PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: JOSH VELA BECOMES SIGNING NUMBER SEVEN

RSS Bot
17-07-2019, 03:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10125)

BlackSheep
17-07-2019, 03:31 PM
Another out of the blue signing, a few rumours on here over the past few days, good work on those who called this.

Northernhibee
17-07-2019, 03:31 PM
Good signing!

Diclonius
17-07-2019, 03:32 PM
The perfect answer to the Ojo saga. Excellent signing, Hibs.

sauzee=legend
17-07-2019, 03:32 PM
Happy with that 👍🏻
Welcome to Easter Road

yerauldda
17-07-2019, 03:33 PM
Very good pedigree. Well done Hibs.

PatHead
17-07-2019, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the greatest club in the world.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2019, 03:36 PM
Carlos' brother? 😉

Since452
Genuine wow. Great signing

Sean1875
Who the **** is Funso? Welcome Josh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
17-07-2019, 03:37 PM
Wow that’s a bit of a coup, he was highly rated. Good on the lad for not following the money.

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2019, 03:38 PM
Am i the only one who knows nothing about him, like every signing we've made this window bar Allan?

Lee Marvin
17-07-2019, 03:39 PM
Am i the only one who knows nothing about him, like every signing we've made this window bar Allan?

I've not heard of him either, so know he is no good

Pretty Boy
Excellent signing and a good indicator that the recruitment team actually know what they are doing and have more than one option for each position.

The 90+2
Welcome Mr Vela.

Fantastic piece of business on paper 👍

lord bunberry
17-07-2019, 03:40 PM
Probably not, but he seems to have been highly thought off and was expected to go to a championship club.

The Spaceman
A football guru who sits next to me is saying this is a brilliant bit of business. Don't know much about him myself but by all accounts a big coup by us! :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
Very good pedigree. Well done Hibs.

Better pedigree than that bloke that signed for Aberdeen. :greengrin

The 90+2
Excellent signing and a good indicator that the recruitment team actually know what they are doing and have more than one option for each position.

By the sounds of it we have been working on this for a long time indicating there will be another in for the failed Ojo deal (hopefully)

blackpoolhibs

How can you know he's no good if you have never heard about him before?

WeeRussell
17-07-2019, 03:41 PM

Nope - have a quick scan on Twitter and you’ll find plenty of people that not only haven’t heard of him, but are also keen to equate their lack of knowledge to a poor signing.

Lee Marvin
17-07-2019, 03:42 PM

Played for league 1 club. Rubbish level. That's logical surely?

Am I doing it right?!

sauzee=legend
17-07-2019, 03:42 PM
Happy with that 👍🏻
Welcome to Easter Road

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2019, 03:43 PM

Am I doing it right?!

Cant see why anyone would say or even think this.

BlackSheep
17-07-2019, 03:43 PM
A lot of players called Josh in the squad now lol..... might have to rename a few!!

Hibernian Verse
17-07-2019, 03:44 PM
So we miss out on a League 1 standard player, and sign a player who has spent 3-4 seasons playing a lot of football in the English Championship. Super.

hibbyfraelibby
17-07-2019, 03:44 PM
Did we just use Ojo as a smokescreen to sneak Josh in on the quiet and force MacInnes's hand into commiting a sizable wedge of his budget on our 2nd choice so he couldn't compete on financial terms?

Hibby Gav
17-07-2019, 03:46 PM
“I’VE COME HERE TO PUSH HIBS ON”
By: Hibernian Media on 17 Jul, 2019 16:33

It’s a long time since Josh Vela sat down for an introductory interview.
The midfielder was part of the furniture at Bolton after a 17-year spell with The Trotters.
With the club enduring a difficult period on and off the park, Josh admits it was a wrench to leave in some respects, but he had no hesitation in putting pen to paper on a three-year contract at Easter Road.
Josh, what attracted you to Hibernian?
It was a few things, really. I fancied a change, in a new environment. Last season at Bolton wasn’t great on a personal level and the problems there have been well documented. I hope there are better times ahead because the club means a lot to me. The staff did so much to help me out over the years and I had a good relationship with the supporters so they all deserve to enjoy their football again. My agent mentioned Hibs had been really persistent, which is what you want to hear as a player, to feel wanted. When I did my homework it all looked good, so here I am. I want to get back to my best and, ultimately, I’ve come here to push Hibs on.
What did Paul Heckingbottom say he expected from you?
We had a really good chat and it made a big impression on me. He went into real detail about what he wants – from me as a person and a player – and how he thoughts I could deliver on those specifics. I’ve not seen that before. I give 100 per cent in every game. I like to get on the ball, to make things happen and I’m not afraid to get stuck in. I don’t mind a tackle.
As you said, it’s a new environment for you. How much do you know about Scottish football?
I’m always watching football from all over, so I’ve seen Scottish football on television for years. Coming here to play in some big games was a real incentive. From the people I spoke to and what I know from doing some homework of my own, Hibs seem to be a club on the up who are doing things the right way. I want to be part of that.
Is it fair to say Christian Doidge had a word in your ear?
Christian has been on at me! He sent a few messages, telling me to get myself up the road, what a great set-up there is here and how I’d like the gaffer. He’s not wrong. Like I said, my first impressions of the gaffer were good, and the training ground is top class.
Christian’s only just in the door here as well, obviously. What should supporters anticipate from him?
Christian is a really good lad who will be popular in the dressing room. He’s lively and likes a laugh at the right times and he’s a really good player. I’d expect him to score a good few goals up here because he certainly has it in him.
Our season has started and most of the boys have been here for a few weeks now. How is your own fitness?
Clearly there is no substitute for games, so it will take me a bit of time to get fully up to speed, but I have been doing as much as I can on my own in preparation for getting fixed up. I’ve been working hard every day with a personal trainer for the last few weeks so hopefully I can bed in quickly and show what I’m all about.

B.H.F.C
Continues the theme of ‘lower league’ players from England.

Over a hundred games in the championship though.

yerauldda
Better pedigree than that bloke that signed for Aberdeen. :greengrin

My thoughts exactly. I wonder if the failure to get him made Hibs push the boat out a little more to secure Vela.

jeffers
17-07-2019, 03:47 PM
I've never heard of him either, but Bolton fans seem to rate him highly so that's encouraging.

Sounds indeed like we've been working on this for a while, in addition to Ojo, so by that logic I'd still expect another midfielder in. I wonder what it means for Omeonga ?

greenpaper55
A lot of players called Josh in the squad now lol..... might have to rename a few!!

Gosh Josh !

Sean1875
Did we just use Ojo as a smokescreen to sneak Josh in on the quiet and force MacInnes's hand into commiting a sizable wedge of his budget on our 2nd choice so he couldn't compete on financial terms?

I’m prepared to go out on a limb and say categorically 100% this is what we planned, Hecky one step ahead the whole way! :greengrin

Lee Marvin

I, like many on this forum, ken my football.

Hecky clearly doesn't judging by all these lower league signings who have played awful in preseason (unlike all of stubbs/Lennon's signing btw).

Jim44
17-07-2019, 03:48 PM

Am I doing it right?!

Is that not a wee whoosh moment for you BH? I think his tongue’s sticking through his cheek. Or is this a whoosh one for me? :greengrin

Steven79
17-07-2019, 03:49 PM

Could well be.

I know what one I would rather have!

Gordy M
17-07-2019, 03:50 PM
https://twitter.com/velajosh25/status/1125295959641067520

Link to when he left Bolton......semed to be very much a fans favourite:aok:

LancashireHibby
17-07-2019, 03:53 PM
Top drawer when he first came through at Bolton - I saw us win at Sunderland when they were in the Prem and we were in the Championship and even as a teenager he was the best player on the pitch by a mile. Lost his way a bit through one way or another but if he gets his head down then he could do really well. Another one to add to the “played for both clubs” list!

jeffers
17-07-2019, 03:55 PM
Top drawer when he first came through at Bolton - I saw us win at Sunderland when they were in the Prem and we were in the Championship and even as a teenager he was the best player on the pitch by a mile. Lost his way a bit through one way or another but if he gets his head down then he could do really well. Another one to add to the “played for both clubs” list!

