PDA

View Full Version : 1 million + Investment

GoWithTheFlo
11-07-2019, 10:55 PM
With Ronald Gordon recently taking over as majority shareholder at Easter Road, where would people like to see the money invested/used.

With the 7 figure investment, whether it be 1 million or more, it’s a massive boost for our club and it could go towards many different areas of the club.

I’ve seen quite a few people talk about filling in one of the corners, or even bringing in safe standing somewhere in the stadium, but personally I don’t see the need in building a corner stand, I can see why people would want it, but until we are packing Easter Road week in week out, I don’t think we need it.

Personally, I would like to see it invested in wage budget, signing budget, or something less noticeable, but beneficial eg better run offs at the side of the pitch, making the games smoother, and hopefully the throw ins quicker (I hope I’m not the only one who noticed how slow our throw ins are 😩), or perhaps better changing rooms, something like Manchester City, obviously not quite as up there, but something similar, something that would help the players, perhaps even bring results.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-07-2019, 11:00 PM
I’m being lazy but Didn’t he already outline it was for infrastructure type stuff - indoor full size pitch for EM next to the Film studios?

GoWithTheFlo
11-07-2019, 11:05 PM
I’m being lazy but Didn’t he already outline it was for infrastructure type stuff - indoor full size pitch for EM next to the Film studios?

The last I heard was that he will invest it where he feels it is needed, however I could be wrong

Chefki Kuqi
11-07-2019, 11:06 PM
I’d prefer to sit on the money until we see a good opportunity to use it. It could make the difference at some stage as regards signing/retaining players of quality.

I would suggest other than the indoor pitch we’re fairly set up for infrastructure, and I wouldn’t be looking at any stadium expansion until we’re selling out for 3+ seasons. I also think extending the East might be an option, rather than filling the corners.

FWIW I like the corners, you can get a good view over Arthurs Seat, the Forth or Calton Hill depending on where you’re sitting, I think it adds something and blocking it off would be a shame.

Greencore
11-07-2019, 11:12 PM
Sign the best youngsters and do what celtic and the late rangers have been doing to other Scottish clubs, but play them!

Viva_Palmeiras
11-07-2019, 11:14 PM
Why would Hibs reveal their hand in negotiations re. Budget and allow prices to be inflated - makes sense to claim budget unchanged

FilipinoHibs
12-07-2019, 01:55 AM
With Ronald Gordon recently taking over as majority shareholder at Easter Road, where would people like to see the money invested/used.

With the 7 figure investment, whether it be 1 million or more, it’s a massive boost for our club and it could go towards many different areas of the club.

I’ve seen quite a few people talk about filling in one of the corners, or even bringing in safe standing somewhere in the stadium, but personally I don’t see the need in building a corner stand, I can see why people would want it, but until we are packing Easter Road week in week out, I don’t think we need it.

Personally, I would like to see it invested in wage budget, signing budget, or something less noticeable, but beneficial eg better run offs at the side of the pitch, making the games smoother, and hopefully the throw ins quicker (I hope I’m not the only one who noticed how slow our throw ins are 😩), or perhaps better changing rooms, something like Manchester City, obviously not quite as up there, but something similar, something that would help the players, perhaps even bring results.

By the look of two tranches of shares issued and price paid, the cash injection is £1.25 million. On the BBC website he says he is happy to have it invested in the squad. With the money being paid for a striker and the S****hrope boy plus the two we are all weighting for, that looks as if what is happening. Think Ron will loan the money for the indoor facility and academy which is why the floating charge agreement has been set up. Maybe HSL has a role to help fund these two projects.

Steve20
12-07-2019, 02:02 AM
On the playing budget. I’d rather we spent it trying to bring a better standard of player in than filling in the corners, which is not needed.

Dmas
12-07-2019, 05:14 AM
I’d like us to go down the same route as the owner of Brentford/ FC Midgytland went with recruitment, don’t know how far off our current team are but I’d like us to invest in the software/training of the current team so we can eliminate as much risk as possible with signings now we can offer a little more in term of wages without the mortgage debt.

California-Hibs
12-07-2019, 05:54 AM
....plus we got the 1 Million for McGinn reaching the Premier League.

With Doidge coming in for 350K and us bidding 125K for Ojo we certainly are loosening the purse strings this window and I have an inkling we aren't done. Wouldn't be surprised if Hibs are also trying to negotiate with Reading and Genoa for the services of McNaulty and Omeonga which will see our transfer dealing this window reach the 1 Million mark.

When was the last time we spent anywhere near that in a window?!...

So between the cash injection and McGinn cash boost I reckon we'll see a couple more transfers and plans for the said indoor pitch.

It's great times right now!

HibbySpurs
12-07-2019, 06:21 AM

With Doidge coming in for 350K and us bidding 125K for Ojo we certainly are loosening the purse strings this window and I have an inkling we aren't done. Wouldn't be surprised if Hibs are also trying to negotiate with Reading and Genoa for the services of McNaulty and Omeonga which will see our transfer dealing this window reach the 1 Million mark.

So between the cash injection and McGinn cash boost I reckon we'll see a couple more transfers and plans for the said indoor pitch.

Agreed, after years of our managers having to root around in the bargain basement looking for players it’s nice to be in a position to be buying players, so long as it’s done in a sustainable manner which I’m sure it will be.

Hibernian Verse
12-07-2019, 07:32 AM

The last time I saw Hibs spend £1m in a transfer window I was playing football manager!

