PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MATCHDAY EXPERIENCE PACKAGES AVAILABLE FOR 2019/20

RSS Bot
10-07-2019, 11:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10116)

dp00
10-07-2019, 12:45 PM
This has to be one for the fans reps ? Why are we charging schools & youth teams that already struggle for this experience ?

Surely this should be free ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power
10-07-2019, 03:27 PM
This has to be one for the fans reps ? Why are we charging schools & youth teams that already struggle for this experience ?

Interesting point. The club does a lot with youth clubs and tickets.

Funnily enough, my son and his team are looking at purchasing their place in a match this year - cost to parents not the youth club. They had this experience at Tynecastle last year, Half time heroes, for the same cost.

Given what’s included in the package it seems a reasonable price?

mayo hibee
10-07-2019, 05:48 PM
Really think the kids experiences should be free. Just because Hearts charge for it doesn't make it OK that we also do, we can do better than that.

Scottish Rugby are fantastic at this kind of thing with their two pro teams - the kids get a game on the pitch at half time, an official kids jersey each, a Q&A with a player who is not in the matchday squad that day and a few minutes for autograph opportunities with the first team players after the game. All free of charge. The kids get an experience that sells the club to them for life so it pays itself back over time - in addition to it just being the right way to do it.

Would be great if a fan rep could raise this actually.

Brightside
10-07-2019, 05:52 PM
I normally stick up for Hibs but this is a shocker. We’ve had plenty teams go along for the half time run around and it cost nothing. The idea that people should pay £35 for a session with a community coach at HTC is nuts and more fool any team that pays for it.

Power
10-07-2019, 08:41 PM
Really think the kids experiences should be free. Just because Hearts charge for it doesn't make it OK that we also do, we can do better than that.

Scottish Rugby are fantastic at this kind of thing with their two pro teams - the kids get a game on the pitch at half time, an official kids jersey each, a Q&A with a player who is not in the matchday squad that day and a few minutes for autograph opportunities with the first team players after the game. All free of charge. The kids get an experience that sells the club to them for life so it pays itself back over time - in addition to it just being the right way to do it.

Would be great if a fan rep could raise this actually.

I can absolutely pass it onto Commercial and Marketing that own this piece to assess the cost v value.

The topic flipped on its head - there would potentially be more applications than games.

Balance needed.

bingo70
10-07-2019, 08:46 PM

Funnily enough, my son and his team are looking at purchasing their place in a match this year - cost to parents not the youth club. They had this experience at Tynecastle last year, Half time heroes, for the same cost.

Might be a reasonable price if you’ve got it.

What happens to the one kid in the team who’s parents are already paying out all they can afford?

I think this is poor from the club, thought we were meant to be growing the community links?

dp00
10-07-2019, 08:56 PM

Just think when we are talking about being at the heart of the community we shouldn’t be charging for these experiences

What happens to the kids who’s family can’t afford as an example ?

It might be worth around 40k to Hibs a season however I think it should be something we are going to the kids in the community for free

Itsnoteasy
11-07-2019, 09:15 AM

Another avenue to fleece the fans. Don't forget they also have the mascots package as well, which consists of about 6 kids coming out with team before kick off.

What happened to the good old days when a kids name who was a Hibs kid was drawn out of the hat for the mascot experience. This cost nothing, they would come out before kick off, get a kick about on the field & get to fire some shots into the goalie. Changed days.🙄

my left peg
11-07-2019, 11:04 AM
Might be a reasonable price if you’ve got it.

What happens to the one kid in the team who’s parents are already paying out all they can afford?

I think this is poor from the club, thought we were meant to be growing the community links?

We organised this for our boys club over two games last season,we had 38 boys taking part and they all had a fantastic experience,plus hibs got a whack of money!
We are good at fund raising ,so that the boys didn’t have to pay a penny,which ment nobody missed out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk