PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v The Rangers, Saturday 21 December

Jamesie
11-07-2019, 08:30 PM
Trying to do some forward planning for around Christmas time and thinking this must be an absolute stick on for being moved for TV (Celtic at home to Aberdeen and Hertz away to Hamilton so clearly this is the most attractive fixture for coverage).

For once I can see the Police putting their foot down when it comes to a Friday night game - Hibs v Rangers + Black Friday might just be a step too far - and am I right in thinking this season’s arrangements mean either a Saturday lunchtime kick off or Sunday afternoon?

Frazerbob
11-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Guaranteed Sat or Sun lunch time I’d say. Sunday if it follows European ties.

Oh and it’s Mad Friday. Black Friday is when Americans fight over TV’s and George Foreman Grills.

Jamesie
11-07-2019, 08:49 PM

Oh and it’s Mad Friday. Black Friday is when Americans fight over TV’s and George Foreman Grills.

Indeed it is Mad Friday. Europa League Group stages end a week or so beforehand so Sat lunchtime can’t be ruled out.

Here’s Lucy!
11-07-2019, 09:06 PM

‘Mad Friday’ will be tomorrow night, when the Gorgie trash get beaten by Dundee Hibernian. :greengrin

Eyrie
11-07-2019, 09:16 PM
‘Mad Friday’ will be tomorrow night, when the Gorgie trash get beaten by Dundee Hibernian. :greengrin

Fingers crossed.

H18 SFR
11-07-2019, 09:28 PM
Wife is trying to book the ferry to Ireland for Christmas and is getting annoyed because I can't confirm what day this game will be played.

Swedish hibee
11-07-2019, 09:31 PM
Is Black Friday not in November? It is over here anyway!!

Cardinal G
11-07-2019, 09:36 PM

Down here in England its called Black Eye Friday.

CA Hibby
11-07-2019, 10:35 PM
Is Black Friday not in November? It is over here anyway!!

It is in the States, always the last Friday in November

Smartie
12-07-2019, 07:13 AM
I always thought Black Friday was the last Friday before Christmas when loads of workers go on the piss straight from work and chaos ensues.

Over the past few years it seems to have turned into a festival of retail gluttony a month or so earlier.

Lendo
12-07-2019, 07:27 AM
I always thought Black Friday was the last Friday before Christmas when loads of workers go on the piss straight from work and chaos ensues.

Over the past few years it seems to have turned into s festival of retail gluttony a month or so earlier.

I've always referred to it as this too. Never heard of Mad Friday before.

Frazerbob
12-07-2019, 08:46 AM
As someone who’s worked in the ‘trade’ for 25+ years, the last Friday before Christmas (unless that falls within a few days of the big day, in which case it’s the week before) has always been known as ‘Mad Friday’ in Edinburgh. I believe in Glasgow it is ‘Black Friday’. Another salt n sauce/vinegar situation. In the last decade or so, since online shopping took off, the American Black Friday is the big day for retail, which falls on the last Friday in November. I hope that clears things up.

Still think the game will be Saturday or Sunday lunchtime.

Bristolhibby
12-07-2019, 08:54 AM

Over the past few years it seems to have turned into a festival of retail gluttony a month or so earlier.

That’s been my take. I’ve always called the last work day pussup before Christmas as Black Friday. No Danger we will be playing Dee Huns that night.

J

Jamesie
12-07-2019, 10:24 AM
Wife is trying to book the ferry to Ireland for Christmas and is getting annoyed because I can't confirm what day this game will be played.

This is one where the TV companies could quite easily make an early decision and do all of the fans like you and me (and, ironically, those who follow The Rangers who might have similar issues as you and your wife over transport!) a favour. Whether Hibs would have any ability to encourage an early call on this remains to be seen but I might flag this thread to the fans representatives for info.

Bristolhibby
12-07-2019, 10:37 AM
This is one where the TV companies could quite easily make an early decision and do all of the fans like you and me (and, ironically, those who follow The Rangers who might have similar issues as you and your wife over transport!) a favour. Whether Hibs would have any ability to encourage an early call on this remains to be seen but I might flag this thread to the fans representatives for info.

Correct, it’s obvious it is going to be moved. Let’s act with decisiveness for once. C’mon SPFL/BT/Sky, get it called.

J

southsider
12-07-2019, 10:48 AM
Will the Huns game away on 10th August be moved for TV ?

Steven79
12-07-2019, 10:50 AM

I'm sure if they are still in Europe then it will be moved to the Sunday.

Wheat Hound
12-07-2019, 10:57 AM

Yes think that's likely as they have Cork City or Progres (surely not again!) in the next round

southsider
12-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Cheers, if not on tv will pick it up on Hibs tv.

davhibby
12-07-2019, 12:58 PM

It's not, they've already picked the August games. As said above it's about a 90% chance it'll be the Sunday at 3 though

Tarrahib
12-07-2019, 02:14 PM
Very seldom are Rangers and Celtic league games at home on TV, unless they are playing each other.

