PDA

View Full Version : Doidge

GreenCastle
10-07-2019, 09:14 PM
Great to see him score and assist the goals last night.

Also worked hard and can hold the ball up.

His header was good and nice to have an aerial threat up top.

Think he will really be a fans favourite with his work rate and attitude.

H18 SFR
10-07-2019, 09:36 PM
I firmly believe that Doidge and Kamberi have the makings of a good 2 up top.

CRAZYHIBBY
10-07-2019, 09:41 PM
I firmly believe that Doidge and Kamberi have the makings of a good 2 up top.

:greengrin

Nicho87
10-07-2019, 09:49 PM
Be interesting who misses out when mcnulty signs.

Michael
10-07-2019, 09:53 PM

If McNulty signs then Kamberi will probably leave. Don't think we could afford all three.

Hibernian32
10-07-2019, 11:17 PM
If McNulty signs then Kamberi will probably leave. Don't think we could afford all three.

Big ronnie's got it covered.

Unseen work
10-07-2019, 11:22 PM

Would be very disappointed if that was the case and if it was I’d rather we never went for McNulty as I prefer Kamberi.

Flo has a poor season but let’s remember he was injured for a lot of it which he played through, for very poor treatment from Lennon and then played out of position, all in a team low in confidence and not creating a lot of chances.

Hes came back fit and sharp and I’m confident with the players around him now he will contribute a lot.

Hes also 3 years younger and better chance of a sell on fee

If we did end up with Flo, McNulty Doidge and Shaw it would be near enough impossible to keep them all satisfied

matty_f
10-07-2019, 11:28 PM
His goal last night looked exact like the sort of goal he’d been brought in to score -very similar to many that he scored in his Youtube highlights.

Heisenberg
11-07-2019, 05:08 AM

I don’t think McNulty will sign. If Reading suddenly decide to drop their asking price or let him out on loan again I think Flo will either go or be on the bench (which he won’t be happy with).

BILLYHIBS
11-07-2019, 05:18 AM
Great to carry a threat from a corner kick situation again

Now when was the last time...........?

:cup::scarf:

MagicSwirlingShip
11-07-2019, 05:20 AM
Been a while since we've had an effective "target man" style forward who carries a real goal threat.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-07-2019, 06:17 AM
Teams will come to ER this season and sit in. One way to get through that is to move the ball from side to side and look for the gaps but sometimes firing the ball into the box is equally effective. Especially when it doesn't come straight back out again. Doidge will give us that option.

we are hibs
11-07-2019, 06:24 AM

Mcnulty would be on the bench until one or both hit a poor run of form

Gmack7
11-07-2019, 06:24 AM
Been a while since we've had an effective "target man" style forward who carries a real goal threat.

Chris Killen was the last imo

Hibernian32
11-07-2019, 07:46 AM
Chris Killen was the last imo

Think we should forget he ever played for our club

hibbie02
11-07-2019, 08:17 AM
I don’t think McNulty will sign. If Reading suddenly decide to drop their asking price or let him out on loan again I think Flo will either go or be on the bench (which he won’t be happy with).

McNulty has been told he can leave and find another club. Their asking price is pretty much irrelevant. It is his contract that is the blocker now. Does he get a pay off? Does he get a big sign on? What wages will be on offer.

WellingtonHibby
11-07-2019, 08:24 AM

Why? Scored in the 3 0 against the Huns.
Hibs treated him shabbily and he left.

Peevemor
11-07-2019, 08:43 AM

How did Hibs treat him shabbily? He was a great striker but missed a lot of games through inury. Hibs offered him a 1 year contract extension but he chose to go to Celtic.

MagicSwirlingShip
11-07-2019, 08:45 AM

No chance. The period that he was banging them in for us was one of my favourite ever times as a Hibs fan

franck sauzee
11-07-2019, 08:48 AM
Don't remember much particularly bad feeling towards Killen
Bit of a strange comment

The_Horde
11-07-2019, 08:51 AM

Because he's a beast and a horrible f****r

we are hibs
11-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Think the comment maybe to do with the fact he sexually assaulted a women in 2016.

