PDA

View Full Version : Attending the Tiny PBS - advice needed

Eyrie
11-07-2019, 05:03 PM
Friend is a Dundee United fan, so we're going to their game tomorrow night against Hearts.

However it's a long time since I was last at the Tiny PBS so I need some practical advice on what to expect. I know how to get there etc, but it's the details that you don't find elsewhere that I'm after such as how to get the best photo of the Castle. Or is it true that, in their average home attendance, only half the fans are Hun wannabees and the other guy is actually OK?

hibbyfraelibby
11-07-2019, 05:16 PM
Friend is a Dundee United fan, so we're going to their game tomorrow night against Hearts.

However it's a long time since I was last at the Tiny PBS so I need some practical advice on what to expect. I know how to get there etc, but it's the details that you don't find elsewhere that I'm after such as how to get the best photo of the Castle. Or is it true that, in their average home attendance, only half the fans are Hun wannabees and the other guy is actually OK?

First of all avoid licking the glass wall...they all have so no knowing what you'll catch.

Second whe asking directions remember it's Piazza er a Pizza no a Plazza...and dont eat their Pizza

Third If you are collecting tickets just ask for Duncan

Fourth the away stand is the Roseburn Stand and a death trap. Make sure you have insurance.

Finally remember to hide your coconut in your hoodie and before throwing it burn your spoon so they will recognise you as a Dundee Hibernian

WoreTheGreen
11-07-2019, 05:23 PM

Take your own salt& sauce

ChicoM1875
11-07-2019, 05:24 PM

CHIPS will be served

Billy Whizz
11-07-2019, 05:25 PM
CHIPS will be served

Only in the Main stand

tamig
11-07-2019, 06:08 PM

Wear some sturdy footwear that has excellent grip. The metal staircase that provides access to the away end is in a poor state and becomes hazardous in damp conditions. You may be lucky if the weather stays dry.

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-07-2019, 06:56 PM
Wear a large gas mask and go to a car wash afterwards for a full scrub down...you'll need it! :agree:

hfc-1875
11-07-2019, 06:57 PM
Best advice - dodge it.

Kato
11-07-2019, 07:10 PM
Wirewool and Dettol post match, you know it makes sense.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-07-2019, 07:35 PM
Don’t ****ing do it. There’s your advice

tamig
11-07-2019, 07:44 PM
Wirewool and Dettol post match, you know it makes sense.

Indeed. Full nuclear decontamination measures required.

Eyrie
11-07-2019, 09:12 PM
I've made sure my innoculations are up to date :agree:

Noted re the staircase as the forecast is showers.

Can I take my own neck brace?

hibbyfraelibby
11-07-2019, 09:46 PM
Can I take my own neck brace?

Only if its made of brass so you fit in

son of haggart
11-07-2019, 10:13 PM

You can photograph Tynecastle from any angle and it still looks great

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-07-2019, 10:18 PM

Great?

****hole more like.

Lancs Harp
11-07-2019, 10:23 PM
Get there early Hearts are expecting a 250,000 gate.

Bostonhibby
11-07-2019, 10:29 PM
Post a picture of the castle[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Smartie
11-07-2019, 10:33 PM

I'm doing likewise with a United-supporting mate tomorrow.

I've never been to Tynecastle or a Hearts game when Hibs haven't been playing before.

We need to hook these weirdos up with each other so that we're not subjected to such nonsense in future.

"So, Maurice Malpas isn't actually a dick then?"

iwasthere1972
11-07-2019, 10:59 PM
Take some Cif and a cleaning cloth with you to clean the bird **** of your seat. Well I think it's the woman who did it and not the man.

Yes it's a **** hole.

jgl07
12-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Don't even think about it.

The place is a death trap!

FilipinoHibs
12-07-2019, 12:41 AM

Deep heat for your necks as you follow the flight of the Jambo hoofs.

wallpaperman
12-07-2019, 05:54 AM
Beware of the Tiny toilets as Doctor football could be spending quite a bit of time in them before the game.

One bad result tonight and the crowd could turn on him quite quickly, and he knows it. Without Haring, Naismith, Djoum, the midfield seems really light and Neilson will have an experienced Utd team up for it.

On BT Sport for the curious amongst us.

Treadstone
12-07-2019, 05:59 AM
Stand in the plaza and start applauding.

Barney McGrew
12-07-2019, 06:09 AM
you can photograph tynecastle from any angle and it still looks great

:faf:

lyonhibs
12-07-2019, 06:12 AM
If you're in the new shiny office block, beware of any poorly lit corridors or escalators. They most probably lead to a breeze block dead end.

BILLYHIBS
12-07-2019, 06:14 AM

:faf:

All that money and still counting and only a Silver Award...Oh ma aching sides!

Are the Changing Rooms finished yet?
(Serious question)

:greengrin

Kojock
12-07-2019, 06:15 AM
Take a spare pair of pants cause you’ll p155 yourself laughing at the nick of the Duncan’s 😂

Smartie
12-07-2019, 06:27 PM
**** me boys - you need to see this glass curtain.

I don't have a sister, but if I did she'd be in a world of trouble right now......:.

A Hi-Bee
12-07-2019, 06:37 PM

I'll have a couple of pints of whatever you are on.

Newry Hibs
12-07-2019, 07:10 PM
Stand in the plaza and start applauding.

Right. I've got to ask, what is this about?

Forever_Green93
12-07-2019, 08:28 PM
Right. I've got to ask, what is this about?

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?339783-This-beats-Bulgarian-Balconies

Newry Hibs
12-07-2019, 08:39 PM

Good grief!

Albanian Hibs
12-07-2019, 09:01 PM

🤣🤣🤣

Eyrie
12-07-2019, 11:04 PM
Well, I survived.

The Tiny PBS looks bad from the outside and worse inside which makes me appreciate Easter Road even more. Very little room between the box and the touchline.

Based on their performance this evening, Hearts won't get near us this season. All they do is hoof the ball at Ikpeazu. Plan B seems to involve falling over if there is an opponent nearby, which was successful enough for Clancy to prompt chants of "You're just a Hun with a whistle" from the away end.

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-07-2019, 08:05 AM

WTF is that supposed to mean? Weirdo 😨