Jamesie
12-07-2019, 02:28 PM
It's not, they've already picked the August games. As said above it's about a 90% chance it'll be the Sunday at 3 though

Yup Sunday 3pm has been standard practice for post-Europa League fixtures for a wee while now if not on TV.

Billy Whizz
12-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Yup Sunday 3pm has been standard practice for post-Europa League fixtures for a wee while now if not on TV.

If they get through this round, presume they’ll have 2 other qualifiers to play before Hibs. Hope they are somewhere near Russia on the Thursday night before they play us😄

Jamesie
14-07-2019, 11:26 AM
Just by way of update Kieran Power is going to raise this when he’s next at Easter Road in a couple of weeks, will be interesting to see if anything can be done!

skankomcphee
22-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Any updates on this need to get the Christmas travel sorted oot

Power
22-07-2019, 12:09 PM
Any updates on this need to get the Christmas travel sorted oot

No change at the moment.

green&left
22-07-2019, 12:30 PM

I've booked up to see Feyenoord later in the year and every single Eredivisie TV game for the season was announced/confirmed the day the fixtures came out. No reason we can't do similar, at least up until the winter shutdown or even the split.

davhibby
22-07-2019, 01:05 PM
I've booked up to see Feyenoord later in the year and every single Eredivisie TV game for the season was announced/confirmed the day the fixtures came out. No reason we can't do similar, at least up until the winter shutdown or even the split.

There's no comparison there since every single game all season is live on TV in Holland.

green&left
22-07-2019, 02:03 PM
There's no comparison there since every single game all season is live on TV in Holland.

They've still got to decide on the dates and kick-off times tbf which they've done.

Jamesie
22-07-2019, 04:08 PM
They've still got to decide on the dates and kick-off times tbf which they've done.

You would think in Scotland we could at least establish if the game will be on the Saturday or on the Sunday!

Phil MaGlass
22-07-2019, 06:22 PM
Im coming across for the Hibs v Dons game beginning of Dec with 5 Dutch mates. We had to book flights from Friday morning, leaving Sunday night, just incase the dates are changed, pain in the arse, forking oot for an extra night incase the games moved, its a bloody joke. We have a good number of fans that have to travel distances for games and we need to book in advance for best deals. How the hell they cant fix dates is beyond me. I used to fly atleast 4-6 times a year for games but after 2 games (the last being Livi) were changed after I had booked flights, I just gave in. Christ who would have thought the Livi game would have been moved a day earlier ffs.

Billy Whizz
22-07-2019, 06:41 PM
Im coming across for the Hibs v Dons game beginning of Dec with 5 Dutch mates. We had to book flights from Friday morning, leaving Sunday night, just incase the dates are changed, pain in the arse, forking oot for an extra night incase the games moved, its a bloody joke. We have a good number of fans that have to travel distances for games and we need to book in advance for best deals. How the hell they cant fix dates is beyond me. I used to fly atleast 4-6 times a year for games but after 2 games (the last being Livi) were changed after I had booked flights, I just gave in. Christ who would have thought the Livi game would have been moved a day earlier ffs.

Phil, good decision by you, Dons away has regularly been moved for TV. Can’t remember too many Saturday 3pm ko’s

HoboHarry
22-07-2019, 06:43 PM
Is the game still on and if it is will it be Sevco Mark 2? :faf::faf:

tonyrougier123
22-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Is the game still on and if it is will it be Sevco Mark 2? :faf::faf:

I was just txting a sevco mate.and he says he will wait to see what the daily ranger print before taking stock of what it means 😂👏.

Since90+2
22-07-2019, 06:55 PM
Phil, good decision by you, Dons away has regularly been moved for TV. Can’t remember too many Saturday 3pm ko’s

The game in December is at home not at Pittodrie.

Billy Whizz
22-07-2019, 07:07 PM

Wooosh moment

davhibby
23-07-2019, 12:21 AM

For future reference for anyone, any home league game that's not against Celtic, Rangers or Hearts won't be on the tv(before the split anyway) as we can only have 6 home games and 2 against each takes up those slots. So the only reason any other game would move is due to a clash with a cup tie

Phil MaGlass
24-07-2019, 08:38 AM

had to look twice there, gave me a heart attack:greengrin

skankomcphee
24-07-2019, 03:46 PM
Getting all kinds of grief over this now, why a decision can be made is beyond me.

Jamesie
25-07-2019, 12:34 PM
I've now tweeted both Sky Sports and BT Sports twice but not even received the courtesy of a response.

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Agree, it would be handy to know. I’ve delayed making Xmas night out plans for that wkend but have eventually had to go ahead and make them. Now hoping the game is either early ko on the Sat or Sun and I should be able to make it. If it’s 3pm on the Sat as currently planned then I’ll miss it