm up. Quite content with our progress.

smithy_hibees

Offt C'mon.. Just smile

GreenCastle
23-07-2019, 08:48 PM
Well done Hibs.

So much better tonight and you can see the team gelling better. Ok final ball still needs work but we hardly broke sweat at times which for me is a sign of a good team.

Looking at the bench we actually have a decent squad and new players settling in well.

Jackson at the back won everything in air.

James improving every game at right back.

Kamberi looking like old self.

Allan - just love this guy.

Plus positives such as more minutes for Boyle - Mackie solid and new keeper distribution good too - except 1 stray pass

Newcastle game will be interesting and quietly confident about the season ahead.

AlbertK86
23-07-2019, 08:48 PM
It was yes. Lovely flow and rhythm in midfield. James looks better on the right, still need to move the ball faster, which we’ll hopefully do on Friday.

Guid stuff [emoji3][emoji106]

AlbertK86
23-07-2019, 08:49 PM
Silkybottom at the wheel [emoji6]

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji1787][emoji1787]

we are hibs
23-07-2019, 08:49 PM
Both goalies booked in the penalty shootout between Albion and st.mirren for being off their line and retakes ordered. Wonder if the referees are going to heavily enforce this rule in Scotland this season. Apparently a keeper can't be booked twice for it in a shootout.

Since90+2
23-07-2019, 08:52 PM
Both goalies booked in the penalty shootout between Albion and st.mirren for being off their line and retakes ordered. Wonder if the referees are going to heavily enforce this rule in Scotland this season. Apparently a keeper can't be booked twice for it in a shootout.

What a ridiculous rule. If they can't be booked for it twice what's to stop them jumping off the line at the first penalty and then just take the absolute piss with the remaining penalties knowing they can't be sent off?

PatHead
23-07-2019, 08:52 PM
Still pre season and we're starting to warm up. Quite content with our progress.

Snap, just not wanting to get ahead of ourselves. As some fans went ott about the Stirling and Alloa it is just being balanced by not over-reacting to a good performance.

tonyrougier123
23-07-2019, 08:53 PM

I was wondering that too,thought they scrapped it after scotland argentina game fiasco.

Bobby's Cinema
Good reading tonight, good to hear we sounded convincing

FilipinoHibs

Negative posters holding fire until Friday then?

we are hibs
23-07-2019, 08:54 PM
What a ridiculous rule. If they can't be booked for it twice what's to stop them jumping off the line at the first penalty and then just take the absolute piss with the remaining penalties knowing they can't be sent off?

They'll still be retaken just not booked for it. Seems a bit weird though considering the booking would mean absolutely nothing and would be pointless

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-07-2019, 08:55 PM
Ideal. Well done Hibs

Was worried at the trend appearing across all social media platforms lately laying in to the players and management. Criticism in some regard might have been warranted but there just seemed to be a very vocal minority really hammering some, particularly the manager and 1 or 2 players

Felt it was unhealthy.

Hecky's at the wheel 💚

essexhibee
23-07-2019, 08:55 PM
How was vela?

muzzando
23-07-2019, 08:56 PM
What if the goalie is booked during the actual match and then comes off their line during the shoot-out? Do they still get booked then and sent off?

Onceinawhile
23-07-2019, 08:56 PM
I was wondering that too,thought they scrapped it after scotland argentina game fiasco.

Think it was just suspended for the remainder of the world Cup.

Vault Boy
23-07-2019, 08:58 PM
How was vela?

Passed it nicely and competed well IMO. Too soon to say for certain, but I think he'll be a good addition.

AlbertK86
Ideal. Well done Hibs

Was worried at the trend appearing across all social media platforms lately laying in to the players and management. Criticism in some regard might have been warranted but there just seemed to be a very vocal minority really hammering some, particularly the manager and 1 or 2 players

Felt it was unhealthy.

Hecky's at the wheel [emoji172]

Totally agree and said this on a thread at the weekend.

Patience needed and a few daft ins spreading bad vibes like a cancer.

Hopefully everyone can get behind the team and management team

GGTTH

tonyrougier123
Think it was just suspended for the remainder of the world Cup.

