PDA

View Full Version : Which Stand should be the STF Stand (if any)

Caversham Green
07-07-2019, 09:58 AM
Following the discussion on the other thread he re's a poll. If we name a stand after Sir Tom Should it be:

The North Stand because the extra trimmings were apparently put in at STF's behest.
The West Stand because it's the main stand and the posh one.
The East Stand because it was the final piece of the infrastructure jigsaw.
The South Stand because it's the away stand and ..er..Sir Tom's away now.

Or should we not name a stand after him at all because he's been milking the club for years and only a few people noticed.

I've made the poll public so we can weed out any Duncans trying to skew it.

Keith_M
07-07-2019, 10:02 AM
Definitely the West Stand.

badabing67
07-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Definitely the West Stand.

I agree. The West Stand should be the STF Stand.

DarlingtonHibee
07-07-2019, 10:20 AM
I agree. The West Stand should be the STF Stand.

Either for me, just think the east, because he can see it from the west.

jacomo
07-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Either for me, just think the east, because he can see it from the west.

Put a sign above the entrance to the West Stand and he’d see it every time he came to ER.

DarlingtonHibee
07-07-2019, 10:24 AM
Put a sign above the entrance to the West Stand and he’d see it every time he came to ER.

Agree mate

GoalsMcGinley
07-07-2019, 10:30 AM
West Stand - Sir Tom Farmer Stand
Easy Stand - The 90+2 Stand

Job done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
07-07-2019, 10:36 AM
West Stand

Hibbyradge
07-07-2019, 10:37 AM
The West stand would be the most appropriate as it's where he would sit.

However, he may not be comfortable with the idea.

Caversham Green
07-07-2019, 10:43 AM
Just a point that should be obvious but may not be - don't take the reasons I've given too seriously. If you think there shouldn't be a stand named after for reasons like Hibbyradge has just given or if you just don't like the idea you should vote accordingly. Best to post your reasons though.

Personally I think the East or West for the reasons I've given and the West just edges it for me.

HiBremian
07-07-2019, 10:59 AM
West for me.

With catering serving Farmers' Pies, recipe ©Ron Gordon :greengrin

AltheHibby
07-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Okay, thick user here (not Duncan thick). I can't vote, so can someone please explain to me how to do it?

Thanks.

MB62
07-07-2019, 11:08 AM
The West stand would be the most appropriate as it's where he would sit.

However, he may not be comfortable with the idea.

West for me too, although I doubt he will ever sit in any stand again, reckon his days at Easter Road are gone and he can do without any visists to ER.

The 90+2
07-07-2019, 11:11 AM
West Stand - Sir Tom Farmer Stand
Easy Stand - The 90+2 Stand

Job done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seconded :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
07-07-2019, 11:12 AM
Seconded :greengrin

You are welcome to the easy stand 😂

1875STEVE
07-07-2019, 11:15 AM
The East for me, he sits in the West, so if it's along the top of the stand he would see it.

"The North"

That will be the Famous Five, no danger changing that!!

jax67
07-07-2019, 11:27 AM

I like this idea.👍

Spike Mandela
07-07-2019, 11:30 AM
I say hang on five years and name the stand after Ron J Gordon when we win the Champions League.:cb

Sir David Gray
07-07-2019, 11:33 AM
Okay, thick user here (not Duncan thick). I can't vote, so can someone please explain to me how to do it?

Thanks.

If you're on your phone you'll need to change the format to the desktop version as you can't vote on the mobile version of the site.

The 90+2
07-07-2019, 11:35 AM
You are welcome to the easy stand 😂

I’ll take what I can get mate 😁

Solonleith1
07-07-2019, 11:39 AM
Definitely the west. That's where he has been when we play and should always be a home as such.

H18S NX
07-07-2019, 11:44 AM
West,main stand for the main man.

livi hibs 1875
07-07-2019, 11:48 AM
West for me

Itsnoteasy
07-07-2019, 11:51 AM

He wasn't that interested in football when the owner.