Hibernian32
11-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Bit of a strange comment

He has been convicted of sexual assuslt

lord bunberry
11-07-2019, 08:53 AM
Bit of a strange comment
I googled him to see if he’d up to no good and it turns out he was convicted of sexual assault. He grabbed a girls arse when he was on a night out I think. That might explain the comment.

Hibernian32
11-07-2019, 08:53 AM
I googled him to see if he’d up to no good and it turns out he was convicted of sexual assault. He grabbed a girls arse when he was on a night out I think. That might explain the comment.

While she was sleeping???

Allant1981
11-07-2019, 08:56 AM

He went into the house they were in and got into bed with her and then touched her, a bit more than just grabbing her backside on a night out

lord bunberry
11-07-2019, 08:56 AM
While she was sleeping???
I don’t know anything about it, I just googled his name and saw a small piece of the story.

lord bunberry
11-07-2019, 08:58 AM
He went into the house they were in and got into bed with her and then touched her, a bit more than just grabbing her backside on a night out
Fair enough I’m not defending the guy. The headline I read said he was drunk and groped her backside.

hibbyfraelibby
11-07-2019, 09:02 AM

We need to strengthen, not weaken, our attacking options so why off load Flo?

We need two players for each position in the squad backed up by a development player in the squad and right now we are one short up front.

Wilson
11-07-2019, 09:07 AM

He still played for us - and was a good player.

Unless we are changing the words to our songs to include "if you whitewash your history" I may just choose to remember that he did.

BoomtownHibees
11-07-2019, 09:09 AM

That makes it ok then

Wilson
11-07-2019, 09:11 AM
That makes it ok then

If you take a line out of context then you miss the point. Read, understand, and quote my whole post please.

MyJo
11-07-2019, 09:12 AM
How the hell did a positive thread about our new signing turn into an argument about Chris Killen and something he done ten years after he played for us?

hibbyfraelibby
11-07-2019, 09:12 AM

...and Rolf Harris was a good artist.

JimBHibees
11-07-2019, 09:25 AM
Mcnulty would be on the bench until one or both hit a poor run of form

Don't think he would.

greenlex
11-07-2019, 02:32 PM
How the hell did a positive thread about our new signing turn into an argument about Chris Killen and something he done ten years after he played for us?
Because it’s on .net. This place is unbelievable at times.

The 90+2
11-07-2019, 02:44 PM
Chris Killen? What the actual....?

G B Young
11-07-2019, 03:18 PM

Unless we are changing the words to our songs to include "if you whitewash your history" I may just choose to remember that he did.

The incident in question also took place almost ten years after he played for Hibs. Yet in the eyes of some that should still diminish his time with us?!

FWIW I remember him being a very decent front man on his day and a really useful player to have in a squad already laden with attacking talent. As somebody else has said though, he was also injury prone. I got the sense he saw Hibs as something of a stepping stone to bigger things and was off to Celtic fairly sharpish despite Hibs putting a lot of work into getting him fit.

I was in the front row of the stand behind the goal at Ibrox when he put us 3-0 up in the aforementioned Scottish Cup tie. Unforgettable day.

Hibs90
11-07-2019, 03:22 PM
Cautiously impressed by Doidge.

Brightside
11-07-2019, 03:41 PM
Doidge has went from rubbish to great in 2 games. Love the .net.

overdrive
11-07-2019, 03:43 PM
I thought he was rubbish against Dunfermline. Everyone was though.

04Sauzee
11-07-2019, 04:30 PM
I thought he was rubbish against Dunfermline. Everyone was though.

Thought he was more than decent, thought Mallan in the 1St half and Horgan in the 2nd were also more than decent

WeeRussell
12-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Doidge has went from rubbish to great in 2 games. Love the .net.

Grant Holt managed it in 1! :wink:

(albeit a derby)

Keith_M
12-07-2019, 06:31 PM
Does anybody else read his name as 'Dodgy'?

Frazerbob
13-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Went into hiding at the pens. Not great for a number 9.

Clarence
13-07-2019, 05:59 PM

Correct. You don’t win medals by hiding away at crucial moments.

