PDA

View Full Version : FAO Allan Preston

Frazerbob
06-07-2019, 01:54 PM
Stop listening to the slaverings of your pal Kano and spouting yer pish on national radio. A quick look in here will show you exactly what the fans think of Sir Tom and the idea of naming a stand after him. Clown!

Greencore
06-07-2019, 02:08 PM
Stop listening to the slaverings of your pal Kano and spouting yer pish on national radio. A quick look in here will show you exactly what the fans think of Sir Tom and the idea of naming a stand after him. Clown!
What did he say?

May21/05/16
06-07-2019, 02:12 PM
The mans a fud I for one will always be grateful to tom farmer as a fan who went through the takeover of hibs for saving our club and I would name the stadium after the man

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Since452
06-07-2019, 02:14 PM
Allan Preston isn't a Hibs fan so his opinion on Sir Tom Farmer are irrelevant

The Harp
06-07-2019, 02:16 PM
I heard his rambling on radio Scotland just now too. He even mentioned Ann Budge in his drivel. What the hell has she got to do with a feature on Ron Gordon's acquisition of Hibs?
He stated that he didn't think Hibs fans would be in favour of a stand being named after Sir Tom because he hardly ever went to the games. I wouldn't know how regularly Sir Tom attends/ed ER, as I'm in the FF, but to suggest there's no desire by the fans to have a stand named after Sir Tom is nonsense.

Frazerbob
06-07-2019, 02:35 PM
What did he say?

That the Hibs fans would not want to name a stand after STF. He came to this conclusion because his Hibby pals didn’t take to him because he didn’t attend every week.

Spike Mandela
06-07-2019, 02:36 PM
Radio Scotland either by accident or design managed to have a panel discussing the Hibs takeover of Alan Preston, Peter Houston, Gary Naysmith and Billy Dodds. All entitled to their opinion but not exactly views that Hibs supporters are really interested in hearing.

Frazerbob
06-07-2019, 02:36 PM

However it is an issue when he’s telling the rest of the country a load of bullocks and attributing the Hibs support.

Scottie
06-07-2019, 02:37 PM
Blokes a slavering bell end best ignored

Pedantic_Hibee
06-07-2019, 02:38 PM
The man is a helmet who is best ignored.

Bostonhibby
06-07-2019, 02:40 PM
That the Hibs fans would not want to name a stand after STF. He came to this conclusion because his Hibby pals didn’t take to him because he didn’t attend every week.Romanov went to quite a few hearts games so following his thinking through they should really name their new stand after him, when it's finished obviously.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Crunchie
06-07-2019, 02:42 PM

I personally can't stand the man, he makes Chick Young sound intelligent. I wish I had a pound for every time I've heard him say I REALLY DO after a sentence.

Another pundit who thinks he's in the know but hasn't been for years.

weecounty hibby
06-07-2019, 02:43 PM
Radio Scotland either by accident or design managed to have a panel discussing the Hibs takeover of Alan Preston, Peter Houston, Gary Naysmith and Billy Dodds. All entitled to their opinion but not exactly views that Hibs supporters are really interested in hearing.

Never heard it, so they were discussing Hibs with three Jambos and a Hun, and none of which will actually have any clue about the takeover but will pretend that they did. Radio Scotland is a joke when it comes to Hibs, I suppose it could have been worse, at least they didn't have Kano and Pia on.

angus hibby
06-07-2019, 02:47 PM
“Pundits” on that show don’t like Hibs so no surprise with his comments. Michael Stewart is the only one who talks any sense, the rest are a joke. Jobs for the boys, feel sorry for any genuine sports journalist who won’t get a look in on these shows.

Col2
06-07-2019, 02:53 PM
To be fair to Radio Scotland they spent about 30 min on Hibs. Down side was 3 Jambos (Preston, Houston, G Naismith) in the studio and a hun (Billy Dodds).

Houston was the most positive but Preston reserved judgement and said it’s a watching brief. GIRUY.

Claimed Budge was far more popular that STF because she was visible. Not sure every jambo would agree with that.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2019, 02:54 PM
To be fair to Radio Scotland they spent about 30 min on Hibs. Down side was 3 Jambos (Preston, Houston, G Naismith) in the studio and a hun (Billy Dodds).

Houston was the most positive but Preston reserved judgement and said it’s a watching brief. GIRUY.

Claimed Budge was far more popular that STF because she was visible. Not sure every jambo would agree with that.

Well I hope Hibs don’t use the agency he works for, for new players

Golden Bear
06-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Well I hope Hibs don’t use the agency he works for, for new players

There has got to be a conflict of interests when Agents are also employed as pundits in the Media. It's been said often enough but to no avail, the powers at be must think it's ok.

Greencore
06-07-2019, 03:11 PM
That the Hibs fans would not want to name a stand after STF. He came to this conclusion because his Hibby pals didn’t take to him because he didn’t attend every week.
Tit.

HibbySpurs
06-07-2019, 03:14 PM
Tit.

No he’s not... a tit is a useful thing....

oneone73
06-07-2019, 03:15 PM
Houston's a Celtc fan, isn't he?

HoboHarry
06-07-2019, 03:18 PM
No he’s not... a tit is a useful thing....

Not to mention attractive looking....

CraigHibee
06-07-2019, 03:21 PM

Preston is irrelevant full stop, fat jambo roaster

HFC93
06-07-2019, 04:46 PM
Dodds, Naismith, and Houston were fair. However, Preston came out with his usual nonsense, claiming that the majority of fans would be opposed to naming a stand after Sir Tom. Annoyingly his views on Hibs are unchallenged on Sportsound.

ahibby
06-07-2019, 04:47 PM
Preston is irrelevant full stop, fat jambo roaster

Agree. I would definitely like to see a stand named after STF. Even though he jumped the queue in front of me for a pie. You would have thought he owned the place😁

judas
06-07-2019, 04:48 PM
I know Kano is a huge fan of Hibs and he always gave 100% for the club and that deserves recognition and credit.

That said, I have heard him on the Radio talking Hibs on two occasions and it was really embarrassing. He came across as a moron tbh. It really annoys me that he appears to present his views to the welt Preston who then feeds it into the media.

When are people going to understand these two things: Preston is a welt with an unmistakable anti Hibs agenda and regarding Kano; being a great servant to the club does not automatically make you a good spokesperson for it.

malcolm
06-07-2019, 04:55 PM
I think he is wrong about a groundswell to name a Sir T stand and I expect there’d be even more interest in naming the toilets the Craig bowls and the Gary and Allan urinals with appropriate picture targets :greengrin

Since452
06-07-2019, 04:56 PM
I know Kano is a huge fan of Hibs and he always gave 100% for the club and that deserves recognition and credit.

That said, I have heard him on the Radio talking Hibs on two occasions and it was really embarrassing. He came across as a moron tbh. It really annoys me that he appears to present his views to the welt Preston who then feeds it into the media.

When are people going to understand these two things: Preston is a welt with an unmistakable anti Hibs agenda and regarding Kano; being a great servant to the club does not automatically make you a good spokesperson for it.

I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the box tbh

EI255
The twat shouldn't be anywhere near national radio as he has no brain cells. Honestly, what school did this thicko attend?

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Budge and co so popular they're having to move the directors' box.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-relocate-directors-box-within-16409463

ACLeith
06-07-2019, 05:20 PM
The twat shouldn't be anywhere near national radio as he has no brain cells. Honestly, what school did this thicko attend?

Leith Academy

Vini1875
06-07-2019, 05:33 PM
I don't want to defend preston, but Hibs.net accounts for a minority of Hibs fans and not a representative minority at that. I have no idea how the majority of Hibs fans think regarding Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie, but I would guess that views would be very mixed. There are guys who detest them, guys who are ambivalent and guys who have respect for them, I don't know any who love them.

I do think that naming a stand the Sir Tom Farmer would be met with very little protest. The "Sir" sticks in my throat a bit, but not enough to protest.

JimBHibees
06-07-2019, 05:35 PM

Gary Naismith seems a decent guy.

