PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBS TV UPDATE

RSS Bot
23-07-2019, 10:40 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10144)

Diclonius
23-07-2019, 10:46 AM
Does this mean Hibs TV now blocks access from VPNs?

SouthMoroccoStu
23-07-2019, 10:49 AM

Time will tell

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 10:54 AM

I hope so.

Greenio
23-07-2019, 11:33 AM
No Android still then?

Arch Stanton
23-07-2019, 11:34 AM
I hope so.

Probably fairer if they just didn't stream at all. It's pretty arbitrary the way it is now.

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 11:34 AM
No Android still then?

I've never had a problem with Android.

matty_f
23-07-2019, 11:36 AM
Probably fairer if they just didn't stream at all. It's pretty arbitrary the way it is now.

In what way?

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 11:36 AM

In what way?

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 11:41 AM
In what way?

In what way?

:Ummm:

Arch Stanton
23-07-2019, 11:45 AM
In what way?

You can view it in France but not England; in N. Ireland but not Ireland.

If you make the choice to live abroad and can't get to games then you are catered for; if you can't make it through no choice of your own (being bedridden or suchlike) then you are not,

These are pretty arbitrary in my book.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2019, 11:47 AM

If you make the choice to live abroad and can't get to games then you are catered for; if you can't make it through no choice of your own (being bedridden or suchlike) then you are not,

It’s the law though, not Hibs decision

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 11:47 AM

Hibs can't legally stream games live in the UK, they can outwith the UK.

I don't think we have the same definition of "arbitrary".

Arch Stanton
23-07-2019, 11:52 AM
Hibs can't legally stream games live in the UK, they can outwith the UK.

I don't think we have the same definition of "arbitrary".

The law can't be arbitrary? Says who?

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 11:56 AM
The law can't be arbitrary? Says who?

UK - No
Outwith UK - Yes

That's not arbitrary. That's on/off. Binary. Crystal clear.

Bangkok Hibby
23-07-2019, 11:56 AM
This doesn't seem to be any different than Netflix or Amazon prime video for example

Arch Stanton
23-07-2019, 12:01 PM
UK - No
Outwith UK - Yes

That's not arbitrary. That's on/off. Binary. Crystal clear.

That's no kind of definition of arbitrary at all - no wonder we have different meanings - yours is made up.

Arbitrary is not the same thing as unclear btw (crystal or otherwise).

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 12:16 PM
That's no kind of definition of arbitrary at all - no wonder we have different meanings - yours is made up.

Arbitrary is not the same thing as unclear btw (crystal or otherwise).

It wasn't meant to be a definition, but an illustration of how the the current rule is anything but arbitrary.

If it's definitions you want -

Arbitrary
adjective
1. founded on or subject to personal whims, prejudices, etc; capricious
2. having only relative application or relevance; not absolute
3. (of a government, ruler, etc) despotic or dictatorial
4. mathematics not representing any specific value an arbitrary constant
5. law (esp of a penalty or punishment) not laid down by statute; within the court's discretion

RyeSloan
23-07-2019, 12:30 PM
It wasn't meant to be a definition, but an illustration of how the the current rule is anything but arbitrary.

Arbitrary
adjective
5. law (esp of a penalty or punishment) not laid down by statute; within the court's discretion

Funny as I would expect most people to think of arbitrary as something defined and absolute...then again maybe it was just me.

Clearly it’s nothing of the sort!

Greenio
23-07-2019, 12:30 PM
I've never had a problem with Android.

Really? On your phone aye? Last season they told me they don't support Android.

'We can only recommend the photon browser with flash for Androids as we have never supported android devices'

?

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 12:33 PM
Really? On your phone aye? Last season they told me they don't support Android.

'We can only recommend the photon browser with flash for Androids as we have never supported android devices'

?

Honestly on both android phones and tablets I've never had any problems (using chrome).

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190723/baf1e677240262aca97247d875851783.jpg

hibbyfraelibby
23-07-2019, 12:34 PM
No Android still then?

It works with Chrome which is a Google product on Google's Android platform

green&left
23-07-2019, 12:40 PM

I'd be surprised.

I was watching Netflix US on Sunday using my VPN no bother at all and i'd sure their systems will be a tad more advanced than Hibs and whoever they've partnered with. Hope thats the case anyway - can see me tuning in a few times this season if/when I can't make it.

calumhibee1
23-07-2019, 12:48 PM
I'd be surprised.

