PDA

View Full Version : Tickets *****Kicks for Kids Season Ticket Fundraiser 2019-20*****

FranckSuzy
08-07-2019, 11:05 AM
For those who don't know, Leith Links was formed in 2013 to collect donations so Kicks for Kids season tickets (KfK STs) could be purchased and allocated to children's groups and clubs. Since then, £72,000 has been donated by our wonderful support and 912 KfK STs have been purchased meaning many more children - who wouldn't normally be able to go to games - have attended Easter Road and joined our family :thumbsup:

It's now time for the upcoming season's fundraiser and if you would like to contribute - and no matter how small the donation is - it will be gratefully received. Payment can be made on a one-off basis by PayPal (leithlinks@live.co.uk), bank transfer, cheque or if you are able, by monthly Standing Order or Direct Debit. For example, £6.25 per month will purchase one Kicks for Kids season ticket outright but any amount is welcome.

Please PM me or email leithlinks@live.co.uk (leithlinks@live.co.uk) for more details and contributors can also nominate specific *groups who they think would benefit from tickets and Hibs will contact them.

There are many people I would like to thank for their support as this wonderful story would be nothing without our fans, including those who have donated already:

All the fans who donate by either Direct Debit/Standing Order or make one-off payments (donations from 22 people equal £230 per month currently)
St. Patrick's branch of the Hibernian Supporters Association
Milton Mowbray branch of the Hibernian Supporters Association
Watermans Legal

Also, to everyone who has provided assistance, financial backing or words of encouragement - I am extremely grateful. Thanks to everyone on hibs.net also for allowing the fundraisers, (plus these threads :wink:) and for continually backing the cause :not worthy: GGTTH.

**************************So far, £2,935 has been donated which equals 39 tickets :aok:***************************

After a meeting with Hibs last year, I was advised that there would be be a limit on the number of KfK STs that can be purchased and therefore, we are aiming for a maximum of 150 tickets. If additional funds are received, the donations could be used for next year's fundraiser/one-off match tickets or items from the Hibs shop but I will keep everyone updated of how near (or far!) we are from that number and take it from there.
(https://leithlinks4kids.com/social-media/feedback/)

*Thank you letters from the charities and groups who have previously received KfK tickets can be found here: https://leithlinks4kids.com/social-media/feedback/

duffers
08-07-2019, 11:19 AM
Sorry to sabotage the thread, but I often wonder why hibs don’t do category B season tickets, which would entitle people to buy a season ticket in the south stand for all games with the exception of Hearts, The Rangers, and Celtic. This would mean that in the event that more than 150 KFK season tickets were sold, Cat B season tickets could be bought to get more kids along to Easter road which as a result would get more money into the club.

FranckSuzy
08-07-2019, 11:23 AM
Sorry to sabotage the thread, but I often wonder why hibs don’t do category B season tickets, which would entitle people to buy a season ticket in the south stand for all games with the exception of Hearts, The Rangers, and Celtic. This would mean that in the event that more than 150 KFK season tickets were sold, Cat B season tickets could be bought to get more kids along to Easter road which as a result would get more money into the club.

Completely agree and I suggested as much when the limit was set. Hopefully the decision can be revisited, what with the new owner now being in place :greengrin

Mikey
08-07-2019, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure where these seats are situated, but can some of the empty seats in the FF Lower be taken up by them?

Billy Whizz
08-07-2019, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure where these seats are situated, but can some of the empty seats in the FF Lower be taken up by them?

Think their now in the East, Mikey

Mikey
08-07-2019, 11:31 AM
Think their now in the East, Mikey

I think you're right, but sticking the kids in the kids section does make some sense :greengrin

Particularly as they're going to have more activities in the FF Lower now.

Monts
08-07-2019, 11:57 AM
How are the season tickets allocated? Do they go to the kids club and those kids who want a ticket for a certain game have access, or does the ticket belong to the individual kids?

FranckSuzy
08-07-2019, 12:51 PM
How are the season tickets allocated? Do they go to the kids club and those kids who want a ticket for a certain game have access, or does the ticket belong to the individual kids?