JimBHibees
06-07-2019, 05:36 PM
Never heard it, so they were discussing Hibs with three Jambos and a Hun, and none of which will actually have any clue about the takeover but will pretend that they did. Radio Scotland is a joke when it comes to Hibs, I suppose it could have been worse, at least they didn't have Kano and Pia on.

2 Huns Preston is a pretend yam but a rangers fan.

The 90+2
06-07-2019, 05:38 PM
Gary Naismith seems a decent guy.

For a boyhood hun who now supports hearts.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Preston on just after 11 mins, Hecky on 1st
Said the new ownership was positive for Hibs

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/scottish-football/id129625085#episodeGuid=urn%3Abbc%3Apodcast%3Ap07g 72wt

lord bunberry
06-07-2019, 05:41 PM
The **** is a bigger arse than forty bums.

I don't want to defend preston, but Hibs.net accounts for a minority of Hibs fans and not a representative minority at that. I have no idea how the majority of Hibs fans think regarding Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie, but I would guess that views would be very mixed. There are guys who detest them, guys who are ambivalent and guys who have respect for them, I don't know any who love them.

I do think that naming a stand the Sir Tom Farmer would be met with very little protest. The "Sir" sticks in my throat a bit, but not enough to protest.

Hibs.Net is much more of a representation of Hibs fans than Preston and his pals' are.

JimBHibees
For a boyhood hun who now supports hearts.

Don't care what team he supported or played for just seems decent every time he has been on the radio.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-07-2019, 05:42 PM

Sums it up for me

Best ignore BBC

They hate us

The 90+2
06-07-2019, 05:43 PM
Don't care what team he supported or played for just seems decent every time he has been on the radio.

Yeah I agree, for a.... :greengrin

Frazerbob
06-07-2019, 05:48 PM

Who mentioned Petrie?

Greenbeard
06-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Not to mention attractive looking....
Depends who on. Presume you are nowhere near bus pass age!

Iggy Pope
06-07-2019, 05:54 PM

Oh dear.

NAE NOOKIE
06-07-2019, 06:34 PM

I'm always a wee bit confused by the folk who say Hibs.Net isn't representative of how or what Hibs fans are thinking, measured against what exactly? Because as far as I can see there isn't anywhere comparable where the opinions and attitudes of Hibs fans can be measured against what happens on here, with the possible exception of the bounce, which AFAIK has far far fewer members, and facebook which we all know is fairly well populated by nut jobs half of whom you wonder why they support Hibs at all.

In view of that I would suggest Hibs.Net is a pretty decent barometer of how Hibs fans are feeling … not all of them for sure, but national political opinion polls are usually reasonably accurate and they often poll far fewer people than the two thousand odd members this forum has to gauge the overall opinions of millions of people.

My guess is that the number of the whole Hibs support worldwide who would object to a stand being named after STF wouldn't make a decent queue at one of Easter Road's pie stalls.

Where I agree with you is the 'Sir' bit …. I'm a massive opponent of all that pish as well, but like you not enough that it would have any bearing on whether or not I would support a Sir Tom Farmer stand.

hibbyfraelibby
06-07-2019, 06:47 PM
That said, I have heard him on the Radio talking Hibs on two occasions and it was really embarrassing. He came across as a moron tbh.

How very perceptive...

dchibs
06-07-2019, 08:37 PM
Leith Academy

Alan Duncan Preston I bet he got bullied at school.

HoboHarry
06-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Depends who on. Presume you are nowhere near bus pass age!

Not there yet but getting there. Disagree with you though, the older and more rickety I get the more grateful I am to be seeing a pair. Any pair......😂

DetroitHibs
06-07-2019, 08:41 PM

Heid flushed doon the lavvy for being a grass

wallpaperman
06-07-2019, 08:44 PM

He didn't. I knew Allan very well at school and he was a decent guy.

Not spoken to him in about 20 years, last time was when he was still playing and he saw me waiting at the bus stop and stopped to give me a lift, just chatted away, no airs and graces.

Part of an excellent school football team that got to the semi finals of the Scottish Cup.

Bostonhibby
06-07-2019, 08:45 PM
Heid flushed doon the lavvy for being a grass[emoji16]

You don't get a face like that without a fair bit of flushing and contact with the contents

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Flanny boy
06-07-2019, 08:55 PM
He didn't. I knew Allan very well at school and he was a decent guy.

Not spoken to him in about 20 years, last time was when he was still playing and he saw me waiting at the bus stop and stopped to give me a lift, just chatted away, no airs and graces

Part of an excellent school football team that got to the semi finals of the Scottish Cup.

I must have been at school with you wallpaper man. Alan never had any time for Hibs but seemed to get even worse when he had his short spell at hertz. GGTTH

wallpaperman
06-07-2019, 09:10 PM
I must have been at school with you wallpaper man. Alan never had any time for Hibs but seemed to get even worse when he had his short spell at hertz. GGTTH

Yes, the just turned age 50 or about to group. :boo hoo:

He was a Rangers fan (more sympathiser, I don't ever remember him talking about going to games, probably because he played multiple games at the weekend). Can't say I remember him having much opinion about Hibs or Hearts for that matter either positive or negative.

Flanny boy
06-07-2019, 09:27 PM
Yes, the just turned age 50 or about to group. :boo hoo:

He was a Rangers fan (more sympathiser, I don't ever remember him talking about going to games, probably because he played multiple games at the weekend). Can't say I remember him having much opinion about Hibs or Hearts for that matter either positive or negative.

Yes same age group I'm afraid. I do remember him wearing a hun scarf to school but as you say i never actually remember him going to any games, he's definitely not Hibs friendly lol

AB Hibby
06-07-2019, 11:52 PM

I think this sums up the relevance of the comments quite accurately.

heretoday
06-07-2019, 11:59 PM
Preston is one of the better pundits on the radio in my opinion. We all know he's Hearts-mad. So what?
At least he's not always trying to make jokes and banter like some others. I'm fed up with that.

tamig
07-07-2019, 01:14 AM
Houston's a Celtc fan, isn't he?

He is indeed - and a big one at that. People seem to tag him with the Jambo label because he served under Potter. I spoke to him at length in Molde and he was very complimentary about Hibs. Loved playing the panto villain when he was in charge at Falkirk.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-07-2019, 03:59 AM

Agreed.

Neither this place,the Facebook group's or any other online groups are at all representative, on anything contentious.

Its just the nature of such forums.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-07-2019, 05:35 AM
Its who enables these muppets that’s the problem - we should be asking who’s the producer/editor and why). Should agents be allowed to spout their opinions on national public radio ? Talking up or down players ?

Tom Hart RIP
07-07-2019, 06:46 AM
I listened to the whole thing and thought AP was very complimentary about the way STF and RP ran Hibs and criticised Vlad’s tenure several times. I disagreed with his opinion on whether Hibs fans would want to name a stand after STF but that was his opinion and he wasn’t trying to be insulting to the fans in any way. Ps I’d support s STF stand

James Stephen
07-07-2019, 06:58 AM
Its who enables these muppets that’s the problem - we should be asking who’s the producer/editor and why). Should agents be allowed to spout their opinions on national public radio ? Talking up or down players ?

Agree with this. I always find it really wrong that guys with an obvious support for a specific team are always given that team to commentate on too - hardly objective is it!!

That being said, a lot the uproar on here seems like that modern phenomenon of people only being interested in having their own opinions mirrored in other people, and get indignant when someone doesn't reflect back what they want to hear. All very 'social media' imo...

Preston is not a good radio pundit imo (hes far too inarticulate, although that counts for a few of them), but I bet he knows more about the goings on in and around football than 99% of us on here.

His opinion on a hibs take over however is of dubious value - its a subject on which he has almost no qualification to speak, and quite why radio Scotland is incapable of changing its roster to suit the topic (and maybe freshening it up a bit) is beyond me. Why not get experts on? Of if they are really interested in the views of hibs fans, get someone from here, the bounce, of the HSA.

