PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle pitch

h18eeynick
09-07-2019, 09:56 PM
Immaculate and looked like a hybrid type. Hardly any scuff marks by the end. I live in Carlisle and never heard of a new style pitch being laid. Anybody know ? It definitely looked as though it had some structure below the grass

NAE NOOKIE
09-07-2019, 10:03 PM
Funny you should mention this .... I was talking to my brother tonight and mentioned the last time we played Carlisle and how the most impressive thing about the whole place was their immaculate and beautiful pitch. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure back in the day before modern pitch technology Wembley's pitch was imported from Cumbria.

h18eeynick
09-07-2019, 10:11 PM
Funny you should mention this .... I was talking to my brother tonight and mentioned the last time we played Carlisle and how the most impressive thing about the whole place was their immaculate and beautiful pitch. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure back in the day before modern pitch technology Wembley's pitch was imported from Cumbria.

I played in a cup final on it about 12 years ago and was grass and had quite a bevel from centre to the wings. Probably pushing on for a foot in height from my postion lying on the turf after a tackle !Advantage at corners to stand in middle of the goal. Scored a screamer in to top left corner at Warwick Road end in a 5- 1 win against Eddie Stobbarts ! Memories eh ! But yeah they always seem to keep the pitch well but that tonight was more than just grass. We also had a fair bit of rain last night but didnt cut up at all.

Hermit Crab
09-07-2019, 11:43 PM
The pitch was completely relaid, levelled after the bad flooding it sustained in 2015. Been superb since then.