The tickets are allocated to children's clubs and groups then they decide who gets to go to the games. It could be the same child every time, if for instance there's no other Hibs/football fans there, but generally they are allocated on a rota basis :aok:

FranckSuzy
08-07-2019, 03:37 PM
£250 donated since lunchtime 💚

Iggy Pope
08-07-2019, 03:44 PM
I think you're right, but sticking the kids in the kids section does make some sense :greengrin

Particularly as they're going to have more activities in the FF Lower now.

And particularly as the club have emptied lots of regular OAPs out of the FF lower in the interest of making it exclusively a ‘family stand’.

FranckSuzy
08-07-2019, 03:55 PM
Make that £700 now 👏💚

FranckSuzy
08-07-2019, 07:17 PM
£775 💚

FranckSuzy
08-07-2019, 08:52 PM
£1,275 😯💚

Gmack7
09-07-2019, 05:37 AM
Great effort folks 👍

FranckSuzy
10-07-2019, 09:22 PM
£1,400 now donated since Monday :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
13-07-2019, 10:42 AM
£1,600 now donated 👏💚

CMurdoch
19-07-2019, 01:06 AM
Bump

FranckSuzy
19-07-2019, 09:39 PM
£1,700 now donated :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
23-07-2019, 09:13 PM
66 Kicks for Kids STs will be purchased next week :thumbsup:

Ringothedog
24-07-2019, 09:24 PM
66 Kicks for Kids STs will be purchased next week :thumbsup:

Which part of the ground are they being purchased for?

brog
25-07-2019, 01:02 PM
Suzy, your inbox is full. I've just donated & sent you a PM. Wonderful work!!!

FranckSuzy
25-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Suzy, your inbox is full. I've just donated & sent you a PM. Wonderful work!!!

Cleared now :thumbsup:

Donation received - many thanks :aok:

FranckSuzy
25-07-2019, 01:29 PM
Which part of the ground are they being purchased for?

Waiting on Hibs confirming. It was previously the East but they could now be for the FF :aok:

FranckSuzy
25-07-2019, 01:54 PM
:7: - :0: KfK STs purchased this afternoon :thumbsup:

Mikey
25-07-2019, 01:57 PM
Waiting on Hibs confirming. It was previously the East but they could now be for the FF :aok:

Excellent. That would help fill the seats in that area and frees up East Stand seats for the big games.

Blaster
27-07-2019, 07:19 PM
:7: - :0: KfK STs purchased this afternoon :thumbsup:

Was is FF lower?

HibbyAndy
27-07-2019, 07:26 PM
Hibs class

FranckSuzy
27-07-2019, 08:56 PM
Was is FF lower?

No idea yet, sorry. I purchased the tickets and Hibs will allocate them :aok:

brog
28-07-2019, 04:05 PM
Cleared now :thumbsup:

Donation received - many thanks :aok:

Thanks Suzy, very happy to have helped make it to 7 0!!!

FranckSuzy
29-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Thanks Suzy, very happy to have helped make it to 7 0!!!

:not worth

Looking to purchase the majority of tickets before Saturday so any more for any more? :wink: :greengrin

FranckSuzy
02-08-2019, 05:20 PM
I was forwarded on this email from Sue at Hibs today, from one of the groups receiving KfK STs :thumbsup:

"Hi Sue

This is magic news and thank you so much for the kind offer. The tickets were well received by the young people in the area for last season and I am sure it will be the same this season.

Once again a big thanks from the kids and ourselves at KITS (Kids In The Street).

Regards

Kev"

TrinityHibs
02-08-2019, 05:50 PM
I was forwarded on this email from Sue at Hibs today, from one of the groups receiving KfK STs :thumbsup:

"Hi Sue

This is magic news and thank you so much for the kind offer. The tickets were well received by the young people in the area for last season and I am sure it will be the same this season.

Once again a big thanks from the kids and ourselves at KITS (Kids In The Street).

Regards

Kev"

I love these messages:flag:

FranckSuzy
03-08-2019, 03:30 AM
"DadsWork are delighted to be donated 6 Ladbrokes Premiership Season Tickets for all Hibs home games from Leith Links and Hibs to which we are grateful as a charity to allow our families to opportunity to attend football games. Thank you again everyone who made this possible again for the families of DadsWork".

