PDA

View Full Version : Hecky on the golf course

h18eeynick
14-07-2019, 12:10 PM
Nice article in the Sunday Mail today about golfer Andrea Pavan ( Italian) speaking about his pro am round with Paul a few days ago. He is now a Hibee ! Says he was impressed with Paul both from a golf and a football perspective. His caddie played professional football in Argentina but he confirmed he wont be a target for Hibs ! Just get the impression that Paul is a really good networker and his presence and conduct are top notch. Perhaos someone with more technical ability than me can post the article. Headline is " I gave it Hecky thump "

Here’s Lucy!
14-07-2019, 12:30 PM
Heckys at the tee.

:greengrin

franck sauzee
14-07-2019, 12:55 PM
Pavan is going well. Tied 10th at the moment

Deansy
14-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Nice article in the Sunday Mail today about golfer Andrea Pavan ( Italian) speaking about his pro am round with Paul a few days ago. He is now a Hibee ! Says he was impressed with Paul both from a golf and a football perspective. His caddie played professional football in Argentina but he confirmed he wont be a target for Hibs ! Just get the impression that Paul is a really good networker and his presence and conduct are top notch. Perhaos someone with more technical ability than me can post the article. Headline is " I gave it Hecky thump "

This I think -
Pavan dreaming of a victory song ...with a little help from Hibs boss!

The Scottish Mail on Sunday
14 Jul 2019
By Calum Crowe

https://i.prcdn.co/img?regionKey=H1SdmkBOkH2uZEw4eXJiHQ%3d%3dWITH little over 20 miles separating the two venues, the sound of Easter Road in full voice would almost be audible from the links here at the Renaissance Club.
Certainly, if Andrea Pavan has any say on the matter, Sunshine on
Leith will be given a rousing rendition inside the clubhouse this evening.
That would be his victory song if he goes on to win the Scottish Open. Well, it sort of has to be now.
The Italian played in the pro-am on Wednesday with none other than Hibs manager Paul Heckingbottom and, as luck would have it, the two struck up an unlikely bond.
Pavan currently sits on 14 under par and, admittedly, he will have his work cut out if he is to overhaul the brilliant Austrian Bernd Wiesberger at the top of the leaderboard.
But after a sizzling 62 yesterday, why not dare to dream?
Among the early morning starters, Pavan holed out from 50 yards at the first for an eagle three and thenm swiftly set about dismantling the golf course.
Two eagles on the front nine in an outward half of 29, a flawless scorecard by the end of it all, and a special thank-you to the Hibs boss for a little pep talk.
‘I actually thought I had missed the cut,’ explained Pavan, who is in rich form after winning the BMW International Open in Munich at the end of last month.
‘I was preparing dinner on Friday night when my caddie texted me, saying: “Get ready, you’re playing tomorrow”.
‘It was a lot of fun to play with Paul in the pro-am. He hit a lot of long drives. To be honest, I don’t think he’s a nine handicap because he had a few birdies!
‘I’m a big football fan. Roma is my team, so it was nice to play with a professional coach.
‘It’s always nice to play with other athletes at professional levels.
‘We had a chat and my caddie got involved as well. He played some professional football in Argentina, but I don’t think Paul is trying to sign him.
‘I hadn’t heard of Hibs before I played with Paul. I think they will maybe be my Scottish team from now on.
‘He asked me if I had any green clothes to wear, but I didn’t. I went to Texas A&M University and our colour was maroon, so that definitely was not the right combination for Paul! But we had good fun.’
Resigned to missing the cut at one point on Friday night, Pavan admits to having an extra spring in his step when he teed up yesterday morning.
He is also relishing his first crack at an Open Championship next week when he makes the journey over to Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland.
‘It’s not an easy thing to change your mindset late on the Friday night, but I had motivation on Saturday morning for sure,’ he added.
‘I knew coming into this week that I was playing pretty well, but it has been of those weeks where not many things went my way in the first two rounds.
‘All of a sudden, I’m right on the cut line and you know that if you make the cut and have a good Saturday, then you can still have a good finish.
‘This is one of the biggest events and leading into The Open it was nice to get a bit of confidence back and make some putts.
‘It’s just fantastic to have this opportunity. I have never played in The Open Championship and I have only played one other major, the US Open, which was a great experience.
‘This year, I’m going to really try to enjoy it. My game is better than it was. I have played a lot of links golf and I have played Portrush before.
‘Hopefully I can have a good week over there.
‘I’m trying to enjoy the situation — but I’m also going to try to do my best and see where that takes me.’

h18eeynick
14-07-2019, 05:19 PM
This I think -
Pavan dreaming of a victory song ...with a little help from Hibs boss!

