PDA

View Full Version : Ron meets Andy

G B Young
05-07-2019, 04:57 PM
https://twitter.com/JudyMurray?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp% 7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

:flag:

H18 SFR
05-07-2019, 04:59 PM
Prospective investment?

04Sauzee
05-07-2019, 05:03 PM
Prospective investment?
His sports agency looks after Porteous and Murray

beensaidbefore
05-07-2019, 05:08 PM
Some good press for us there. Well done Judy:aok:

G B Young
05-07-2019, 05:27 PM
Some good press for us there. Well done Judy:aok:

Evening News already picked it up:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/new-hibs-owner-ron-gordon-pictured-alongside-andy-murray-1-4960371

05-07-2019, 05:29 PM
Evening News already picked it up:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/new-hibs-owner-ron-gordon-pictured-alongside-andy-murray-1-4960371

Got it from this thread probably.

Since452
05-07-2019, 05:40 PM
But but i thought Hearts were the famous? Why is it always Hibs getting the attention on social media? Hibssing/Singhibs will be along to tell us it's a fake soon

EskbankHibby
05-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Even Judy and Andy have been taken in by this charlatan.

I heard he tapped a fiver off Judy for some Pimm’s, he’s the lowest of the low.

Or something like that.

beensaidbefore
05-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Keith_M :faf::faf:

I think i got it

tonyrougier123
05-07-2019, 05:52 PM

Or something like that.

No ice though...just incase there was a floating charge.😉

matty_f
05-07-2019, 05:53 PM
But but i thought Hearts were the famous? Why is it always Hibs getting the attention on social media? Hibssing/Singhibs will be along to tell us it's a fake soon

SingHibs is a Hibs fan so maybe drop the Hibssing stuff, eh?

AltheHibby
05-07-2019, 06:03 PM

Or something like that.

Duncan's a Jambo. He was smart enough not to be taken in by the rich foreigner! 😁

Glory Lurker
05-07-2019, 07:46 PM
Has he met HSL yet?

jacomo
05-07-2019, 07:51 PM
https://twitter.com/JudyMurray?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp% 7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Benefit of buying Hibs.

You get to meet world class sporting superstars as part of the deal.

CLASS OF 72 -73
05-07-2019, 09:18 PM
Huge admirer of Andy Murray but think his mum is the big Hibee . I know he mentors a couple of the young lads and has huge commitments but anyone ever saw him at Easter Road at a game or highlight in the press he is a first green? I haven't.

Vault Boy
05-07-2019, 09:20 PM
Brilliant. I love Judy.

4WAW
05-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Huge admirer of Andy Murray but think his mum is the big Hibee . I know he mentors a couple of the young lads and has huge commitments but anyone ever saw him at Easter Road at a game or highlight in the press he is a first green? I haven't.

A couple of seconds on google produces a ton of stuff linking Andy and Jamie with Hibs, including this : https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/brothers-green-hibs-fans-andy-7541250

J-C
05-07-2019, 10:08 PM

You mean take time out of his schedule that made him one of the best tennis players on the planet to come to a game?

It's well documented on TV, papers and media that he and his family are massive Hibs fans.

05-07-2019, 10:18 PM

He probably watches Hibs TV a lot, overseas membership so he'll be able to watch live if he's not in the middle of a match. Maybe when he does eventually retire he'll pitch up at ER to see how Ryan and Fraser are getting on.

Renfrew_Hibby
05-07-2019, 10:22 PM
I wonder if we could look into a kit deal with Andy's clothing sponsor?

I'm not sure who they are (castore) but I'm sure they could provide us with a totally bespoke and classy kit, similar to Aston Villas collaboration with some fashion company last season.

SRHibs
06-07-2019, 01:20 AM
He has an affinity for Hibs that much is sure, but I doubt he watches our games or pays much interest to what's happening. Was he not on TV a couple of years back claiming he was an Arsenal fan?

Austinho
06-07-2019, 03:23 AM
Sir Andy Murray, Sir Tom Farmer, Sir Matt Busby, Sir David Gray. Any other knighted individuals involved with Hibs in the past?