FranckSuzy
05-08-2019, 10:49 AM
4 more KfK STs to be purchased today :thumbsup:

Gmack7
05-08-2019, 11:06 AM
sorry if i missed it but where are the tickets for, FF Lower?, great work again 👍

FranckSuzy
05-08-2019, 12:17 PM
sorry if i missed it but where are the tickets for, FF Lower?, great work again 👍

Not entirely sure, TBH :greengrin

Will find out though and let you know :aok:

FranckSuzy
06-08-2019, 05:30 PM
Another message was passed on from Hibs today, this time from Pilton Youth & Children's Project :thumbsup:

"Thank you so much Sue – this is great news! The kids loved the game on Saturday so we are looking forward to this season.

Thanks again for choosing us – really appreciate it".

FranckSuzy
19-08-2019, 10:57 AM
Another 5 Kicks for Kids STs were purchased today, taking us up to 79 :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
30-08-2019, 06:14 PM
Since 2013, 990 Kicks for Kids season tickets have been purchased which means over £74,000 for Hibs :not worth

Thanks to everyone who has donated and to read about the impact this has had on the children receiving tickets, please see here:

https://leithlinks4kids.com/social-media/feedback/

Future17
29-03-2020, 09:46 AM
Does anyone know whether there have been any discussions around Kicks for Kids for the forthcoming season (whenever that might be)?

FranckSuzy
29-03-2020, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know whether there have been any discussions around Kicks for Kids for the forthcoming season (whenever that might be)?

PM sent and inbox cleared :aok:

Sorry for the lack of updates recently - working on a COVID-19 ward so a wee bit busy..... Stay safe everyone :pray:

Jay
29-03-2020, 03:59 PM

Sorry for the lack of updates recently - working on a COVID-19 ward so a wee bit busy..... Stay safe everyone :pray:

Was just thinking about you today Suzy knowing where you work and realised you've not been online. Stay healthy and sane!

Bostonhibby
29-03-2020, 04:33 PM

Sorry for the lack of updates recently - working on a COVID-19 ward so a wee bit busy..... Stay safe everyone :pray:Take care Susan[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
29-03-2020, 06:45 PM
Was just thinking about you today Suzy knowing where you work and realised you've not been online. Stay healthy and sane!

Take care Susan[emoji106]

Thanks J and K!

Hopefully the PPE being provided is sufficient.....?!

Scouse Hibee
29-03-2020, 06:51 PM

Stay safe yourself Susan, you're all doing a great job.

Gerard
29-03-2020, 10:31 PM

Stay safe.Good luck
Gerard

Future17
30-03-2020, 11:25 AM

Hey, thanks for getting back to me, but it still won't let me PM you.

I just read an article about your Joe Newell phone call (as well as your response on here) so totally understand you have other priorities right now!

If you need any help at all on the KfK front, I'd be more than happy to do what I can.

Stay safe!

FranckSuzy
30-03-2020, 12:11 PM
Hey, thanks for getting back to me, but it still won't let me PM you.

I just read an article about your Joe Newell phone call (as well as your response on here) so totally understand you have other priorities right now!

If you need any help at all on the KfK front, I'd be more than happy to do what I can.

Stay safe!

Sorry about that, I just noticed you'd tried again.

Thanks very much and I'll be in touch if/when things get back to normal! :aok:

Future17
30-03-2020, 10:27 PM
Sorry about that, I just noticed you'd tried again.

Thanks very much and I'll be in touch if/when things get back to normal! :aok:

Great, cheers! :aok:

FranckSuzy
31-03-2020, 07:18 PM
I've sent out an email tonight, to our loyal fans who donate via GoCardless, advising that I have paused your payments to help in these uncertain times we face. A number have kindly replied that they are happy to continue and I thank them for that :thumbsup:

For those who have set up a standing order, please note you will have to action this at your end :aok:

Since 2013, we have raised over £75,000 and purchased 990 KfK STs - a small ray of light at this scary time :agree:

Bostonhibby
31-03-2020, 07:27 PM
I've sent out an email tonight, to our loyal fans who donate via GoCardless, advising that I have paused your payments to help in these uncertain times we face. A number have kindly replied that they are happy to continue and I thank them for that [emoji106]

For those who have set up a standing order, please note you will have to action this at your end :aok:

Since 2013, we have raised over £75,000 and purchased 990 KfK STs - a small ray of light at this scary time :agree:[emoji106]

Will be in touch.

