PDA

View Full Version : Starting XI - Season 19/20

hibee-boys
10-07-2019, 08:15 AM
Not been able to make it to any of the games so far. Based on who/what you've seen how would you expect us to line up when the league season kicks off?

H18 SFR
10-07-2019, 08:18 AM
Marciano
Gray
Hanlon
McGregor
Mackie
Mallan
Allan
Boyle
Horgan
Kamberi
Doidge

calumhibee1
10-07-2019, 09:29 AM
Rocky

Gray
Daz
Hanlon
Mackie (preferably Stevenson if he recovers quicker)

Mallan
New signing (Stirling if I have to put players in that we currently have)

Boyle
Allan
Horgan

Flo/Doidge

I reckon Mallan looks like he’s expected to play as a deeper midfielder from what I’ve saw the last two games. If that’s the case he needs someone in there with him whos more defensive minded which we don’t really have right now. We couldn’t possibly play top flight football with a three of Mallan/Allan/Murray/Horgan in the middle.

Allan looks to me like he’ll be pushed on into playing off the striker.

B.H.F.C
10-07-2019, 10:03 AM
If everyone is fit and available then the only new signings I see in our first choice 11 are Allan, Doidge and hopefully a new midfielder.

bigswissstriker
10-07-2019, 10:42 AM
Surely Jackson will be starting over hanlon? When Jackson came on against Dunfermline we were much better, especially when building from the back. Hanlon too slow on the ball for me. Think a lot of fans prefer just because of who he is.

Edit
I think we will start with
Rocky
James
daz
Jackson
Mackie

Mallan
New holding midfielder

Boyle
Allan
Horgan/Newell

Doidge

Leitherhibs
10-07-2019, 10:51 AM
Rocky

Gray/James
jackson
porto
stevenson/mackie

mallan
cdm - Would be disappointed to start the season without the matty jack role being filled.

Boyle
allan
horgan

doidge/kamberi

h18eeynick
10-07-2019, 11:57 AM
Rocky

Gray
Daz
Hanlon
Mackie (preferably Stevenson if he recovers quicker)

Mallan
New signing (Stirling if I have to put players in that we currently have)

Boyle
Allan
Horgan

Flo/Doidge

I reckon Mallan looks like he’s expected to play as a deeper midfielder from what I’ve saw the last two games. If that’s the case he needs someone in there with him whos more defensive minded which we don’t really have right now. We couldn’t possibly play top flight football with a three of Mallan/Allan/Murray/Horgan in the middle.

Allan looks to me like he’ll be pushed on into playing off the striker.

Yeah I noticed last night that Allan pushed right up front when he came on, chasing everything. 2 great finishes so far as well so looking really good for him and you can see he is desperate to make up for lost time. A couple of passes didnt quite come off for him but they were full of class trying them and would have opened opportunities. Think we will see the best of him this season

danhibees1875
10-07-2019, 12:05 PM
Rocky

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson (Mackie)

New holding mid

Boyle
Allan
Mallan

Kamberi
Doidge

MacGruber
10-07-2019, 12:25 PM
I don't think Mackie has shown enough yet to start left back.

Rocky

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
James

Boyle
Jackson
Mallan
Allan
Horgan

Kamberi

wookie70
10-07-2019, 02:43 PM
For League Cup Games against teams we can go for it against. Need a DM for the season starting proper

Rocky

Gray
Daz
Jackson
James

Boyle
Mallan
Allan
Horgan

Flo
Doidge

The 90+2
10-07-2019, 02:53 PM
I think Newell is going to be starting along with James and Jackson. Doidge with Flo’ could work, I’ve a feeling Flo’ will go with McNulty coming in. Marciano also to leave with big Ally in goal.

The 90+2
10-07-2019, 02:57 PM
Maxwell

Hanlon Jackson McGregor James

Horgan Mallan another scotty Newell

Doidge

Unseen work
10-07-2019, 03:11 PM
When everyone is fit I expect us to like up like one of these

.......................Marciano.................

James......Porteous.....Jackson.......Stevenson... .....

................Mallan......New signing.........

Boyle.................Allan....................Hor gan.....

........................Doidge...........

I think that’s the system he will want to play as it’s the only way to get Allan, Boyle and Horgan in the starting 11 together, if it is 1 up top I think he will choose Doidge. Personally I’d love to see Flo starting especially with how he has started pre season.

Porteous for me is a starter when he is back and I think he will pick Jackson and James over Gray and Jackson, he will want continuity in his squad and players he can pick every week.

I like Newell but he says himself he’s not really a winger and with the exception of the last season or so it’s always been left of a 3 or diamond he has played which I can see being much more suited to him.

I actually think we have the potential to play a 352

............................Marciano.............. ...

...............James.....Porteous......Jackson.... ........

Biyle.........Mallan...........new signing.........Stevenson

...........................Allan................

...............Doidge..........Kamberi......

Only issue for me there is Horgan doesn’t have a place in the team, I also don’t think Heck will play this formation

hfc rd
10-07-2019, 03:25 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Porteous
Stevenson

Mallan
New Signing
Allan

Boyle
Kamberi
Horgan

The 90+2
10-07-2019, 03:28 PM
Allan apart the general consensus seems to be that the new signings won’t be starting???

bigswissstriker
10-07-2019, 03:31 PM
Allan apart the general consensus seems to be that the new signings won’t be starting???

Boys like James, Jackson and doidge haven’t come here to sit on the bench. They’ll be starting. Folk are just feared of members of the cup team being replaced

The 90+2
10-07-2019, 03:36 PM
Boys like James, Jackson and doidge haven’t come here to sit on the bench. They’ll be starting. Folk are just feared of members of the cup team being replaced

Yeah I think so too.

supermcginn
10-07-2019, 03:38 PM

Correct. They have been signed to improve us from last season and will play.

neil7908
10-07-2019, 03:56 PM

What if they aren't better though? Not saying thats the case but presumably every signing is done to improve the team, doesn't mean that will be the case in reality.

I've not seen enough of the new guys to comment but Doidge is the only one we've paid money for which tells me he's first choice. The rest need to show their worth.

h18eeynick
10-07-2019, 04:10 PM

Just love the fact that at last we have real competition for every starting place apart from DM position. If players like Hanlon and McGregor , who I rate , need to keep really sharp then all the better. Squad will be small enough to rotate , unlike Rodgers moaning about too big a squad at Celtic , and if we can reduce injury list this year then Hecky is going to have a difficult decision to make every week . Good position to be in . Bring it on !

supermcginn
10-07-2019, 04:12 PM
What if they aren't better though? Not saying thats the case but presumably every signing is done to improve the team, doesn't mean that will be the case in reality.

I've not seen enough of the new guys to comment but Doidge is the only one we've paid money for which tells me he's first choice. The rest need to show their worth.
If they aren't better the recruitment team have failed in their remit.

Iggy Pope
10-07-2019, 04:31 PM
How is Porteous doing anyone know?

danhibees1875
10-07-2019, 06:51 PM
Do we still aim to have a 2 players for each position and a development player behind those learning (presumably unlikely to ever get much game time at that point)?

Rocky/Maxwell

Gray/James
Porteous/McGregor
Hanlon/Jackson
Stevenson/Mackie

CDM??/CDM??
Mallan/Horgan
Allan/Murray
Boyle/Newall

Kamberi/Shaw
Doidge/ST??

Extras: Dabrowski, Slivka, Whittaker, Campbell, Gullan

A couple of gaps to fill, but the squad is taking shape.

My first choice team is based on me having seen none of the friendlies so far. I'd expect to see more of them in the LC and decisions made from there.

J-C
10-07-2019, 07:18 PM
I think we'll play 4-3-3/4-5-1 with the odd 4-4-2 in games we're massive favourites like maybe saturday.

Rocky

Gray if fit/James
Daz
Hanlon
Mackie until Stevenson is back

Allan
New midfielder
Mallan

Boyle
Kamberi
Horgan

St Pauli Hibee
10-07-2019, 07:26 PM
Marciano

Stevenson
Hanlon
Jackson
Gray

Horgan
Mallan
Allan
Boyle

Flo
Doidge

04Sauzee
10-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Marciano

Stevenson (when fit)
Porteous (When fit )
McGregor
Gray

Boyle
Allan
Mallan
Horgan

Doidge
Kamberi

Not to fussed about defending 😁

Keith_M
10-07-2019, 07:53 PM

Maybe Doidge. Not particularly excited over any of the rest of them, TBH.

Maybe (hopefully) I'll be a bit more positive about our prospects for the upcoming season after the LC group games.

MWHIBBIES
10-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Surely Jackson will be starting over hanlon? When Jackson came on against Dunfermline we were much better, especially when building from the back. Hanlon too slow on the ball for me. Think a lot of fans prefer just because of who he is.

Edit
I think we will start with
Rocky
James
daz
Jackson
Mackie

Mallan
New holding midfielder

Boyle
Allan
Horgan/Newell

Doidge
Hanlon got the ball consistently to Allan and Mallan in that first half, that's his job. It isn't his fault they struggled to break through from there. McGregor would go long before Hanlon if it was based on distribution.

ClewsHibs
10-07-2019, 08:21 PM
Nobody fancy Slivka alongside Mallan and Allan?

cmcd
10-07-2019, 09:06 PM

Yes like him

danhibees1875
10-07-2019, 09:10 PM

Not sure exactly why, but I'd more inclined to go for that as part of a 3-5-2. Although I don't think 3-5-2 works with SDG and Boyle.

Eyrie
10-07-2019, 10:01 PM

Too lightweight for me. We'd be great with the ball and in trouble if we lost it.

Inconsequential
10-07-2019, 11:27 PM
A lot of posters and the manager agree that we need a holding midfielder and are still apparently trying to secure Omeonga so where would this leave Slivka, Fraser Murray who is expected to push on this season and young Ben Stirling who has also been mentioned as a possible too? There seems to be a plethora of midfielders as was the case last season.

J-C
11-07-2019, 07:00 AM
A lot of posters and the manager agree that we need a holding midfielder and are still apparently trying to secure Omeonga so where would this leave Slivka, Fraser Murray who is expected to push on this season and young Ben Stirling who has also been mentioned as a possible too? There seems to be a plethora of midfielders as was the case last season.

Not if we're playing 3 in the middle, 3 starters, 2 rotation and a youngster, Murray is very capable of playing off either wing and in the whole so is very versatile.