👍.should scrap it though brutal stuff for a goalie

Brightside
23-07-2019, 08:59 PM

That back 4 is fine for me. Can Mackie keep Lewis out?

Sweet Left Peg
23-07-2019, 09:05 PM
They'll still be retaken just not booked for it. Seems a bit weird though considering the booking would mean absolutely nothing and would be pointless

So a goalie could be "unbooked" during a game, take a yellow in the first penalty and then take his chances that all the rest go unnoticed?

HibbyAndy
23-07-2019, 09:06 PM

No

If i was Paul Hanlon i would be more worried about his place

tamig
23-07-2019, 09:08 PM
That was the kind of final ball we were lacking on Saturday. Great bit of play from Murray and Horgan.

Horgan put some fabulous balls in tonight. We could have had another two or three from his crosses alone. He deserved his assist.

tamig
23-07-2019, 09:10 PM
No

Hanlon strolled it tonight. I thought him and Jackson looked good together.

tonyrougier123
23-07-2019, 09:11 PM

You think jackson might push big daz out?not seen him yet.

Here’s Lucy!
23-07-2019, 09:11 PM
Well done Hibs! :flag:

That midfield/front line looked like it can go places.

Vault Boy
23-07-2019, 09:14 PM

Agreed. I actually thought Hanlon was the pick of the two, so I'm not sure he'll be worried just yet. Competition is healthy.

tamig

It was the first game I’ve been to tonight so I’ve not seen Daz this season. Based on what I saw of Jackson I would say he could definitely keep Daz out. Only one game though.

Lee Marvin

Impossible to tell on tonight's showing as they were in our half for about 4 mins. However, he was good on ball and did what had to do. Also looks dangerous from corners.

Vela was very tidy and looks a real find.

James is a rolls Royce on the ball. Hopefully he can defend too.

Newell was tidy without doing much. May struggle for game time when everyone is fit.

I'm very encouraged after that

tonyrougier123
23-07-2019, 09:16 PM
It was the first game I’ve been to tonight so I’ve not seen Daz this season. Based on what I saw of Jackson I would say he could definitely keep Daz out. Only one game though.

Sounds like we have a decent centehalf eitherway cheers 👍

Speedway
23-07-2019, 09:16 PM

Still Lewis for me, for the time being.

tonyrougier123
23-07-2019, 09:17 PM
Impossible to tell on tonight's showing as they were in our half for about 4 mins. However, he was good on ball and did what had to do. Also looks dangerous from corners.

Newell was tidy without doing much. May struggle for game time when everyone is fit.

Cheers bud 👍

Brightside
23-07-2019, 09:19 PM
No

Based on what? Captain in the games. Our only left side CB. Unless he has a poor run of form I can’t see him being out.

PH91
23-07-2019, 09:21 PM
I would have binned mallan 9 months ago but he has improved his game massively under hecky. He was the best player on the park for me tonight, his long passing was superb.

Mention to horgan also who is so dangerous, he is going to be a big player for us this year, defenders must hate playing against him. Hopefully the coaches have improved his fitness so he can stay at it for more than 60 minutes too!! He certainly looks very sharp.

Squealing pig
23-07-2019, 09:21 PM
Next

EVENTUALLY
23-07-2019, 09:22 PM

He has a delightful first touch, is very composed and moves over the pitch effortlessly. As you say he is a Rolls Royce.

ShadesLongThrow
23-07-2019, 09:23 PM
Really enjoyed that. Night and day compared to Saturday and good performances from the new boys. Thought Jackson was immense and won everything that came his way. Think he’ll also score a few headers from corners too as he can’t half jump.

James also looked very composed at right back and his height will be a big advantage this season. Vela did very well in the fetch and carry role until he tired towards the end and I thought Newell had a decent game. A few things he tried didn’t come off but his head never went down.

B.H.F.C
23-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Better shape tonight but everybody was playing pretty much in their natural position.

Maxwell’s distribution is very good, he try’s to keep the ball moving all the time. And he’s very vocal.

James and Jackson look useful enough but don’t know if they can defend yet.