Heisenberg
13-07-2019, 06:01 PM

We won the shootout, seems like he made a good decision. Not all strikers like hitting pens.

horseflesh
13-07-2019, 06:06 PM
Grant Holt managed it in 1! :wink:

(albeit a derby)

Nah but in my head I pronounce it dodge but with a worzel gummidge/Somerset accent.
Kinda comes out doyydggee but again, that’s only in my head

weecounty hibby
13-07-2019, 06:15 PM
I remember our No 9 of the day missing a penalty against Liege that ended up putting us out of Europe. Not all strikers are best penalty takers

RossScott1991
13-07-2019, 06:17 PM
I liked look of Doidge. Starved of service today, but looks hard working and decent in air. Definitely looks a striker needs a partner though. Hoping the big man is a good signing

B.H.F.C
13-07-2019, 06:24 PM
I agree that it was a bit odd. But I thought Doidge was the least of our issues today. I think he’ll do well with the right service.

BILLYHIBS
13-07-2019, 06:25 PM
I remember our No 9 of the day missing a penalty against Liege that ended up putting us out of Europe. Not all strikers are best penalty takers

Andy Goram was Captain that night and he ran half the length of the pitch to make sure Houchie took the pen as he was on him for first scorer 😁

Bob Box Fish
13-07-2019, 06:36 PM
I think Doidge would do well with a strike partner in a different formation. Hoofing it long to him in the first half was eye bleeding. Hecky seems stubborn with this formation, hopefully he will try some others in the league cup game after today’s performance.

B.H.F.C
13-07-2019, 06:40 PM
I think Doidge would do well with a strike partner in a different formation. Hoofing it long to him in the first half was eye bleeding. Hecky seems stubborn with this formation, hopefully he will try some others in the league cup game after today’s performance.

I think he’ll do fine with Boyle and Horgan either side of him. His one chance (probably should have scored) was from Horgan’s one decent ball in. Newell didn’t give him anything to attack.

Scouse Hibee
13-07-2019, 07:34 PM

Because he never took a penalty he went into hiding? Aye okay then. :rolleyes:

SON OF PADDY
13-07-2019, 08:20 PM
Because he never took a penalty he went into hiding? Aye okay then. :rolleyes:

You would expect him to at least put his name forward, to take a penalty?

Jonnyboy
13-07-2019, 08:52 PM

Only because he wasn't allowed to head it :greengrin

Cod Boy
13-07-2019, 10:07 PM

Correct a centre forward should always want to take a penalty

RIP
13-07-2019, 10:27 PM

After missing one against Arbroath? Really?

Cod Boy
13-07-2019, 10:31 PM
After missing one against Arbroath? Really?

Cummings missed one then scored the winning penalty in same game 2016 semi final all about confidence

SON OF PADDY
13-07-2019, 11:01 PM
Cummings missed one then scored the winning penalty in same game 2016 semi final all about confidence

If you're not confident enough to take a penalty kick your in the wrong profession?

Cod Boy
13-07-2019, 11:02 PM
If you're not confident enough to take a penalty kick your in the wrong profession?

True Roddy

Scotty Leither
14-07-2019, 12:58 AM

I wouldn't hold my breath...I think Heckingbottom is overly cautious and he's one of these managers who thinks that "we start the game with a point and if we get three, then that's a bonus". Not impressed with his signings thus far either.

The SPFL is a better standard than many down south think and i've had my fill of journeymen nobodies at Easter Road and it looks like we've signed another batch of them in the likes of Jackson and Newell.

That was absolutely turgid today and the manager seems in denial if he's pronouncing himself happy with that.

MWHIBBIES
14-07-2019, 01:24 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath...I think Heckingbottom is overly cautious and he's one of these managers who thinks that "we start the game with a point and if we get three, then that's a bonus". Not impressed with his signings thus far either.

The SPFL is a better standard than many down south think and i've had my fill of journeymen nobodies at Easter Road and it looks like we've signed another batch of them in the likes of Jackson and Newell.

That was absolutely turgid today and the manager seems in denial if he's pronouncing himself happy with that.
How can Jackson be getting any stick today? He was solid, won his battles. Doesn't look like a journeyman at all.

