PDA

View Full Version : NHC Rehab for (The) Rangers Fans

Keith_M
23-07-2019, 09:55 AM
Fans of (The) Rangers caught singing sectarian songs are going to be sent in to Rehab*, (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-rehab-move-fans-caught-18653026) to help them mend their ways.

:faf:

It's going to fill up pretty quickly.

* Warning: this is a Daily Record link.

Diclonius
23-07-2019, 09:59 AM
I'm genuinely surprised Rangers are even admitting they have a sectarian problem let alone actively trying to fix it. I'm not convinced.

JeMeSouviens
23-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Fans of (The) Rangers caught singing sectarian songs are going to be sent in to Rehab*, (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-rehab-move-fans-caught-18653026) to help them mend their ways.

:faf:

It's going to fill up pretty quickly.

* Warning: this is a Daily Record link.

We tried to make them go to rehab - they said NO, NO, NO SURRENDER. Seriously, how bad do you have to be before they take your ST off you at Ibrox? The mind boggles. :confused:

JXM73
23-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Is the rehab at the local lodge?

DarlingtonHibee
23-07-2019, 11:57 AM

That made me laugh 😂

WhileTheChief..
23-07-2019, 12:34 PM
You’ve been saying for ages that Rangers should do something about it.

You should all be celebrating.

hibbyfraelibby
23-07-2019, 12:38 PM

No that's a Prefab...

HoboHarry
23-07-2019, 12:40 PM
No that's a Prefab...
Hate those things, they sprout up everywhere....

marinello59
23-07-2019, 12:46 PM
It’s a step in the right direction. Fans from other clubs should be applauding this so that the decent supporters of Sevco ( and there are many of them) feel encouraged to make their voices heard. Education will always be more effective than legislation when it comes to changing people’s attitudes. Fingers crossed.

Here’s Lucy!
23-07-2019, 12:47 PM

The local ‘winehouse’ more like.

Here’s Lucy!
23-07-2019, 12:48 PM

Even in Brussels.

edinburghhibee
23-07-2019, 01:36 PM
Was sitting in the anfield bar in Marmaris last week while they played... the English lads around us where actually laughing at there “**** the pope and the IRA” singing between simply the best.

Had to set them straight that we aren’t sectarian and they were under the impression that all scotland was that bad.

Scotland’s shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
23-07-2019, 02:57 PM
At least they are trying to make positive change. My worry is that, like with their previous campaigns against bigotry, such as Pride Over prejudice, it won't work because there's nothing they can do, when thousands of people are involved. I wish them well with it, but I think they are fighting a losing battle.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-07-2019, 03:21 PM
Never read so much crap in all my life, knuckle dragging **** then now forever..period.

marinello59
23-07-2019, 03:37 PM
Never read so much crap in all my life, knuckle dragging **** then now forever..period.

So we slag them off for doing nothing and when they do something, no matter how small, we slag them off? Do we want them to fix this or not? :confused:

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2019, 03:44 PM
They have a new campaign of inclusion #everyoneanyone. Love this reply

https://twitter.com/Stephen70Do/status/1153442578894938113?s=19

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-07-2019, 03:45 PM
So we slag them off for doing nothing and when they do something, no matter how small, we slag them off? Do we want them to fix this or not? :confused:

Seriously mate if you think this is going to work then think again. No chance despite their sentiments.

Hibernia&Alba
23-07-2019, 04:35 PM
They have a new campaign of inclusion #everyoneanyone. Love this reply

https://twitter.com/Stephen70Do/status/1153442578894938113?s=19

They've been trolled :greengrin

marinello59
23-07-2019, 04:39 PM
Seriously mate if you think this is going to work then think again. No chance despite their sentiments.

It might be a start. I won’t criticise them for trying something.

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2019, 04:51 PM
It might be a start. I won’t criticise them for trying something.

The trouble is, they have these wee speeches now and then, preaching about how they want to stop all the sectarianism and everything that goes with it.

Then they release an orange strip, they play simply the best before every game and actively encourage the exact opposite with their actions.

Its just another box ticking exercise, although i think deep down you really know that.

I'm pretty sure if we started with all this nonsense, our club would ban them and hound them out the club, they just pay it lip service, and NEVER really do anything about it as it would hurt them financially.

Keith_M
23-07-2019, 05:40 PM
At least they are trying to make positive change. My worry is that, like with their previous campaigns against bigotry, such as Pride Over prejudice, it won't work because there's nothing they can do, when thousands of people are involved. I wish them well with it, but I think they are fighting a losing battle.

Maybe I'm being cynical but I'm not convinced that this is anything more than a PR exercise, perhaps in preparation for the release of the SPFL's so far hidden report on Sectarianism in Scottish Football.

If you check the actual details, it's anybody that's had their Season Ticket revoked for homophobic, racist or sectarian remarks at Ibrox that are to be offered "re-education"... with the offer of their ban from Ibrox being revoked.

That's one or two people per year out of 50,000 bigots.

CMurdoch
23-07-2019, 10:21 PM
No that's a Prefab...

Hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque

Sir David Gray
23-07-2019, 10:30 PM

Sectarianism is far too profitable to them. Why would they want to make any serious efforts to clamp down on something that makes them so much money?

I'm not convinced.

Hibernia&Alba
23-07-2019, 11:13 PM
The trouble is, they have these wee speeches now and then, preaching about how they want to stop all the sectarianism and everything that goes with it.

Then they release an orange strip, they play simply the best before every game and actively encourage the exact opposite with their actions.

Its just another box ticking exercise, although i think deep down you really know that.

I'm pretty sure if we started with all this nonsense, our club would ban them and hound them out the club, they just pay it lip service, and NEVER really do anything about it as it would hurt them financially.

Sectarianism is far too profitable to them. Why would they want to make any serious efforts to clamp down on something that makes them so much money?

I'm not convinced.

These are very fair points. They've launched the rhetoric, are we now going to see the action to back it up, or will there be more orange strips? They should be held accountable. Time will tell how serious they are.