I'm Spartacus
12-07-2019, 12:05 PM
The Ron Gordon investment is going to pale into insignificance to the fee we will receive from the McGinn sell on clause, that excites me more TBH!

theonlywayisup
12-07-2019, 02:27 PM
The Ron Gordon investment is going to pale into insignificance to the fee we will receive from the McGinn sell on clause, that excites me more TBH!

An excited Sharon Stone! Now that's a thought!

Keith_M
12-07-2019, 02:47 PM
An excited Sharon Stone! Now that's a thought!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0b/8b/ce/0b8bce9798c9fa74c65321a809503369.jpg

Liam6270
12-07-2019, 05:07 PM
We are not getting 19-20k crowds every week so filling the corners in is not necessary at the moment, I don’t want to see Hibs pay daft wages either though just because we have a bit more cash. It must be great for Hecky and Hibs to have this wee cash boost so I’ll trust them to use it wisely

Onceinawhile
12-07-2019, 11:01 PM
We are not getting 19-20k crowds every week so filling the corners in is not necessary at the moment, I don’t want to see Hibs pay daft wages either though just because we have a bit more cash. It must be great for Hecky and Hibs to have this wee cash boost so I’ll trust them to use it wisely

What crowds were we getting when we built the east?

Regardless, its not going to happen, there's not space behind the North West, the North East and southeast wouldn't get plan ing permission and south west is needed for access.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud cuckoo land

NAE NOOKIE
12-07-2019, 11:04 PM
If Ron Gordon was going to come on here and make a post looking to dumb down folks expectations if you ask me the OP is exactly what it would look like.

Eyrie
12-07-2019, 11:05 PM
I think there's scope do to something with the north east and south west corners, with access to the pitch at the south east.

Inconsequential
12-07-2019, 11:27 PM
What crowds were we getting when we built the east?

Regardless, its not going to happen, there's not space behind the North West, the North East and southeast wouldn't get plan ing permission and south west is needed for access.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud cuckoo land Spot on! What is the obsession with filling in the corners anyway? Why was the stadium not built that way in the first place? Because the stadium is hemmed in that's why. Two stands have a corner section tapered off to stay within the site boundaries as the public highway runs past both. Simples.

Onceinawhile
13-07-2019, 12:53 AM
I think there's scope do to something with the north east and south west corners, with access to the pitch at the south east.

How we going to get planning permission for anything east wise?

West wise the road is too tight and we don't own the land.

makaveli1875
13-07-2019, 06:49 AM
1 million investment , SJM windfall..... Still losing transfer targets to Aberdeen

Ron talks of challenging Celtic ,id be happy if he showed he was up for challenging the sheep 1st

Heisenberg
13-07-2019, 06:57 AM
1 million investment , SJM windfall..... Still losing transfer targets to Aberdeen

Ron talks of challenging Celtic ,id be happy if he showed he was up for challenging the sheep 1st

We offered him a fantastic contract according to the manager. If that wasn’t good enough then so be it. Aberdeen are welcome to pay over the odds.

makaveli1875
13-07-2019, 07:10 AM
We offered him a fantastic contract according to the manager. If that wasn’t good enough then so be it. Aberdeen are welcome to pay over the odds.

They will also be welcome to finish above us .. again

southsider
13-07-2019, 07:12 AM
Looks like John is going to stay at Villa as he is about to be offered a 'bumper deal'. However, after John lights up the EPL we will get a percentage of the £100 Million transfer fee.

Heisenberg
13-07-2019, 07:12 AM

So we should smash apart our budget and wage structure just to beat Aberdeen to the signing of one player? No chance. If Aberdeen finish above us it won’t be due to them beating us to Ojo.

Allant1981
13-07-2019, 07:17 AM

Why? Because they signed a player that absolutely no one(unless you follow s****horpe) will have heard of. Let's have a bit of faith in our manager and team

Pedantic_Hibee
13-07-2019, 07:20 AM
So we should smash apart our budget and wage structure just to beat Aberdeen to the signing of one player? No chance. If Aberdeen finish above us it won’t be due to them beating us to Ojo.

Correct.

Too many people losing their s*** over this.

Moulin Yarns
13-07-2019, 07:28 AM
Correct.

Especially as negotiating is ongoing if the media is to be believed.

makaveli1875
13-07-2019, 07:32 AM
Correct.

Not losing any **** , The sheep have been gazumping us for years . They have also been finishing above us for years . Ron talks of challenging Celtic , thats never going to happen when we cant even compete with the sheep in the transfer market .

MSK
13-07-2019, 08:06 AM
Not losing any **** , The sheep have been gazumping us for years . They have also been finishing above us for years . Ron talks of challenging Celtic , thats never going to happen when we cant even compete with the sheep in the transfer market .Did Ron say we were going to be challenging celtc this season ? Must have missed that in amongst the rest of the guff written on here

hibbyfraelibby
13-07-2019, 08:38 AM
Spot on! What is the obsession with filling in the corners anyway? Why was the stadium not built that way in the first place? Because the stadium is hemmed in that's why. Two stands have a corner section tapered off to stay within the site boundaries as the public highway runs past both. Simples.

Actually the roadway behind the South Stand is not public highway but a private roadway partly owned by the club. At the time it was constructed the St.Andrews Bowling Club before it was sold for development intruded into the footprint.