What kind of player is he LH ?

Speedway
17-07-2019, 03:57 PM

He's a number 6. All rounder.

flash
17-07-2019, 03:59 PM
Notice Bolton players are refusing to play tonight due to not being paid for 20 weeks! I reckon he will be overjoyed just to have some stability.

LancashireHibby
17-07-2019, 04:02 PM
Plays best just off the front man I feel and is always keen to press high up the field but he’ll do fine anywhere in midfield really. Lennon played him at right back but that was mainly because he used a bingo machine to select his line up.

Lee Marvin
17-07-2019, 04:02 PM
Is that not a wee whoosh moment for you BH? I think his tongue’s sticking through his cheek. Or is this a whoosh one for me? :greengrin

I can confirm it's a 'whoosh' for one of you... :greengrin

Jim44
17-07-2019, 04:08 PM
I can confirm it's a 'whoosh' for one of you... :greengrin

If it’s me, I think it might have been a double ‘whoosh’.

hughio
17-07-2019, 04:08 PM

Theres a hint of a good chant for this boy in the Bolton fans FB comments:-

"Viva Josh Vela" to the tune of "Viva las Vegas" presumably.
Nice and simple.

:thumbsup:

17-07-2019, 04:12 PM
Who the **** is Funso? Welcome Josh!

Sounds like the makings of a song.

Who, who, who? Who the **** is Ojo?

Every time Vela wins the ball.

Welcome to Hibs Josh.

Northernhibee
17-07-2019, 04:12 PM
Plays best just off the front man I feel and is always keen to press high up the field but he’ll do fine anywhere in midfield really. Lennon played him at right back but that was mainly because he used a bingo machine to select his line up.

Doesnt sound like him.

Onceinawhile
17-07-2019, 04:14 PM
Never heard of him and a bit disappointed that despite him being called vela, he appears to not be Mexican or even Hispanic.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2019, 04:17 PM

You'll not need to buy a bigger boat quite yet! 😉

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2019, 04:17 PM
You'll not need to buy a bigger boat quite yet! 😉

:wink:

Inconsequential
17-07-2019, 04:21 PM
Welcome to Hibs Josh from all at Hibs.net. You have been selected as the new scapegoat and before we have even seen you kick a ball you are officially rated as totally gash. But welcome... :rolleyes:

AugustaHibs
17-07-2019, 04:24 PM
Welcome to Hibs Josh from all at Hibs.net. You have been selected as the new scapegoat and before we have even seen you kick a ball you are officially rated as totally gash. But welcome... :rolleyes:

Stop greeting. Nobody has actually said anything like this?

Lago
17-07-2019, 04:25 PM
Wow that’s a bit of a coup, he was highly rated. Good on the lad for not following the money.

Maybe McInnes's car broke down :greengrin

Groathillgrump
17-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Welcome Josh. :aok:

Hopefully we can all lighten up a bit after missing out on Ojo and celebrate the fact that we appear to have signed a player with a far better pedigree.

Hannah_hfc
17-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Welcome to Hibs Josh!

Some of the replies on twitter are tragic and embarrassing. Reminds me of the comments when we signed SDG a few years ago [emoji848]

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2019, 04:32 PM

Buy it now BH! 😆

Inconsequential
17-07-2019, 04:33 PM
Stop greeting. Nobody has actually said anything like this? Are you sure? Why the question mark Paul? You're not sure are you? I'm certainly not greeting either. But thanks for your input.

The Captain....
Admit to not knowing much about the lad prior to him signing but a quick google suggests he is a highly rated, energetic player who will add a bit of drive to the team. Looks like he had attracted a fair amount of interest over his time at Bolton.

HibbyAndy
Welcome to Hibs Josh!

Some of the replies on twitter are tragic and embarrassing. Reminds me of the comments when we signed SDG a few years ago [emoji848]

:agree:

Iv'e steered well clear , Same with Facebook , He's garbage before the guy has even played a game for us !:rolleyes:

2 iconic captains Rob Jones and SDG came from Grimbsy and Burton albion FFS

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2019, 04:34 PM
Buy it now BH! 😆

I wonder if PH touched him? :greengrin

The Wireless
17-07-2019, 04:35 PM
:flag:

Am I doing it right?!.

Is that the league a fella called Dylan cannae get a game in ??

Lee Marvin
17-07-2019, 04:37 PM
If it’s me, I think it might have been a double ‘whoosh’.

Definitely a double

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2019, 04:38 PM
I wonder if PH touched him? :greengrin

Para Handy? 🚣

Inconsequential
17-07-2019, 04:48 PM
Never heard of him and a bit disappointed that despite him being called vela, he appears to not be Mexican or even Hispanic. You must be disappointed for sure but look on the bright side - he isn't Welsh. :wink:

Hi Heid Yin
17-07-2019, 04:49 PM

Don't worry Blackpoolhibs....You are not alone!

I really have no idea how good or bad (Allan aside) our new signings are...and am putting my trust in Hecks knowing what he is doing and who he is signing.

I've got butterflies at what lies ahead, and don't know if its through excitement or trepidation.

Oh yes, welcome to our club, Josh!

kaimendhibs
Excited about this lads pedigree

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

The 90+2

Who actually said that?? Don’t let me stop you ripping into the site though.

Inconsequential
17-07-2019, 04:58 PM
Who actually said that?? Don’t let me stop you ripping into the site though. OK that's fine. Are there some posters that can actually understand a tongue in cheek post? Dearie me...

jeffers
17-07-2019, 04:59 PM

Cheers LH, good to get the opinion of someone who had seen him play.

HFC93
17-07-2019, 05:00 PM

Joe Newall is the designated scapegoat for the 19/20 season. Josh Vela should be in the clear.

One Day Soon
17-07-2019, 05:04 PM
I'm hearing we're in for Miguel Drome to play alongside him. Apparently plays for Peloton in French lower leagues just now.

stoneyburn hibs
17-07-2019, 05:04 PM
Great pedigree and potential, well done Hibs.

B.H.F.C
17-07-2019, 05:06 PM
I wonder if we are still looking for another player in the middle of the park?

From what I’ve read Vela doesn’t seem to be that defensively minded or the type to take the ball from the back four and get us playing. Maybe Heckingbottom just isn’t interested in that type for the way he wants to play.

lyonhibs
17-07-2019, 05:07 PM

Unacceptable spelling, get rid. Petriiiiieeee!!

GloryGlory
17-07-2019, 05:09 PM
I'm hearing we're in for Miguel Drome to play alongside him. Apparently plays for Peloton in French lower leagues just now.

So our scouting team got on their bikes and went on a Tour de France and now we're going to have a Veladrome midfield? :greengrin

Inconsequential
17-07-2019, 05:09 PM
Joe Newall is the designated scapegoat for the 19/20 season. Josh Vela should be in the clear. Got it! :wink:

JohnMcM
17-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Welcome Josh, and a belated welcome to all our new signings. Get out there lads and show a lot of people that they were wrong to judge you so quickly.

Speedway
17-07-2019, 05:14 PM
I thought wee Ron said there wouldn't be an influx of South Americans coming in.

First signing under his ownership? Vela!

Wee Ron is not to be trusted.

Inconsequential
17-07-2019, 05:15 PM
I wonder if we are still looking for another player in the middle of the park?

From what I’ve read Vela doesn’t seem to be that defensively minded or the type to take the ball from the back four and get us playing. Maybe Heckingbottom just isn’t interested in that type for the way he wants to play. On Wiki it says he is also a defender... another midfielder that could fill in at the back when required?

Inconsequential
17-07-2019, 05:18 PM
Welcome Josh, and a belated welcome to all our new signings. Get out there lads and show a lot of people that they were wrong to judge you so quickly.

:flag: Well said John.

The_Exile
17-07-2019, 05:21 PM
Was an absolute superstar in a West Ham football manager save I had a few years ago, so this is technically a better signing than Sauzee. Or something. Welcome Josh, nae pressure.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2019, 05:22 PM
On Wiki it says he is also a defender... another midfielder that could fill in at the back when required?

Dinnae let the Jambos read that, we'll need to suffer the songs again! 😳

neil7908
17-07-2019, 05:22 PM
Very impressed by his background. Sounds like exactly what we need, has loads of experience at a good level and still only 25.

Hoping for a couple more in but this definitely helps to lift the mood a bit.

cabbageandribs1875
17-07-2019, 05:28 PM
very surprised we managed to keep this quiet from Mcinnes and Ross jack

like what i read, welcome josh

Keith_M
17-07-2019, 05:29 PM
Yet another lower league, no-mark reject.

Welcome aboard, you'll fit in just fine

👍

HoboHarry
17-07-2019, 05:32 PM

👍
Belt up you......

HoboHarry
17-07-2019, 05:34 PM

They knew all right but big Daz had them both in a headlock for two days while we convinced Vela to sign....

Joe6-2
17-07-2019, 05:35 PM

Am I doing it right?!

😂😂

HibbyKeith
17-07-2019, 05:36 PM

👍

:yawn:

Chorley Hibee
17-07-2019, 05:37 PM

Ok, I freely admit I just bloody googled this to check him out before realising what an idiot I was! 😂🙈

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2019, 05:37 PM

I'd rather Jack than Pittodrie Mack 🎶

HoboHarry
17-07-2019, 05:39 PM
:yawn:
Did you feel a gush of air shoot over your head by any chance?

judas
17-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Welcome the lad. He has appeared consistently for Bolton over a few years. Still young and I think we should make this guy very welcome at our club.

neil7908
17-07-2019, 05:43 PM
Reading a few articles about him and some interesting stuff:

- scored 9 goals from midfield when Bolton were promoted from league 1
- Hull were after him this summer before their manger left
- this time last year The Sun (I know) were saying Blackburn wanted to pay £5m for him
- played right back, defensive midfield and attacking midfield at Bolton

J-C
17-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Couple guys heard a wee whisper earlier and delighted this is our new signing, just what we need.

ThatDayInMay
17-07-2019, 06:01 PM
Interesting read folks

👇👇👇

https://trib.al/TkWmXmh

theonlywayisup
17-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Unfortunate choice of picture on the BBC website. Of all the pictures that they could have chosen, why choose this one?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/480/cpsprodpb/4007/production/_107919361_gettyimages-1073855276.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49023723

17-07-2019, 06:20 PM

Sold him a dummy.

Diclonius
17-07-2019, 06:29 PM
All things considered, if we were in for both Ojo and Vela at the same time, who would be consider to have better pedigree?

MyJo
17-07-2019, 06:31 PM
Must admit to not knowing much about him but from what I'm seeing its got the makings of a good signing.

Lots of experience at Championship level and will hopefully bring the dig we've been missing since McGinn left.

Did have to laugh at this part in his Wikipedia page:

Under Neil Lennon's management, in the 2014–15 season, Vela has been playing at right back ahead of the more experienced Kevin McNaughton and fellow youth graduate Oscar Threlkeld.

Good old Lenny, playing a central midfielder at right back rather than two actual right backs :hilarious

Clarence
17-07-2019, 06:32 PM
All things considered, if we were in for both Ojo and Vela at the same time, who would be consider to have better pedigree?

This guy will be streets ahead of Funso the Clown.

Torto7
17-07-2019, 06:45 PM
I wonder if we wanted Ojo and Vela or it was one or the other? The fee we agreed with S****horpe wasn't needed here unless we used some of it as a signing on fee. I suspect we wanted both and it wouldn't surprise me to see another midfielder come in along with Omeonga.

B.H.F.C
17-07-2019, 06:48 PM
I wonder if we wanted Ojo and Vela or it was one or the other? The fee we agreed with S****horpe wasn't needed here unless we used some of it as a signing on fee. I suspect we wanted both and it wouldn't surprise me to see another midfielder come in along with Omeonga.

I still think we will see another midfielder as well. We can probably take our time a bit now though.

Stuart93
17-07-2019, 06:49 PM
I still think we will see another midfielder as well. We can probably take our time a bit now though.

I can’t help but shift the feeling that we’ll see omeonga back

MyJo
17-07-2019, 06:50 PM
Is it too early to suggest a song to the tune of Umbrella by Rhianna :greengrin

Bonus points if we can trash Ojo in it too

Onion
17-07-2019, 06:52 PM
Looks like a vg signing after the disappointment of Ojo. Suspect we've pushed the boat out to get this lad in his prime and encourage him up to ER. Looks likes a perfect fit for our midfield.

B.H.F.C
17-07-2019, 06:54 PM
Looks like a vg signing after the disappointment of Ojo. Suspect we've pushed the boat out to get this lad in his prime and encourage him up to ER. Looks likes a perfect fit for our midfield.

Yeah I reckon we’ll be paying him a few quid and/or a decent signing on fee. We’ve never replaced McGinn’s energy in the middle of the park, hopefully this is a step towards doing that.

Stokesy's on fire
17-07-2019, 06:55 PM

Vela by a mile

bingo70
17-07-2019, 06:59 PM
Yeah I reckon we’ll be paying him a few quid and/or a decent signing on fee. We’ve never replaced McGinn’s energy in the middle of the park, hopefully this is a step towards doing that.

Interesting that we have been very persistent in getting him. Suggests we were trying to get him and Ojo.

I’ve been more than a bit negative about our transfer dealings so far but another midfielder and winger and I might just crack a smile.

Surely to got one of them will be foreign though.

B.H.F.C
17-07-2019, 07:03 PM
Interesting that we have been very persistent in getting him. Suggests we were trying to get him and Ojo.

I’ve been more than a bit negative about our transfer dealings so far but another midfielder and winger and I might just crack a smile.

Surely to got one of them will be foreign though.

I think at this stage in the window we are better, numbers wise, than we have been in previous years.

We just need to see how those that we do have turn out to be quality wise.

SMAXXA
17-07-2019, 07:07 PM
Shot in the arm for us spoon burners. Well done the club, we are doing well with so many players so called better teams wanted down south, if they turn out to be a success is as much a risk as anyone.

Good luck to the boy, winds of change are sweeping through ER

Lancs Harp
17-07-2019, 07:14 PM
I think Vela will make more impact than OJo who to be honest despite being in England I have never heard of. Vela is more than decent. Was seen as a great prospect a few seasons ago but lost his way a little in the turmoil that is currently Bolton Wanderes. Good positive signing for me. Welcome on board Josh enjoy the ride fella

04Sauzee
17-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Charlie Adam seems to rate him and thinks he will be a good signing

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Looks like a vg signing

Spar for the course.

Hibtastic
17-07-2019, 07:25 PM
My mate is a Bolton fan (I have every sympathy for him right now) and he rates Vela extremely highly. Looks like we got a good one here.

Scouse Hibee
17-07-2019, 07:29 PM
I love these signings that just seem to happen without weeks of speculation. Another permanent signing is fantastic as it gives us that continuity of squad from one season to the next. Can’t wait for the first league game when hopefully we can get off to a flying start.

JohnMcM
17-07-2019, 07:35 PM

No need to. That episode is over. We can, and perhaps, just let it go.

WillowbraeHibby
17-07-2019, 07:55 PM
My mate is a Bolton fan (I have every sympathy for him right now) and he rates Vela extremely highly. Looks like we got a good one here.

Going by the replies to his tweet, he was well thought of, and rated well.

Keith_M
17-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Belt up you......

:na na:

greenlex
17-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Spar for the course.

👏👏👏👏

jacomo
17-07-2019, 08:19 PM
I can’t help but shift the feeling that we’ll see omeonga back

I hope he does come back. That would be boss.

The_Horde
17-07-2019, 08:22 PM
I've a mate who classes Bolton as his english team. Says Vela is like a young Scott Robertson.

hibsbollah
17-07-2019, 08:23 PM

Sounds ideal :aok:

bingo70
17-07-2019, 08:23 PM
I've a mate who classes Bolton as his english team. Says Vela is like a young Scott Robertson.

High praise indeed.

Scott Allan Key
17-07-2019, 08:25 PM
A lot of players called Josh in the squad now lol..... might have to rename a few!!It's time for the guru.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

CraigHibee
17-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Not hibs class.... 😏 Welcome aboard, decent signing by the sounds of things

Scott Allan Key
17-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Top drawer when he first came through at Bolton - I saw us win at Sunderland when they were in the Prem and we were in the Championship and even as a teenager he was the best player on the pitch by a mile. Lost his way a bit through one way or another but if he gets his head down then he could do really well. Another one to add to the “played for both clubs” list!Hope he can make a big an impact as Mixu. What a ****ing signing.

17-07-2019, 08:31 PM
🎶 viva josh vela 🎶

FilipinoHibs
17-07-2019, 08:36 PM
My thoughts exactly. I wonder if the failure to get him made Hibs push the boat out a little more to secure Vela.

Yes heard recruitment team, Ron and PH sick of the moaning on here and wanted to put and end to it.

Scott Allan Key
17-07-2019, 08:37 PM
Unfortunate choice of picture on the BBC website. Of all the pictures that they could have chosen, why choose this one?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/480/cpsprodpb/4007/production/_107919361_gettyimages-1073855276.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49023723Giving the circumstances in the photo, your user name is most unfortunate.

cabbageandribs1875
17-07-2019, 08:39 PM
Giving the circumstances in the photo, your user name is most unfortunate.

:greengrin

Smartie
17-07-2019, 08:52 PM

I don't know the song well, but of the little I do know I think it will be possible to fit "Vela" in there with a reference to Ojo being a ******* bell end.

nellio
17-07-2019, 08:55 PM
I'm delighted.

Cardiff were looking at him for a while so I took a bit of n interest and had a look online and Bolton fans absolutely raved about him.

What a signing for the hibees. Over the moon!!

tamig
17-07-2019, 09:18 PM
No need to. That episode is over. We can, and perhaps, just let it go.

I suspect he will get a warm reception on his first appearance at ER.

CRAZYHIBBY
17-07-2019, 10:02 PM

Dont know about vela but got a ditty for ojo...the woodpecker song

Oh mcinnes put his finger in ojo's hole
and ojo cried god bless my soul
take it out take it out
Take it out remove it

Hibbyradge
17-07-2019, 10:32 PM
So our scouting team got on their bikes and went on a Tour de France and now we're going to have a Veladrome midfield? :greengrin

I hope the fans Raleigh around the new players.

NOLA
17-07-2019, 10:53 PM
His website lacks hibs class [emoji13] yet another random player from the English leagues doesn’t fill me with cheer but then again I’d never heard of Marvin Bartley so he gets my support until he turns into joe newell [emoji85][emoji6]

ehf
17-07-2019, 10:55 PM

Very tyresome. What's Dylan Bikey up to these days?

Hibbyradge
17-07-2019, 11:03 PM
Very tyresome. What's Dylan Bikey up to these days?

I think he's pedalling his wares in Cyprus these days. He's a bit of a helmet, imo.

overdrive
17-07-2019, 11:06 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49023723

Maybe it was put up at the Club’s request. Making a point to Ojo that he’s not the only player into a bit of back door fun :faf:

Not In The Know
17-07-2019, 11:42 PM
Very interesting how this has played out involving the Ojo situation. I think we had a deal with Ojo agreed. Dons came in and upped the cash pretty much just to gazump us. So we then went on to our next target who was in the wage bracket above Ojo without a bidding war. Job done. Dons pay more for a player below ours. Boom.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-07-2019, 04:27 AM
Rihanna’s Umbrella
“Vela vela hey hey hey Hibees got Joshie Vela”

But I prefer the Viba Las Vegas one suggested earlier

Since452
18-07-2019, 05:49 AM
From what I've read and seen and know, Vela looks like a big upgrade on Ojo

Gmack7
18-07-2019, 06:05 AM
my guess is we weren't willing to up our offer to OJO as we didn't think he was worth it, but we do with vela, welcome GGTTH

CloudSquall
18-07-2019, 06:09 AM
Pretending to want to sign Ojo to take the Don's attention away from our actual signing target Vela..

4...D...Chess

Viva_Palmeiras
18-07-2019, 06:24 AM
Pretending to want to sign Ojo to take the Don's attention away from our actual signing target Vela..

4...D...Chess

Boom!

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/sell+someone+a+dummy

GloryGlory
18-07-2019, 06:30 AM

:greengrin The reCYCLEd ones are the best!

Todi114
18-07-2019, 06:33 AM
He had offers from other clubs
maybe after the chaos that was Bolton he fancied some stability
maybe he wanted his wages every month

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-07-2019, 06:46 AM
He had offers from other clubs
maybe after the chaos that was Bolton he fancied some stability
maybe he wanted his wages every month

That took Hearts out the equation.

Bangkok Hibby
18-07-2019, 06:49 AM
OK that's fine. Are there some posters that can actually understand a tongue in cheek post? Dearie me...

Most things taken seriously here or to be kinder, humour bypasses many. I've also seen people, when their comments are trashed, try to dig themselves out of their hole by claiming they were joking when perhaps they weren't. Its the nature of the internet. it'll never adequately replace a chat over a pint.
Using the proper emoji at the right place helps 👍🏻

Barman Stanton
18-07-2019, 06:57 AM
The Bolton fans reactions on twitter are quite similar to Hibs with McGinn. With the teams that were interested in him lately this looks like a very impressive signing.

Diclonius
18-07-2019, 07:30 AM
Anyone think he looks a wee bit like David Wotherspoon?

Saint Hibee
18-07-2019, 07:39 AM
He has the same birthday as the Emperor Nero, Saint John of the Cross, and me - surely a good omen!

BoomtownHibees
18-07-2019, 07:42 AM
Anyone think he looks a wee bit like David Wotherspoon?

More like Reese

Dmas
18-07-2019, 07:56 AM
The Bolton fans reactions on twitter are quite similar to Hibs with McGinn. With the teams that were interested in him lately this looks like a very impressive signing.

Read this morning linked with a £5m move to Blackburn this time last year looks like a really good bit of business looking forward to seeing him play

Unseen work
27-07-2019, 05:22 AM
Seen him in both games now and really impressed with him.

When he’s on the ball he does it all with a high tempo, even a simple pass and moving it on is all done with pace, when he’s in tight positions he is also able to compose himself and pick a good pass.

He seems quite quick across the ground for a central midfielder which is good as he can get about the pitch at ease, which is especially encouraging as he’s only been at the club a short period of time, when his fitness is right up he will excel.

Seems like he is up for the dirty side of the game too and will put himself about.

My only fear is how much we wil rely on him, if he gets an injury we would be really struggling. Hopefully get another central midfielder in.

DetroitHibs
27-07-2019, 05:55 AM
Been very impressed in his two games so far, think he’ll be a key player. Thought he might end up getting sent off last night, loves a challenge. Him and Porto will intimidate a lot of teams this season.

SMAXXA
27-07-2019, 06:38 AM
This lad is the real deal he’s a top player

theonlywayisup
27-07-2019, 08:47 AM
This lad is the real deal he’s a top player

Agree, he's going to be a class act for us.