Thought Mackie had a good game.

What a difference Vela made in the middle of the park.

Still didn’t see much from Newell.

Though Kamberi was better.

Our crossing was largely dire, again.

Chefki Kuqi
23-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Sods law that the two friendlies I took in fell short of the standards seemingly set tonight!

Good on the chaps though, hopefully things can be this positive from now on!

Unseen work
23-07-2019, 09:26 PM
I would have binned mallan 9 months ago but he has improved his game massively under hecky. He was the best player on the park for me tonight, his long passing was superb.

Mention to horgan also who is so dangerous, he is going to be a big player for us this year, defenders must hate playing against him. Hopefully the coaches have improved his fitness so he can stay at it for more than 60 minutes too!! He certainly looks very sharp.

You would have binned Mallan 9 months ago? He started the season off brilliantly and scored about 8 goals in the first couple of months

noz
23-07-2019, 09:26 PM

there was one 50 yard crossfield pass he made to Newall (67th minute) which was a joy to watch. Anybody else remember it?

Here’s Lucy!
23-07-2019, 09:28 PM
Next

Bit confident already!

But, we’re looking better.

GGTTH :flag:

GreenCastle
23-07-2019, 09:28 PM
Ideal. Well done Hibs

Felt it was unhealthy.

Hecky's at the wheel 💚

Definitely - no coincidence summer holidays started and few new user names I reckon are under cover jambos.

noz
23-07-2019, 09:29 PM
Better shape tonight but everybody was playing pretty much in their natural position.

Maxwell’s distribution is very good, he try’s to keep the ball moving all the time. And he’s very vocal.

James and Jackson look useful enough but don’t know if they can defend yet.

Thought Mackie had a good game.

What a difference Vela made in the middle of the park.

Still didn’t see much from Newell.

Though Kamberi was better.

Our crossing was largely dire, again.

agree with all of that.
Newells a strange one, doesnt always look interested, but maybe thats just his style? Also, hes not a winger, so playing out of position.

Here’s Lucy!
23-07-2019, 09:32 PM
there was one 50 yard crossfield pass he made to Newall (67th minute) which was a joy to watch. Anybody else remember it?

Yes, but Newell took it poorly.

The boy is not that good, let’s be honest.

That aside, we were much better tonight.

easty
23-07-2019, 09:32 PM
agree with all of that.
Newells a strange one, doesnt always look interested, but maybe thats just his style? Also, hes not a winger, so playing out of position.

He’s not a winger?

He was a winger before he came to us.

Robbo6-2
23-07-2019, 09:34 PM
All new signings were excellent tonight.

Really impressed with James at right back and Jackson at centre half.

The balance of the team was much better tonight with Mackie and James as full backs.

Vela looks a real find. Very mobile and demanded the ball all time. Will only get better as he gets match fit.

BoomtownHibees
23-07-2019, 09:36 PM

The balance of the team was much better tonight with Mackie and James as full backs.

Vela looks a real find. Very mobile and demanded the ball all time. Will only get better as he gets match fit.

Newell wasn’t excellent. I’d like to see is go with the shape we played tonight and with most of the same personnel however would look at Horgan coming in for Newell

Unseen work
23-07-2019, 09:37 PM
He’s not a winger?

He said it was only recently he got played out wide, has always played left of a central 3 or left of a diamond.

Smartie
23-07-2019, 09:40 PM
I thought Newell played well.

No idea where any of this "doesn't look interested" stuff comes from.

He worked as hard as anyone, fitted nicely into the fluid way we played, linked up well with Mackie and provided a threat over the top that I think we'll see more of this season.

A good night's work from him.

Brightside
Yes, but Newell took it poorly.

The boy is not that good, let’s be honest.

That aside, we were much better tonight.

He was more than decent tonight.

Here’s Lucy!
Newell wasn’t excellent. I’d like to see is go with the shape we played tonight and with most of the same personnel however would look at Horgan coming in for Newell

Correct.

Newell is definitely nothing to write home about, Vela looks good.

RoxburghHibs
23-07-2019, 09:41 PM

Good positive comments but hard to take you serious with a Jambo username.

