04Sauzee
09-07-2019, 08:35 PM
4-3 the cabbage

IWasThere2016
09-07-2019, 08:35 PM
Never in doubt

hibbyfraelibby
09-07-2019, 08:36 PM
In none of our games preseason have we played a single half with a recognisable competetive starting line up. We are not playing for points, or even starting positions for that matter at the moment, we are playing for fitness and match sharpness.

In the LC game we will have our prefered, bar injury, line up on display. Then you can judge us.

From what we have see so far Allan is looking sweet, Flo is getting his mojo back, Horgan us up for it and some of the younger guys have a ways to go but the core senior players are shaking the rust off and just getting to know each other.

lord bunberry
And now you’re gonna believe us.....

hibbyfraelibby
In none of our games preseason have we played a single half with a recognisable competetive starting line up. We are not playing for points, or even starting positions for that matter at the moment, we are playing for fitness and match sharpness.

In the LC game we will have our prefered, bar injury, line up on display. Then you can judge us.

From what we have seen so far Allan is looking sweet, Flo is getting his mojo back, Horgan us up for it and some of the younger guys have a ways to go but the core senior players are shaking the rust off and just getting to know each other.

we are hibs
09-07-2019, 08:37 PM
2 wins out out of 3 in pre season. Not started our strongest 11 yet or got all our signings in. What a shambles right enough.

Vault Boy
09-07-2019, 08:37 PM
4-3 Campbell. All is well.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozy please keep criticising players because I think it makes them want to prove you wrong 😉

Heisenberg
09-07-2019, 08:38 PM
Signs were all there throughout his apparently “amazing” run. Heckingbottom is not going to work out and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. The signings have been a joke.

Hahahahahhahahahahahah

SouthMoroccoStu
90' | CUFC 3-4 #HIBS

Superb comeback from Hibs as the ball is threaded into the path of Campbell and the teenager keeps his calm and guides it into the far corner.

Northernhibee
So there we have it, soon as we lose a game we'll have people calling for Hecky's head. Hope he's got a thick skin.

The absolute state of this thread over a pre season friendly.

The_Horde
We've scored again - takes away the fear of not scoring

We've conceded 3 - takes away the fear of conceding loads

We've struggled against a rubbish side - takes away the fear of struggling against a rubbish side

Great pre season.

Clarence
its almost like someone behind the scenes is directing a storyline when at first the main protagonists have a hard time but ultimately triumph. Classic, Emmy award worthy entertainment!

Diclonius
09-07-2019, 08:39 PM
Phew! Glad we won that, otherwise we'd be getting relegated this season. Might be in for the league though!

Seriously though, considering the manager's future and writing off all our new signings after an hour against Carlisle? Just drop it eh?

we are hibs
09-07-2019, 08:42 PM
So there we have it, soon as we lose a game we'll have people calling for Hecky's head. Hope he's got a thick skin.

The absolute state of this thread over a pre season friendly.

I said it a few weeks back. Think people are desperate for heckingbottom to fail to say "I told you so" and because they're still in a wee mood because of the way the previois manager left. Picking up on every little thing and jumping on it. It's pathetic but unexpected.

SouthMoroccoStu
Cheer up Steven Presley....

brog

From what we have see so far Allan is looking sweet, Flo is getting his mojo back, Horgan us up for it and some of the younger guys have a ways to go but the core senior players are shaking the rust off and just getting to know each other.

I think we'll still see a degree of experimentation in our LC games but will certainly be much more like the real thing. The other thing that can't be underestimated is the disruption our new guys are experiencing through moving house & to an area they're probably not familiar with at all. Still, the result helps!!

Pedantic_Hibee
Well this thread was quite funny.

theonlywayisup
09-07-2019, 08:43 PM
What a comeback!

73' | CUFC 3-2 #HIBS Doidge does well to win the ball back and under pressure from a defender he coolly slides it into the path of Allan who curls it into the far corner beyond Gray.

87' | CUFC 3-3 #HIBS Allan sends a corner from the right over to the far post and Doidge gets up high to plant a header into the top corner to level the score.

90' | CUFC 3-4 #HIBS Superb comeback from Hibs as the ball is threaded into the path of Campbell and the teenager keeps his calm and guides it into the far corner.

FULL-TIME | CUFC 3-4 #HIBS A dramatic 4-3 win is earned at Brunton Park, with goals from Kamberi, Allan, Doidge and Campbell earning the victory in pre-season, rounds off our preparations for the Betfred Cup campaign - and sends the 1,065 strong travelling support home happy.

What a mental thread this has been? I assume the bedwetters are off to bed!!

SouthMoroccoStu
09-07-2019, 08:43 PM
FULL-TIME | CUFC 3-4 #HIBS

A dramatic 4-3 win at Brunton Park, with goals from Kamberi, Allan, Doidge and Campbell earning the victory in pre-season, rounds off our preparations for the Betfred Cup campaign - and sends the 1,065 strong travelling support home happy.

MSK
09-07-2019, 08:44 PM
AFC Fylde 1 Wigan 0 ft, bet ye Wigs.net is on meltdoon 😆

bingo70
I said it a few weeks back. Think people are desperate for heckingbottom to fail to say "I told you so" and because they're still in a wee mood because of the way the previois manager left. Picking up on every little thing and jumping on it. It's pathetic but unexpected.

Agree, for some reason i don’t think a lot of people have taken to him, considering the start we had under him I can’t get my head round it at all.

Borderhibbie76

The absolute state of this thread over a pre season friendly.The usual suspects mate...embarrassing over a pre season friendly honestly. Some just aren't happy unless they are bashing the team and manager they are meant to support

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jeffers
09-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Hecky must stay.

Can’t wait for my season ticket arriving.

Aaaaw sorry Steve I emailed club earlier and said you didn’t want it, save you the bother of having to send it back. 😂

Pretty Boy
09-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Literally one person has written the manager off and I think 3 people have questioned the signings. A few people, including myself, have pointed out the odd concern in a way that reads relatively fairly to me.

There's more posts moaning about moaning than there is actually moaning. All the stuff about 'relegation material' or 'champions' has come from self appointed comedians rather than it being a fair reflection of what the vast majority have said on the thread.

It's always the same. People pick out 5 or 6 posts out of hundreds and, in their eyes, that becomes reflective of the entire thread.

Heisenberg
09-07-2019, 08:47 PM
Agree, for some reason i don’t think a lot of people have taken to him, considering the start we had under him I can’t get my head round it at all.

He wasn’t the massive name that some wanted. His record at Leeds also didn’t help him. From what he’s done for us so far he deserves a lot more support than he appears to be getting from some.

Spike Mandela
09-07-2019, 08:47 PM
Sounds a good game. Obviously have some work still to do in defensive areas but goal scoring is a good habit.

Bishop Hibee
09-07-2019, 08:48 PM
Good result in the end for all the fans who travelled. I’m looking forward to being at the game in Stirling on Saturday.

My_Wife_Camille
09-07-2019, 08:49 PM
When Hibs are losing in pre season - “It’s only pre season it means nothing, deary me, staying off the main board tonight, this thread is a shambles, pre season means nothing”

When Hibs are winning in pre season - “yaaaasss Hibs are amazing, get the champagne out, Heckys are the wheel, top 3 awaits, pre season means something all of a sudden”

Vault Boy
09-07-2019, 08:50 PM
When Hibs are losing in pre season - “It’s only pre season it means nothing, deary me, staying off the main board tonight, this thread is a shambles, pre season means nothing”

When Hibs are winning in pre season - “yaaaasss Hibs are amazing, get the champagne out, Heckys are the wheel, top 3 awaits, pre season means something all of a sudden”

This is the way we should all live our lives IMO

hfc rd
09-07-2019, 08:50 PM
This is one of the most insane match threads I’ve ever seen on Hibs.net.

Since452
09-07-2019, 08:52 PM
Signs were all there throughout his apparently “amazing” run. Heckingbottom is not going to work out and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. The signings have been a joke.

Hiya

calumhibee1
09-07-2019, 08:53 PM
Weve conquered all carlissssssle were never gonna stop, dunfermline down to cumbria, weve won the ****ing lot

BILLYHIBS
Dearie me!

This thread is one of the reasons I love HIBS.net

😁👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

DaveF
Literally one person has written the manager off and I think 3 people have questioned the signings. A few people, including myself, have pointed out the odd concern in a way that reads relatively fairly to me.

There's more posts moaning about moaning than there is actually moaning. All the stuff about 'relegation material' or 'champions' has come from self appointed comedians rather than it being a fair reflection of what the vast majority have said on the thread.

It's always the same. People pick out 5 or 6 posts out of hundreds and, in their eyes, that becomes reflective of the entire thread.

I would copy this post so you can paste in to any / all match day threads his season.

Chefki Kuqi
In many ways this was peak .net, glad to have played aminor role.

Vault Boy
09-07-2019, 08:54 PM
The result was meaninglessness when we were 3-1 down, and it's equally as meaningless now we've won 4-3. It just feels better knowing your team has won, naturally.

Good to see Flo and Allan continuing to score goals. I'm glad that Josh and Doidge got their firsts for the club.

Stuart93
Some travelling support, 1,065 fans

Squirrel 1875
If anyone wants to celebrate a 4-3 win against Carlisle’s youth team then that’s fine. I stand by what I said. This has all the hallmarks of a very poor season. Just my opinion and could we keep the personal abuse to a minimum please. Thank you.

SaulGoodman
09-07-2019, 08:55 PM

Heckys are the wheel?

https://imgur.com/download/wKWAmU6

Inconsequential
09-07-2019, 08:55 PM
The great unbeaten run extends to two. Hecky must stay! Bring on Arbroath revenge is sweet. :flag:

Allant1981
09-07-2019, 08:56 PM
If anyone wants to celebrate a 4-3 win against Carlisle’s youth team then that’s fine. I stand by what I said. This has all the hallmarks of a very poor season. Just my opinion and could we keep the personal abuse to a minimum please. Thank you.

Bye bye

leither17

Who has pissed in your cornflakes?

Brightside
No real thought about positions or tactics in these games. Players have been told to just go out and enjoy them and pick up match fitness. Everything is going to be ok.

Vault Boy
09-07-2019, 08:58 PM

Nothing personal about it as far as I can see, you just haven't substantiated your rather inflammatory viewpoints with any evidence or reasoning.

