PDA

View Full Version : Fraser murray and Scott Allan

AugustaHibs
20-07-2019, 04:24 PM
Much improved when they came on. A lot more movement and finding positions difficult to mark. Well done both

MWHIBBIES
20-07-2019, 04:26 PM
Definitely changed it, just wish Flo had been left on to link up with them.

The 90+2
20-07-2019, 04:27 PM
I hope Scotty was just given the first half off because I’ve no idea why he didn’t start.

Since452
20-07-2019, 04:27 PM
I really think Fraser Murray will do well this season

Malthibby
20-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Murray did very well, Allan was the best player on the pitch by the proverbial mile.
So glad he's back.
GG

500miles
20-07-2019, 04:34 PM
Both players were willing to take the ball and carry it, and we looked like a different team for it.

eastcoasthibby
20-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Murray did very well, Allan was the best player on the pitch by the proverbial mile.
So glad he's back.
GG

Both made a real difference it's worrying that we will have a huge dependence on Scott Allan ...in that if he is missing for any reason then we will struggle. I sincerely hope Josh Vela is a bit of quality as well because I am just not sure we have enough quality in the team .

Unseen work
20-07-2019, 04:36 PM
I wouldn’t read too much into the starting line up.

Last week flo and Boyle sat out to do more fitness as they weren’t going to get enough minutes, this week it seems it was other players turn.

Seems he wanted to try a 442 which unfortunately doesn’t suit Scotty, could play him wide at a push but have good options there already with Horgan and Boyle.

451/433/4231 - whatever you want to call it will be out system this season. Boyle Allan and Horgan behind the striker and will drop back when opposition have the ball

B.H.F.C
20-07-2019, 04:42 PM

To link up with them he would have had to make some runs and put a bit of effort in and he’s no very keen on that.

A striker had to be sacrificed to get them on the pitch in the right positions. Correct decision.

Allant1981
20-07-2019, 04:47 PM
They played well together, was impressed with murray when he came on, the ball through for the 1st goal was a bit of class

B.H.F.C
20-07-2019, 04:49 PM
Actually thought Murray had more of an impact out of the two. Added some energy.

MWHIBBIES
20-07-2019, 04:49 PM
To link up with them he would have had to make some runs and put a bit of effort in and he’s no very keen on that.

A striker had to be sacrificed to get them on the pitch in the right positions. Correct decision.

Absolute rubbish, he was doing plenty work, much more than Doidge next to him.

Folk just have an agenda against Flo and won't let the cliches go. Definitely wasn't lacking effort today.

Allant1981
20-07-2019, 04:52 PM

Folk just have an agenda against Flo and won't let the cliches go. Definitely wasn't lacking effort today.

Thought flo was alright but in all honesty it could have been either of them that got taken off, think we need another forward on the books

stoneyburn hibs
20-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Still early days but it's great to see Fraser having an impact, hopefully he keeps getting game time.

As for Allan, he showed glimpses of what we can expect this season. He's going to be so influential.

DetroitHibs
20-07-2019, 04:54 PM

Hecky made the right call. The players he brought on changed the game and Doidge scored.

CapitalGreen

Kamberi was the better of the 2 strikers first half.

B.H.F.C

Hahaha. He got hooked at half time for a reason.

No agenda here. Silly response.

B.H.F.C
20-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Kamberi was the better of the 2 strikers first half.

Disagree. Much of a muchness for me, admittedly they didn’t have much to work with.

The one in front of the east stand right before half time, when Kamberi showed no interest in going in to challenge, probably made up Heckingbottom’s mind.

Shrekko
20-07-2019, 05:05 PM

He was taken off cos he cannae link with anybody.

Col2
20-07-2019, 05:20 PM

Which is why I believe we are happy to welcome good offers for him and replace with McNulty who can link up and more of a partner as a front two.

Arch Stanton
20-07-2019, 05:22 PM

A midfield with two wide and one deep, it was left to Campbell to provide any service. Not Kamberi's fault IMO.

HibeesLittleHel
20-07-2019, 05:32 PM
It seemed to me that Mallan and Allan we’re both trying to take the same space and got in each other’s way a lot. Should we have both in the team?

DTS
20-07-2019, 05:34 PM
It seemed to me that Mallan and Allan we’re both trying to take the same space and got in each other’s way a lot. Should we have both in the team?

Yes 100% as stevie mallan was the anchor and Scott Allan on the left of the three, when playing 4-3-3 your three CM’s will be very close together and interchange but mallan was very obviously the deepest other than when Scott Allan dropped to get the ball a few times

1van Sprou7e
20-07-2019, 05:44 PM
I hope Scotty was just given the first half off because I’ve no idea why he didn’t start.