Here’s Lucy!
23-07-2019, 09:42 PM
He was more than decent tonight.

Right, I’m not arguing.

Newell is great.

Here’s Lucy!
23-07-2019, 09:43 PM

Total Yam.

No Hibs fan would even consider that username.

Pilrig_Sauzee
23-07-2019, 09:44 PM
Given lack of action, easy to overloook the new keeper, but he was shouting at the back 4 and getting them to move up, and generally moving things along quickly when required. This is good competition at the back.

04Sauzee
23-07-2019, 09:45 PM
Correct.

Newell is definitely nothing to write home about, Vela looks good.

Imagine Vela was fit enough, what a game he might have had

calumhibee1
23-07-2019, 09:46 PM
So do we reckon a win by 2 or 3 on Friday would be enough to be seeded?

DTS
23-07-2019, 09:46 PM

I think a win full stop will be

Here’s Lucy!
23-07-2019, 09:47 PM
Imagine Vela was fit enough, what a game he might have had

Yes, my poor info.

Watch this space.

04Sauzee

How many teams from the league stages get seeded?

PH91
You would have binned Mallan 9 months ago? He started the season off brilliantly and scored about 8 goals in the first couple of months

I actually thought those goals masked his performances. In any case, i dont want to get into why i didnt rate him too much as he has clearly worked hard to improve and hecky seems to be having a positive impact on him. A very good performance tonight and hopefully we see a lot more of them.

Vela also looks like he has good energy and may play a more defensive role so should be good for mallan.

CapitalGreen
23-07-2019, 09:49 PM

Billy Whizz
23-07-2019, 09:49 PM

We are currently +5, Livvi are +2 and play Berwick on Saturday!!!
Hearts are also +2, and have Stenny at home tomorrow and East Fide away on Saturday
We really should have scored a few more on Saturday and tonight

J-C
23-07-2019, 09:54 PM
Unable to make it tonight but delighted it sounds that we played well, scored some goals and absolutely no negativity on the board. Murray is very highly rated by Craig and co and was hampered last season by injury,delighted he's starting to show the potential.

Sir David Gray
23-07-2019, 09:54 PM

The best 4 group winners plus Celtic, Rangers, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen.

GreenCastle
23-07-2019, 09:55 PM
Newell isn’t a Boyle or Horgan.

He is a wide player that can link up play. He’s got a great 1st touch and clever player.

I thought he had some good touches and like James plays in a relaxed style. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t care. Just because he isn’t the gung-ho type Scottish player doesn’t mean he isn’t good.

He will be a good addition to the squad and add assists and goals.

He’s also played with a variety of full backs and actually though he linked up well with Mackie as Mackie offered some good runs first half.

EVENTUALLY
23-07-2019, 09:55 PM

He worked as hard as anyone, fitted nicely into the fluid way we played, linked up well with Mackie and provided a threat over the top that I think we'll see more of this season.

A good night's work from him.

i agree. He'll be fine and will deliver decent crosses.

B.H.F.C
23-07-2019, 09:57 PM
We are currently +5, Livvi are +2 and play Berwick on Saturday!!!
Hearts are also +2, and have Stenny at home tomorrow and East Fide away on Saturday
We really should have scored a few more on Saturday and tonight

Going to be tight.

Motherwell and Ross County will finish with 12 points so will take two of the seeded places.

Us, Hearts and Livi will all win our remaining games I think. Good result for East Fife tonight though.

Would be disappointed if we don’t get through this group as one of the seeds.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2019, 10:01 PM
Going to be tight.

Motherwell and Ross County will finish with 12 points so will take two of the seeded places.

Us, Hearts and Livi will all win our remaining games I think. Good result for East Fife tonight though.

Just need to get 3 points on Friday, and get a few goals too, put pressure on the teams playing on Saturday.

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-07-2019, 10:03 PM

He is a wide player that can link up play. He’s got a great 1st touch and clever player.

I thought he had some good touches and like James plays in a relaxed style. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t care. Just because he isn’t the gung-ho type Scottish player doesn’t mean he isn’t good.