A new owner putting investment into the club, Scott Allan returns, we've lowered the average age of the squad with some highly rated players, and we still have at least two signings to go. I don't see where you're coming from.

PH91
09-07-2019, 08:58 PM
Heckys are the wheel?

You have a special talent.:greengrin

SaulGoodman
09-07-2019, 08:59 PM
You have a special talent.:greengrin

If you look really closely you can actually see that I’ve edited Heckys face over the car tyres :greengrin

Clarence
This is one of the most insane match threads I’ve ever seen on Hibs.net.

Folk like to type out their moany thoughts these days. The concept of balance or patience is not encouraged by media outlets that want people to get wound up and interact therefore people become conditioned to do so. So something as inconsequential as being a couple of goals behind in a preseason friendly gets blown out of proportion before anyone has a chance to take a breath.

Jim44

Bye bye

Who has pissed in your cornflakes?

Seems minimum enough to me. :greengrin

Fanforlife
09-07-2019, 09:00 PM
New slant or just trumped up to suit your agenda?may have missed regarding youth team but never know,do know it wasn't Hibs first team though, did you?

neil7908
09-07-2019, 09:01 PM

Best post on this whole thread.

My_Wife_Camille
09-07-2019, 09:01 PM
Heckys are the wheel?

An unusual amount of effort to go to to point out a simple typo/autocorrect error but I’m sure the inevitable laughing emoji’s from the type of people that think puns are hilarious will make it worth it!

SMAXXA
09-07-2019, 09:02 PM
That’s why I love bipolar.net 😉

PH91
09-07-2019, 09:03 PM
If you look really closely you can actually see that I’ve edited Heckys face over the car tyres :greengrin

Ha! Didn't notice that or Craig Levein's face in the rear view mirror!!

Alex Trager
09-07-2019, 09:04 PM

But expected surely? ;-)

Vault Boy
09-07-2019, 09:04 PM
An unusual amount of effort to go to to point out a simple typo/autocorrect error but I’m sure the inevitable laughing emoji’s from the type of people that think puns are hilarious will make it worth it!

Or maybe they just enjoyed making it and it's not that deep

Pretty Boy
09-07-2019, 09:05 PM
Folk like to type out their moany thoughts these days. The concept of balance or patience is not encouraged by media outlets that want people to get wound up and interact therefore people become conditioned to do so. So something as inconsequential as being a couple of goals behind in a preseason friendly gets blown out of proportion before anyone has a chance to take a breath.

You can aim that at the people moaning about the thread as well though.

To name names Squirrel 1875 suggested the manager is going to be a failure and we have signed rubbish and Ozyhibby suggested none of the new signings looked good enough.

Suddenly countless posters are suggesting the whole thread is full of predictions of relegation, that there are 'bedwetters', 'trolls' and so on and that multiple people somehow wanted us to fail.

If we are talking about balance and patience those responsible for those types of posts might want to show those characteristics as well. The reality of this thread and much of the discussion around it are very different things. A cursory scroll through would confirm that to anyone who cares to take the time to look back a few pages.

jgl07
09-07-2019, 09:05 PM

Here we go again!

Sniff sniff.

we are hibs
09-07-2019, 09:06 PM
But expected surely? ;-)

Meant to say not unexpected :greengrin

Iggy Pope
Some of you ****s should have been at the game instead. Going to be a funny old season I reckon.

Inconsequential
If you look really closely you can actually see that I’ve edited Heckys face over the car tyres :greengrin Yes you have but unfortunately no one is driving the bl**dy thing. Rather be a driver than a wheel, if I could I surely would. :wink:

PH91

I liked it. I like even more the fact you think there was a lot of effort put into it. (laughing emoji)

Squirrel 1875
09-07-2019, 09:08 PM
This is unbelievable. I have expressed an opinion on a FORUM. The word forum originated from the Latin word for a meeting place where opinions were exchanged and some of you need to remember that. We are throwing around childish insults here. Not a good look.

yerauldda
09-07-2019, 09:08 PM
4 goals away from home, young Campbell with the winner and a full game under his belt. Over 1000 fans in Carlisle on a Tuesday night. Plenty to be happy about.

It concerns me that we don’t have the midfield base sorted out yet and we definitely need something different in the final 3rd but I’m positive about the new season. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of team PH selects for the cup games.

Not In The Know
09-07-2019, 09:09 PM
Hecky finding out that allan & mcgeough are a class up from Newell and the likes

Yep. I feared Heckingbottom might come in with the attitude average over paid English players could skoosh it up here

h18eeynick

Was at the game tonight and just thought we only really played a higher pressing game when Scotty came on. Fairly good in possession but again the killer crosses were missing. In fairness to Carlisle they played well and some cracking goals. I think that when we play our main starting 11 we will bring it together

Tyler Durden

To name names Squirrel 1875 suggested the manager is going to be a failure and we have signed rubbish and Ozyhibby suggested none of the new signings looked good enough.

Suddenly countless posters are suggesting the whole thread is full of predictions of relegation, that there are 'bedwetters', 'trolls' and so on and that multiple people somehow wanted us to fail.

If we are talking about balance and patience those responsible for those types of posts might want to show those characteristics as well. The reality of this thread and much of the discussion around it are very different things. A cursory scroll through would confirm that to anyone who cares to take the time to look back a few pages.

Not really - multiple others saying it was an embarrassment and disgraceful. Just a typical match day thread when Hibs are losing really

SaulGoodman

Love you

Vault Boy
09-07-2019, 09:10 PM
This is unbelievable. I have expressed an opinion on a FORUM. The word forum originated from the Latin word for a meeting place where opinions were exchanged and some of you need to remember that. We are throwing around childish insults here. Not a good look.

Please highlight the insults so that they can be dealt with by admins for being personally insulting. Pretty sure it's against the forum rules.

we are hibs

There are people wanting heckingbottom to fail. On here, twitter, Facebook I see it an absurd amount of times when we lose a game or something doesn't go our way. Not just the last week but since he arrived.

Heisenberg

Exactly. Just seems a lot of people disagree with your opinion and are letting you know, as is the spirit of a forum.

Allant1981
09-07-2019, 09:11 PM

Exactly, and your opinions are usually rubbish and always negative, never really seem to have anything positive to say, in my opinion

Jones28
09-07-2019, 09:11 PM
Hahahahaha ffs

Golden Bear
09-07-2019, 09:12 PM
Dearie me!

This thread is one of the reasons I love HIBS.net

😁👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

Its hilarious, wha's like us.

😂

Pretty Boy
Can people please try to act like adults and avoid calling people names. I've got neither the energy nor the will to start deleting posts so if it doesn't stop I'm just going to close the entire thread.

If you don't like someone's opinion then either ignore them or argue your point like a decent human being.

Thanks.

SaulGoodman
I know you are but what am I?

Tyler Durden
09-07-2019, 09:13 PM
The McGeouch situation is making people nervy but we obviously are going to sign midfielders. Even if we had been interested in Dylan, the manager is hardly going to announce that FFS.

Not sure that we need to panic a month before the league season starts. But then some people just don’t want to give Heckingbottom any credit or show a modicum of patience.

HoboHarry
09-07-2019, 09:16 PM
Can people please try to act like adults and avoid calling people names. I've got neither the energy nor the will to start deleting posts so if it doesn't stop I'm just going to close the entire thread.

If you don't like someone's opinion then either ignore them or argue your point like a decent human being.

Thanks.
You were a Prefect at the school weren't ye?

Cabbage East
09-07-2019, 09:16 PM
Some total oddballs on this place. It’s getting worse.

Squirrel 1875
09-07-2019, 09:18 PM

Thanks.

Thank you Pretty Boy. I hope those who wish to call people names take note.

Alex Trager
09-07-2019, 09:19 PM

We are three games into a pre-season, 2 of which we have won. We have chopped and changed the team week on week, and during games. We have new players who are bedding in and learning their role in the team as well as their team mates.

Tell me what the hallmarks are that have you worried?

Pretty Boy
09-07-2019, 09:20 PM
Not really - multiple others saying it was an embarrassment and disgraceful. Just a typical match day thread when Hibs are losing really

I've just went through the entire thread and discounting the posters I mentioned, one of whom was actually very fair in much of his assessment, there were 8 posts by 6 posters that I would term unfairly negative. By that I mean they just dismissed things using words like you have suggested above. There are plenty posts suggesting losing a few goals may be concerning or that we look light in the middle of the park but that's not unduly negative that's just an opinion, whether you agree or disagree if it's a fair one 3 games into pre season is a different story of course.

The thread has over 300 posts on it. Of that about 25, less than 10%, are just outright negativity and a huge bulk of them are from one poster. It's become a car crash of a thread because of people, myself included, arguing about how much of a car crash it actually is.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-07-2019, 09:21 PM
I've just went through the entire thread and discounting the posters I mentioned, one of whom was actually very fair in much of his assessment, there were 8 posts by 6 posters that I would term unfairly negative. By that I mean they just dismissed things using words like you have suggested above. There are plenty posts suggesting losing a few goals may be concerning or that we look light in the middle of the park but that's not unduly negative that's just an opinion, whether you agree it's a fair one 3 games into pre season is a different story of course.

Prick

Not In The Know
09-07-2019, 09:22 PM

Please define what a very poor season would be ?

elevengoats
09-07-2019, 09:22 PM
Hey people, calm down. :D

Here’s Lucy!
09-07-2019, 09:23 PM
Here we go again!

Sniff sniff..

:rolleyes: Jesus! Not the usual LTYF rubbish again?

The fellow has a point, he’s allowed to air it on a fansite, he’s not wrong, we beat a team of wee boys.

If we had beat them 4 or 5 nil, this thread would not have turned so nasty.

At least we are winning our friendlies, unlike you know who :greengrin

Here’s Lucy!
09-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Hey people, calm down. :D

Well said, my man. :aok:

ahibby
09-07-2019, 09:26 PM

There was a season Celtic lost their first leage game. Just happened to be at ER. Hibs finished botyom and Celtic finished top that season. So not only are pre season games meaningless but so are the first few league games. Last season Hearts top after September and finish sixth. Hibs are top six and better in waiting.

MWHIBBIES
09-07-2019, 09:27 PM
If your post includes something along the line of "anyone who disagrees is wrong" you're going to get abuse.

Tyler Durden
I've just went through the entire thread and discounting the posters I mentioned, one of whom was actually very fair in much of his assessment, there were 8 posts by 6 posters that I would term unfairly negative. By that I mean they just dismissed things using words like you have suggested above. There are plenty posts suggesting losing a few goals may be concerning or that we look light in the middle of the park but that's not unduly negative that's just an opinion, whether you agree or disagree if it's a fair one 3 games into pre season is a different story of course.

The thread has over 300 posts on it. Of that about 25, less than 10%, are just outright negativity and a huge bulk of them are from one poster. It's become a car crash of a thread because of people, myself included, arguing about how much of a car crash it actually is.

We should get this statistical breakdown on every match thread, save us all a lot of time :devil:

Jim44
A bit of banter, a wee bit name-calling, a fair bit of exaggeration and a fair bit of positivity ....... beats indifference in my book.

Iggy Pope

One poster? Name him and bin him then.

HoboHarry
09-07-2019, 09:28 PM
A bit of banter, a wee bit name-calling, a fair bit of exaggeration and a fair bit of positivity ....... beats indifference in my book.
Sounds like marriage to me....

Here’s Lucy!
09-07-2019, 09:29 PM

Thanks.

First time I have responded directly to you since I joined.

Your posts are always fair and always well-worded. This one is no exception.

Well said, sir!

HoboHarry
09-07-2019, 09:30 PM
We should get this statistical breakdown on every match thread, save us all a lot of time :devil:
Fine idea, you're hired. Pretty Boy has your first weeks wages all ready for you.....

Here’s Lucy!
09-07-2019, 09:30 PM
Sounds like marriage to me....

Harold?

You type what I think.

Lucy.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2019, 09:32 PM
One poster? Name him and bin him then.

I have named them in a previous post.

For all I disagree with them I don't think they posted anything that warrants being binned. They were negative but they weren't particularly abusive, indeed they have had a fair bit more abuse thrown back at them than they dished out.

Contrary to the mistaken belief expressed on other platforms no one gets banned from Hibs.net for having a negative or unpopular opinion.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-07-2019, 09:34 PM
Quite funny watching the wee locals trying to be brave coming up Botchergate singing Engerlund, Engerlund never made it to the 3rd Engerlund before they had it away on their toes as Del Boy would say!

Vault Boy
09-07-2019, 09:35 PM
Anybody who saw the game, sounds like Doidge was better today, how was his overall game? An assist and a goal in 45 minutes is good going.

Wee Effen Bee
Aye, 13% of posters said something that 14% of us disagreed with; 2.7% of posters are winkers and 30% of statistics are made up but, what about the actual game? 😁

tamig

It was quite amusing and I’m sure it wasn’t too much effort for Saul.

Diclonius
Good game tho

Here’s Lucy!
I have named them in a previous post.

For all I disagree with them I don't think they posted anything that warrants being binned. They were negative but they weren't particularly abusive, indeed they have had a fair bit more abuse thrown back at them than they dished out.

Contrary to the mistaken belief expressed on other platforms no one gets banned from Hibs.net for having a negative or unpopular opinion.

I rest my case with regard to my post of five minutes ago.

:aok:

Forza Fred
09-07-2019, 09:36 PM
Some total oddballs on this place. It’s getting worse.

Although to be fair, this forum does not have a reputation for measured comments.

We are usually either pure dead brilliant or absolute Urine.

By the way, nothing wrong with oddballs like me😂

jgl07
09-07-2019, 09:36 PM

For him, Hibs finishing above Hearts!

Since452
09-07-2019, 09:37 PM
For him, Hibs finishing above Hearts!

Yet again

Here’s Lucy!
09-07-2019, 09:37 PM
Good game tho

At least we won. :na na:

tamig
09-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Its an even poorer look to slag off your team and new signings part way through a pre-season game. If thats what floats your boat though...

stuart-farquhar
09-07-2019, 09:38 PM
I agree. Far too many people talking inverted pyramids of piffle. Many foolish people too, showing themselves up. Whacky even.

If you don't agree with me please refrain from posting and allow only sycophants to do so.

Yours

BoJo Trumpet.

Sammy7nil
09-07-2019, 09:39 PM

:greengrin :greengrin :greengrin :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
09-07-2019, 09:40 PM
:greengrin

It’s mental, eh?

I’m trying to watch The Godfather (never seen it before) and my youngest has interrupted so I’ve paused it, thought I’d catch up on the match while she gets sorted, and i there’s a fairly hilarious reaction to a pre-season friendly.

Anyway 3-3.

One of the best films ever made mate …. Do yourself a favour, send the kids to bed and watch it uninterrupted from the start … in fact I insist you go back and watch it from the start ….. GF 2 is probably even better, one of the best, if not the best, sequels ever made.

That aside, if anybody was at our last pre season game at Carlisle any kind of performance has to be an improvement on that truly insipid effort :greengrin

Anyway ….. The Godfather … what a brilliant film :aok:

Forza Fred
09-07-2019, 09:40 PM

Can I have a go?

1 Finishing 6th or lower

2 Failing to win a derby

3 Early exit from the cup competitions.

FilipinoHibs
09-07-2019, 09:41 PM
Can I have a go?

1 Finishing 6th or lower

2 Failing to win a derby

3 Early exit from the cup competitions.

So pre-season friendlies dont come into it?

Sammy7nil
09-07-2019, 09:43 PM
First time I have responded directly to you since I joined.

Your posts are always fair and always well-worded. This one is no exception.

Well said, sir!

Love the avatar was that your school photo ? :wink:

HFC93
09-07-2019, 09:43 PM
Good to see Doidge scoring.

Here’s Lucy!
09-07-2019, 09:44 PM
Is this a real thread?

We've won another game.

Scott Allan impressed when introduced.

What’s actually the problem? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Here’s Lucy!
09-07-2019, 09:45 PM
Love the avatar was that your school photo ? :wink:

Indeed.

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie was based on my school days.

:wink:

Sammy7nil
09-07-2019, 09:46 PM
Prick

Oh Mrs no need

FilipinoHibs
09-07-2019, 09:47 PM
There are people wanting heckingbottom to fail. On here, twitter, Facebook I see it an absurd amount of times when we lose a game or something doesn't go our way. Not just the last week but since he arrived.

Always been like that in my fifty years following Hibs. Hibs for many people is their escapism from the drudgery of life. When they let you down, some fans behave like toddlers and throw all the toys out the pram. They are a minority. Most are reasonable and balanced individuals

Hibbyradge
09-07-2019, 09:50 PM
Is this a real thread?

We've won another game.

Scott Allan impressed when introduced.

What’s actually the problem? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

There's no problem.

One poster did suggest that our manager was pants, his signings were pants, the forthcoming season would be pants, and anyone who disagreed with that was pants.

Anyone who posts stuff like that after an hour of a meaningless pre-season kick about must know they're going to get rinsed.

That's not an opinion on a football forum. It's a virtual suicide note. Why post such stuff? It wasn't done to generate discussion because a blind man on a charging horse could see what the reaction would be.

I'm surprised the vitriol against it was as little as it was.

Here’s Lucy!
09-07-2019, 09:52 PM
Oh Mrs no need

I’m not even going to give Pedantic the time to find his post to quote.

If you don’t mind Sammy, I will use your answer as my response?

What a horrendous and ill-thought out post by him.

As you say, no need.

Here’s Lucy!
09-07-2019, 09:54 PM
There's no problem.

One poster did suggest that our manager was pants, his signings were pants, the forthcoming season would be pants, and anyone who disagreed with that was pants.

Anyone who posts stuff like that after an hour of a meaningless pre-season kick about must know they're going to get rinsed.

That's not an opinion on a football forum. It's a virtual suicide note. Why post such stuff? It wasn't done to generate discussion because a blind man on a charging horse could see what the reaction would be.

Appreciate your answer, and it’s associated explanation.

Thank you.

Lucy

CraigHibee
09-07-2019, 09:54 PM
Good to see Doidge scoring.

how dare you say something positive :greengrin

yeah i'm happy he got on the score sheet tonight as well, hopefully pick up his confidence a bit from his penalty miss

RIP
09-07-2019, 09:56 PM
Once he has a restful night’s sleep can Pretty Boy please put his thread analysis skills onto telling us what percentage of posts on the ‘Match Update’ thread told us what was actually happening at the match.

I’m gonna guess less than 10% :-)

HFC93
09-07-2019, 09:58 PM
how dare you say something positive :greengrin

yeah i'm happy he got on the score sheet tonight as well, hopefully pick up his confidence a bit from his penalty miss

I don't think I'm doing this properly haha.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-07-2019, 10:00 PM
Another win, and the young CCS saw off the BCF along the Botchergate after the game, a nice double, some folk still not happy 😉

Hibbyradge
I’m not even going to give Pedantic the time to find his post to quote.

If you don’t mind Sammy, I will use your answer as my response?

What a horrendous and ill-thought out post by him.

As you say, no need.

Not this time, LB.

It's a well established joke to call admins "pricks".

jgl07
Once he has a restful night’s sleep can Pretty Boy please put his thread analysis skills onto telling us what percentage of posts on the ‘Match Update’ thread told us what was happening at the actual match.

I’m gonna guess less than 10%

Usually it's about 50% complaining that Hibs TV isn't working, 25% trolling from Hearts supporters, 20% general observations and 5% reports from the match.

tonyrougier123
09-07-2019, 10:04 PM
Aye, 13% of posters said something that 14% of us disagreed with; 2.7% of posters are winkers and 30% of statistics are made up but, what about the actual game? 😁

Im a pure winker 😉 👍

GreenCastle
09-07-2019, 10:06 PM
Player ratings ?

New guys settling in a bit more ?

Sounds like Doidge helped set up and score a goal.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-07-2019, 10:08 PM
Not this time, LB.

Spoilsport.

Jim44
09-07-2019, 10:08 PM
Im a pure winker 😉 👍

Nah, you’re just a bit of a winker. A pure winker would use this smiley. :wink:

tonyrougier123
09-07-2019, 10:12 PM
Nah, you’re just a bit of a winker. A pure winker would use this smiley. :wink:

Ur winking ability beats mine then 😂.

H18 SFR
09-07-2019, 10:13 PM
Not at all impressed with Virgin Trains.