Stokesy's on fire
14-07-2019, 06:16 AM

Regardless of that he was a good footballer his conviction does not change that.

The_Horde
14-07-2019, 07:04 AM
Regardless of that he was a good footballer his conviction does not change that.

Didn't he also get a pretty bad injury and we helped him back to full health, only for him to sign for celtic?

**** him. Plenty better players that have played for us that are worth celebrating. Not that Judas beast.

Scouse Hibee
14-07-2019, 07:08 AM

He missed his last one so wasn’t taking one of the first five, no big deal. No doubt if he had missed again folk would be questioning why he took one.

judas
14-07-2019, 07:42 AM
I’ve not seen this guy yet so I can’t judge him.

But I don’t think the penalty question is particularly significant.

In fact I think the scrutiny it’s receiving is unnecessary and unhelpful.

SON OF PADDY
14-07-2019, 07:57 AM
He missed his last one so wasn’t taking one of the first five, no big deal. No doubt if he had missed again folk would be questioning why he took one.

As I've already stated !
Their all professional footballers if they can't believe in themselves to take and score from the penalty spot, they have no right being on the pitch in the first place.

Scouse Hibee
14-07-2019, 08:05 AM
As I've already stated !
Their all professional footballers if they can't believe in themselves to take and score from the penalty spot, they have no right being on the pitch in the first place.

Aye whatever, you have obviously already written him off so carry on with your campaign. If you don’t mind I’ll give him a bit more slack. Jeezo I despair with the negativity of some folk on here. And it’s they’re not their 👍

Lee Marvin
14-07-2019, 08:07 AM
As I've already stated !

Agreed. I'm going to boo the absolute sh#t out of him during the next game. That'll teach him and hopefully let the manager know he should be nowhere near the pitch again.

SON OF PADDY
14-07-2019, 08:24 AM
Aye whatever, you have obviously already written him off so carry on with your campaign. If you don’t mind I’ll give him a bit more slack. Jeezo I despair with the negativity of some folk on here. And it’s they’re not their 👍

Are you for real ?
I never said I'd written any player off, I simply stated that he should have been up for taking a penalty!
You do realise that this is a fan's message board, it's for folks to give their own opinions.

Cheerio now 👋👋👋

Scouse Hibee
14-07-2019, 08:27 AM
Are you for real ?
I never said I'd written any player off, I simply stated that he should have been up for taking a penalty!
You do realise that this is a fan's message board, it's for folks to give their own opinions.

Cheerio now 👋👋👋

No, you said he had no right being on the pitch, which is totally different so cheerio indeed.👍

And remember opinions can be questioned especially if they appear to be ridiculous which yours clearly was.

SON OF PADDY
14-07-2019, 08:51 AM
No, you said he had no right being on the pitch, which is totally different so cheerio indeed.👍

And remember opinions can be questioned especially if they appear to be ridiculous which yours clearly was.

Whatever you say ! 🙄🙄

Scouse Hibee
14-07-2019, 08:53 AM
Whatever you say ! 🙄🙄

Finally you see sense 👍

SON OF PADDY
14-07-2019, 09:01 AM
Finally you see sense 👍

Touche ! 😏

Eyrie
14-07-2019, 09:34 AM
As I've already stated !

So we can just randomly select the penalty takers from whoever is on the pitch?

The penalties need to be taken by the players most likely to score them. I'm slightly surprised that Doidge wasn't in the top six but, given that five of those scored in the shoot out and the other scored from the spot during the game, I'm not bothered as it shows we have plenty of good alternatives.

DTS
14-07-2019, 09:39 AM
The only penalty taker I was surprised to see in front of doidge was fraser Murray and he scored comfortably. Mallan and James both strike dead balls very clean, Allan scored in the game and again strikes a ball clean, Whittaker took pens for rangers and some very big ones and I don’t think he ever missed for them, Horgan and Horgan scored at Dunfermline. In all honesty I think Hanlon would’ve been next as he is also a very good penalty taker. Position on the pitch does not dictate if you’re a good penalty taker or not.