He’s also played with a variety of full backs and actually though he linked up well with Mackie as Mackie offered some good runs first half.
100% spot on.

Springbank
23-07-2019, 10:04 PM
I'd take getting through and just see what happens. Could be unseeded & draw Ross county. By same token, in a hyper charged nine in a row season (plus rangers needing euro cash) this is the ideal year to catch the old firm early as the league cup is a distant third in their early season priorities.
Well played to the team tonight - the pace & drive was there, good to see.

wookie70
23-07-2019, 10:06 PM
The difference in delivery from the right was very evident when Horgan came on. Boyle might struggle to get a starting position but that could work really well as Horgan seems to do best when he opens the taps up and lets them run for an hour. Boyler can then come on and run the opposition ragged in the last half hour.

Newall was much better tonight but it never really happened for him on the ball when he tried something positive. Did ok though and played his position well. Mackie is starting to look better positionally now he has games under his belt and I have been really impressed with Mallan. He looks a yard quicker and is covering far more ground. If Vela lets him play 15-20 yards further forward he is going to be a big player this year. I have rated Fraser M very highly for a couple of years and he really is starting to look like he could be an important player. Keeps the ball well and makes some great runs. Linked very well with Horgan and looks to have bulked up but also added a burst of pace. Jackson looked good again and James looked much better on the right. Flo was man of the match for me. Linked play well and ran his heart out. Great run and finish for the goal too and he is starting to play with his head up and looks far more like the Flo we grew to love before Lennon destroyed his confidence.

It will be interesting to see what we shape up like at the start of the campaign proper and not a bad game to kick off with given St Mirrens current form. For all I had my worries with some of the displays in the friendlies Heck has told us all along what was happening and it seems to all be panning out exactly as he suggested.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2019, 10:06 PM
I'd take getting through and just see what happens. Could be unseeded & draw Ross county. By same token, in a hyper charged nine in a row season (plus rangers needing euro cash) this is the ideal year to catch the old firm early as the league cup is a distant third in their early season priorities.
Well played to the team tonight - the pace & drive was there, good to see.

Or Livvi
Draw is starting to open up, lots of Premiership teams now out.

ian cruise
23-07-2019, 10:13 PM
He has a delightful first touch, is very composed and moves over the pitch effortlessly. As you say he is a Rolls Royce.

Couldn't make it tonight, does he compared to David Murphy?

Sir David Gray
23-07-2019, 10:19 PM
Going to be tight.

We could really rue the dropped points v Stirling Albion.

It would be really disappointing to be in a group with Alloa, Arbroath, Elgin and Stirling Albion and not qualify as one of the seeded teams.

Hi Heid Yin
23-07-2019, 10:26 PM
So, Robbo27, pray tell us why any Hibby would register on Hibs.net and call themselves Robbo27, knowing full well thatJohn Robertson scored 27 goals against us?

hibbyfraelibby
23-07-2019, 10:27 PM
There's a high chance he will have left the club by then.

There is no chance of that. He is going nowhere.

Chorley Hibee
23-07-2019, 10:43 PM

It would be really disappointing to be in a group with Alloa, Arbroath, Elgin and Stirling Albion and not qualify as one of the seeded teams.

With Livingston playing Berwick at home, it's going to be between us and Hearts.

Borderhibbie76
23-07-2019, 10:46 PM
No

If i was Paul Hanlon i would be more worried about his placeWhy?? He was assured tonight and sprayed some quality passes. 1st name on team sheet for me

Borderhibbie76
23-07-2019, 10:50 PM

A good night's work from him.It's the new Hibs.Net myth mate...clearly this seasons target for the negative nanas on here. He did fine tonight worked hard and always tried to get involved. Some ridiculous comments about him honestly

Borderhibbie76
23-07-2019, 10:50 PM
Correct.

Newell is definitely nothing to write home about, Vela looks good.Ok you have made your point...we get it you dont rate Newell after 2 matches ...

mentalhibee
23-07-2019, 10:55 PM

Agree with this, thought he looked good. Will give us a different option in midfield.

Sir David Gray
23-07-2019, 10:56 PM
With Livingston playing Berwick at home, it's going to be between us and Hearts.

