PDA

View Full Version : Fight for fourth or Seventh

Sammy7nil
13-07-2019, 09:00 PM
I think Hearts and Hibs are right in the thick of this.

The next two signings for both clubs may well decide the season. Based on what we have seen so far and yes it is early days both will struggle to challenge the top three and the season is balanced on a knife edge and could go either way.

scuttle
13-07-2019, 09:01 PM
On today's performance we will be very lucky to finish seventh

lyonhibs
13-07-2019, 09:39 PM
So after 1 ****ty performance we're doomed right?

It's clearly not good enough, but let's not réach for the arsenic tablets just yet.

Sammy7nil
13-07-2019, 09:41 PM

It's clearly not good enough, but let's not réach for the arsenic tablets just yet.

So fourth is doomed ? Obviously not been a Hibby long:greengrin

lyonhibs
13-07-2019, 09:51 PM
So fourth is doomed ? Obviously not been a Hibby long:greengrin

:greengrin been one long enough. Was more referring to the post immediately above mine. I think we'll finish above Hearts because if ever Craig "failure" Levein is associated with that club and I don't, that'll be retirement day.

Sammy7nil
13-07-2019, 09:54 PM
:greengrin been one long enough. Was more referring to the post immediately above mine. I think we'll finish above Hearts because if ever Craig "failure" Levein is associated with that club and I don't, that'll be retirement day.

They should have beat D Utd but they looked bang average with a shaky keeper to boot :greengrin

scuttle
13-07-2019, 10:12 PM

Were you there today? that performance was against a mid table division 3 side. I hate to think what the score would have been if it was park head,ibrox or tynecastle

Steve20
14-07-2019, 08:10 AM
Hearts and Aberdeen have both made better signings this summer. I would like to think that our major signings are still to come though.

If we can get 3-4 good signings in then we can be in the thick of a battle for Europe. It not, we will be between 6th-8th.

Defensive midfielder, another striker (two if Kamberi leaves) and a creative midfielder are a must.

Leith Green
14-07-2019, 08:15 AM
If nothing else then at least expectations for the new season have been managed 🤭

son of haggart
14-07-2019, 10:08 AM
I think both Hearts and Hibs, and Aberdeen, will be fighting for 3-5th with kilmarnock the most likely to get in the mix. I don't think you can make much of the starts to the season. We have Naismith, Haring, Morrison and Halkett to come back or to be introduced plus we may sign another midfielder. both terams have new players to settle in. I don't think Aberdeen will improve much.

weecounty hibby
14-07-2019, 11:18 AM
I think both Hearts and Hibs, and Aberdeen, will be fighting for 3-5th with kilmarnock the most likely to get in the mix. I don't think you can make much of the starts to the season. We have Naismith, Haring, Morrison and Halkett to come back or to be introduced plus we may sign another midfielder. both terams have new players to settle in. I don't think Aberdeen will improve much.
It's a sad day when a Jambo is posting some of the more sensible and reasoned comments on here!!

MWHIBBIES
14-07-2019, 11:36 AM

100% of our competitive games this season have been dreadful performances.

CMurdoch
14-07-2019, 11:42 AM

Pretty much covers it.
Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen will be between 3rd and 6th this season no matter who they sign.
Of the other teams Motherwell and Kilmarnock (if they can hold onto their players) are the likely chasers.
A high quality robust defensive midfield link signing is the number 1 requirement for Hibs in the next couple of weeks.

ekhibee
14-07-2019, 11:54 AM
I certainly don't think it's a given that we'll finish in the top 6 with what I've seen of the new signings so far, obviously I want to be proved wrong about that too. The manager has a bit to prove now, because if Newell is an example of the kind of player he likes I seriously worry after watching how bad he was in the Dunfermline game.

H18S NX
14-07-2019, 12:11 PM
I said on the "expectation " thread that Hibs would finish 7th,i have seen nothing to change my mind.

1van Sprou7e
14-07-2019, 02:29 PM
Hearts and Aberdeen have both made better signings this summer. I would like to think that our major signings are still to come though.

If we can get 3-4 good signings in then we can be in the thick of a battle for Europe. It not, we will be between 6th-8th.

Defensive midfielder, another striker (two if Kamberi leaves) and a creative midfielder are a must.

Apart from halkett who have they signed?

Heisenberg
14-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Apart from halkett who have they signed?

A striker who has only ever performed at the same level as our signings and Jamie Walker who has a good game in him once every so often. Nothing special. Only Aberdeen signing I’m envious of is Bryson.

Weegreenman
14-07-2019, 03:16 PM
After all the hype of the Ron take over and the man telling us we should be at least going for best of the rest 2nd or 3rd place finish, it looks like from what some are saying ( after one game) that we have no chance of achieving this. Ron, hang your head in shame :cb

Keith_M
14-07-2019, 04:07 PM
Come on, we just struggled against a team in the FOURTH TIER of Scottish Football.

We barely had a shot on target and only scored through the softest penalty you'll ever see and it was a completely disorganised display. Most of the players were awful, and Horgan must have been wondering why he was the only one putting any real effort in.

That's after leaking seven goals in three pre-season friendlies, one of which was a defeat to Arbroath.

Liam6270
14-07-2019, 07:01 PM
I’d hate to be in a playoff against one of the two Dundee teams at the end of the season, I don’t think we’ll finish bottom

The 90+2
14-07-2019, 07:11 PM
I’d hate to be in a playoff against one of the two Dundee teams at the end of the season, I don’t think we’ll finish bottom

Your teams form over the last 8 months has been 11th so you could be right.

Lago
14-07-2019, 07:17 PM
What a depressing place .net is at the moment, it seems every thread quickly becomes negative.:confused:

cmcd
14-07-2019, 08:31 PM
What a depressing place .net is at the moment, it seems every thread quickly becomes negative.:confused:

I have to laugh at most of the posts on here .The season has hardly started and you're messing you're pants. Have a little faith for goodness sake .We have been in far worse situations in the past.If we are in the bottom half of the league in a few months time I may change my opinion. Get behind the team and stop these ridiculous comments ( tin hat on )

Onion
14-07-2019, 08:56 PM

If that's the general consensus based on what folk have seen of the new players, then we're in deep. Got to hope Hecky is as good as he thinks he is and this all turns out ok.

To have a bad season with SC Heroes in the team is one thing that fans will reluctantly accept, to replace a lot of them with lower league duds, and fail is another entirely.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-07-2019, 06:11 AM
I think Hearts and Hibs are right in the thick of this.

The next two signings for both clubs may well decide the season. Based on what we have seen so far and yes it is early days both will struggle to challenge the top three and the season is balanced on a knife edge and could go either way.

Love these posts. Reads like a tabloid headline. Why 2 signings and at both clubs?

Viva_Palmeiras
15-07-2019, 06:14 AM

It only takes a minute as Take That sang.