PDA

View Full Version : Hibs.net site

Bangkok Hibby
13-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Seems there were more guests than usual today. The site slowed to a standstill for some of us until Matty came on and told us he had restricted some guests and it picked up again. Does that mean if the site gets an influx of new members on the back of that it will struggle for speed?

Beefster
13-07-2019, 04:34 PM
Seems there were more guests than usual today. The site slowed to a standstill for some of us until Matty came on and told us he had restricted some guests and it picked up again. Does that mean if the site gets an influx of new members on the back of that it will struggle for speed?

Instead of just talking about the site infrastructure, why don’t you actually help and contribute towards it?

BoomtownHibees
13-07-2019, 04:35 PM
Instead of just talking about the site infrastructure, why don’t you actually help and contribute towards it?

Exactly, pony-up

Bangkok Hibby
13-07-2019, 04:36 PM

Who rattled your cage? I contribute to Hibernian football club in many ways. I was just asking a question tough guy.

Bangkok Hibby
13-07-2019, 04:38 PM
Exactly, pony-up

Haha, topical, 😄

matty_f
13-07-2019, 04:41 PM

The site is stable the vast majority of the time. When it gets really busy the server struggles with demand and so we will restrict unregistered users first, if that doesn’t help then we restrict registered users (those that have signed up and use the site for free).

This means that as much as possible, the private members who pay to use the site get as good an experience as we can give.

hibee_girl
13-07-2019, 04:42 PM
As soon as we realised the site was running slow we kicked the guests out.

If it had still been running slow the next step would be to restrict access for registered members so only private members would have access, that’s what £10 a year gets you

It’s also worth noting that most of the admin team are usually at games and aren’t always available to boot guests etc straight away.

Bangkok Hibby
13-07-2019, 04:43 PM
As soon as we realised the site was running slow we kicked the guests out.

If it had still been running slow the next step would be to restricted registered members so only private members would have access, that’s what £10 a year gets you

It’s also worth noting that most of the admin team are usually at games and aren’t always available to boot guests etc straight away.

Thanks, it seems my genuine question was taken as a complaint. Sorry if it came across that way

LustForLeith
13-07-2019, 04:45 PM
Thanks, it seems my genuine question was taken as a complaint. Sorry if it came across that way

Don’t apologise, it was a valid question and one that came with a valid response

Bangkok Hibby
13-07-2019, 04:48 PM
Is there a way I can sign up as a private member on my phone? Dont see an option. If not I'll do it from work in a few weeks when I'm back

matty_f
13-07-2019, 04:49 PM
Is there a way I can sign up as a private member on my phone? Dont see an option. If not I'll do it from work in a few weeks when I'm back

If you scroll to the bottom of the page there’s a link that says ‘default style’, click that and you’ll get the desktop version on your phone and you can sign up that way.

Bangkok Hibby
13-07-2019, 04:59 PM
OK I'm now registered, thanks. Now can you tell me how to get back to mobile view please? 😂😂😂

Lago
13-07-2019, 05:00 PM
The site is stable the vast majority of the time. When it gets really busy the server struggles with demand and so we will restrict unregistered users first, if that doesn’t help then we restrict registered users (those that have signed up and use the site for free).

This means that as much as possible, the private members who pay to use the site get as good an experience as we can give.
Sensible way to do it, I've been booted off a number of times but let's be honest there are plénty of avenues to get your Hibs info until your allowed back on. It's a fans website with a priority structure.:agree:

matty_f
13-07-2019, 05:08 PM
OK I'm now registered, thanks. Now can you tell me how to get back to mobile view please? 😂😂😂

Scroll to the bottom again and there’s a drop down at the bottom left, pick the mobile site or hibs net lite from there.

Barney McGrew
13-07-2019, 05:15 PM
What doesn’t help on an away match day is hundreds of people sitting refreshing their screens every ten seconds.

It would help massively if people used the i-spy function that lets you see new posts as they happen without the need to refresh :aok:

Brightside
13-07-2019, 05:33 PM
What doesn’t help on an away match day is hundreds of people sitting refreshing their screens every ten seconds.

