PDA

View Full Version : Folding Wheelchair storage

Hibby70
20-07-2019, 05:30 PM
My Dad has hip and back problems which is making walking to and from the ground extremely difficult. Today even walking back to the butterfly seemed too much for him.

I was thinking of buying a folding Wheelchair for the car but does anyone know if I'll be able to store it at the stadium during the game?

RoYO!
20-07-2019, 05:34 PM
Excellent question, there must be plenty of folk that are put off attending due to long walks to and from the ground.

Hibby70
20-07-2019, 06:56 PM
I have emailed the club after the game today. Think the outdoor escalator might be too much of an ask however.

hibbyfraelibby
20-07-2019, 06:59 PM
My Dad has hip and back problems which is making walking to and from the ground extremely difficult. Today even walking back to the butterfly seemed too much for him.

I was thinking of buying a folding Wheelchair for the car but does anyone know if I'll be able to store it at the stadium during the game?
Contact Ann Brown at the club.

DarlingtonHibee
20-07-2019, 06:59 PM
Think the club has a fte dealing with issues like this. Phone the club Monday.

Iggy Pope
20-07-2019, 07:03 PM
My Mrs’ Auntie (who no longer has a ST after being emptied out the FF Lower) had an agreement with the club shop who stored her walking frame for her.
Might not be something they do as common practice but it would be an idea to nip in and ask them.

Billy Whizz
20-07-2019, 07:09 PM
Think the club has a fte dealing with issues like this. Phone the club Monday.

Ann Brown, details at the bottom
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/pages/clubdirectory

hibeelin
20-07-2019, 07:22 PM

I store mine in the First Aid Room, think each stand has one. I chain wheelchair up with bike chain.

Haven’t had any problems.

Hibby70
20-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Ann Brown, details at the bottom
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/pages/clubdirectory

Cheers all. Will call on Monday.

Billy Whizz
20-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Cheers all. Will call on Monday.

Good luck
Post on here how it goes

Carheenlea
20-07-2019, 07:33 PM
A fan in the West stores his mobility scooter at the foot of the stairwell. Takes up more space than a foldaway wheelchair but is well out the way, so can’t see any problems storing a wheelchair in a similar fashion.

Hibby70
20-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Good luck
Post on here how it goes

Will do. I've dropped her a text.

He was talking about giving it up so hopefully this is a solution. Getting him to sit in a wheelchair will be the next challenge as I think he feels a bit embarrassed by that notion.

Billy Whizz
20-07-2019, 07:41 PM

He was talking about giving it up so hopefully this is a solution. Getting him to sit in a wheelchair will be the next challenge as I think he feels a bit embarrassed by that notion.

We want every fan who can get along to ER, to support the Hibees!
Fingers crossed you can find a positive solution

CMurdoch
20-07-2019, 11:42 PM
A fan in the West stores his mobility scooter at the foot of the stairwell. Takes up more space than a foldaway wheelchair but is well out the way, so can’t see any problems storing a wheelchair in a similar fashion.

I noticed one parked up inside the East stand today

CMurdoch
20-07-2019, 11:46 PM

If it's the difference between going or not going to the game he will eventually cave.
Offer him a spiderman mask if he is embarrassed about being recognised in the chair :wink:.