I was watching Netflix US on Sunday using my VPN no bother at all and i'd sure their systems will be a tad more advanced than Hibs and whoever they've partnered with. Hope thats the case anyway - can see me tuning in a few times this season if/when I can't make it.

What VPN do you use for that? I use Express VPN but it’s never managed to beat Netflix.

Antifa Hibs
23-07-2019, 12:50 PM
What VPN do you use for that? I use Express VPN but it’s never managed to beat Netflix.

Nord VPN works for me.

Can't cast it to the tele but can watch on PC/phone/tablet etc. Works for me anyway. Same with prime (or at least it did before i cancelled). Test it with a free trial.

Brightside
23-07-2019, 01:13 PM
Maybe get a few more coming to the games?

SouthMoroccoStu
23-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Maybe get a few more coming to the games?

Not always as simple as that

Sadly not all fans are lucky enough to live near ER/Leith/Edinburgh/East Central Scotland

I have a pal in Southampton that’s a massive hibee, had to move there for his wife’s job

Now he pays the club for an international subscription and watches the games live from a vpn on his pc

He doesn’t make a lot of games in a season but this help him watch the hibs and stay connected with his team

Maybe a tad naughty (cough illegal) but really what is the harm?!

He has pals that come round and watch the games so they now support hibs

I’ll really feel for him if he loses this service

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 02:17 PM

Sadly not all fans are lucky enough to live near ER/Leith/Edinburgh/East Central Scotland

I have a pal in Southampton that’s a massive hibee, had to move there for his wife’s job

Now he pays the club for an international subscription and watches the games live from a vpn on his pc

He doesn’t make a lot of games in a season but this help him watch the hibs and stay connected with his team

I can sympathise with that, but less so for those who live in Edinburgh but choose to watch the live stream instead of either going to the match or simply waiting for the replay a few hours later.

But for me the worst are those who brazenly rip off the live stream to rebroadcast it on Facebook or whatever. They're cheating the club, purely and simply.

Not In The Know
23-07-2019, 02:28 PM
A direct response to the plums that stream hibs TV on facebook.

Arch Stanton
23-07-2019, 02:30 PM
I can sympathise with that, but less so for those who live in Edinburgh but choose to watch the live stream instead of either going to the match or simply waiting for the replay a few hours later.

But for me the worst are those who brazenly ri opff the live stream to rebroadcast it on Facebook or whatever. They're cheating the club, purely and simply.

Totally agree with these. Just barring people from Edinburgh would be a lot fairer although, even if it were possible to do that, VPN would probably still be an end-around. :confused:

Brightside
23-07-2019, 02:30 PM

We had just over 5000 at the weekend. People arent all in Southhampton. Its a bit weird that so many complain about the team treating it like pre-season when most of the fans are doing the same. And with that im off to the game.

Hibs90
23-07-2019, 02:48 PM
But for me the worst are those who brazenly rip off the live stream to rebroadcast it on Facebook or whatever. They're cheating the club, purely and simply.

To be fair the Facebook streams have helped me out when I've been unable to make it to games in the past..

:greengrin

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 02:53 PM
To be fair the Facebook streams have helped me out when I've been unable to make it to games in the past..

:greengrin

The problem is how many are switching directly to Facebook instead of going to matches or subscribing to Hibs TV?

SMAXXA
23-07-2019, 02:54 PM
I wonder if folk will still get it on IPTV and such likes

Iggy Pope
23-07-2019, 02:54 PM

I live in Edinburgh but on holiday in September (my choice). My seat is bought and paid for already (twice if I give it back to the club to sell and chances are it will as I’m missing Hearts and Celtic) and I’ll grab any opportunity available to catch the game, particularly if it’s up for nowt on Facebook.

Hibs90
23-07-2019, 02:55 PM
The problem is how many are switching directly to Facebook instead of going to matches or subscribing to Hibs TV?

I don't doubt that, but not everyone that stays local has the means to go whether financial or whatever. Of course it is wrong/illegal though. The club should report the Facebook pages. Although if they did that more would just pop up.

Don't think they can win on this one. There is always a way.

Hibs90
23-07-2019, 02:56 PM
I wonder if folk will still get it on IPTV and such likes

Doubt it will be blocked, always a way to do it.

hongkonghibee
23-07-2019, 03:21 PM
I use Linux Ubuntu and Firefox. Never had a problem before logging on. Now I cannot log in. Cannot send a message either. It seems a little stupid to change the system a few hours before a live match... Why not wait until after the match, so we can have a few days to sort out the problems, download new browsers, etc...