I can't see him there very often if at all.

I would say there are a few ahead of him to have a stand named after them.

Pat Stanton for one would be ahead in the queue.

iwasthere1972
07-07-2019, 12:09 PM
I suppose if any it would be the West Stand. Don't know why the North Stand (the Famous Five) is included in the poll and has more so even had a vote. :confused:

hfc rd
07-07-2019, 12:13 PM
West stand.

Bangkok Hibby
07-07-2019, 12:21 PM
Undoubtedly the West. The North has it's name and should never be changed.

Hibby70
07-07-2019, 12:53 PM
West - Sir Tom Farmer Stand
North - Famous Five Stand
East - Pat Stanton Stand
South - Albert Kidd Stand

Keith_M
07-07-2019, 01:59 PM
I suppose if any it would be the West Stand. Don't know why the North Stand (the Famous Five) is included in the poll and has more so even had a vote. :confused:

Because everyone's entitled to their opinion...no matter how stupid it is.

:-)

Hibernia&Alba
07-07-2019, 02:34 PM
West - Sir Tom Farmer Stand
North - Famous Five Stand
East - Pat Stanton Stand
South - Albert Kidd Stand

:hilarious

Imagine that lot seeing that each time they visit.

Definitely the West for Tom Farmer.

AltheHibby
07-07-2019, 02:46 PM
If you're on your phone you'll need to change the format to the desktop version as you can't vote on the mobile version of the site.

Thanks.

Hibbyradge
07-07-2019, 02:55 PM
I say hang on five years and name the stand after Ron J Gordon when we win the Champions League.:cb

If we did that, I'd be happy to name the stadium after him! :greengrin

A Hi-Bee
07-07-2019, 05:34 PM
West stand for sure, we can name the stadium for millions so naming the stands should be no problem and well deserved, I would suggest naming the Dunbar end stand the Pat Stanton stand just to wind the away support up.
East Stand would be named "The Time for Heroes" Stand.

07-07-2019, 07:54 PM
There you go Allan Preston, so far only 1 out of 104 Hibs fans don't want a stand named after STF. Well done "Biscuits", finger on the pulse.

Scouse Hibee
07-07-2019, 10:26 PM
He wasn't that interested in football when the owner.

I can't see him there very often if at all.

I would say there are a few ahead of him to have a stand named after them.

Pat Stanton for one would be ahead in the queue.

He was at Easter road regularly so I think he was.

FilipinoHibs
08-07-2019, 06:48 AM
There you go Allan Preston, so far only 1 out of 104 Hibs fans don't want a stand named after STF. Well done "Biscuits", finger on the pulse.

The West Stand - The Tom Farmer Stand. No need for the sir nonsense.

Since452
08-07-2019, 06:56 AM
The West Stand - The Tom Farmer Stand. No need for the sir nonsense.

Disagree. His title is well deserved and should be part of any tribute to him

HibbyDave
08-07-2019, 07:03 AM
Whichever stand we choose is fine by me. Will the gates have a “Rod Petrie Padlock”?

rodhibs55
08-07-2019, 07:36 AM
The west stand

FilipinoHibs
08-07-2019, 07:41 AM
Disagree. His title is well deserved and should be part of any tribute to him

It us a meaning less title because at least half are handed out through cronyism and most of the people who deserve iit don't get it.

Since452
08-07-2019, 07:47 AM
It us a meaning less title because at least half are handed out through cronyism and most of the people who deserve iit don't get it.

Sir is appropriate if only for what he did for us

The 90+2
08-07-2019, 08:17 AM

If it isn’t meaningless to him then Sir Tom gets his title.

FilipinoHibs
08-07-2019, 08:39 AM
Sir is appropriate if only for what he did for us

Maybe Saint then😀

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2019, 09:23 AM

That’s your personal opinion, however whether you like it or not it is his title and how he should be recognised if a stand were to be named after him.

BegbieHSC
08-07-2019, 09:29 AM
Make the South the Rod Petrie stand.