Not necessarily.

Livingston's on +2 goal difference and we're on +5 so they'll need to win by at least 4 goals to have any chance of overtaking us.

I'm not saying that isn't possible, especially against Berwick Rangers but we also have a game that we should win comfortably so I don't think Livingston are that out of reach for us.

Forza Fred
23-07-2019, 11:32 PM

Posting non controversial comments to get your post numbers up?

Bit of a waste of time when your user name is what it is.

23-07-2019, 11:36 PM
Not necessarily.

Livingston's on +2 goal difference and we're on +5 so they'll need to win by at least 4 goals to have any chance of overtaking us.

I'm not saying that isn't possible, especially against Berwick Rangers but we also have a game that we should win comfortably so I don't think Livingston are that out of reach for us.

Hearts on +2 though should stick a few past Stenhousemuir tomorrow. Could be interesting going into the last matches, East Fife at home to Hearts and I'd expect Hearts to win it but East Fife could make it very difficult as a win would see them top the group.

Criswell
23-07-2019, 11:58 PM
Decent performance this evening and got the job done. However, we should have scored more goals. I don't understand why professional footballers cannot judge weight-of-pass better. It is one of the reasons so many good opportunities are squandered. Very frustrating.

davhibby
24-07-2019, 12:27 AM
Not necessarily.

Berwick are awful and have conceded 16 in 3 games so far. Livi will know what they need to do if we win on Friday night and I'd say they'll manage as many goals as they need quite easily, especially at home. Hearts have a tough game at East Fife who will be on a high, potential banana skin there

givescotlandfreedom
24-07-2019, 12:35 AM
Why?? He was assured tonight and sprayed some quality passes. 1st name on team sheet for me

I thought he had a stinker to be honest. Gave the ball away cheaply and played some slack balls. Opinions eh

Onceinawhile
24-07-2019, 06:07 AM

Dropped point.

Sir David Gray
24-07-2019, 06:31 AM
Berwick are awful and have conceded 16 in 3 games so far. Livi will know what they need to do if we win on Friday night and I'd say they'll manage as many goals as they need quite easily, especially at home. Hearts have a tough game at East Fife who will be on a high, potential banana skin there

If we beat Elgin by anything more than 3-0, I can't see Livingston winning 6 or 7-0 to be honest. I'm fairly confident we can finish above Livingston.

Barman Stanton
24-07-2019, 06:53 AM

Imagine putting in this kind of time on a rivals site. A special kind of sad.

Hibernian Verse
24-07-2019, 07:13 AM
Win on Friday to nil whilst scoring 2+ and we will be seeded. We would have dropped 1 point and haven't conceded since that wonder strike at Stirling.

ian cruise
24-07-2019, 07:20 AM
So, Robbo27, pray tell us why any Hibby would register on Hibs.net and call themselves Robbo27, knowing full well thatJohn Robertson scored 27 goals against us?

Has it not been discussed on here before that the poster is a Hibs fan known to others on the site and Robbo is his actual nickname? If you genuinely think he's a jambo there's a report function rather than filling the thread up with this nonsense.

FilipinoHibs
24-07-2019, 07:23 AM
It's the new Hibs.Net myth mate...clearly this seasons target for the negative nanas on here. He did fine tonight worked hard and always tried to get involved. Some ridiculous comments about him honestly

PH told him to read Hibs Net and buck up his ideas.

Borderhibbie76
24-07-2019, 07:36 AM
PH told him to read Hibs Net and buck up his ideas.[emoji106][emoji23]

24-07-2019, 07:54 AM
Win on Friday to nil whilst scoring 2+ and we will be seeded. We would have dropped 1 point and haven't conceded since that wonder strike at Stirling.

Ross County and Motherwell can get to 12 points and probably will. Livi and Hearts can both get to 11 points as can we, I'd put them as favourites to get the seeded places ahead of us. We need one of them to slip up on the number of goals scored (assuming we win).

24-07-2019, 07:59 AM
If we beat Elgin by anything more than 3-0, I can't see Livingston winning 6 or 7-0 to be honest. I'm fairly confident we can finish above Livingston.