SaulGoodman
09-07-2019, 10:17 PM
Not at all impressed with Virgin Trains.

Was that the Trialist?

Another dig at one of our players and he’s not even signed for us! At least give Trains the benefit of the doubt.

grammyb111
09-07-2019, 10:19 PM
Interesting that Marciano back in the team but no sign of Slivka.
Something or nothing?Slivka is miles away. Is injured so hasn't even done the pre-season stuff all the rest of the players have done, once he's back training he'll still have to do all that so a few weeks at least. Heckingbottom didn't sound too happy with him, though can't see how he can be at fault if it's 'just' an injury

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

CraigHibee
09-07-2019, 10:30 PM
Was that the Trialist?

Another dig at one of our players and he’s not even signed for us! At least give Trains the benefit of the doubt.

A proper run out and im sure it'll be full steam ahead..

HoboHarry
09-07-2019, 10:34 PM
A proper run out and im sure it'll be full steam ahead..
Thread going off track again.....

Hibbyradge
09-07-2019, 10:41 PM
Thread going off track again.....

Yip.

It's hit the buffers again.

DTS
09-07-2019, 10:41 PM
Has anyone seen the goals posted anywhere?

The_Horde
09-07-2019, 10:42 PM
There's no problem.

Whilst I do know what you're saying I found your suicide note reference quite offensive. Suicide is a very serious subject, particularly in today's society, and it most definitely isn't something you should be using to make a point.

Using it in an analogy totally belittles the seriousness of the issue, almost making light of it or mocking the idea of it.

Not conducive in helping to tackle the issue at all.

B.H.F.C
09-07-2019, 10:46 PM
Observations from what I have seen in pre season.

Allan obviously adds something, which we knew he would.

I think Dodge will do all right.

James and Jackson look decent enough. Are they going to improve our back four though? Do they play if everyone is available?

I thought Newell was lazy tonight.

We need a midfielder. Desperately.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-07-2019, 10:50 PM
Quite funny watching the wee locals trying to be brave coming up Botchergate singing Engerlund, Engerlund never made it to the 3rd Engerlund before they had it away on their toes as Del Boy would say!

It was like Chic Murray on Gregory's Girl, go away you small boys! 😁

h18eeynick
09-07-2019, 10:56 PM

James and Jackson look decent enough. Are they going to improve our back four though? Do they play if everyone is available?

Unfortunately i agree re Newell tonight.In the first half I thought there were 3 or 4 loose balls that he should have tried for but didnt. However after only a few weeks of training , which apparently are quite intense , and 3 games in a week albeit only part game then it will take time. Lets see what he adds in a month or so

Hibbyradge
09-07-2019, 10:59 PM
Whilst I do know what you're saying I found your suicide note reference quite offensive. Suicide is a very serious subject, particularly in today's society, and it most definitely isn't something you should be using to make a point.

Using it in an analogy totally belittles the seriousness of the problem we have in our own society, almost making light of it.

Are you saying that the word "suicide" should only be used when referring to a real person taking, or attempting to, take their own life?

I disagree. It has more than one meaning.

People talk about footballer players making suicidal decisions in the game.

Chess players making catastrophic errors, online gamers taking the wrong turn, golfers going for a difficult pin, and businesses making risky investments have all, among many others, been described as suicidal.

Indeed, the online dictionary definition of suicidal includes; "likely to have a disastrously damaging effect on oneself or one's interests e.g. "a suicidal career move".

ahibby
09-07-2019, 11:03 PM

Using it in an analogy totally belittles the seriousness of the issue, almost making light of it or mocking the idea of it.

Not conducive in helping to tackle the issue at all.

I didnt find it offensive at all. Shows we.have different taste. It was never meant to be literal as you said yourself. I also doubt that a thread about a pre season friendly football match is the place to discuss the subjectliteraly and seriously. You obviously have serious concerns about the subject I just dont think this is the firum for it.7

The_Horde
09-07-2019, 11:06 PM
Are you saying that the word "suicide" should only be used when referring to a real person taking, or attempting to, take their own life?

Chess players making catastrophic errors, online gamers taking the wrong turn, golfers going for a difficult pin, and businesses making risky investments among many others,have all been described as suicidal.

Indeed, the definition of suicidal includes; "ikely to have a disastrously damaging effect on oneself or one's interests
"a suicidal career move".

The word being used in those contexts isn't doing the problem any good at all though and it's high time people stopped using it to describe mediocre events or jokingly to describe how they were feeling after them.

Anyway, can continue this debate in PM if you wish. Won't drag the thread miles off page.

Forza Fred
09-07-2019, 11:16 PM

Nope.

ahibby
09-07-2019, 11:18 PM

Chess players making catastrophic errors, online gamers taking the wrong turn, golfers going for a difficult pin, and businesses making risky investments have all, among many others, been described as suicidal.

Indeed, the online dictionary definition of suicidal includes; "likely to have a disastrously damaging effect on oneself or one's interests e.g. "a suicidal career move".
There is a chance but only a small one that we are being wound up. Being shot is a prolific problem these days. So we had better not say that a player went down like he had been shot.

Forza Fred
09-07-2019, 11:19 PM
Slivka is miles away. Is injured so hasn't even done the pre-season stuff all the rest of the players have done, once he's back training he'll still have to do all that so a few weeks at least. Heckingbottom didn't sound too happy with him, though can't see how he can be at fault if it's 'just' an injury

Yeah, I picked up that vibe too.

I don’t expect Slivka to get much time in a first team Hibs jersey this season.

SaulGoodman
09-07-2019, 11:20 PM
Any clips of the goals?

SMAXXA
09-07-2019, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I picked up that vibe too.

I don’t expect Slivka to get much time in a first team Hibs jersey this season.

Where did you hear that mate?

hibsfan
09-07-2019, 11:25 PM
Loving tonight’s result - stuck £20 on a Hibs win at 1-3 down at 90/1 happy days!

09-07-2019, 11:27 PM
Loving tonight’s result - stuck £20 on a Hibs win at 1-3 down at 90/1 happy days!

Well done, the drinks are on you. :thumbsup:

ahibby
09-07-2019, 11:29 PM

WHOOPEE! Result well done!

Hibbyradge
09-07-2019, 11:37 PM
The word being used in those contexts isn't doing the problem any good at all though and it's high time people stopped using it to describe mediocre events or jokingly to describe how they were feeling after them.

Anyway, can continue this debate in PM if you wish. Won't drag the thread miles off page.

"Suicide" has more than one specific meaning. Ask any Tory politician about voting against Brexit.

Just the same as words like "death", cancer", "god", "war", "kill", "rape" etc etc etc. Or "shot" as mentioned above.

One has to be able to differentiate between the literal and the figurative. Or offence will be everywhere.

Ozyhibby
09-07-2019, 11:45 PM
My thoughts on the new guys so far. It’s early days yet and I reserve the right to change my mind.
Tom James :- doesn’t get forward enough, not aggressive enough.
Jackson:- hard to tell yet but on the ball he doesn’t look that great. Hanlon better in that respect.
Newall :- not sure he knew he was in a game tonight or just a kick about with his mates. Looked half asleep. Needs a rocket up his behind.
Doidge: - best of the bunch for me. Played up on his own and worked hard. Got a goal and an assist.
Scott Allan :- Class and we would have lost but for him coming on and lifting the intensity of the rest of the team.

The youngsters are not ready to step up yet for me.
Campbell and Stirling not at the races in midfield. Murray was a bit better when he came on.
Sean Mackie done well first half but needs to watch the gap between him and the centre half as he gets caught out with the ball played through there quite a bit. He’s improving though.
I thought Ollie Shaw looked good again tonight. Just desperately needs a goal I think. Him and Flo worked hard together.

Ryan Moon:- he done nothing wrong but not enough for a new deal in my opinion.

1875STEVE
09-07-2019, 11:48 PM
Any clips of the goals?

Only one ive seen.

Doidge

https://twitter.com/punkpuffin/status/1148730797572198402

Real Emerald
10-07-2019, 12:00 AM

What a belter of a bet that was. Very well done and do something nice with your winnings 👍👍👍👍

Hermit Crab
10-07-2019, 12:08 AM
Another win, and the young CCS saw off the BCF along the Botchergate after the game, a nice double, some folk still not happy 😉

Unfortunately one of our own fans was badly done in on Warwick road after the game, walked past him as the police were dealing with him. He was in some mess, had a very nasty looking cut under his eye and looked to have been hit on the head with something. He had a lot of blood all over his face. Rumour was that a few of the Carlisle mob were hiding behind a parked van and jumped out and got this poor lad with a brick to the head. He was standing up and talking ok but he had definitely taken a dull one like.

Hermit Crab
10-07-2019, 12:10 AM
It was like Chic Murray on Gregory's Girl, go away you small boys! 😁

You're that pished you're quoting your own post. :greengrin

1875STEVE
10-07-2019, 02:09 AM
goals

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/5702

DetroitHibs
10-07-2019, 04:06 AM

Just an FYI, I'll continue using the word suicide to describe, defending or however else I want. I'm not giving in to this PC garbage that's being pushed.

Jones28
10-07-2019, 04:31 AM
Just an FYI, I'll continue using the word suicide to describe, defending or however else I want. I'm not giving in to this PC garbage that's being pushed.

I felt similarly to you until I saw the after effects of a suicide on the people I love, I hope you haven’t had to see that and never do. Just a thought.

RE Hermit’s post, hope the guy is ok.

Good win tonight, great drive from the boys and good to see Campbell get the winner if he wasn’t really in the game. I’ll still reserve the right to be mildly concerned that we’re letting in plenty of goals - seems to be down to goalie error more than anything though.

DetroitHibs
10-07-2019, 04:35 AM
I felt similarly to you until I saw the after effects of a suicide on the people I love, I hope you haven’t had to see that and never do. Just a thought.

RE Hermit’s post, hope the guy is ok.

Good win tonight, great drive from the boys and good to see Campbell get the winner if he wasn’t really in the game. I’ll still reserve the right to be mildly concerned that we’re letting in plenty of goals - seems to be down to goalie error more than anything though.

I have seen it first hand to a very good friend of mine. I also have lost my father to cancer, and will still jokingly say something or someone is as slow as cancer. I just don't take offense to these things and it pisses me off the way society is. Everyone seems to want to take offense to the slightest thing.

Dmas
10-07-2019, 04:41 AM
goals

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/5702

Even from the brief highlights there you can see the need for a bit more in midfield hopefully we can get a couple of players in that do more of the donkey work in there so we can get Allan/Mallan in the right areas don’t think either are suited to winning the ball back

grammyb111
10-07-2019, 05:01 AM
Where did you hear that mate?Heckingbottom after Dunfermline game

Unseen work
10-07-2019, 05:26 AM
My review of the game appears to be a lot more positive than others.

First half:

Dominated the first half with Mallan, Horgan and Kamberi playing really well. We had the vast majority of possession and really should have punished them more, Newell and Kamberi will probably be disappointed they never scored. Great pass and finish for Kamberi’s goal.

The goal we conceded was poor, allowed the winger to run to the edge of our box and then Marciano was poor with the ball going under him at his near post.

Second half:

Not as dominant which was largely down to the subs and change in shape imo, again conceded 2 goals however I wouldn’t get worked up about these as one is a screamer, the other is an own goal Daz could do nothing about. What was a positive was that near the end of the game we continued to press and Harry their players and forced them into mistakes.

Overall:

Our press was a lot better from the front and won us possession high up the pitch on several occasions, with more sharpness and games under our belt these will lead to goals. Defensively we were a bit shakey at times in the second half, mainly when Mallan went off. There are plenty of positives to take from today’s performance, the main one for me was the individual performances. I also think as a team we seem far more comfortable in possession m, especially in tight situations and can play our way out.

Players:

Mallan - Came on massively defensively and seems to interfept a lot of passes and read the game well. On the ball, his passing is just fantastic and the way he switches play from one side to an other is incredible, he does it with such ease and puts it right onto the players foot.

Horgan - tons of energy and looks faster aswell, great closing down and very good on the ball. Really looking forward to him this season

Kamberi - His miss aside he was brilliant, back to his usual with his hold up play, tricks and flicks. He also worked very hard and constantly closed down defenders.

Campbell - Played well and put in a power of work, closing down the opposition and was rewarded with his goals

James - I think the boys a player, so casual and never wastes a pass, sometimes I would like to see him more direct but his vision and quality to execute the pass or cross is very encouraging. Think he will get a lot of assists and will be a dream for our strikers as he has the ability to put them on a plate.

Newell - I read recently that he said he wasn’t a winger till recently and I would agree, he has good quality on the ball however think he needs to be more central to get the best out of him. He said before he was left of a 3/diamond. I would like to see us add another genuine tricky winger.

Mackie - I’m a huge fan of his but he needs to get his composure back and make better use of the ball, last couple of games he has tried to force it or gives it away needlessly. A lot better defensively today however.

Shaw - Has taken a lot of stick lately but I thought he done well, was good in the air and made
good use of the ball. He needs a goal for his confidence

Doidge - Great header and can see fans liking him, has a fantastic work rate and looks like he can take the ball in and look after it.

Evwryone needs to relax . It’s our third pre season game and we’ve won 2, the errors made are mainly individual and there is nothing you can do to fix that. We have not yet played our strongest 11 and I think it’s showing we have good options available, still think we will add another 3/4 players before the window is shut.

mjhibby
10-07-2019, 05:26 AM
The usual suspects mate...embarrassing over a pre season friendly honestly. Some just aren't happy unless they are bashing the team and manager they are meant to support

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The usual suspects indeed. I bet these guys are the life and soul of any party. If you've watched wild Bill with Rob Lowe one of the lines in it is the people of boston,Lancashires default position is miserable. I think some guys are not happy unless things are going badly and they can't vent their frustrations on here. Each to their own but it's bloody frustrating coming on .net for info and gossip only to face a barrage of negativity that makes Victor meldrew look like Mr happy of the mister men. Probably spent Alex millers time as manager moaning at Kano,Joe tortalano etc. These are good times to be a hibby yet these guys,it seems,are only engaged and happy when it goes Pete tong. The crazy unreal world that is social media.

mjhibby
10-07-2019, 05:52 AM
Some folk on this thread are at the wind up or need to be seeking help. It's bloody preseason friendlies. Can anybody tell me all last season friendly scores or the season before that. They are games to get players fit for the season. Making judgements on friendlies is bonkers. The dons haven't had a good preseason,neither have Hertz. Does that mean they can write off their seasons before it's started. Absolute nonsense. I remember when the porn star was playing for us and we had virtually the same preseason fixtures as Hertz. We got far better results than them but when the season started they got off to a flier and we dropped a good few points. Hecky has said he will not play his strongest team till the season starts for real. Plus there will be at least three more signings. Friendlies are where you get rid of the cobwebs from the summer hols. Still .net isn't as bad keekback which is one pit of despair at their prospects for the coming seaon.
Why anybody is doubting Hecky after what he did last season with the same players Lennon had is beyond me.
Some folk are just never pleased. Suck it up as the Hibs go marching on. Ggtth.

BILLYHIBS
10-07-2019, 05:56 AM

First half:

Dominated the first half with Mallan, Horgan and Kamberi playing really well. We had the vast majority of possession and really should have punished them more, Newell and Kamberi will probably be disappointed they never scored. Great pass and finish for Kamberi’s goal.

The goal we conceded was poor, allowed the winger to run to the edge of our box and then Marciano was poor with the ball going under him at his near post.

Second half:

Not as dominant which was largely down to the subs and change in shape imo, again conceded 2 goals however I wouldn’t get worked up about these as one is a screamer, the other is an own goal Daz could do nothing about. What was a positive was that near the end of the game we continued to press and Harry their players and forced them into mistakes.

Overall:

Our press was a lot better from the front and won us possession high up the pitch on several occasions, with more sharpness and games under our belt these will lead to goals. Defensively we were a bit shakey at times in the second half, mainly when Mallan went off. There are plenty of positives to take from today’s performance, the main one for me was the individual performances. I also think as a team we seem far more comfortable in possession m, especially in tight situations and can play our way out.

Players:

Mallan - Came on massively defensively and seems to interfept a lot of passes and read the game well. On the ball, his passing is just fantastic and the way he switches play from one side to an other is incredible, he does it with such ease and puts it right onto the players foot.

Horgan - tons of energy and looks faster aswell, great closing down and very good on the ball. Really looking forward to him this season

Kamberi - His miss aside he was brilliant, back to his usual with his hold up play, tricks and flicks. He also worked very hard and constantly closed down defenders.

Campbell - Played well and put in a power of work, closing down the opposition and was rewarded with his goals

James - I think the boys a player, so casual and never wastes a pass, sometimes I would like to see him more direct but his vision and quality to execute the pass or cross is very encouraging. Think he will get a lot of assists and will be a dream for our strikers as he has the ability to put them on a plate.

Newell - I read recently that he said he wasn’t a winger till recently and I would agree, he has good quality on the ball however think he needs to be more central to get the best out of him. He said before he was left of a 3/diamond. I would like to see us add another genuine tricky winger.

Mackie - I’m a huge fan of his but he needs to get his composure back and make better use of the ball, last couple of games he has tried to force it or gives it away needlessly. A lot better defensively today however.

Shaw - Has taken a lot of stick lately but I thought he done well, was good in the air and made

Doidge - Great header and can see fans liking him, has a fantastic work rate and looks like he can take the ball in and look after it.

Evwryone needs to relax . It’s our third pre season game and we’ve won 2, the errors made are mainly individual and there is nothing you can do to fix that. We have not yet played our strongest 11 and I think it’s showing we have good options available, still think we will add another 3/4 players before the window is shut.

Good review. Any news on SDG? Is he injured?

The_Horde
10-07-2019, 05:58 AM
"Suicide" has more than one specific meaning. Ask any Tory politician about voting against Brexit.

Just the same as words like "death", cancer", "god", "war", "kill", "rape" etc etc etc. Or "shot" as mentioned above.

One has to be able to differentiate between the literal and the figurative. Or offence will be everywhere.

Suicide does have more than one meaning. The term 'suicide note' however (as you used it) is a direct reference to something people do before they attempt to take their own lives.

Anyway. As I've said, if anyone would like to discuss further feel free to PM me. It's not really a topic for this thread and I didn't intend for a huge discussion on the subject

Unseen work
10-07-2019, 06:34 AM
Good review. Any news on SDG? Is he injured?

Yeah Gray, Whitts, Hanlon and Boyle were all struggling so rested as a precautionary measure.

Winston Ingram
10-07-2019, 06:35 AM

Yer bang on. Some people just make it their business to be offended.

Mikey
10-07-2019, 06:48 AM
Very average......... passenger.

poor.

poor.

ineffective.

grim

I’m worried.

mince...... not good enough.

I’m certainly not convinced by them.

I take it you've turned your attention to the team now that Rod has gone?

theonlywayisup
10-07-2019, 06:53 AM

I hear what you are saying but an awful lot of threads are ruined by a very small % of posters who come onto a great forum and whether intentionally or not stir things up. You once said to me that it's always been like that, but I believe it's much worse now.

I'll own up that I was once banned from this forum before. My crime was to start a thread saying that a documentary had just started on TV based on an allegation that a EPL player had been banned from taking drugs by his club, a player we all knew to be Gary O'Connor. I offered no opinion on this, my intention was only to say it's started.

I tried to log in the next day but was banned with the message "WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO DO", the accusation was that I was posting something that was negative towards Hibs even though GOC didn't play for Hibs at that time. All I did was open a thread about GOC.

Now we've got a small % of posters who post such negative rubbish about the team I love. I don't come onto this forum to read such negative rubbish. I have never done that, yet I was the one who got banned.

My message to you and your fellow Admins is that you should spend your time weeding out those with an overly negative view of Hibs and then this place will become a more enjoyable place to pop into. We're all Hibs fans after all.

I may be banned for stating the above, but I'm not really that bothered. This forum is not what it was.

Brightside
10-07-2019, 07:02 AM

100% no. These are just used to sort out fitness and give players a run out. There are not definitive game plans for these matches. The time for people to wet themselves is when we have matches that actually mean something. But it’s been the same on every once of the pre season threads.

Robbo6-2
10-07-2019, 07:06 AM
Step away from the Keyboard Ozy Hibby

Time for a break

Pretty Boy
10-07-2019, 07:52 AM
I hear what you are saying but an awful lot of threads are ruined by a very small % of posters who come onto a great forum and whether intentionally or not stir things up. You once said to me that it's always been like that, but I believe it's much worse now.