Take care.

Gerard
31-03-2020, 10:24 PM
[emoji106]

Will be in touch.

Take care.

Susan you are doing good work that benefits many people
Keep safe on your day job where you save lives
Gerard

jacomo
20-04-2020, 09:20 PM
Modest contribution made tonight.

To support the great work you do and the wider ST campaign... dreaming of a full Easter Road again some day.

FranckSuzy
20-04-2020, 09:32 PM
Modest contribution made tonight.

To support the great work you do and the wider ST campaign... dreaming of a full Easter Road again some day.

Received, many thanks :thumbsup: :pray:

FranckSuzy
23-04-2020, 05:20 PM
I received this lovely email from The Ripple Project today :thumbsup:

"Hi,

I am just emailing firstly to say hope you are all safe and well.

I am just emailing on behave of The Ripple Project to say a massive thank you for our kicks for kids tickets for Hibernian F.C. season 2019-2020, they have been massively popular with our young people and families and provided great opportunities for young people who haven’t ever been to a match the opportunity to go, as well as a day out for many families and just quality time together for family and friends so thank you very much for this wonderful opportunity.

*I have attached some feedback comments from our young people and families for each match and also a wee copy of an article that went into our local newspaper (The Speaker) back in September 2019 after one of our young people was given the fantastic opportunity to be the match mascot for the first game of the season and I can safely say he still talks about it, so it’s definitely made a lasting memory.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Danielle Ward
Youth Service Manager
The Ripple Project"

*I am still trying to work out how to post these :greengrin

jacomo
23-04-2020, 05:38 PM
Great stuff!

007 Mickey Weir
23-04-2020, 08:06 PM
I received this lovely email from The Ripple Project today :thumbsup:

"Hi,

I am just emailing firstly to say hope you are all safe and well.

I am just emailing on behave of The Ripple Project to say a massive thank you for our kicks for kids tickets for Hibernian F.C. season 2019-2020, they have been massively popular with our young people and families and provided great opportunities for young people who haven’t ever been to a match the opportunity to go, as well as a day out for many families and just quality time together for family and friends so thank you very much for this wonderful opportunity.

*I have attached some feedback comments from our young people and families for each match and also a wee copy of an article that went into our local newspaper (The Speaker) back in September 2019 after one of our young people was given the fantastic opportunity to be the match mascot for the first game of the season and I can safely say he still talks about it, so it’s definitely made a lasting memory.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Danielle Ward
Youth Service Manager
The Ripple Project"

*I am still trying to work out how to post these :greengrin

Brilliant

FranckSuzy
24-04-2020, 02:42 AM
A donation of £500 was received yesterday from a very generous - and well known - fan! Thank you :thumbsup:

murray26
24-04-2020, 06:35 AM
A donation of £500 was received yesterday from a very generous - and well known - fan! Thank you :thumbsup:

Who was it..? 😊

Keith_M
24-04-2020, 07:01 AM
Who was it..? 😊

I wanted to remain anonymous...

Only kiddin, I'm a tight fisted git

:wink:

ronaldo7
27-04-2020, 08:16 PM
Donation made from a winning bet Suzy. :aok:

FranckSuzy
27-04-2020, 08:42 PM
Donation made from a winning bet Suzy. :aok:
Thanks very much, R :thumbsup:

FifeHibs
31-05-2020, 04:08 PM
Is it possible to send over money for 2 tickets for the kicks for kids?

FranckSuzy
01-06-2020, 07:37 PM
Is it possible to send over money for 2 tickets for the kicks for kids?

Absolutely :thumbsup: Please just advise which payment method suits you best and I will give you the details. Thank you :aok: