PDA

View Full Version : New Season New Hopes

Wellbankhibby
21-07-2019, 07:34 PM
My hopes for the new season are very simple. See a good team on the park competing for the major Honours Playing good football and being hard to beat. On this site can we please cut down on all this guff in that anyone who has a different opinion they are called a jambo or a troll. I have been called this before and I have followed Hibs from the sixties. On a personal note I have never even been on any of their sites or fan zones. Why would you even browse these sites when your a Hibee. Too all genuine Hibs supporters please cheer the team on and all the best for the new Season. GGTTH.:flag:

Lancs Harp
21-07-2019, 07:39 PM
We are Hibs we rule supreme

Despite results :greengrin

:flag:

21-07-2019, 08:02 PM
My hopes for the new season are very simple. See a good team on the park competing for the major Honours Playing good football and being hard to beat. On this site can we please cut down on all this guff in that anyone who has a different opinion they are called a jambo or a troll. I have been called this before and I have followed Hibs from the sixties. On a personal note I have never even been on any of their sites or fan zones. Why would you even browse these sites when your a Hibee. Too all genuine Hibs supporters please cheer the team on and all the best for the new Season. GGTTH.:flag:

Jambos and trolls do post on here trying to stir up trouble so it is hardly surprising when comments which come across as being way over the top receive an accusation of being a Jambo or a troll. I'm sure the mods do a good job of weeding out the actual Jambos and trolls but some no doubt slip through the net.

Wellbankhibby
21-07-2019, 08:31 PM
Jambos and trolls do post on here trying to stir up trouble so it is hardly surprising when comments which come across as being way over the top receive an accusation of being a Jambo or a troll. I'm sure the mods do a good job of weeding out the actual Jambos and trolls but some no doubt slip through the net.
I have no doubt they do but it sometimes becomes monotonous when anyone differs opinions is called the names. As I said on a personal note I have never been on any of their sites and I never will.
I laugh sometimes as some posters are quick to post regards what's on their website. Why would you even go on their websites in fact why would anyone want to.

basehibby
21-07-2019, 10:24 PM
My hopes for the season? Get to a cup final - and win it! (A not unrealistic hope and not an expectation you understand)

Re the league I would hope for an improvement on last season - ie 3rd or 4th.

I would also hope to gub the Yams at every available opportunity - and the OF at least once each!

I would hope to see us beat every team in the league at least once - I can't remember us ever doing that in my lifetime although we've been close a couple of times (statto challenge in there somewhere).

The 90+2
21-07-2019, 10:33 PM
Make Europe and Hampden.

Hibeesmad
21-07-2019, 11:22 PM
Get into europe, beat hearts and the old firm, get to a cup final.

DTS
21-07-2019, 11:33 PM
Qualify for Europe
Win a trophy or at least visit hampden
Unbeaten against hearts
Unbeaten at home against old firm
Finish on higher points than the year before
Finish above hearts
Play good football and score a lot of goals

I’d say if you can get any 3 of them then you’d be looking at very successful season

Forza Fred
21-07-2019, 11:52 PM
my hopes for the new season are very simple. See a good team on the park competing for the major honours playing good football and being hard to beat. On this site can we please cut down on all this guff in that anyone who has a different opinion they are called a jambo or a troll. I have been called this before and i have followed hibs from the sixties. On a personal note i have never even been on any of their sites or fan zones. Why would you even browse these sites when your a hibee. Too all genuine hibs supporters please cheer the team on and all the best for the new season. Ggtth.:flag:

ltyf😉

Wellbankhibby
22-07-2019, 06:26 AM
ltyf😉
Typical mentality that lets you down and Hibs net.

Wellbankhibby
22-07-2019, 06:31 AM
My hopes for the season? Get to a cup final - and win it! (A not unrealistic hope and not an expectation you understand)

Re the league I would hope for an improvement on last season - ie 3rd or 4th.

I would also hope to gub the Yams at every available opportunity - and the OF at least once each!

I would hope to see us beat every team in the league at least once - I can't remember us ever doing that in my lifetime although we've been close a couple of times (statto challenge in th

ere somewhere).

Your post is exactly the same as mine apart from your silly comment about me not understanding. I have followed Hibs for many years to cup finals and many disappointments. Yes I understand ok. Shame you make this stupid comment when you don't even know me.

green day
22-07-2019, 06:37 AM
I hope that Hibs win the cup again.

@Wellbank - you need to re-read those posts. One was made in jest, the other you have misunderstood what he wrote.