Billy Whizz
23-07-2019, 03:40 PM
I use Linux Ubuntu and Firefox. Never had a problem before logging on. Now I cannot log in. Cannot send a message either. It seems a little stupid to change the system a few hours before a live match... Why not wait until after the match, so we can have a few days to sort out the problems, download new browsers, etc...

Send them an email, someone will pick it up

hongkonghibee
23-07-2019, 03:44 PM
Send them an email, someone will pick it up
Yes, I have done, and yes now after changing settings to "enable DRM to play" I can now watch a test video. Let's hope it works at kick off! I still think it would have been better to change the system at any time except just before a live match.

calumhibee1
23-07-2019, 03:45 PM
Nord VPN works for me.

Can't cast it to the tele but can watch on PC/phone/tablet etc. Works for me anyway. Same with prime (or at least it did before i cancelled). Test it with a free trial.

Thank you sir, will give that a go for Netflix.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2019, 03:46 PM
Yes, I have done, and yes now after changing settings to "enable DRM to play" I can now watch a test video. Let's hope it works at kick off! I still think it would have been better to change the system at any time except just before a live match.

Good luck, guys at the other end are always helpful

hongkonghibee
23-07-2019, 03:50 PM
For anyone using Linux, hibstv have sent me a link which shows how to enable DRM for Linux users.
https://itsfoss.com/netflix-firefox-linux/
Hope this is useful.

23-07-2019, 03:55 PM

Aha! At last, a new transfer rumour, I knew Heckingbottom was bluffing. Who does Linux Ubuntu play for and what's his position?

calumhibee1
23-07-2019, 05:11 PM
Disabling new subscriptions on the day of a game... :rolleyes:

My brother is in Canada on holiday and has just attempted to go on and sign up so he can watch it to be told he can't. What a load of pish. I'd imagine there'll be loads of overseas Hibbys who will have cancelled their subscriptions over summer and would be looking to start them back up today and now won't be able to.

CapitalGreen
23-07-2019, 05:16 PM

My brother is in Canada on holiday and has just attempted to go on and sign up so he can watch it to be told he can't. What a load of pish.

Surely there is better things to do on a holiday in Canada than watching Hibs v Arbroath in the league cup.

calumhibee1
23-07-2019, 05:17 PM
Surely there is better things to do on a holiday in Canada than watching Hibs v Arbroath in the league cup.

When you're there for 3 weeks there's plenty time available that you can spare a couple hours to watch your team one afternoon. That alright with you?

CapitalGreen
23-07-2019, 05:20 PM
When you're there for 3 weeks there's plenty time available that you can spare a couple hours to watch your team one afternoon. That alright with you?

Don’t think I’d bother tbh. Yeah it’s fine with me aye 👍

Vault Boy
23-07-2019, 05:21 PM

I don't know whether this is a joke or not, but you don't stop supporting your club just because you're on holiday.

Poe's Law and all that.

CapitalGreen
23-07-2019, 05:23 PM
I don't know whether this is a joke or not, but you don't stop supporting your club just because you're on holiday.

Poe's Law and all that.

Who said anything about stopping supporting your club?

calumhibee1
23-07-2019, 05:27 PM
Don’t think I’d bother tbh. Yeah it’s fine with me aye 👍

Lucky you’re not there then.

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 05:28 PM

My brother is in Canada on holiday and has just attempted to go on and sign up so he can watch it to be told he can't. What a load of pish. I'd imagine there'll be loads of overseas Hibbys who will have cancelled their subscriptions over summer and would be looking to start them back up today and now won't be able to.Maybe the club are taking this action because compared to the attendance at ER on Saturday, there was over half that number again who watched on an illegal Facebook stream?

People might think "HibsDaft" is doing them a favour, but don't forget he's effectively stealing from the club.

The_Horde
23-07-2019, 05:31 PM
We had just over 5000 at the weekend. People arent all in Southhampton. Its a bit weird that so many complain about the team treating it like pre-season when most of the fans are doing the same. And with that im off to the game.

I'm in the borders. Have a season ticket and also pay for a hibs tv subscription, sometimes I watch the games on IPTV if I can't get to them. Is that good with you?

Vault Boy
23-07-2019, 05:36 PM
Who said anything about stopping supporting your club?

I'd say watching the team is a big part of supporting them. You suggested they'd be better doing something else, which is quite odd IMO.

calumhibee1
23-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Maybe the club are taking this action because compared to the attendance at ER on Saturday, there was over half that number again who watched on an illegal Facebook stream?