The seethe from ragin huns/Celtic fans who both think he’s conspiring against them, every time they come to Easter Road, and sit in the stand would be magnificent.

FilipinoHibs
08-07-2019, 09:29 AM
That’s your personal opinion, however whether you like it or not it is his title and how he should be recognised if a stand were to be named after him.

Maybe he is more modest and Tom Farmer fits the man better.

The 90+2
08-07-2019, 09:31 AM
Make the South the Rod Petrie stand.

The seethe from ragin huns/Celtic fans who both think he’s conspiring against them, every time they come to Easter Road would be magnificent.

Hibernian FC would like to remind supporters in the Rod Petrie stand to refrain from over exuberance at all times inside the ground.

BILLYHIBS
08-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Maybe he is more modest and Tom Farmer fits the man better.

Sorry it’s a Sir Tom Farmer from me! 😁

MB62
08-07-2019, 10:20 AM
Sorry it’s a Sir Tom Farmer from me! 😁

Not long after he accepted this prefix to his name from the queen of England, he said, He has always been known as TOM and always wants to be known as TOM. not Sir or even Mr Farmer, just TOM. Given the fact he said that, I am surprised he accepted the title in the first place, but everyone to their own.
Not unhappy for a stand to be named after him, not really bothered one way or the other really, and on any of the 3 remaining stands still to be named.

BILLYHIBS
08-07-2019, 10:27 AM
Not long after he accepted this prefix to his name from the queen of England, he said, He has always been known as TOM and always wants to be known as TOM. not Sir or even Mr Farmer, just TOM. Given the fact he said that, I am surprised he accepted the title in the first place, but everyone to their own.
Not unhappy for a stand to be named after him, not really bothered one way or the other really, and on any of the 3 remaining stands still to be named.

I was aware of that fact but like it or not through his work with HIBS the local community and the Catholic Church he has deservedly earned the title

I agree he is a modest humble man and would prefer to be addressed as Tom or Mr Farmer but it is what it is.

PapillonVert
08-07-2019, 11:27 AM
Following the discussion on the other thread he re's a poll. If we name a stand after Sir Tom Should it be:

The North Stand because the extra trimmings were apparently put in at STF's behest.
The West Stand because it's the main stand and the posh one.
The East Stand because it was the final piece of the infrastructure jigsaw.
The South Stand because it's the away stand and ..er..Sir Tom's away now.

Is the North Stand not already known as The Famous Five Stand?

I would go for the West myself. Probably because that's where I have my season ticket. Not biased or anything...….

Bangkok Hibby
08-07-2019, 12:06 PM
I was aware of that fact but like it or not through his work with HIBS the local community and the Catholic Church he has deservedly earned the title

I agree he is a modest humble man and would prefer to be addressed as Tom or Mr Farmer but it is what it is.

Plain old Tom Farmer saved Hibs. The title came years later for services to the automotive industry. I'm sure if this was to happen he'd be happier with "The Tom Farmer stand"

Caversham Green
08-07-2019, 01:10 PM
Is the North Stand not already known as The Famous Five Stand?

I would go for the West myself. Probably because that's where I have my season ticket. Not biased or anything...….

Yes, it is but I thought I'd try to keep them all on the same basis - hence the West rather than Main Stand as well. I actually thought about leaving the two end stands out of the vote because the North is already the FF and I can't think of a good reason for the South being named for Sir Tom but I decided to put them in for completeness.

BILLYHIBS
08-07-2019, 01:33 PM
Plain old Tom Farmer saved Hibs. The title came years later for services to the automotive industry. I'm sure if this was to happen he'd be happier with "The Tom Farmer stand"
Agree with all that. I am happy with the West. I am happy with the Tom Farmer Stand but I have a sneaky feeling that if and when it does come pass it will be the Sir Tom Farmer Stand similar to the Sir Alex Ferguson Stand down at ManUtd. I might be wrong happy with either or but feel the West should be a goer 😁