I'll own up that I was once banned from this forum before. My crime was to start a thread saying that a documentary had just started on TV based on an allegation that a EPL player had been banned from taking drugs by his club, a player we all knew to be Gary O'Connor. I offered no opinion on this, my intention was only to say it's started.

I tried to log in the next day but was banned with the message "WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO DO", the accusation was that I was posting something that was negative towards Hibs even though GOC didn't play for Hibs at that time. All I did was open a thread about GOC.

Now we've got a small % of posters who post such negative rubbish about the team I love. I don't come onto this forum to read such negative rubbish. I have never done that, yet I was the one who got banned.

My message to you and your fellow Admins is that you should spend your time weeding out those with an overly negative view of Hibs and then this place will become a more enjoyable place to pop into. We're all Hibs fans after all.

I may be banned for stating the above, but I'm not really that bothered. This forum is not what it was.

I can't comment on the reason(s) you were banned as it must have been before my time as an admin, I don't think it's fair for me to pass a judgement either way if I only see one side of the story.

I've argued this point already recently but I stand by it; the way people see a thread and how they perceive it is as much a result of what they want to see as what they actually see. The opinion of hibs.net on other platforms is not always a favourable one. There have been accusations that go as far as suggesting some of us are being given financial incentives to moderate the board in such as way so as to ensure the mood of the support is misrepresented with a bias towards the positive. In other words the club are pulling the strings and we are manipulating the discussion to try to influence people to fall into line and clap like trained seals. The flip side of that is a lot of people who use the board believe this place is unduly negative and we are too lenient in allowing negative opinion to go unchecked. There also seems to be a view that negativity is a new phenomenon. I'd argue both points are essentially nonsense. We have banned people in the past when their negativity descends into blatant trolling but we have never censored an opinion simply because it doesn't toe some non existent party line (or certainoly haven't done so in my time as an admin). Equally I don't think this place is anywhere near as negative as some people make out; there seems to be a trend towards focusing on a tiny % of posts and painting that as representative of a bigger picture. I'd also suggest trying to explain to Joe Harper, Ally Brazil, Joe Tortolano, Brian Hamilton, Stuart Lovell et al that negativity or scapegoating is a new phenomenon might be met with a degree of scepticism.

I often think that for some people 'negativity' and 'positivity' could actually be substituted with 'people who agree with me' and 'people who disagree with me'. It's an increasing issue on social media imo, people don't actually want to debate or argue their point; they want to express their opinion and walk away unchallenged. When challenged on their opinion they just shut down the conversation, mock the topic or become aggressive. It's particularly prevalent on the Holy Ground forum on here but it does seem to have spread elsewhere. The forum platform is an increasingly old fashioned one and maybe I'm just behind the times in actually enjoying backing up my point or opinion rather than just throwing out a one liner with a limited number of characters and walking away. I also think some people need to consider their own hypocrisies and that again plays in to my agree and disagree argument. I've seen people on this thread who were quite happy to 'ruin' match day threads when it suited their viewpoint of the time to be negative now getting very, very upset at others for doing the same when it doesn't suit their current opinion.

Finally if your general point was that hibs.net has gotten worse then I'd absolutely agree with you, sad as that is. I don't think the blame lies with one specific group of posters though and I don't think it's an easy fix.

Tyler Durden
10-07-2019, 07:56 AM
My thoughts on the new guys so far. It’s early days yet and I reserve the right to change my mind.
Tom James :- doesn’t get forward enough, not aggressive enough.
Jackson:- hard to tell yet but on the ball he doesn’t look that great. Hanlon better in that respect.
Newall :- not sure he knew he was in a game tonight or just a kick about with his mates. Looked half asleep. Needs a rocket up his behind.
Doidge: - best of the bunch for me. Played up on his own and worked hard. Got a goal and an assist.
Scott Allan :- Class and we would have lost but for him coming on and lifting the intensity of the rest of the team.

The youngsters are not ready to step up yet for me.
Campbell and Stirling not at the races in midfield. Murray was a bit better when he came on.
Sean Mackie done well first half but needs to watch the gap between him and the centre half as he gets caught out with the ball played through there quite a bit. He’s improving though.
I thought Ollie Shaw looked good again tonight. Just desperately needs a goal I think. Him and Flo worked hard together.

Ryan Moon:- he done nothing wrong but not enough for a new deal in my opinion.

Bit of a different assessment than saying all the new players were “mince” as you did a few hour prior to this post.

mjhibby
10-07-2019, 07:59 AM

Can't see anything wrong with your post and agree that the forum is spoiled by a few consistently negative people. Unfortunately it's merely a reflection of society where being negative is the norm for many folk. IMHO

Jones28
10-07-2019, 08:03 AM
I have seen it first hand to a very good friend of mine. I also have lost my father to cancer, and will still jokingly say something or someone is as slow as cancer. I just don't take offense to these things and it pisses me off the way society is. Everyone seems to want to take offense to the slightest thing.

Suicide is not “the slightest thing” to a lot of people. Maybe if you’re being told you’re offending someone you should think about what the word means before it gets put into other conversations.

Since90+2
10-07-2019, 08:04 AM
People take this forum way too seriously.

number9dream
10-07-2019, 08:15 AM
So who starts on Saturday based on our mix-and-match friendly outings and current knocks / injury list?

Back four from last night seems likely due to lack of other options...

LeithMike
10-07-2019, 08:24 AM
I can't comment on the reason(s) you were banned as it must have been before my time as an admin, I don't think it's fair for me to pass a judgement either way if I only see one side of the story.

I've argued this point already recently but I stand by it; the way people see a thread and how they perceive it is as much a result of what they want to see as what they actually see. The opinion of hibs.net on other platforms is not always a favourable one. There have been accusations that go as far as suggesting some of us are being given financial incentives to moderate the board in such as way so as to ensure the mood of the support is misrepresented with a bias towards the positive. In other words the club are pulling the strings and we are manipulating the discussion to try to influence people to fall into line and clap like trained seals. The flip side of that is a lot of people who use the board believe this place is unduly negative and we are too lenient in allowing negative opinion to go unchecked. There also seems to be a view that negativity is a new phenomenon. I'd argue both points are essentially nonsense. We have banned people in the past when their negativity descends into blatant trolling but we have never censored an opinion simply because it doesn't toe some non existent party line (or certainoly haven't done so in my time as an admin). Equally I don't think this place is anywhere near as negative as some people make out; there seems to be a trend towards focusing on a tiny % of posts and painting that as representative of a bigger picture. I'd also suggest trying to explain to Joe Harper, Ally Brazil, Joe Tortolano, Brian Hamilton, Stuart Lovell et al that negativity or scapegoating is a new phenomenon might be met with a degree of scepticism.

I often think that for some people 'negativity' and 'positivity' could actually be substituted with 'people who agree with me' and 'people who disagree with me'. It's an increasing issue on social media imo, people don't actually want to debate or argue their point; they want to express their opinion and walk away unchallenged. When challenged on their opinion they just shut down the conversation, mock the topic or become aggressive. It's particularly prevalent on the Holy Ground forum on here but it does seem to have spread elsewhere. The forum platform is an increasingly old fashioned one and maybe I'm just behind the times in actually enjoying backing up my point or opinion rather than just throwing out a one liner with a limited number of characters and walking away. I also think some people need to consider their own hypocrisies and that again plays in to my agree and disagree argument. I've seen people on this thread who were quite happy to 'ruin' match day threads when it suited their viewpoint of the time to be negative now getting very, very upset at others for doing the same when it doesn't suit their current opinion.

Finally if your general point was that hibs.net has gotten worse then I'd absolutely agree with you, sad as that is. I don't think the blame lies with one specific group of posters though and I don't think it's an easy fix.Always enjoy your posts on any subject PB. All are considered and tolerant.

I think you are right on this. I dont think it's the 'negative' or 'positve' posts but a general lack of respect between posters and a tolerance of others' views (I was probably guilty of this myself the other day). We all see things differently but it's the way that posters become encamped in one side or the other - bedwetters or happy clappers. The infighting is quite off-putting.

In my long time following Hibs, there have always been things to be positive about and always things of concern.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
10-07-2019, 08:26 AM
So who starts on Saturday based on our mix-and-match friendly outings and current knocks / injury list?

Marciano

Mackie
Hanlon
McGregor
James

Horgan
Mallan
Allan
Boyle

Kamberri
Shaw

MWHIBBIES
10-07-2019, 08:28 AM
I take it you've turned your attention to the team now that Rod has gone?

Ozy has been making ridiculous, negative, premature judgements on signings for years, it's half his post count. I expect a thread soon enough, calling out George Craig.

Ozyhibby
10-07-2019, 08:33 AM
Ozy has been making ridiculous, negative, premature judgements on signings for years, it's half his post count. I expect a thread soon enough, calling out George Craig.

Which players have I got wrong in the past?

Heisenberg
10-07-2019, 08:35 AM

Marciano

James
Jackson
McGregor
Mackie

Horgan
Mallan
Campbell
Allan

Doidge
Kamberi

This is assuming all players that missed last night will still be out.

MWHIBBIES
10-07-2019, 08:49 AM
Which players have I got wrong in the past?

You're talking about not being convinced by players after 3 friendlies. I mean ****ing obviously, you aren't supposed to be. It takes time to adapt. The only one who has actually shown little is Newall.

Also, you were very wrong about Holt and Shinnie that season, both contributed to a vital promotion. Slivka nothing like the failure you constantly post about either.

FilipinoHibs
10-07-2019, 08:55 AM

We could use artificial intelligence (know the jokes are coming) and divert negative posts to a "I despair of Hibs " thread.

Diclonius
10-07-2019, 09:04 AM
Marciano

James
Jackson
McGregor
Mackie

Horgan
Mallan
Campbell
Allan

Doidge
Kamberi

This is assuming all players that missed last night will still be out.

That's an extremely light midfield. Is Campbell an AM?

EDIT: Centre back on FM so presume he's now moved forward to DM.

Hibbyradge
10-07-2019, 09:05 AM
Suicide does have more than one meaning. The term 'suicide note' however (as you used it) is a direct reference to something people do before they attempt to take their own lives.

Anyway. As I've said, if anyone would like to discuss further feel free to PM me. It's not really a topic for this thread and I didn't intend for a huge discussion on the subject

My use of the phrase, "virtual suicide note" was in the context of an individual posting extremely negative comments and getting rinsed by several others as a result.

It seems clear that you have sensitivities surrounding the subject, and I sympathise, but for your own good, I'd suggest that you work on becoming more resilient because the words suicide" and "suicide note" will continue to be widely used as metaphors.

One Day Soon
10-07-2019, 09:10 AM
Great thread.

Tells us that the pre-season friendlies are going exactly as you would reasonably expect, that we could still do with a few more signings and that these games reveal almost nothing about how we will line up, how we will play and what our season is going to be like.

Also tells us that the pre-season .net posts are going exactly as you would expect and that most posters are finding their respective natural good, bad or indifferent rythyms from last season very quickly despite close season rustiness. It's not until the the season proper starts that we can expect to see the real equilibrium between bedwetters and happy clappers reassert itself.

The_Horde
10-07-2019, 09:13 AM
My use of the phrase, "virtual suicide note" was in the context of an individual posting extremely negative comments and getting rinsed by several others as a result.

It seems clear that you have sensitivities surrounding the subject, and I sympathise, but for your own good, I'd suggest that you work on becoming more resilient because the words suicide" and "suicide note" will continue to be widely used as metaphors.

It's clear we'll just go round and round here so its best left alone I think.

Hibbyradge
10-07-2019, 09:17 AM
It's clear we'll just go round and round here so its best left alone I think.

Indeed.

calumhibee1
10-07-2019, 09:24 AM

From what I’ve saw that’s where I am aswell. James and Jackson look fine but not improvements on Gray and Hanlon and therefore will just be back up from what I’ve saw.

Mackie looks nowhere near ready to take the shirt off Stevenson.

Newell has offered very little in the last two matches.

Doidge looks a handful and like he could be a decent signing.

Flo is looking a bit better than he had done last year.

Scott Allan didn’t do a lot on Saturday but looked good last night. 2 goals in 3, if he’s added goals to his game now then we could have a midfielder that pisses all over near enough every other midfielder in the league.

Fraser Murray looks like he’ll feature more this year and has been decent enough last two games.

Smartie
10-07-2019, 09:27 AM
There is always going to be a bit of negativity, I suppose it is whether or not that negativity is excessive or disproportionate, and whether it is remotely deserved in the first place.

I was expressing concerns during the second half of the game. I'm not convinced it is ever reasonable to be unconcerned when losing 3-1 to a team who plays at a lower level playing their first pre-season game. I'd go as far as to say that the comeback papered over a few cracks - they were always going to tire (due to just being back from the summer) which let us get our goals as much as great play from us.

All of that said, you can only ever read so much into friendlies, positive or negative. The real stuff starts on Saturday.

I think we've still got a lot of work ahead fixing that midfield, I'm a bit concerned about the individual mistakes and poor goals we're losing but I'm quite encouraged at how strong our second half performances have been once we've got certain players onto the park and the team has settled down.

Ozyhibby
10-07-2019, 09:27 AM
You're talking about not being convinced by players after 3 friendlies. I mean ****ing obviously, you aren't supposed to be. It takes time to adapt. The only one who has actually shown little is Newall.

Also, you were very wrong about Holt and Shinnie that season, both contributed to a vital promotion. Slivka nothing like the failure you constantly post about either.

I did get Holt wrong to an extent because pre season I thought he would be perfect to play alongside Cummings. He wasn’t and the club emptied him and Shinnie first chance they got.
Slivka will either be moved on or his contract allowed to run down.
I feel I judged them right and the clubs action back that up, you obviously feel differently.
It’s still early for these new signings and I liked a bit of what I saw from Doidge. The other have still to show that they can be automatic starters.
Except Scott Allan. He looks class still and showed the others the work rate needed.

theonlywayisup
10-07-2019, 09:35 AM

Finally if your general point was that hibs.net has gotten worse then I'd absolutely agree with you, sad as that is. I don't think the blame lies with one specific group of posters though and I don't think it's an easy fix.

Cheers PB, thanks for your reply.

I do find I rarely read/post now on Hibs.net now, as I filter out those with the overly negative views on all things Hibs. In life, I'm a "pint half full" person, whereas there appears to be many in the "pint half empty and some Jambo has peed in it" camp.

Your mentioning of Joe Tortolano just shows that we can all be negative about some Hibs players - he got me so angry at times, yet that didn''t stop me signing "Joe, Joe, Super Joe".

Theonlywayisup...............

ancient hibee
10-07-2019, 09:45 AM
People take this forum way too seriously.

:top marks Spot on. I mentioned this forum to a group of Hibs fans of varying ages and interests last season.They had no idea what I was talking about-had never heard of it.

Barman Stanton
10-07-2019, 09:46 AM
Cheers PB, thanks for your reply.

I do find I rarely read/post now on Hibs.net now, as I filter out those with the overly negative views on all things Hibs. In life, I'm a "pint half full" person, whereas there appears to be many in the "pint half empty and some Jambo has peed in it" camp.

Your mentioning of Joe Tortolano just shows that we can all be negative about some Hibs players - he got me so angry at times, yet that didn''t stop me signing "Joe, Joe, Super Joe".

Theonlywayisup...............

Also generally glass half full myself. Life is too short for too much negativity. I actually feel bad for those that constantly see things in a negative light.

MWHIBBIES
10-07-2019, 09:52 AM
I did get Holt wrong to an extent because pre season I thought he would be perfect to play alongside Cummings. He wasn’t and the club emptied him and Shinnie first chance they got.
Slivka will either be moved on or his contract allowed to run down.
I feel I judged them right and the clubs action back that up, you obviously feel differently.
It’s still early for these new signings and I liked a bit of what I saw from Doidge. The other have still to show that they can be automatic starters.
Except Scott Allan. He looks class still and showed the others the work rate needed.

Contacts expired = emptied first chance they got :faf:

Can't really take you seriously when you say things like that to suit your agenda. Not being in the plans for the season ahead is different to being a failure. Every single player at the club has to show they can be an automatic starter. Duh.

B.H.F.C
10-07-2019, 09:57 AM

This was very obvious in the two games he came on as a sub, he tried to play with a bit of urgency and intensity. It’s fine saying that ‘it’s just pre season’ but players do need to show a bit of intent. You can’t just switch it on once the real games start.

And it’s not as if Allan has always been well known for his desire to chase after the ball.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-07-2019, 10:04 AM
You're that pished you're quoting your own post. :greengrin

It wouldn't have made much sense if I had quoted a post about suicide etc!

Hibbyradge
10-07-2019, 10:04 AM
Coming to conclusions about a team after, or even during, a pre-season friendly is plain daft, imo.

Hibs will have started their matches with no game plan, they won't have even looked at their opponents' strengths and weaknesses, and the players' motivation to battle, sweat blood and win, will be virtually nonexistent.

Even drawing conclusions about individual players' ability is fraught with danger for similar reasons.

Let's wait and see what they look like when there are points, a regular starting place, and significantly, bonuses, at stake.

J-C
10-07-2019, 10:09 AM
People differ, that's what makes the world go round, if we all followed like sheep it'd be a boring place. I don't like when posters pick on anyone who dares to be of a different viewpoint but saying that there are certain posters who are negative in almost every post they make, that can be tiresome as are the overly happy clappers. People need to chill a bit.

Ozyhibby
10-07-2019, 10:16 AM
This was very obvious in the two games he came on as a sub, he tried to play with a bit of urgency and intensity. It’s fine saying that ‘it’s just pre season’ but players do need to show a bit of intent. You can’t just switch it on once the real games start.

And it’s not as if Allan has always been well known for his desire to chase after the ball.

Horgan as well playing at a high tempo. Early days yet so hopefully others get themselves up to speed quickly.

Greenbeard
10-07-2019, 10:33 AM
Anyone on the Carlisle side worth keeping tabs on? Just seen the highlights on Hibs TV and the boy Hope's goal was a stunner. Cliff talked him up when he came on at half time as having been a promising youngster under Stubbs at Everton and someone we had an eye on previously. Any opinions from those who were there (or watched the full 90 on HIbs tv)?

neil7908
10-07-2019, 10:33 AM

I'm really interested in how we will line up, not just personnel wise but also formation.

brog
10-07-2019, 10:40 AM

As ever PB you make good points in a fair & constructive manner. I would add however that the points you make above could also be applied to those negative posters. It's extraordinary how sensitive these posters, who criticise everything about our club, become when they themselves are criticised. FWIW Ozy's long been known as Mr Negativity, he jokes about it himself & he occasionally :greengrin posts something worth reading! Squirrel 1875 on the other hand appeared from nowhere to pour vitriol on our manager at every opportunity. He derided us when we went behind on Saturday then disappeared when we won. He did much the same last night & then compounded it by claiming we were playing Carlisle's youth team. It's totally fine to have very different opinions on players & managers but it's not fine IMO to say that (I paraphrase} we're idiots if we don't agree with S1875. I have no idea why he's so anti PH but his posts were very poor. FWIW I think he received minimal abuse/criticism but he immediately went running for Mummy saying "it's no fair". I really don't want to read this rubbish on a match day thread every time we concede a goal.

WeeRussell
10-07-2019, 11:13 AM

If it was the same posters saying both your lines, you might have had a point for once.

Nice to come back and win any game like that, particularly for the large number of fans that travelled down. But ultimately it doesn't mean anything as it doesn't win us points or advance us to any next rounds.

Bobby's Cinema
10-07-2019, 11:17 AM
On some of the new guys;

Moon - He worked harder than anyone else trying to impress, worth another look but not sure he showed quite enough
James - I'm hoping he is a Rolls Royce and he was guilty of treating it too much like a friendly. As when he did get out of first gear, played two great balls down the line second half and a good ball across the box
Doidge - Done well when he came on, made an impact as did most of the subs

Horgan, Kamberi, Allan looking pretty sharp :aok:

Keep waiting on Shaw and Murray to show a bit more

HH81
10-07-2019, 11:19 AM
Anyone on the Carlisle side worth keeping tabs on? Just seen the highlights on Hibs TV and the boy Hope's goal was a stunner. Cliff talked him up when he came on at half time as having been a promising youngster under Stubbs at Everton and someone we had an eye on previously. Any opinions from those who were there (or watched the full 90 on HIbs tv)?