Assume it's about getting other players match fit

SANH 1875
20-07-2019, 05:51 PM

Kamberi is technically poor, if you dont have a decent first touch then you cant link effectively with anyone. Too often he needs two or more touches to control the ball and plays with his head down as opposed to head up to do that linking. I think he wants to play like someone who is more skilful than he actually is and struggles to do that. If you have a poor touch then adapt and use your body to protect the ball and link/ keep the ball that way.

The_Horde
20-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Kamberi is technically poor, if you dont have a decent first touch then you cant link effectively with anyone. Too often he needs two or more touches to control the ball and plays with his head down as opposed to head up to do that linking. I think he wants to play like someone who is more skilful than he actually is and struggles to do that. If you have a poor touch then adapt and use your body to protect the ball and link/ keep the ball that way.

Kamberi doesn't have a poor first touch.

SANH 1875
20-07-2019, 06:04 PM

Your right, its really poor

The_Horde
20-07-2019, 06:06 PM
Your right, its really poor

You're hilarious. Ever thought of doing stand up?

SANH 1875
20-07-2019, 06:08 PM
You're hilarious. Ever thought of doing stand up?

so you think he has a decent first touch then?

SquashedFrogg
20-07-2019, 06:11 PM
Disagree. Much of a muchness for me, admittedly they didn’t have much to work with.

The one in front of the east stand right before half time, when Kamberi showed no interest in going in to challenge, probably made up Heckingbottom’s mind.

That incident sums him up for me. Excellent opportunity as their keeper was out of position, and he couldn't be bothered to make the effort.

Stil to be convinced by him.

The_Horde
20-07-2019, 06:12 PM
so you think he has a decent first touch then?

I think he has a good enough first touch and I've seen it many times. I think he asks for the ball in situations where he shouldn't sometimes though, and loses the ball because of it.

Inexperience.

I wasn't there today though so I can't comment on today's efforts. But its worth noting that players are still trying to brush off the cobwebs and get their rhythm before the start of the season.

SquashedFrogg
20-07-2019, 06:13 PM

He certainly doesn't have a good one.

MWHIBBIES
20-07-2019, 06:16 PM

I usually base my opinions on players on more than then being subbed. He definitely was not the problem first half.

B.H.F.C
20-07-2019, 06:17 PM
I usually base my opinions on players on more than then being subbed. He definitely was not the problem first half.

So do I funnily enough. He wasn’t the only problem, but he was part of it.

As we saw in the second half.

DTS
20-07-2019, 06:22 PM
I don’t think flo was the issue the formation was we weren’t stretching them wide enough playing a flat 4-4-2, the change to 4-3-3 was key. I actually felt at the game we were playing nice passes and working it well second half and not hitting as many crosses as I expected with keeping doidge on, kamberi probably would’ve been a better fit to the style we played second half through balls etc as doidge main strength looks to be early good crosses which we didn’t really do today, albeit think we’ll see more of it with more natural forward thinking full backs such as mackie/Stevenson on the left and James being able to play RB with his stronger foot as we seen it is delightful

SANH 1875
20-07-2019, 06:23 PM
I think he has a good enough first touch and I've seen it many times. I think he asks for the ball in situations where he shouldn't sometimes though, and loses the ball because of it.

Inexperience.

we can agree to disagree re his touch, for me it's more often on the poorer side than good. Re your second point that's kind of what I mean, he thinks he's better than he is and gets caught out trying to do something that he struggles to execute. Might well be inexperience, Hecky needs to give him direction if he's willing to take it.

tamig
20-07-2019, 07:58 PM
Both made a real difference it's worrying that we will have a huge dependence on Scott Allan ...in that if he is missing for any reason then we will struggle. I sincerely hope Josh Vela is a bit of quality as well because I am just not sure we have enough quality in the team .

I’m away for the weekend so couldn’t make the game today. How on earth is it a worry that we have such a huge xependency on Scotty? Thats
Life i’m afraid. Scotty’s don’t grow on trees - as we all know.

MWHIBBIES
20-07-2019, 08:01 PM
So do I funnily enough. He wasn’t the only problem, but he was part of it.

As we saw in the second half.

How did we see that 2nd half? Doidge offered very little and we still weren't good.

B.H.F.C
20-07-2019, 08:04 PM
How did we see that 2nd half? Doidge offered very little and we still weren't good.

We drew the first half 0-0. And won the second half 2-0. Created a lot more.

Work it out from there.

