PDA

View Full Version : Trolling

ekhibee
18-07-2019, 09:01 AM
There doesn't seem to be so many Yam trolls lingering around Hibs.net these days, which is good news. Just an observation.

J-C
18-07-2019, 09:02 AM
there doesn't seem to be so many yam trolls lingering around hibs.net these days, which is good news. Just an observation.

ltyf 😋

The_Horde
18-07-2019, 09:04 AM
There's a serious lack of trolls in general. Maybe they've changed their style?

tonyrougier123
18-07-2019, 09:06 AM
There's a serious lack of trolls in general. Maybe they've changed their style?

They have no style ffs,like there team can only play one way. HOOF!!

Pretty Boy
18-07-2019, 09:19 AM
There hasn't been many undercover Hearts fans on here for years despite the assertions of a few posters. In the early days of message boards it wasn't uncommon and the whole internet was a bit more 'nerdy' in those days so infiltrating a rivals site was probably a good laugh. The forum platform is increasingly dated and it's possible to just blatantly troll on platform such as Twitter without having to back up or defend your stance; with that being the case why go to the bother of trying to obscure your identity on a forum.

I often read posts about this site 'crawling' with Hearts fans and quite often get PMs stating that x, y or z is 'definitely a Hearts fan' and I don't think any of these accusations have ever been correct. The vast majority of people on here are genuine Hibs fans, some are moaners and some are negative but they are still Hibs fans.

SaulGoodman
18-07-2019, 09:23 AM
There hasn't been many undercover Hearts fans on here for years despite the assertions of a few posters. In the early days of message boards it wasn't uncommon and the whole internet was a bit more 'nerdy' in those days so infiltrating a rivals site was probably a good laugh. The forum platform is increasingly dated and it's possible to just blatantly troll on platform such as Twitter without having to back up or defend your stance; with that being the case why go to the bother of trying to obscure your identity on a forum.

I often read posts about this site 'crawling' with Hearts fans and quite often get PMs stating that x, y or z is 'definitely a Hearts fan' and I don't think any of these accusations have ever been correct. The vast majority of people on here are genuine Hibs fans, some are moaners and some are negative but they are still Hibs fans.

Sniff sniff

My_Wife_Camille
18-07-2019, 09:27 AM

The lady doth protest too much imo

The 90+2
18-07-2019, 09:34 AM
Wasn’t what people said on Saturday?

hibbyfraelibby
18-07-2019, 09:35 AM
The lady doth protest too much imo
Did you just assume PB's gender?

Forza Fred
18-07-2019, 10:30 AM
It’s the Trolls Trades Fortnight.

Sure they will be back after their hols.

My_Wife_Camille
18-07-2019, 10:43 AM
Did you just assume PB's gender?
I already have my own. Don’t need to assume anyone else’s

matty_f
18-07-2019, 11:09 AM
Tbf, they're woeful at it. No imagination, no sense of humour, and lacking in intelligence.

FilipinoHibs
18-07-2019, 11:25 AM
There are still a few. They mainly play up Hearts and make out they are not as as on and off the pitch.

Then there are Hibs fans who are objectively critical about the club or may point out something that is proven to be true but is unpopular and difficult for some to swallow. This latter group are often portrayed as Yams.

Barman Stanton
18-07-2019, 11:31 AM
There are still some Im sure. Is there not someone claiming to be a Hibs fan called Robbo27 :faf:

Forza Fred
18-07-2019, 11:43 AM
There are still some Im sure. Is there not someone claiming to be a Hibs fan called Robbo27 :faf:

Yep.

Not even trying to hide it.

WhileTheChief..
18-07-2019, 11:45 AM
Then there are Hibs fans who are objectively critical about the club or may point out something that is proven to be true but is unpopular and difficult for some to swallow. This latter group are often portrayed as Yams.

Anyone accusing a Hibs fan of being a Hearts fan on here should be launched. Well, a temp ban at the very least!

Here’s Lucy!
18-07-2019, 11:59 AM
Yep.

Not even trying to hide it.

Seems the most obvious one.

jacomo
18-07-2019, 12:10 PM
Seems the most obvious one.

You too love.

Barman Stanton
18-07-2019, 12:13 PM
You too love.

:agree:

Northern Hibby
18-07-2019, 12:21 PM
Sleepers just waiting for the order 😴

Here’s Lucy!
18-07-2019, 12:27 PM
You too love.

:confused:

jacomo
18-07-2019, 12:53 PM
:confused:

Confused?

I don’t know, so I might be wrong, but I think you’re a Jambo infiltrator. Because you post like one.

Here’s Lucy!
18-07-2019, 01:04 PM
Confused?

I don’t know, so I might be wrong, but I think you’re a Jambo infiltrator. Because you post like one.

Well, let me assure you, you are wrong.

Firstly, I wouldn’t know how a ‘Jambo infiltrator’ would post anyhow and, secondly, how do you?

SideBurns
18-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Confused?

On the transfer thread, about Cummings:

"Does anyone know who he supported as a boy?"

You might be on to something, Jacomo...

Iggy Pope
18-07-2019, 01:42 PM
I already have my own. Don’t need to assume anyone else’s

Now, there’s some wit. Positively Grouchoesque. I laughed.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2019, 01:44 PM
Well, let me assure you, you are wrong.

Firstly, I wouldn’t know how a ‘Jambo infiltrator’ would post anyhow and, secondly, how do you?

Don’t care about you being a sparryheid but I got the Bobby Darin stuff and your Username. Who is that lovely old lady in your avatar now though?

Here’s Lucy!
18-07-2019, 02:07 PM
Don’t care about you being a sparryheid but I got the Bobby Darin stuff and your Username. Who is that lovely old lady in your avatar now though?

Right.

No sparryheid, for sure!

Well spotted on the Bobby Darin, Mack the Knife, Lucy Brown stuff though! :aok:

The lady you ask about is just someone I happened upon, who is called Lucy Brown. Nothing more sinister than that, Your Holiness.

Lucy

Iggy Pope
18-07-2019, 02:09 PM
Right.

No sparryheid, for sure!

Well spotted on the Bobby Darin, Mack the Knife, Lucy Brown stuff though! :aok:

The lady you ask about is just someone I happened upon, who is called Lucy Brown. Nothing more sinister than that, Your Holiness.

Lucy

She looks a proper sort.

Here’s Lucy!
18-07-2019, 02:15 PM
She looks a proper sort.

A lady. :not worth

Nothing more needs said!

18-07-2019, 02:15 PM

My guess is she's Liam Henderson's great granny.

Carheenlea
18-07-2019, 02:17 PM
Going “undercover” on a rival fan’s message board is a pretty pointless exercise when most forums are available to read without signing up. Suppose some entertainment might be got from winding up your rival fans, but the novelty would surely wear off after a handful of posts. I spend enough time on Hibs.net as it is without other forums to read through.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2019, 02:18 PM

She’s too old for that. I could be his great granny.

Here’s Lucy!
18-07-2019, 02:21 PM

And she still ‘delivers’!

Moulin Yarns
18-07-2019, 03:04 PM
I think most trolling occurs in the Holy Ground.

Pete
18-07-2019, 03:19 PM
The only Lucy Brown I know is the one who always pulls the football away when Charlie Brown tries to kick it.

You learn something new every day.

Here’s Lucy!
18-07-2019, 03:27 PM
The only Lucy Brown I know is the one who always pulls the football away when Charlie Brown tries to kick it.

Lucy Brown was an 18th century ‘lady of the night’ who associated with a highwayman named Captain Macheath. This fellow became known as Mack the Knife.

As you allude to, every day is a school day.

Pete
18-07-2019, 03:42 PM
Lucy Brown was an 18th century ‘lady of the night’ who associated with a highwayman named Captain Macheath. This fellow became known as Mack the Knife.

Good grief!😮

malcolm
20-07-2019, 10:59 AM

Kurt Weill’s Mackie Messer - rrrrrrreally gut :wink:

https://youtu.be/eCLZJYHpEgc

Keith_M
20-07-2019, 11:17 AM

There's also the rather attractive English Actor/Actress (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1374033/?ref_=tt_cl_t6) (whatever) that co-starred in Primeval.

Bookkeeper
20-07-2019, 11:36 AM
Kurt Weill’s Mackie Messer - rrrrrrreally gut :wink:

https://youtu.be/eCLZJYHpEgc

Ute Lemper on hibs.net.....seen it all now :greengrin:not worth:flag:

Here’s Lucy!
20-07-2019, 11:57 AM
There's also the rather attractive English Actor/Actress (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1374033/?ref_=tt_cl_t6) (whatever) that co-starred in Primeval.

She’s also a tattoo artist and a tennis player.

This girls list of talents is endless. :wink:

Hibrandenburg
20-07-2019, 07:33 PM
Going “undercover” on a rival fan’s message board is a pretty pointless exercise when most forums are available to read without signing up. Suppose some entertainment might be got from winding up your rival fans, but the novelty would surely wear off after a handful of posts. I spend enough time on Hibs.net as it is without other forums to read through.

I think the logic behind their thinking is to stir up discontent amongst the rival fans by concentrating on any negatives and amplifying them out of all proportion and in the hope of getting real Hibs fans to turn on individual players, the team and the club management. You just have to look at the amount of posters who are all over the threads when we're having a bad day but never turn up on a good day. Unfortunately it's difficult to distinguish them from all the moaning faced twats in our support but they're there.

matty_f
20-07-2019, 07:58 PM
I think the logic behind their thinking is to stir up discontent amongst the rival fans by concentrating on any negatives and amplifying them out of all proportion and in the hope of getting real Hibs fans to turn on individual players, the team and the club management. You just have to look at the amount of posters who are all over the threads when we're having a bad day but never turn up on a good day. Unfortunately it's difficult to distinguish them from all the moaning faced twats in our support but they're there.

There’s a lot of truth in your post.

Leith Green
20-07-2019, 08:00 PM
I ****ing hate hearts ...

FitbaFolkKen
20-07-2019, 08:32 PM

I dunno, the booing of our own player today surprised me. Based on that the nonsense on here is pretty tame as it isn’t directed at a person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
20-07-2019, 09:04 PM
I dunno, the booing of our own player today surprised me. Based on that the nonsense on here is pretty tame as it isn’t directed at a person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s also a lot of truth in your post :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
20-07-2019, 09:14 PM

Yes so true. I tend to keep away from here on bad results or when we have played poorly against a poor team (last three weeks). I prefer to sulk on my own and be brought any further down.

Just Alf
21-07-2019, 07:56 AM
Yes so true. I tend to keep away from here on bad results or when we have played poorly against a poor team (last three weeks). I prefer to sulk on my own and be brought any further down.You, me, both!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk