PDA

View Full Version : Did we miss a trick?

sadtom
11-07-2019, 11:59 PM
Missed the boat now but...
I don't mind the away kit, probably better in the flesh too. It's maybe a wee bit fussy for me though.
A strip I've always liked was the Peru kit. Given our new custodians roots, I reckon changing the red diagonal for a purple one, same shade as the new one (i'm sure one of the tech savvy peeps could knock one up?), would be pretty smart. Hibs badge on the white side of the chest would stand out too.
Ach well, maybe next year.

GoWithTheFlo
12-07-2019, 12:04 AM
I don't mind the away kit, probably better in the flesh too. It's maybe a wee bit fussy for me though.
A strip I've always liked was the Peru kit. Given our new custodians roots, I reckon changing the red diagonal for a purple one, same shade as the new one (i'm sure one of the tech savvy peeps could knock one up?), would be pretty smart. Hibs badge on the white side of the chest would stand out too.

I’m not the biggest lover of the away kit myself either, however I can see why people do like it and also the home kit, they have gone for a more classic look this year, and I think the majority have really liked it, ive not seen the Peru kit, but if I was to search for it I’m sure I could look, I think it’s a good idea however I don’t think it’s what hibs want.

Are you meaning something like the black away strip with green and white stripes ?

sadtom
12-07-2019, 12:12 AM
I’m not the biggest lover of the away kit myself either, however I can see why people do like it and also the home kit, they have gone for a more classic look this year, and I think the majority have really liked it, ive not seen the Peru kit, but if I was to search for it I’m sure I could look, I think it’s a good idea however I don’t think it’s what hibs want.

Are you meaning something like the black away strip with green and white stripes ?

Just any version of the classic Peru kit, like this one i s'pose.
http://www.soccerjerseyparadise.cn/images/Polo/Peru-15-16-Home-Jersey.jpg

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2019, 12:40 AM

Wanted an away like that for a long time. Green diagonal on purple would also look great IMO.

sadtom
12-07-2019, 01:02 AM
Wanted an away like that for a long time. Green diagonal on purple would also look great IMO.

Aye. That's a fair shout.
Think it would need a darker green on a brighter purple

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2019, 01:07 AM
Aye. That's a fair shout.
Think it would need a darker green on a brighter purple

Probably, think you’re right. Regardless, either style of top would add a bit of Copa Libertadores panache and swagger to the Hibernian kit collection.

howdenthehibby
12-07-2019, 03:50 AM
How about just a green diagonal on a white top and green shorts?To me that would look great

JeMeSouviens
12-07-2019, 06:44 AM
Or, take the new Barca away kit, change yellow to white and blau & grana to green & purple.

https://www.dwsports.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-DWS-Master-Catalog/default/dwc82a750a/products/images/311639191_01.jpg

Barman Stanton
12-07-2019, 07:12 AM
Iv always thought that would be a great away strip, but with the Green stripe. Used to actually create that on the old FIFA games for my Hibs team.

ScottB
12-07-2019, 07:37 AM
I’m guessing the designs of the kits were signed off months ago.

Could well be an option in future years, perhaps to honour Ron after we win something 😉

One Day Soon
12-07-2019, 07:38 AM
How about just a green diagonal on a white top and green shorts?To me that would look great

Would be gorgeous, though I'd prefer all white with the green diagonal.

The Green Goblin
12-07-2019, 09:15 AM

Email your suggestion to the club?

Aldoo
12-07-2019, 09:54 AM

Can I claim the trademark on this idea, I suggested this on one of the threads re Ron Gordon on announcement day (I did, honest guv) but it wasn’t give much of a response.

Maybe my post count wasn’t high enough to merit a response :wink:

BlackSheep
12-07-2019, 09:57 AM
Can I claim the trademark on this idea, I suggested this on one of the threads re Ron Gordon on announcement day (I did, honest guv) but it wasn’t give much of a response.

Maybe my post count wasn’t high enough to merit a response :wink:

This is design i posted earlier this year, maybe even last year.... loads of folk have been asking for a Peru-esque design even before Ron was involved.

EI255
12-07-2019, 10:00 AM

Are you meaning something like the black away strip with green and white stripes ?Agreed. Not liking the away top. Home, however, is best in a long time.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

keith_darcy
12-07-2019, 11:09 AM
Or, take the new Barca away kit, change yellow to white and blau & grana to green & purple.

https://www.dwsports.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-DWS-Master-Catalog/default/dwc82a750a/products/images/311639191_01.jpg

I’ve always thought white with black/green sash, white shorts and black socks with green trim throughout would be lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EI255
12-07-2019, 11:18 AM
Disgusting strip that is.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
12-07-2019, 12:36 PM

Yes, I think that would look very smart.