BILLYHIBS
22-07-2019, 06:45 AM
To be better than last year and the year before

Cup win

Would like to see at least two quality players added to our squad before we can finally say we are done

Todi114
22-07-2019, 06:49 AM
Win Scottish cup
win league cup
qualify for europa League
finish above hearts
in order of precedence

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2019, 06:59 AM
If i'm honest, my expectations are much lower than recent seasons. I expect us to battle for a top 6 place, maybe winning it or maybe losing it.

Cant see this team making any inroads in the cups without a very favourable draw in each round.

I expect boring football and a team who will pass the ball around at the back with little invention in the middle of the park because of our slow play getting the ball to the likes of Allan and Mallan.

Unless we bring in some much better players wide and up front, and the defenders are quicker in getting the ball down and playing forward with some purpose, this is my expectations for the coming season.

we are hibs
22-07-2019, 08:05 AM
Getting to Hampden does nothing for me unless we are winning the cup. I get it's a day out for some but there is nothing worse than losing a semi final or final and having to leave that dump of a stadium in a dump of a city and it taking an age before you even get onto the m8.

WhileTheChief..
22-07-2019, 08:11 AM
I have no doubt they do but it sometimes becomes monotonous when anyone differs opinions is called the names. As I said on a personal note I have never been on any of their sites and I never will.
I laugh sometimes as some posters are quick to post regards what's on their website. Why would you even go on their websites in fact why would anyone want to.

I go on every other team's fans websites whenever we're playing them - I like to read what their fans think about their team etc.

It's also good to see how others see us sometimes and get a different take on things.

CloudSquall
22-07-2019, 08:19 AM
Hampden (if not winning a cup at least picking up a cash injection), Europe, top 4 and beating Hearts more often than not is a good season for me.

ekhibee
22-07-2019, 08:20 AM
If i'm honest, my expectations are much lower than recent seasons. I expect us to battle for a top 6 place, maybe winning it or maybe losing it.

Cant see this team making any inroads in the cups without a very favourable draw in each round.

I expect boring football and a team who will pass the ball around at the back with little invention in the middle of the park because of our slow play getting the ball to the likes of Allan and Mallan.

Unless we bring in some much better players wide and up front, and the defenders are quicker in getting the ball down and playing forward with some purpose, this is my expectations for the coming season.

This.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-07-2019, 08:21 AM
That we see 100% effort applied week in and week out. We get that and we will be fine.

Since452
22-07-2019, 08:25 AM
Bucking the trend but i actually think we'll do alright this season.

Carheenlea
22-07-2019, 08:41 AM
Don’t want to lose that feeling of really looking forward to going to watch Hibs, which has been there since Stubbs took charge and up to now, rather than the dread and sense of duty of dragging yourself along in hope rather than anticipation.

Bangkok Hibby
22-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Qualification for Europe. Be nice to show Ron the team is capable of generating extra income. On a personal level, finishing above Aberdeen so I can collect my side bets from Dons fans I work with 🤝🏻💵

SaulGoodman
22-07-2019, 01:52 PM
Your post is exactly the same as mine apart from your silly comment about me not understanding. I have followed Hibs for many years to cup finals and many disappointments. Yes I understand ok. Shame you make this stupid comment when you don't even know me.

Sum up Hibs.net in two posts.

Since452
22-07-2019, 02:02 PM
Qualification for Europe. Be nice to show Ron the team is capable of generating extra income. On a personal level, finishing above Aberdeen so I can collect my side bets from Dons fans I work with 🤝🏻💵

That would be particularly satisfying giving the Ojo carry on

jacomo
22-07-2019, 02:59 PM
Typical mentality that lets you down and Hibs net.

No really, clearly it was tongue in cheek hence the wink emoticon.

Don’t be so humourless.

ahibby
22-07-2019, 04:55 PM
I only want entertaining exciting football at ER. If that bears fruit then all the better.

basehibby
22-07-2019, 05:09 PM

:Ummm: You took offence so easily there you might as well have taken the garden gate as well!

Have another read - there was no dig intended for either you or anyone else in my comment - just clarifying for anyone reading that my hopes are merely hopes - rather than expectations - hence heading off anyone at the pass before they jump down my throat saying I'm too demanding of our new manager :aok:

Mac_17
22-07-2019, 07:43 PM
I’d be delighted with top 3 finish and a cup final (winning it obviously). I think we can beat Aberdeen to third realistically.

And if we could pump the maroon Hoof ball merchants in every derby match... that would be perfect 👌🏻 😂.