J-C
06-07-2019, 04:45 AM
He has an affinity for Hibs that much is sure, but I doubt he watches our games or pays much interest to what's happening. Was he not on TV a couple of years back claiming he was an Arsenal fan?

He's based in London and probably is a Gunners fan due to this, we all have a favourite English team, that's his.

Heisenberg
06-07-2019, 05:23 AM

Jamie is a big Hibs fan too. Always tweeting about games etc and has definitely been at a few over recent years. I get the impression Andy isn’t as bothered anymore but still has an affinity to the club.

oneone73
06-07-2019, 07:18 AM
He's based in London and probably is a Gunners fan due to this, we all have a favourite English team, that's his.

I don't. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

J-C
06-07-2019, 07:20 AM
I don't. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Well good for you.

oneone73
06-07-2019, 07:21 AM
Well good for you.

Hibs only. Maybe I'm shallow.

Barman Stanton
06-07-2019, 08:24 AM
You have to remember that Andy moved to Barcelona to train when he was 15. He has spoken about Hibs loads so doesn’t hide who he supports. Also supports Arsenal and Barca, his ‘local’ teams.

Since452
06-07-2019, 08:28 AM

I dont

SRHibs
06-07-2019, 09:01 AM

Yeah, I like Newcastle purely based on my location, but if someone asked me who I supported no team other than Hibs would ever enter my mind.

Keith_M
06-07-2019, 09:16 AM

Guess who the wee guy is

https://www.heraldscotland.com/resources/images/4827812?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

J-C
06-07-2019, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I like Newcastle purely based on my location, but if someone asked me who I supported no team other than Hibs would ever enter my mind.

Yep, I never mentioned supporting an English club, just a favourite one, mine is Man U ever since the 68 European cup win.

Cat Stanton
06-07-2019, 10:03 AM

The really important question is: how old does Ron look in the photo? 63 or, say, 65? If only there was another thread on this site that could investigate this further..

hibbyfraelibby
06-07-2019, 10:37 AM

We have Andy, Jamie and Judy Murray...they have Duncan

hibbyfraelibby
06-07-2019, 10:39 AM
Sir Andy Murray, Sir Tom Farmer, Sir Matt Busby, Sir David Gray. Any other knighted individuals involved with Hibs in the past?

Lord Lewis of Stevenson...a real upgrade on Lord Pishy Breeks

Itsnoteasy
07-07-2019, 09:23 AM

Me neither.

FilipinoHibs
07-07-2019, 09:33 AM

I can verify it is true. I know the Murrays personally before they shot to fame. They are indeed genuine Hibs fans. I can also confirm the issue of 22.65m new shares as I predicted. That they were issued to partly repay mortgage and provide a cash injection. As I again predicted. Judy told me Ron is even older than me so I am going with the 65 quoted at companies house. The Blloomberg bio will be corrected. The only other prediction I will make is that Hearts will not win the league this year.

Hibernian Verse
07-07-2019, 09:41 AM
I can verify it is true. I know the Murrays personally before they shot to fame. They are indeed genuine Hibs fans. I can also confirm the issue of 22.65m new shares as I predicted. That they were issued to partly repay mortgage and provide a cash injection. As I again predicted. Judy told me Ron is even older than me so I am going with the 65 quoted at companies house. The Blloomberg bio will be corrected. The only other prediction I will make is that Hearts will not win the league this year.But will they win the September league again? That's the one we are all after.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
07-07-2019, 09:43 AM
Me neither.