BoomtownHibees
20-07-2019, 08:08 PM

Maybe offered “very little” in your eyes but he scored so surely offered more than Kamberi no??

RMQ1967
20-07-2019, 08:09 PM

Honestly his first is absolutely terrible - I don't know what's happened but it definitely deteriorated & even simple balls to his feet can bounce a meter or 2 away from him. Had a few nice touches today but one in particular was just awful stuff.

Hibee Mac
20-07-2019, 08:14 PM
I can see Fraser Murray stepping up to be a first team regular this year, the lad looks really promising.

CockneyRebel
20-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Actually thought Murray had more of an impact out of the two. Added some energy.

I thought this too.

FitbaFolkKen
20-07-2019, 08:47 PM

Because these games are about fitness, Heckingbottom has already said that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FitbaFolkKen
20-07-2019, 08:51 PM
I thought Flo looked sharper than he has in a while first half. Several nice one touch lay offs or balls down the side. Pressing the ball and retaining it. Then he got mugged by the Alloa right back and all of a sudden he is having a mare.

He’s a quality striker and if we can get him back on song we will have a great season.

B.H.F.C
20-07-2019, 08:53 PM
Because these games are about fitness, Heckingbottom has already said that.

Today was about winning more than it was fitness.

And Heckingbottom also said he had to make a tactical change, so Kamberi wasn’t hooked for fitness reasons.

matty_f
20-07-2019, 09:02 PM
Today was about winning more than it was fitness.

And Heckingbottom also said he had to make a tactical change, so Kamberi wasn’t hooked for fitness reasons.

We won and improved fitness. Go us!

Vault Boy
20-07-2019, 09:02 PM
I was definitely encouraged by Fraser's performance today. I sincerely mean this as a compliment, he reminds me in some ways of Alex Harris when he broke through. Has a similar natural speed and control when dribbling, but his ball retention and work rate was a touch above.

I think he's gonna make a decent impact this year.

cmcd
20-07-2019, 09:06 PM
When Flo first came in many fans were thrilled by his play and his goal scoring and rightly so .Now because he is going through a tough time he is being called hopeless. I have an idea why not get behind him and hopefully he will get back to the player we know he can be

MWHIBBIES
20-07-2019, 09:19 PM
Maybe offered “very little” in your eyes but he scored so surely offered more than Kamberi no??

He didn't score in the 45 minutes both were on, though. Kamberi might've scored 2 second half, who knows?

BoyledEgg
20-07-2019, 09:40 PM

He does, probably the worst at the club.

Eyrie
20-07-2019, 10:14 PM
The second half midfield was suited to today's game against a team that came to defend but not to hack. It's too lightweight for a league match.

That said, I enjoyed watching the three of them.

ahibby
20-07-2019, 10:15 PM

Yes the reason being rotation for game time.

B.H.F.C
20-07-2019, 10:17 PM
Yes the reason being rotation for game time.

No it wasn’t.

basehibby
21-07-2019, 02:11 AM

I agree I don't think he's lacked for effort and attitude today. He has been frustratingly prone to taking the wrong decisions sometimes though - not that today was a prime example of that - although his detractors don't need much excuse to start haranguing. I have seen with my own eyes how devastatingly effective Flo can be - however he always did look like he had some raw edges to knock off his game and I think that's what is forgotten sometimes.

we are hibs
21-07-2019, 06:14 AM

Statements like this are ridiculous. You would think it's bouncing off his feet and landing 30 yards away the way some go on about this mythical bad first touch.

Unseen work
21-07-2019, 07:28 AM
Thought Allan looked good when he came on, very strong and athletic and was quick to make up ground and close down the opposition, winning possession on a lot of occasions.

I like Murray, think he receives the ball on the turn very well and has a good eye for a pass and the quality to execute it. Big season for him and it will be hard for him to break in the team but a good challenge none the less.

Vela alongside Allan with Mallan sitting just behind them will hopefully add a lore more energy and bite to us.

For me the second half showed signs of what we willl he defensively, it’s not necessarily closing down as in the man on the ball, it’s the players around him and the lack of options he will have, forcing them to play it back or do a long switch which allows us to shuttle across as a team.

Once Boyle and Vela get up to speed we will again see a lot more energy and pressing.