Carheenlea
07-07-2019, 07:21 AM
Sportsound and it’s presenter team is stale and long past it’s sell by date. Deleted the podcast app ages ago and don’t miss it.
Be better if they just stuck to commentating on games rather than struggling to fill the airtime seven days a week.

onfire
07-07-2019, 07:23 AM
He doesn’t speak for me. STF HAS DONE A GREAT JOB and it would be a great and justifying tribute to remember him by long into the future.

Since452
07-07-2019, 07:41 AM
He doesn’t speak for me. STF HAS DONE A GREAT JOB and it would be a great and justifying tribute to remember him by long into the future.

Here Here

FilipinoHibs
07-07-2019, 08:12 AM

Done a great job. Saved us from the Yam plot, built a fantastic stadium and training ground. 3 cups including the holy grail. 10 European campaigns. Think of the wonderful moments we have seen and players since 1991. Cleared our debts at no interest and wrote half off. The Tom Farmer West Stand please.

basehibby
07-07-2019, 10:21 AM

I wouldn't want to take over that collection of jakey fuds if you gave them to me - asset strip them immediately and build some student flats on top of them!

Seriously - STF has been an excellent custodian of Hibernian FC. These flakey ******s make about as much sense as a group of demented gibbons on acid - and that's when they're talking about something they are NOT completely ignorant of. File under examples of the dangers of repeated head injuries.

jacomo
07-07-2019, 10:27 AM
Budge and co so popular they're having to move the directors' box.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-relocate-directors-box-within-16409463

I’m sure it’s because she’s embarrassed by the adulation she receives at every home game and she doesn’t like seeking attention.

Preston needs to distinguish between a good owner and one who craves publicity.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-07-2019, 10:40 AM
Budge has to be talked up so that the Romanov debacle goes further into the background. The visibility point is stretching whatever credibility AP has left.

judas
07-07-2019, 05:42 PM
Agreed.

Neither this place,the Facebook group's or any other online groups are at all representative, on anything contentious.

Its just the nature of such forums.

So what you guys are saying is that a fans forum with well over a thousand members isn’t representative of, erm, the fans?

Who is representative of the fans?

judas
07-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Done a great job. Saved us from the Yam plot, built a fantastic stadium and training ground. 3 cups including the holy grail. 10 European campaigns. Think of the wonderful moments we have seen and players since 1991. Cleared our debts at no interest and wrote half off. The Tom Farmer West Stand please.

Beautifully captured.

Is it representative of the fans though? 😂

onfire
08-07-2019, 10:36 PM
Beautifully captured.

Is it representative of the fans though? 😂

That’s it AP opens his big hearts gob on radio Scotland and tarnished STF who hasn’t not done what always said he would. Look after hibs - which he has done, transformed us into a debt free, plush training ground owning, magnificent stadium owning team and sold to what seems a genuine footie fan that has already made a significant investment in us. Not to mention all the good times and of course the CP WIN! I normally like Radio Scotland but it seems they have been lazy here.

Phil MaGlass
09-07-2019, 09:31 PM
I'm always a wee bit confused by the folk who say Hibs.Net isn't representative of how or what Hibs fans are thinking, measured against what exactly? Because as far as I can see there isn't anywhere comparable where the opinions and attitudes of Hibs fans can be measured against what happens on here, with the possible exception of the bounce, which AFAIK has far far fewer members, and facebook which we all know is fairly well populated by nut jobs half of whom you wonder why they support Hibs at all.

In view of that I would suggest Hibs.Net is a pretty decent barometer of how Hibs fans are feeling … not all of them for sure, but national political opinion polls are usually reasonably accurate and they often poll far fewer people than the two thousand odd members this forum has to gauge the overall opinions of millions of people.

My guess is that the number of the whole Hibs support worldwide who would object to a stand being named after STF wouldn't make a decent queue at one of Easter Road's pie stalls.

Where I agree with you is the 'Sir' bit …. I'm a massive opponent of all that pish as well, but like you not enough that it would have any bearing on whether or not I would support a Sir Tom Farmer stand.

All of this and the Sir bit.