He is an Arsenal fan but his first love is Hibs and so to for Jamie. Their grandfather took them to ER during the Sauzee/Latapy era. Ron looks older than he is as his fair Scottish skin did not stand up well to the hot Peruvian and Florida sun. But I can confirm he us 65 and Bloomberg wrong.

we are hibs
07-07-2019, 09:44 AM
Only time I recall andy Murray tweeting about hibs was when malmo gubbed us. Something about Easter road being a fortress

FilipinoHibs
07-07-2019, 09:49 AM
But will they win the September league again? That's the one we are all after.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Possibly relegated by September🤪

FilipinoHibs
07-07-2019, 09:50 AM
Only time I recall andy Murray tweeting about hibs was when malmo gubbed us. Something about Easter road being a fortress

One reason he has never tweeted about Hibs again!

southsider
07-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Lord Lewis of Stevenson...a real upgrade on Lord Pishy Breeks

Lord Martin O’Neil ex director and my teacher at Boroughmuir. Really good guy Met him in Black Sea resort whilst the Hibs were playing in the UEFA cup. I said as I bowed. Lord O’Neil, ypu’ve done well for yourself.’ He replied ‘ F@@k off M@@@@o, you were a cheeky c&@t at the school & ye huvney changed’.

Allant1981
07-07-2019, 10:15 AM
Guess who the wee guy is

https://www.heraldscotland.com/resources/images/4827812?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

Jamie murray

One Day Soon
07-07-2019, 10:17 AM
I can verify it is true. I know the Murrays personally before they shot to fame. They are indeed genuine Hibs fans. I can also confirm the issue of 22.65m new shares as I predicted. That they were issued to partly repay mortgage and provide a cash injection. As I again predicted. Judy told me Ron is even older than me so I am going with the 65 quoted at companies house. The Blloomberg bio will be corrected. The only other prediction I will make is that Hearts will not win the league this year.

The world and his dog know the Murrays are Hibs fans, it's not exactly a revelation. To not know that after recent years would be remarkable.

FilipinoHibs
07-07-2019, 10:22 AM
The world and his dog know the Murrays are Hibs fans, it's not exactly a revelation. To not know that after recent years would be remarkable.
Why are people querying it here maybe they are Jambo trolls? I thought at least everybody on here would know that. My post was tinged with sarcasm but obviously some people live in another universe.

One Day Soon
07-07-2019, 11:15 AM
Why are people querying it here maybe they are Jambo trolls? I thought at least everybody on here would know that. My post was tinged with sarcasm but obviously some people live in another universe.

This .net, everyone lives in their own universe.

Iggy Pope
07-07-2019, 03:14 PM

I was in your camp for a bit, but Jeez man you are hard work.

PatHead
07-07-2019, 06:32 PM

I don't. Have a soft spot for Villa since SJM joined.

I'm Spartacus
08-07-2019, 08:42 AM

I know you're not 100% stating that you think SingHibs isn't a Hibs fan (that sounds like it has quadruple negatives!) but it does seem to me that you think he may be at least a mischief maker, would I be correct?

Neil4Hibs
08-07-2019, 09:14 AM

I saw a recent interview he did with a young disabled girl, it was really interesting. He said he grew up a big Hibs fan, but when he moved to the US he couldn't get Scottish football on TV and he started following Arsenal as a result, she wasn't impressed as she said she was a Spurs fan.

FilipinoHibs
08-07-2019, 09:21 AM
I know you're not 100% stating that you think SingHibs isn't a Hibs fan (that sounds like it has quadruple negatives!) but it does seem to me that you think he may be at least a mischief maker, would I be correct?

Yes I like a laugh and a joke but I was a 100% serious about the Ron takeover (not his age).

FilipinoHibs
08-07-2019, 09:22 AM
I saw a recent interview he did with a young disabled girl, it was really interesting. He said he grew up a big Hibs fan, but when he moved to the US he couldn't get Scottish football on TV and he started following Arsenal as a result, she wasn't impressed as she said she was a Spurs fan.

Yes good interview. Thought it was when he was living in London where he has a home.

FilipinoHibs
08-07-2019, 09:27 AM
I don't. Have a soft spot for Villa since SJM joined.

I lived in London for seven years and my kids became Arsenal fans to avoid the taunting about being Hibernian fans - children down there said that's not a football team, they play rugby. Went to Higbury with a friend and his kids during the end of the George Graham era. No atmosphere and never became attached and spent more time following Hibs on the radio and in the Scottish papers.