EVENTUALLY
21-07-2019, 07:56 AM

Kamberi's first touch is not good enough for a player playing centre forward. Darren McGregor occasionally displays a poor touch but invariably uses his strength or a second touch welly to eliminate being dispossessed. IMHO the rest of the first team regulars and of the new recruits that I have seen all have a better touch than the Swiss. Any centre forward is more often than not going to be closely challenged by a defender when attempting to control a pass or loose ball which will make the task more difficult, however Flo's consistent inability to take a ball and make an effective pass,run or shot is letting him and the team down. Doidge keeps it simple, takes a touch and looks to lay it off, he is better and easily braver in the air than Flo and is a willing runner. Flo is going to be under pressure to start games unless he improves his technique. I'd look to transfer Flo and try to bring back McNulty who would be ideally suited to playing alongside Doidge.

BILLYHIBS
21-07-2019, 08:25 AM
I was very impressed with Allan and Murray yesterday

They were the difference

I also thought Jackson looked a good player last week at Stirling calm and assured

If we get offered 2m for Kamberi take it. :greengrin

Davy Mac
21-07-2019, 08:27 AM
I was very impressed with Allan and Murray yesterday

They were the difference

I also thought Jackson looked a good player last week at Stirling calm and assured

If we get offered 2m for Kamberi take it. :greengrin

Part of me thinks that's what is holding up the McNulty deal.

Bangkok Hibby
21-07-2019, 08:43 AM
Statements like this are ridiculous. You would think it's bouncing off his feet and landing 30 yards away the way some go on about this mythical bad first touch.

It happens too often to be mythical. 30 yards or 1 yard, if he loses control its all the same. Much better running on to a ball which is why we're all expecting better things from him with Scott Allan through balls.

danhibees1875
21-07-2019, 09:33 AM
Scott Allan was tremendous yesterday. First I'd seen of him since the 5-5 game and he's going to be a highlight of the season ahead. He just oozes class and his work rate and commitment yesterday was fantastic. :thumbsup:

Also thought Murray was very good. Hopefully he completely ran off the knock he took in a 50/50.

Be interesting to see how much game time Murray gets once the squad is all back and settled but hopefully he gets a few chances this year.

21-07-2019, 09:40 AM
I think it is a confidence thing with Kamberi. Nobody thought he had a poor first touch in his loan spell or in the early part of last season IIRC. It seems like it coincided with his playing with an injury and Lennon's public criticism of him, along with the team's drop in form. That brought about a bit of a loss in confidence, a symptom of which is an occasional poor 1st touch.

Hopefully this season he gets his mojo back.

BoyledEgg
21-07-2019, 09:46 AM

It does bounce off his feet, his control is terrible. Lennon started playing him as a target man last season and he couldn’t play that role, because his touch was so but. I actually thought he played a bit better yesterday, a couple of times the ball was played into him and he could lay it off and spin away, but the service to him was so bad that it was impossible for him to get into the game.

But when the ball is played into him for him to hold it up he loses the ball more often than not.

Eyrie
21-07-2019, 09:48 AM
I agree I don't think he's lacked for effort and attitude today. He has been frustratingly prone to taking the wrong decisions sometimes though - not that today was a prime example of that - although his detractors don't need much excuse to start haranguing. I have seen with my own eyes how devastatingly effective Flo can be - however he always did look like he had some raw edges to knock off his game and I think that's what is forgotten sometimes.

Kamberi didn't have a good game for me yesterday. He didn't get into the right areas to threaten and there were a couple of times when he chose not to challenge for a loose ball.

I wasn't surprised to see him removed at half time, and want to see him play better in future because we know he can do it.

BoyledEgg
21-07-2019, 09:54 AM
Kamberi's first touch is not good enough for a player playing centre forward. Darren McGregor occasionally displays a poor touch but invariably uses his strength or a second touch welly to eliminate being dispossessed. IMHO the rest of the first team regulars and of the new recruits that I have seen all have a better touch than the Swiss. Any centre forward is more often than not going to be closely challenged by a defender when attempting to control a pass or loose ball which will make the task more difficult, however Flo's consistent inability to take a ball and make an effective pass,run or shot is letting him and the team down. Doidge keeps it simple, takes a touch and looks to lay it off, he is better and easily braver in the air than Flo and is a willing runner. Flo is going to be under pressure to start games unless he improves his technique. I'd look to transfer Flo and try to bring back McNulty who would be ideally suited to playing alongside Doidge.

I thought Kamberi looked a bit better than Doidge yesterday, but there was zero creativity for them yesterday, one of them was going to get hooked and it was a 50/50 between them. When we did get into decent positions the final ball was terrible. Horgan, Boyle and Whittaker either hit the first man or put the ball behind for a goal kick. I think Kamberi will be in for Doidge on Tuesday night. I can’t see us playing with 2 up front this season unless we go to a 3-5-2 formation which I don’t think Heckingbottom has ever used.