People might think "HibsDaft" is doing them a favour, but don't forget he's effectively stealing from the club.

I don’t doubt that’s why. Just seems daft that on game day when they most likely get the vast majority of their subscriptions that they’d then disable the chance to do so.

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 05:41 PM
I don’t doubt that’s why. Just seems daft that on game day when they most likely get the vast majority of their subscriptions that they’d then disable the chance to do so.They must have their reasons.

Greenio
23-07-2019, 05:54 PM
It's a tough one.

Obviously you've got individual cases where people feel they are loyal enough to Hibs, either through having a ST, going to most games etc, that watching an illegal stream via FB now and again won't do any harm.

But, as others have pointed out, big picture is these illegal streams starve the club of revenue, either via people not buying a subscription to HibsTV or, worse, not buying tickets to the game.

sauzee6_2
23-07-2019, 06:29 PM
On holidays and missed the deadline - any links to the game would be greatly appreciated.

Please send a DM if not wanting to put public

hongkonghibee
23-07-2019, 06:35 PM
I'm getting the live video picture. Much better quality picture than before👍

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 06:43 PM
I'm getting the live video picture. Much better quality picture than before👍

:agree: Looks great.

SlickShoes
23-07-2019, 06:51 PM
My video quality is gash and now there arent controls to select the video quality or anything

Greenio
23-07-2019, 06:52 PM
No Cliff?

Unseen work
23-07-2019, 06:54 PM
All I’m getting is the Digital Media Services picture that says we will be back shortly?

Anyone else the same?

cabbageandribs1875
23-07-2019, 06:56 PM
logged in and they want me to pick a price plan.....i already have a freakin price plan, wtf is going on

contact them and you can only write one sentence :rolleyes:

quick reply, they've reset my account

sigh

Greenio
23-07-2019, 06:56 PM
My quality looks a lot worse than before although it's quite smooth

steve75
23-07-2019, 07:06 PM
Quality is well below what it used to be.

SMAXXA
23-07-2019, 07:09 PM
Can’t get it on IPTV Ma mate said 😂

Peevemor
23-07-2019, 07:11 PM
My quality has got worse, though that's probably my WiFi which has been dodgy of late.

BoltonHibee
23-07-2019, 07:13 PM
All I’m getting is the Digital Media Services picture that says we will be back shortly?

Anyone else the same?

Same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willis1875
23-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Up on Iptv now

BoltonHibee
23-07-2019, 07:31 PM
Working for me now. Very jumpy, picture quality terrible.

Sproule Three
23-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Best quality stream I’ve had . Crystal clear .

cabbageandribs1875
23-07-2019, 07:39 PM
audio cuts off....sounded like someone was tinkering with a telephone,

sigh

HibeesLA
23-07-2019, 07:46 PM
Best quality stream I’ve had . Crystal clear .

Interestingly, this is the poorest quality I’ve had for a long time. No buffering, but picture quality is extremely soft.

Don’t see anything that shows what quality it’s streaming at.

BoltonHibee
23-07-2019, 07:47 PM
Black screen... no video again

MileHighBees
23-07-2019, 07:49 PM
My video quality is gash and now there arent controls to select the video quality or anything

Yeah, strange that they've removed the 'video quality' / HD button :confused:
Guessing that it is now just chosen automatically based on connection speed ??
Personally my stream has been fine first half - maybe not quite as sharp as before but still pretty good.

Unseen work
23-07-2019, 07:51 PM
Black screen... no video again

Same as me, infuriating

SlickShoes
23-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Yeah, strange that they've removed the 'video quality' / HD button :confused:
Guessing that it is now just chosen automatically based on connection speed ??
Personally my stream has been fine first half - maybe not quite as sharp as before but still pretty good.

It's weird I'm on a gigbit connection here and it doesnt even seem like 1080p.

They are also advertising season tickets to us which is weird since we are all subscribed to the international service.....

Coco Bryce
23-07-2019, 07:54 PM
Sound like they are testing the new platform and flushing out all the illegal IPTV streams.

HibeesLA
23-07-2019, 07:54 PM

They are also advertising season tickets to us which is weird since we are all subscribed to the international service.....