Their number 10 looks to be decent in the 2nd half and had a lot of the ball. Not sure when he came on but I don't remember seeing him in the first half.

Barman Stanton
10-07-2019, 11:19 AM
As ever PB you make good points in a fair & constructive manner. I would add however that the points you make above could also be applied to those negative posters. It's extraordinary how sensitive these posters, who criticise everything about our club, become when they themselves are criticised. FWIW Ozy's long been known as Mr Negativity, he jokes about it himself & he occasionally :greengrin posts something worth reading! Squirrel 1875 on the other hand appeared from nowhere to pour vitriol on our manager at every opportunity. He derided us when we went behind on Saturday then disappeared when we won. He did much the same last night & then compounded it by claiming we were playing Carlisle's youth team. It's totally fine to have very different opinions on players & managers but it's not fine IMO to say that (I paraphrase} we're idiots if we don't agree with S1875. I have no idea why he's so anti PH but his posts were very poor. FWIW I think he received minimal abuse/criticism but he immediately went running for Mummy saying "it's no fair". I really don't want to read this rubbish on a match day thread every time we concede a goal.

Good post. He actually sounded gutted that we won the game.

My_Wife_Camille
10-07-2019, 11:20 AM
If it was the same posters saying both your lines, you might have had a point for once.

Nice to come back and win any game like that, particularly for the large number of fans that travelled down. But ultimately it doesn't mean anything as it doesn't win us points or advance us to any next rounds.
Nice touch! A subtle dig hidden within an otherwise fair post. You love to see it.

allezsauzee
10-07-2019, 11:26 AM
If there is this amount of discord over a pre season friendly, I hate to see what hibs.net is going to be like when the objective is to win points rather than just giving players some match practice while avoiding injury

Green-Hibee-7
10-07-2019, 11:34 AM
My thoughts on the team last night:

Marciano - 1st goal for a man of his quality will be dissapointed and I think if he is match fit doesn’t go in. Took crosses and pot shots in well. No chance with the others. Kicking was OK but misplaced a few.

James - Quick winger in the 1st half seemed to go past him quite easily. Didnt look the strongest or quickest and defensively was caught sleeping imo. Towards the end of the game got more involved and played a few good through balls up the wing and across the face of goal.

Daz - Wins almost everything in the air. Passing not really his game but can’t remember many if at all balls that he gave away. Unlucky with the own goal - don’t think he had time to adjust.

Jackson - Was OK. Out of him and big daz he tried a few more forward thinking passes - some success some not so. Got the height. Is he an improvement on say Hanlon or Porteous - not sure. Early days.

Mackie - thought he had especially 1st half a lot of space but final ball was not great. Looks physical and done quite well defensively. Just needs to stay switched on and work on his final ball.

Newell - All left foot. Had a good strike that went wide 1st half. Looked a bit leggy and I sometimes looked at him and thought would he be better suited in the centre - doesn’t look like he had a lot of pace. Again early days.

Mallan - Brilliant range of passing. Kept us ticking over last night. I like him further forward cause of his shooting. But probably best I’ve seen him playing deeper.

Campbell - Physically he competed. I think for a young lad he was good. Passing was OK, buzzed about in the middle and tried to get forward. Certainly one who has done himself no harm this pre season and another developing season should see him part of the 1st team more regularly.

Horgan - Looked busy and played at a reasonable tempo. Change of pace was exiting. Final ball a bit off but he again looks dangerous. Was one of the better performers.

Shaw - was ok. Challenged in the air and tried to link up with flo best he could. Guy is just needing a goal. Had a few half chances 1st half.

Kamberi - spells in the 1st half looked a bit like his old self. Strong and quick. Touch sometimes let him down but looked a lot more hungrier. Good finish and I’ll be pleased if he gets back to his form he showed 1st season he was here.

Subs: - Thought Allan and Murray brought more tempo to the game. Doidge competed well and caused trouble to get an assist and great header. Stirling again looked OK - Campbell for me has shown more over the games in preseason. Moon - he’s obviously worked hard cause he’s trying to win a deal. I’m hoping we might have other targets we are working on. The young left back didn’t have long.

I thought we were neat and tidy 1st half. Defensively we weren’t great out of possession - but this is pre season. Seldom do you see a complete performance. We came back and it’s better to win than lose. Few more bodies in and roll on the new season.

Barman Stanton
10-07-2019, 11:36 AM
If you guys think .net is bad I hope you are not on any of the Hibs facebook pages. The negativity on those pages are a whole different level.

Brooster
10-07-2019, 11:39 AM
Time to axe some of the posters on here. Boring people to death with their constant know it all p1sh.

Here’s Lucy!
10-07-2019, 11:39 AM
Not this time, LB.

Thanks, didn’t know that! :aok:

Spoilsport.

I am therefore due you an apology. I shouldn’t have jumped in with two left feet.

Sorry. :aok:

Ozyhibby
10-07-2019, 11:42 AM
I don’t mind being called mr. Negativity, I’m not precious at all. However, I was not negative about everyone last night. I though Mallan, Allan, Horgan, Kamberri and Shaw (who everyone else gets negative about but I actually think is about to come good) had good games last night.
I call it as I see it though. If these guys start performing over the next few weeks I’ll say so then as well. I also though Mackie had a decent first half.

FilipinoHibs
10-07-2019, 11:43 AM
Time to axe some of the posters on here. Boring people to death with their constant know it all p1sh.
If you could unfriend like Facebook then would have not see their posts.

Shanksaidno
10-07-2019, 12:00 PM

The Cumberland News review of the game says Hibs were 'backed by a strong contingent' ..... later quoting crowd as 2631 (1065 away fans')

Well done to those that travelled

GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
10-07-2019, 12:03 PM

left click on the offending posters username, click on 'view profile', left click on 'add person to ignore list' simples, stops some getting in a right tizzy if they don't like what another poster says, it's a brilliant function

FilipinoHibs
10-07-2019, 12:07 PM
left click on the offending posters username, click on 'view profile', left click on 'add person to ignore list' simples, stops some getting in a right tizzy if they don't like what another poster says, it's a brilliant function

Thanks. I would do that to anyone. I like to see the rants especially as visits to ER are now limited.

h18eeynick
10-07-2019, 12:08 PM
The Cumberland News review of the game says Hibs were 'backed by a strong contingent' ..... later quoting crowd as 2631 (1065 away fans')

Well done to those that travelled

GGTTH

Well if I cant be bothered walking the ten minutes from my house then i might as well give up ! In all seriousness though I was proud to see so many coming down and maybe folks will appreciate how much us further distant season ticket holders spend in both time and costs. One guy I saw travelled from Fort Willam and others from Yorkshire and further afield. It was great to be back in my home by 10 pm rather than the usual 12.30 to 1 am

One Day Soon
10-07-2019, 12:29 PM

It's a useful function - though I've never exercised it - but it would be just as interesting to be able to see who has put you on ignore...

oldbutdim
10-07-2019, 12:34 PM
It's a useful function - though I've never exercised it - but it would be just as interesting to be able to see who has put you on ignore...

Just quoting that for the benefit of others.

One Day Soon
10-07-2019, 12:36 PM

:hmmm:

MWHIBBIES
10-07-2019, 12:41 PM

Which isn't against the rules. I often disagree with people on here, doesn't mean they should be banned. They're perfectly within their rights to an opinion. The ones who try and moderate the forum, telling mods to close threads and ban people who had done nothing wrong are worse.

WhileTheChief..
10-07-2019, 01:05 PM

Good for you.

Absolutely nothing wrong with using descriptive phrases like suicide defending.

Saint Hibee
10-07-2019, 01:15 PM

First half:

Second half:

Overall:

Players:

Thanks for this. I’ve had to scroll through 14 pages to actually find out what happened in the game!

Keith_M
10-07-2019, 01:27 PM

What was the average age of both teams last night?

One Day Soon
10-07-2019, 03:37 PM
What was the average age of both teams last night?

Depends, real ages or Bloomberg ages?

KdyHby
10-07-2019, 04:26 PM
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17761378.football-fans-arrested-carlisle-united-v-hibernian-fc-match/

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/17760564.promise-defeat-carlisle-utd-39-s-new-faces-youngsters-get-first-pre-season-outing-hibs---hope-goal-steals-show/

Sammy7nil
10-07-2019, 06:33 PM
Spoilsport.

Prick :wink:

Hibbyradge
10-07-2019, 06:47 PM
Depends, real ages or Bloomberg ages?

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2019, 06:53 PM
I only went to this match to meet up with a couple of friends and have a few drinks. FWIW i thought as i do with most friendlies, the produce on show was pish.

Rocky let in a howler, the defending at the other two goals was bad, yes one was a great finish but prior to that we never shut them down and it was all just too easy.

Our defence looks fragile, wouldn't say we look better in fact i'd prefer Stevenson Gray and Hanlon back on that performance.

Again we had Mallan sitting in that quarterback role, chipping balls out wide under no pressure, yet when he did get forward, he did play a good ball through for Kamberi to score.

Mallan really does need to play more forward.

The winger on the left, jeesus wept, he has to be better than that?

Horgan was ok, Doige the same, but as others have said its only pre season, but i would have liked us to be better and in control more.

Tomsk
10-07-2019, 08:40 PM

Naughty, but brilliant :not worth

bingo70
11-07-2019, 08:02 PM
For those that were getting overly worried when we were getting beat off Carlisle the other night it’s maybe worth noting that Accrington Stanley (who are they?) beat Marseille tonight.

Shows what a state French football is in 😂

bigwheel
11-07-2019, 08:16 PM
For those that were getting overly worried when we were getting beat off Carlisle the other night it’s maybe worth noting that Accrington Stanley (who are they?) beat Marseille tonight.

Exactly ;-)

hfc rd
11-07-2019, 10:49 PM

Marseille.net will be in meltdown right now :D

Smartie
11-07-2019, 10:54 PM

I love the bonkerness of the Marseille fans but I fear for what a defeat to Accrington Stanley might do to them.

Surely they'll have plenty of poisson et fromage puns to keep them sane?

BILLYHIBS
11-07-2019, 10:56 PM

Yeah the Manager was only appointed 28/5/19

I bet someone is asking for his head 😁