Big_Franck
21-07-2019, 10:02 AM
All in all it was another poor performance yesterday but for me Murray was the highlight. Always looked to get on the ball, he beat the first man with ease at times, linked well with the forward players and played a great ball for the all important first goal. He looks like he's bulked up a fair bit as well. Really looking forward to seeing more of him.

wookie70
21-07-2019, 10:04 AM
All in all it was another poor performance yesterday but for me Murray was the highlight. Always looked to get on the ball, he beat the first man with ease at times, linked well with the forward players and played a great ball for the all important first goal. He looks like he's bulked up a fair bit as well. Really looking forward to seeing more of him.

I agree with this Allen did well but Fraser was the difference. He always looks to do something positive and we looked dangerous down the right as soon as he came on. Hope he makes the breakthough this year

EVENTUALLY
21-07-2019, 10:57 AM
I thought Kamberi looked a bit better than Doidge yesterday, but there was zero creativity for them yesterday, one of them was going to get hooked and it was a 50/50 between them. When we did get into decent positions the final ball was terrible. Horgan, Boyle and Whittaker either hit the first man or put the ball behind for a goal kick. I think Kamberi will be in for Doidge on Tuesday night. I can’t see us playing with 2 up front this season unless we go to a 3-5-2 formation which I don’t think Heckingbottom has ever used.

Agreed, however with better delivery Doidge would be a much better option than Flo who is timid and weak in the air. What was a positive for me was that with two relatively big men up front we didn't just lump it up to them. There was a genuine effort to build play from wide areas and supply crosses.

Iain G
21-07-2019, 11:13 AM

Is it worse than Ron's? :-)

MWHIBBIES
21-07-2019, 11:20 AM
Agreed, however with better delivery Doidge would be a much better option than Flo who is timid and weak in the air. What was a positive for me was that with two relatively big men up front we didn't just lump it up to them. There was a genuine effort to build play from wide areas and supply crosses.
If we played good football then Flo is a better option because he's definitely a better footballer. Having a forward just to win headers is wrong, especially considering he's missed 3 easy headed chances already in 2 games.

Allant1981
21-07-2019, 11:23 AM
If we played good football then Flo is a better option because he's definitely a better footballer. Having a forward just to win headers is wrong, especially considering he's missed 3 easy headed chances already in 2 games.

We were playing ok when heckingbottom took us up the league yet kamberi still wasnt at the races(albeit out of position)I like kamberi but he needs to up his game big time

MWHIBBIES
21-07-2019, 11:35 AM
We were playing ok when heckingbottom took us up the league yet kamberi still wasnt at the races(albeit out of position)I like kamberi but he needs to up his game big time

He actually needs a chance to up his game, he got 45 minutes in a team with no midfield yesterday.

Kamberi had some good games early in Heckingbottoms days, Dundee, Hamilton, Motherwell and Rangers he was good.

Allant1981
21-07-2019, 12:02 PM
He actually needs a chance to up his game, he got 45 minutes in a team with no midfield yesterday.

Kamberi had some good games early in Heckingbottoms days, Dundee, Hamilton, Motherwell and Rangers he was good.

Yip he needs a chance but good players make opportunities for themselves and kamberi doesnt look like he is capable at the moment of doing that, or taking the game by the scruff of the neck and changing things, yesterday in the 1st half we were crying out for that and he didnt have that impact, hopefully he gets another chance on tuesday

Eyrie
21-07-2019, 12:18 PM
I'd give Kamberi the start in a 4-3-3 against either Arbroath or Elgin, but he needs to make the most of the opportunity if he's to be competition for and not the back up to Doidge.

MWHIBBIES
21-07-2019, 12:20 PM
Yip he needs a chance but good players make opportunities for themselves and kamberi doesnt look like he is capable at the moment of doing that, or taking the game by the scruff of the neck and changing things, yesterday in the 1st half we were crying out for that and he didnt have that impact, hopefully he gets another chance on tuesday
No one made an impact first half, no one made an impact at Stirling. Why is Flo singled out?

The good players make opportunities isn't true because Scott Allan sat at Celtic never featuring at all. He needs chances and trust. Not hooked after 45.

Allant1981
21-07-2019, 12:24 PM
No one made an impact first half, no one made an impact at Stirling. Why is Flo singled out?

The good players make opportunities isn't true because Scott Allan sat at Celtic never featuring at all. He needs chances and trust. Not hooked after 45.

He is one of our better players so people have expectations, when he is playing well he is possibly the best player at the club, I meant during a game he needs to make his own opportunities, scott allan not getting a game for celtic is slightly different