Audio only is going into the UK I believe

SlickShoes
23-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Audio only is going into the UK I believe

Didn't think of that haha

Greenworld
23-07-2019, 07:58 PM
So is everyone's iptv sound only

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Willis1875
23-07-2019, 07:59 PM

Yeah it is now, was okay in the 1st half

HibeesLA
23-07-2019, 08:00 PM

If you’re in the UK. Outside UK, I have video, albeit worse quality than last year. It’s watchable, but it’s not HD quality

Greenworld
23-07-2019, 08:02 PM
Yeah it is now, was okay in the 1st halfOk so the iptv guys need to work out how to get round it again [emoji38]

Coco Bryce
23-07-2019, 08:03 PM
The guys voice you heard at half time sounded like someone reading out an identification number of the illegal stream. This it seems was then blocked. IPTV services will now struggle to show Hibs TV.

Sproule Three
23-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Interestingly, this is the poorest quality I’ve had for a long time. No buffering, but picture quality is extremely soft.

Don’t see anything that shows what quality it’s streaming at.

Ive got faster wifi now. Maybe that’s why.

MileHighBees
23-07-2019, 08:05 PM

If I had to guess, I'd say my stream is probably 480p today versus the 720p that I got before.
Still looks ok on the monitor that I'm watching it on.

cabbageandribs1875
23-07-2019, 08:10 PM
The guys voice you heard at half time sounded like someone reading out an identification number of the illegal stream. This it seems was then blocked. IPTV services will now struggle to show Hibs TV.

doesn't help when some on here are silly enough to broadcast that it's on IPTV :rolleyes: some things are best kept to oneself

SMAXXA
23-07-2019, 08:13 PM
doesn't help when some on here are silly enough to broadcast that it's on IPTV :rolleyes: some things are best kept to oneself

I don’t think it’s that big a secret to be honest

Coco Bryce
23-07-2019, 08:15 PM

Hardly a secret IPTV has been around for years.

cabbageandribs1875
23-07-2019, 08:20 PM
Hardly a secret IPTV has been around for years.

i didn't say it was a secret.......things get noticed when some continually 'brag' on here they are watching the game, again i'l say, somethings are best kept to oneself

FilipinoHibs
23-07-2019, 08:44 PM

Arbitrary
adjective

Philippines government bureaucracy is arbitrary.

IberianHibernian
23-07-2019, 09:14 PM
Rushed home from work and cause of delay only saw second half and listened to half time comments . Good quality sound and picture . Thank you Hibs TV . Liked the commentary - had read a few negative comments here about commentators at other games this month but was impressed tonight with same commentators . Of course commentators make mistakes with names at times but that has always happened on Hibs TV and always will since commentators don`t have benefit of technology of professional channels .

JackHibs
23-07-2019, 11:04 PM
Got up at 4:45 am in melbourne to watch and was very pleased with the quality - much better than i've seen before on Hibs TV live or highlights

Not convinced on the commentary though.. :greengrin

broonie27
24-07-2019, 12:00 AM
Last season I used Chromecast from my phone to view the match on my TV but today's game never give the Chromecast icon. Did anyone else have the same issue?

Big90inOz
24-07-2019, 01:47 AM
Excellent picture quality in Perth WA, looked sharper than normal and not a hint of buffering. If this is the standard going forward I will be extremely happy :thumbsup: Still miss the days of Boozy commentating, he use to get soooooooooooooo excited whenever the ball went into our box :greengrin

Man Down Under
24-07-2019, 02:24 PM
Last season I used Chromecast from my phone to view the match on my TV but today's game never give the Chromecast icon. Did anyone else have the same issue?Yeah I noticed that today. I'm in the UK now for a few weeksthough so don't get the international benefits. Hopefully casting will be available again. If not mirroring the screen will have to do.

Edit - actually, if they're trying to stop IPTV services maybe they are disabling Chromecast since I'm assuming it's harder to track the original device that is streaming the content.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Peevemor
24-07-2019, 02:32 PM
Last season I used Chromecast from my phone to view the match on my TV but today's game never give the Chromecast icon. Did anyone else have the same issue?

Same for me. I cast it from my laptop instead.

Gloucester Hibs
25-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Was anyone able to watch Hibs TV directly via a VPN on Tuesday night?

Callum7
25-07-2019, 11:22 AM
Was anyone able to watch Hibs TV directly via a VPN on Tuesday night?

Don’t think anyone will answer that in case they get bombarded with “you should’ve been at the game”. *cough* me *cough*

Gloucester Hibs
25-07-2019, 11:45 AM
Don’t think anyone will answer that in case they get bombarded with “you should’ve been at the game”. *cough* me *cough*

Hehe, cheers! That's good news. Subscribed last season on a rolling monthly basis and found the service to be generally pretty good. Obviously didn't want to sign up again this season if folk accessing it via VPN were getting blocked.