It would help massively if people used the i-spy function that lets you see new posts as they happen without the need to refresh :aok:

What doesn’t help is hundreds of people posting ***** on the match threads. 😂

Bangkok Hibby
13-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Guilty 🥴

The 90+2
13-07-2019, 05:44 PM

What’s the i-spy function?

hibee_girl
13-07-2019, 05:46 PM
What’s the i-spy function?

https://www.hibs.net/vaispy.php

The 90+2
13-07-2019, 05:48 PM
https://www.hibs.net/vaispy.php

Thanks! Helps a lot!

Beefster
13-07-2019, 09:22 PM
Who rattled your cage? I contribute to Hibernian football club in many ways. I was just asking a question tough guy.

Tough guy?! Right you are. I thought I was making a perfectly reasonable point.

Incidentally, I’m not sure how your spending on Hibs is relevant to a discussion about this site.

Sammy7nil
13-07-2019, 09:48 PM

Jeez the guy is a private member :greengrin

James310
14-07-2019, 12:22 AM
Tough guy?! Right you are. I thought I was making a perfectly reasonable point.

Incidentally, I’m not sure how your spending on Hibs is relevant to a discussion about this site.

We have missed you on the Holy Ground, but it's a new rule that you have to prove your an uber fan to even be allowed to post these days.

Beefster
14-07-2019, 08:34 AM
Jeez the guy is a private member :greengrin

I hate to take credit for that but you’re welcome!

The Modfather
14-07-2019, 09:03 AM
We have missed you on the Holy Ground, but it's a new rule that you have to prove your an uber fan to even be allowed to post these days.

This is as close to a post from yourself about anything football related or about Hibs as I’ve seen.

Hibernia&Alba
14-07-2019, 09:06 AM

I didn't know about that. I will bear it in mind for any games I'm not at.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2019, 10:07 AM

The MK Dons v Wimbledon thread was a nightmare.

Eyrie
14-07-2019, 02:43 PM
The MK Dons v Wimbledon thread was a nightmare.

Especially for those of us who didn't go.

JimboHibs
14-07-2019, 02:46 PM

Tbf theres ***** being posted on pretty much all threads.

Hibernia&Alba
14-07-2019, 04:05 PM
Tbf theres ***** being posted on pretty much all threads.

Well it is a football forum on the interweb. Not every thread is going to be like an exchange of letters between Satre and Camus. There are some very good posts made too.

HoboHarry
14-07-2019, 04:14 PM
Well it is a football forum on the interweb. Not every thread is going to be like an exchange of letters between Satre and Camus. There are some very good posts made too.
Did you mean Sartre? Just made me think that Huis Clos might be an apt name for .net at times.....

SMAXXA
14-07-2019, 04:17 PM
Serious question why doesn’t the site make it compulsory to pay a tenner to be a member surly that would most of the guffies unless they are that sad they want to pay to pretend to be a Hibs fan?

Hibernia&Alba
14-07-2019, 04:24 PM
Did you mean Sartre? Just made me think that Huis Clos might be an apt name for .net at times.....

Aye that's him. Had a wonky eye; clever wee sod. His burd was bright tae.

HoboHarry
14-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Aye that's him. Had a wonky eye; clever wee sod. His burd was bright tae.
There's another character currently haunting Scottish fitba wi a wonky eye but I shouldn't really be mentioning someone that stupid in a conversation about a couple as intelligent as Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir ......

Iggy Pope
14-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Scroll to the bottom again and there’s a drop down at the bottom left, pick the mobile site or hibs net lite from there.

I just got a new iPhone having had windows until now and I’m chuffed at this advice Matty, ta.

Peevemor
14-07-2019, 10:47 PM
We have missed you on the Holy Ground, but it's a new rule that you have to prove your an uber fan to even be allowed to post these days.Just showing a passing interest in Hibs works.

Clown.

matty_f
14-07-2019, 11:07 PM
I just got a new iPhone having had windows until now and I’m chuffed at this advice Matty, ta.

:aok: I had to come in useful eventually. :greengrin