PDA

View Full Version : 1692

theonlywayisup
13-07-2019, 07:51 PM
Pretty good attendance from the Hibs fans today, over 75% of the crowd.

What was the atmosphere like at the match?

Carheenlea
13-07-2019, 07:58 PM

Subdued for most of it - a combination of fare on the pitch and the sun baked terrace and stands. The latter for me is a good example of why Sumner Football is a no for me. Put the same crowd in the stadium under the lights in autumn/winter and the atmosphere would have been far better in my opinion.

PatHead
13-07-2019, 08:00 PM
Subdued for most of it - a combination of fare on the pitch and the sun baked terrace and stands. The latter for me is a good example of why Sumner Football is a no for me. Put the same crowd in the stadium under the lights in autumn/winter and the atmosphere would have been far better in my opinion.

What about under a freezing, miserable Saturday afternoon?

jingler1954
13-07-2019, 08:02 PM

Had to sit in the home stand as they wouldn’t let me in to the away end said it was full. Great hibs support all be it very quiet. GGTTH

CloudSquall
13-07-2019, 08:23 PM
I was sure this thread was going to be Hun related :greengrin.

IberianHibernian
13-07-2019, 09:27 PM
Subdued for most of it - a combination of fare on the pitch and the sun baked terrace and stands. The latter for me is a good example of why Sumner Football is a no for me. Put the same crowd in the stadium under the lights in autumn/winter and the atmosphere would have been far better in my opinion. I agree . In the summer there are far more alternatives to watching football on a Saturday afternoon - fishing , golf , bowls , holidays , days out with family , big events like golf and tennis on telly , plus all the other alternatives which are relevant all year ( work ,family commitments etc ) . In countries like Ireland and Denmark which play in summer they play a lot of games in evenings especially on Fridays . Anyway , in Scotland there already is summer football with playoffs and cup final at end of May , friendlies starting in late June and competitive matches starting in mid July . Am aware that there are `problems with having clubs preparing for Euro matches in July or even June and with internationals at end of season but maybe time to reduce number of league matches and / or get rid of winter break so league can finish in late April with cup final first weekend of May like before ( think I read in 2020 too ) with no other competitive club matches till late July or early August .

SouthMoroccoStu
13-07-2019, 09:32 PM
2 digits off the PIN number off the average hun

Here’s Lucy!
13-07-2019, 09:35 PM

Yep, had to be 12th of July type stuff!

:wink:

Mick O'Rourke
13-07-2019, 09:40 PM
2 digits off the PIN number off the average hun

May'16 92 minutes :greengrin

Here’s Lucy!
13-07-2019, 09:44 PM
May'16 92 minutes :greengrin

Mick gets it! :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
14-07-2019, 12:04 AM

It was quiet, but there was nothing to get excited about. The weather was a lot better than the match.

Killiehibbie
14-07-2019, 06:10 AM

I was wondering how Glencoe was getting a mention on the main board.

Hibernia&Alba
14-07-2019, 07:40 AM
I was wondering how Glencoe was getting a mention on the main board.

:top marks

Keith_M
14-07-2019, 07:33 PM

It was definitive proof that having a standing area is not a magical solution for poor atmosphere at games

:duck:

:greengrin