I'm not so sure. Berwick 12 competitve games without a goal, 45 conceded.

https://twitter.com/Nareystoepoker/status/1153915168700739584?s=19

Forza Fred
24-07-2019, 08:13 AM
Has it not been discussed on here before that the poster is a Hibs fan known to others on the site and Robbo is his actual nickname? If you genuinely think he's a jambo there's a report function rather than filling the thread up with this nonsense.

Right enough, no nonsense ever appears on here!

Topographic Hibby
24-07-2019, 08:42 AM
If we beat Elgin by anything more than 3-0, I can't see Livingston winning 6 or 7-0 to be honest. I'm fairly confident we can finish above Livingston.Friday night footie could count against us.

Other teams will know what they have to do to overcome goal difference.

number9dream
24-07-2019, 08:43 AM

Could Newell do a job inside Horgan on the left of a three-man midfield? It would mean Allan or Mallan dropping out but we need to have options for a long season ahead. Good to see Murray looking the part. He's probably first in line as cover for those two if Vela is to play the anchor role.
Maybe a bit thin if Vela or one or two of our wingers get injured but that was a strong bench last night, with Stevenson, Gray, Porteous & Slivka to come back.

Some minor tinkering at Elgin and our strongest line-up for first 45 mins against Newcastle and we should be good to go on 3 August.

The_Horde
24-07-2019, 08:46 AM
He’s not a winger?

He played in a wide position. Doesn't necessarily make him a winger..

Stokes and Riordan played wide. Were they wingers?

Onceinawhile
24-07-2019, 08:56 AM

3.75 goals against per game.

We are +3 from livi and assuming we win (say 2-0) on Friday, that would mean livi needing to win 5-0 against Berwick, which really isn't outwith the realms of possibility. Think we need to put 3, 4 or 5 past Elgin to be sure.

Hopefully Stenhousemuir can pick up a point, or even keep it tight v hearts and that should scupper them a bit.

B.H.F.C
24-07-2019, 09:10 AM

We are +3 from livi and assuming we win (say 2-0) on Friday, that would mean livi needing to win 5-0 against Berwick, which really isn't outwith the realms of possibility. Think we need to put 3, 4 or 5 past Elgin to be sure.

Hopefully Stenhousemuir can pick up a point, or even keep it tight v hearts and that should scupper them a bit.

If Hearts are going to drop any points it will be against East Fife. They had a good result last night and drew with Hearts in the group stage last year as well. Think Hearts will win comfortably tonight.

SJNB Hibby
24-07-2019, 10:41 AM

Thats an average against primarily Division 2 teams, if they can ship 3-4 against Elgin, Albion Rovers and Queens Park, Livi should be able todouble that if they want.
I think we need to score 5+ on Friday night

Barman Stanton
24-07-2019, 11:33 AM

Really!?? Im just struggling to see why any Hibs fan would use Robbo27 as a user name. Bonkers if so. If I used Stanton07 over on kickback I would last one post!

04Sauzee
24-07-2019, 11:59 AM

Bizarre though if you go through his posts he doesn't come across as a Jambo but then again most of his posts are very short.

Strange one

Robbo6-2
24-07-2019, 12:45 PM
Defo no jambo, honest mistake but have no idea how to change username?

Here’s Lucy!
24-07-2019, 12:56 PM

So, what’s the significance of the ‘27’ then?

MSK
24-07-2019, 04:13 PM
So, what’s the significance of the ‘27’ then?Ffs does it really matter to you ? Leave the guy to post, theres a hell of a lot more **** posted by hibs fans on here so dont think he deserves the third degree because of his username

04Sauzee
24-07-2019, 04:26 PM

As said if you go through your posts you don't come across a jambo

Here’s Lucy!
24-07-2019, 04:39 PM
Really!?? Im just struggling to see why any Hibs fan would use Robbo27 as a user name. Bonkers if so. If I used Stanton07 over on kickback I would last one post!

Ffs does it really matter to you ? Leave the guy to post, theres a hell of a lot more **** posted by hibs fans on here so dont think he deserves the third degree because of his username

I simply asked the bloke a question.

Many other posters on this thread (I have quoted one, above) and indeed, on other threads, have asked similar of him.

MSK
24-07-2019, 05:00 PM
I simply asked the bloke a question.

Many other posters on this thread (I have quoted one, above) and indeed, on other threads, have asked similar of him.Of course you did, but lets be honest, your mind seemed to be made up with this post “Total Yam. No Hibs fan would even consider that username.” I couldn't give a flying **** who posts on here but Ive been around long enough and know that folk have been hacked off with the place, pretty **** patter to be honest

Robbo6-2
24-07-2019, 05:06 PM
I couldnt really be arsed explaining myself and to me the number 27 was irrelevant. It wasnt til after i posted something once about saying i didnt rate Slivka everyone jumped on it accusing me of being a hearts fan. Forgot the rest of the posts.

I have no problem changing my name to Robbo62 or Robbo07 if that makes people feel better and if you could kindy tell me how to do so that would be great.

Oscar T Grouch
24-07-2019, 05:07 PM

Got into the menus at the top of the page, Forum Actions=>Edit Profile=>Edit Username

Speedway
24-07-2019, 05:07 PM
I couldnt really be arsed explaining myself and to me the number 27 was irrelevant. It wasnt til after i posted something once about saying i didnt rate Slivka everyone jumped on it accusing me of being a hearts fan. Forgot the rest of the posts.

I have no problem changing my name to Robbo62 or Robbo07 if that makes people feel better and if you could kindy tell me how to do so that would be great.

Or you could not bow to pressure and call yourself whatever you feel like?

Robbo6-2
24-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Everyone happy now..

This place is unreal

Allant1981
24-07-2019, 05:14 PM
Everyone happy now..

This place is unreal

Ignore it mate

we are hibs
24-07-2019, 05:34 PM
Absolute weirdos getting all in a fluster over a username. Honestly get a grip.

04Sauzee
24-07-2019, 05:35 PM
Everyone happy now..

This place is unreal

I'll say it again your posts seem mostly possitive.

As the other poster said ignore folk

Lewiehas2
24-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Everyone happy now..

This place is unreal

Maybe they were confused by your positive comments, surely can't be a Hibs fan here :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
24-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Everyone happy now..

This place is unreal

Wait a minute! John Robertson once ate 6 pies in 2 mouthfuls!

SideBurns
24-07-2019, 05:49 PM
Everyone happy now..

This place is unreal

I suspect the irony of Lucy calling you a "Yam" might become clear in the near future.

Speedway
24-07-2019, 06:11 PM
I suspect the irony of Lucy calling you a "Yam" might become clear in the near future.

Indeed.

HibbyAndy
24-07-2019, 06:17 PM

:agree:

My yamomometer has been going ski wiff for weeks now

Hi Heid Yin
25-07-2019, 01:12 AM

I am aware of no such discussion..maybe because I don't trawl through every single thread and post.

I appreciate you enlightening me as to the posters credentials, but a little less of the sarcasm thank you..........I'm very much aware of the report button!

And just out of curiosity, when did calling out a potential jambo by a Hibby become: "this nonsense"?

Please elucidate on why you feel such a post is nonsense.

Sir David Gray
25-07-2019, 05:53 AM

So if we beat Elgin 3-0 tomorrow, Livingston would need to win 6-0 against Berwick Rangers and Hearts would need to win 5-0 against East Fife in order for us to miss out on being seeded.

They're not an impossible set of results but I do think if we win by three goals or more tomorrow night then we'll be ok.

Keith_M
25-07-2019, 08:29 AM
As a totally random question...

How many goals did John Robertson (Robbo) score against Hibs?

Barman Stanton
25-07-2019, 08:32 AM
As a totally random question...

How many goals did John Robertson (Robbo) score against Hibs?

27. As per the guys previous user name. We are either a trusting lot or some are naive as f***.....

Diclonius
25-07-2019, 08:32 AM
Everyone happy now..

This place is unreal

I heard Robbo stands for John Robertson and Hearts at one point scored six and two goals in separate games against us. I see through your disguise. :wink: