PDA

View Full Version : Pitch narrowing...Hasn’t happened.

kendev57
22-07-2019, 08:28 AM
Hey was at the game on Saturday obviously first time at Easter Road this season and noticed to my dismay we seem to have narrowed the pitch by quite a bit wondered if anybody else noticed or am I wrong

1 Gut feeling no club narrows the playing surface so as to play a more exciting free flowing style of play - usually more thinking of how to stop the more expensive play of opponents ( although not a bad thing I am more concerned about our style of play)

2 Also just to say I do remember when Levein did the same not so long ago we universally gave the some stick saying how it suited there style of crap hoofball football and how it was very negative

As I say not impressed but I wll at least give it time and hope I'm wrong :confused::confused::confused:

GGTTH

SaulGoodman
22-07-2019, 08:29 AM
It’s not been narrowed.

DarlingtonHibee
22-07-2019, 08:32 AM
Hey was at the game on Saturday obviously first time at Easter Road this season and noticed to my dismay we seem to have narrowed the pitch by quite a bit wondered if anybody else noticed or am I wrong

1 Gut feeling no club narrows the playing surface so as to play a more exciting free flowing style of play - usually more thinking of how to stop the more expensive play of opponents ( although not a bad thing I am more concerned about our style of play)

2 Also just to say I do remember when Levein did the same not so long ago we universally gave the some stick saying how it suited there style of crap hoofball football and how it was very negative

As I say not impressed but I wll at least give it time and hope I'm wrong :confused::confused::confused:

GGTTH

Maybe on the wrong site?

Cabbage East
22-07-2019, 08:37 AM
Didn't look any narrower to me.

Scouse Hibee
22-07-2019, 08:40 AM

GGTTH

Looked the same width as usual to me.

worcesterhibby
22-07-2019, 08:41 AM
Kenny Miller has already confirmed that the pitch has not been narrowed. time to go away and try to come up with another way of knocking the club you say you support.

I don't think Levein did narrow the hearts pitch either..it's always been tiny at Tynie...I think it was souness that did it in a European match for Rangers.

just noticed it's your first post....admins ? Jambo.

Carheenlea
22-07-2019, 08:45 AM
Is there some kind of optical illusion or work done that’s making people think this? Sure it was the Hibs Talk podcast guys who were remarking they thought the pitch had been narrowed while on a visit last week. I was behind dugouts on Saturday so didn’t get a view of it.

Hermit Crab
22-07-2019, 08:46 AM

GGTTH

It was Alloa that narrowed their already tight pitch, brought in by around 2yds at each side.

Keith_M
22-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Rangers did it for a European tie a few years ago and Hearts narrowed the pitch for their league games at Murrayfield to the same width as Tynecastle .

Hibs Twitter account said we have not narrowed the pitch.

Diclonius
22-07-2019, 08:58 AM
Looks like this misinformation is going to persist all season.

hibbyfraelibby
22-07-2019, 09:04 AM
Think the OP "S" Form signing forgot he was on .Net not Keekback😈

BoomtownHibees
22-07-2019, 09:07 AM
Killie done it a few seasons back as well. You could still see the old line markings and it was quite a major change

BoomtownHibees
22-07-2019, 09:08 AM
Is there some kind of optical illusion or work done that’s making people think this? Sure it was the Hibs Talk podcast guys who were remarking they thought the pitch had been narrowed while on a visit last week. I was behind dugouts on Saturday so didn’t get a view of it.

Maybe the run-off area in front of the east being tidied up makes it look like the pitch is further away??

Forza Fred
22-07-2019, 09:17 AM
Always suspicous when the first post is on a very negative subject and mentions how we treated the yams.

Or is it just me?

DarlingtonHibee
22-07-2019, 09:19 AM
Think the OP "S" Form signing forgot he was on .Net not Keekback😈

He is on the wrong site

Keith_M
22-07-2019, 09:21 AM
This was my view from the West Stand....

JXM73
22-07-2019, 09:22 AM

Here fishy fishy...

James Stephen
22-07-2019, 09:24 AM
The pitch hasn't been narrowed.

It looks the same from my seat in the east, and also the untidy and uneven edge where the grass meets the astro is still there and still untidy. If it has been moved, presumably it would be dead straight and look brand new, without overgrown bits.

mutley
22-07-2019, 09:27 AM

HAHAHAHAHA yeah and I see we have changed the colour of the seats too

Bostonhibby
22-07-2019, 09:36 AM
It's not actually narrowed, but it could be a good idea if we don't want to be able to play major games at our home ground anymore. It's what big teams do apparently.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Smartie
22-07-2019, 09:37 AM
HAHAHAHAHA yeah and I see we have changed the colour of the seats too

Have we bought Sunderland's old pink ones?

Bostonhibby
22-07-2019, 09:47 AM
Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
22-07-2019, 09:47 AM

GGTTH

It hasn't been narrowed. Odd comment.