The Scottish Mail on Sunday
14 Jul 2019
By Calum Crowe

https://i.prcdn.co/img?regionKey=H1SdmkBOkH2uZEw4eXJiHQ%3d%3dWITH little over 20 miles separating the two venues, the sound of Easter Road in full voice would almost be audible from the links here at the Renaissance Club.
Certainly, if Andrea Pavan has any say on the matter, Sunshine on
Leith will be given a rousing rendition inside the clubhouse this evening.
That would be his victory song if he goes on to win the Scottish Open. Well, it sort of has to be now.
The Italian played in the pro-am on Wednesday with none other than Hibs manager Paul Heckingbottom and, as luck would have it, the two struck up an unlikely bond.
Pavan currently sits on 14 under par and, admittedly, he will have his work cut out if he is to overhaul the brilliant Austrian Bernd Wiesberger at the top of the leaderboard.
But after a sizzling 62 yesterday, why not dare to dream?
Among the early morning starters, Pavan holed out from 50 yards at the first for an eagle three and thenm swiftly set about dismantling the golf course.
Two eagles on the front nine in an outward half of 29, a flawless scorecard by the end of it all, and a special thank-you to the Hibs boss for a little pep talk.
‘I actually thought I had missed the cut,’ explained Pavan, who is in rich form after winning the BMW International Open in Munich at the end of last month.
‘I was preparing dinner on Friday night when my caddie texted me, saying: “Get ready, you’re playing tomorrow”.
‘It was a lot of fun to play with Paul in the pro-am. He hit a lot of long drives. To be honest, I don’t think he’s a nine handicap because he had a few birdies!
‘I’m a big football fan. Roma is my team, so it was nice to play with a professional coach.
‘It’s always nice to play with other athletes at professional levels.
‘We had a chat and my caddie got involved as well. He played some professional football in Argentina, but I don’t think Paul is trying to sign him.
‘I hadn’t heard of Hibs before I played with Paul. I think they will maybe be my Scottish team from now on.
‘He asked me if I had any green clothes to wear, but I didn’t. I went to Texas A&M University and our colour was maroon, so that definitely was not the right combination for Paul! But we had good fun.’
Resigned to missing the cut at one point on Friday night, Pavan admits to having an extra spring in his step when he teed up yesterday morning.
He is also relishing his first crack at an Open Championship next week when he makes the journey over to Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland.
‘It’s not an easy thing to change your mindset late on the Friday night, but I had motivation on Saturday morning for sure,’ he added.
‘I knew coming into this week that I was playing pretty well, but it has been of those weeks where not many things went my way in the first two rounds.
‘All of a sudden, I’m right on the cut line and you know that if you make the cut and have a good Saturday, then you can still have a good finish.
‘This is one of the biggest events and leading into The Open it was nice to get a bit of confidence back and make some putts.
‘It’s just fantastic to have this opportunity. I have never played in The Open Championship and I have only played one other major, the US Open, which was a great experience.
‘This year, I’m going to really try to enjoy it. My game is better than it was. I have played a lot of links golf and I have played Portrush before.
‘Hopefully I can have a good week over there.
‘I’m trying to enjoy the situation — but I’m also going to try to do my best and see where that takes me.’

Not that one Deansy - further one today where most of his article is about Hecky. I get the paper version and rubbish with technology !

ChickenCurryYLT
14-07-2019, 06:28 PM
Also on Twitter, writing about the cricket.

Great timing.

bingo70
14-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Also on Twitter, writing about the cricket.

Great timing.

I know, they should really have postponed the final of the cricket in light of our result yesterday.

ChickenCurryYLT
14-07-2019, 06:58 PM
I know, they should really have postponed the final of the cricket in light of our result yesterday.

Aye that’s right mate. We have probably our most embarrassing result in the last 3/4 years and the managers on Twitter the next day writing about cricket. He could’ve atleast gave Novak a mention.

bingo70
14-07-2019, 07:08 PM
Aye that’s right mate. We have probably our most embarrassing result in the last 3/4 years and the managers on Twitter the next day writing about cricket. He could’ve atleast gave Novak a mention.

If that bothers you I’m not going to change your mind, I personally don’t have any issue with him being interested and excited by other sports.

If he wanted to put that on twitter then so be it, I think it’s good to get to know what he’s like outside of football.

The 90+2
14-07-2019, 07:09 PM

Its sure as hell a lot easier to take than our last manager turning up on Celtic tv every other week.

Billy Whizz
14-07-2019, 07:11 PM

He’s a Yorkshire man, they love their cricket, If that’s the best you can do, suggest you go and get a life

Allant1981
14-07-2019, 07:11 PM

Is he not allowed to have a life?

Pretty Boy
14-07-2019, 07:12 PM
I assume Hibs would have had a day off today. If the manager wants to watch another sport then he's entitled to do so. Just as Alex Ferguson was entitled to pitch up at racecourses all over the UK or any of us enjoy a pint, a round of golf or whatever else on our days off.

Some of the stuff aimed at him on Twitter is pitiful. We had a crap result yesterday, I'm far from happy but I'm not going to hound the manager on social media because of it.

Billy Whizz
14-07-2019, 07:14 PM
I assume Hibs would have had a day off today. If the manager wants to watch another sport then he's entitled to do so. Just as Alex Ferguson was entitled to pitch up at racecourses all over the UK or any of us enjoy a pint, a round of golf or whatever else on our days off.

Some of the stuff aimed at him on Twitter is pitiful. We had a crap result yesterday, I'm far from happy but I'm not going to hound the manager on social media because of it.

Jesus that’s terrible PB. All disappointed yesterday, but if what you’re saying is true, club should ban these keyboard warriors from ER

ChickenCurryYLT
14-07-2019, 07:18 PM
He’s a Yorkshire man, they love their cricket, If that’s the best you can do, suggest you go and get a life

“best I can do”

What you on about? Merely pointing out the gaffers took to Twitter the day after arguably one of our most embarrassing results in recent years. All I said was timing not great?

bingo70
14-07-2019, 07:21 PM
“best I can do”

What you on about? Merely pointing out the gaffers took to Twitter the day after arguably one of our most embarrassing results in recent years. All I said was timing not great?

How long should he leave it?

On a different note, loving the user name 😂

ChickenCurryYLT
14-07-2019, 07:26 PM
How long should he leave it?

On a different note, loving the user name 😂

Speaking of Twitter, I noticed Cliff Pike getting a bit of a hard time today also. I’m assuming he’s a paid employee of the club, hence why he can’t ever say anything negative?

The username... 😂 born and bred.

Billy Whizz
14-07-2019, 07:27 PM
“best I can do”

It was a World Cup final, he’s allowed to have a life

bingo70
14-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Speaking of Twitter, I noticed Cliff Pike getting a bit of a hard time today also. I’m assuming he’s a paid employee of the club, hence why he can’t ever say anything negative?

The username... 😂 born and bred.

Probably not paid by the club but he relies on a relationship with the players and manager, would make his job more difficult if he was critical of the players and manager and then had to try and get decent interviews out of them.

Hibernia&Alba
14-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Surely golf is a Jambo sport? Put on the slacks and cardigan, put the clubs in the boot of the SAAB; a round of golf with Gordon and Hugh, then into the bar to moan about asylum seekers and the EU. Has to be a dream day for them. :greengrin

ChickenCurryYLT
14-07-2019, 07:30 PM

Who said otherwise? Ticket.

Heisenberg
14-07-2019, 07:32 PM
He’s obviously going to get some stick if he’s on twitter and we’ve had a dreadful result. I’m sure he’ll survive.

04Sauzee
14-07-2019, 07:35 PM

I'm on Twitter and some of the Hibs fans on there seem to love to hate Hibs, very strange

04Sauzee
14-07-2019, 07:36 PM
“best I can do”

Timing seems fine to me

crash
14-07-2019, 07:42 PM

I would be disappointed if he didn't take the opportunity to watch St. Mirren today.

ChickenCurryYLT
14-07-2019, 07:43 PM
Timing seems fine to me

Go on, explain that one for us please.

JimBHibees
14-07-2019, 08:19 PM

:faf:

JimBHibees
14-07-2019, 08:21 PM
I'm on Twitter and some of the Hibs fans on there seem to love to hate Hibs, very strange

Are they Hibs fans?

Iggy Pope
14-07-2019, 08:26 PM
Jesus that’s terrible PB. All disappointed yesterday, but if what you’re saying is true, club should ban these keyboard warriors from ER

Aw man. Wow. it’s gone mad.

04Sauzee
14-07-2019, 08:28 PM

OK... There is nothing wrong with the timing in my opinion. Is that clearer

04Sauzee
14-07-2019, 08:29 PM
Are they Hibs fans?

They claim to be, although you have to wonder

matty_f
14-07-2019, 08:32 PM

It’sa very weird thing, eh? They go after the club for everything and anything.

Onceinawhile
14-07-2019, 08:59 PM

When should he tweet about the cricket World Cup? You know, other than during and after it?

Billy Whizz
14-07-2019, 09:07 PM
Aw man. Wow. it’s gone mad.

So it’s ok to abuse someone on twitter because they love cricket

Brightside
14-07-2019, 09:56 PM
Trumpets are out in full force.

Forza Fred
15-07-2019, 01:21 AM
OK... There is nothing wrong with the timing in my opinion. Is that clearer

Cannae be much wrong with his timing if he is 9 handicap.

MagicSwirlingShip
15-07-2019, 02:03 AM
If he is active on Twitter he should expect to be hit with nonsense chat from Trolls. Just the way it is.

SquashedFrogg
15-07-2019, 07:58 AM
I'm still convinced there should be some form of exam/test before being allowed access to the internet.

Sioux
15-07-2019, 08:10 AM
I'm still convinced there should be some form of exam/test before being allowed access to the internet.

90% would fail!

(unless the pass mark was 5%)

Steve-O
18-07-2019, 11:10 AM
“best I can do”

Come on tae ****

Northernhibee
18-07-2019, 11:17 AM
Watching back the Stirling “highlights” and you can hear the same foghorn voices in the same games. The club could ditch around 10 fans and improve the atmosphere at games no end.