PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SEAN MACKIE AGREES CONTRACT EXTENSION

RSS Bot
05-07-2019, 02:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10107)

neil7908
05-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Seems a sensible decision and good move for both the club and player.

Lago
05-07-2019, 02:12 PM
Excellent !!

DaveF
05-07-2019, 02:16 PM
Good stuff. Hopefully he continues to impress and develop his game.

brog
05-07-2019, 02:18 PM
Excellent news.

Billy Whizz
05-07-2019, 02:18 PM
Great news Sean

05-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Pleased with that. I like him, particularly his confidence to hit a cross first time rather than take a couple of touches which can allow the opposition defence to get in better position.

GraysShinyBonce
05-07-2019, 02:24 PM
Great news, natural successor to Lewis?

B.H.F.C
05-07-2019, 02:36 PM
Has a great chance to establish himself in the next few weeks.

If he does well enough he’ll stay in the team.

Ozyhibby
05-07-2019, 02:40 PM
Two years is just about right. He’s done well but now needs to make the next step which is force his way past Stevenson and into the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
05-07-2019, 02:49 PM
Good young player with a sweet left foot, just needs to develop his defensive side, also good to see Lewis having a positive influence on him.

BILLYHIBS
05-07-2019, 03:01 PM
Brilliant!

Good news week!

Guy is a unit with a beautiful sweet left foot

The futures bright the futures green and white!

MWHIBBIES
05-07-2019, 03:03 PM
Doubt we're signing a left back then. Positive news if he can be a good backup for Lewis for now.

Bostonhibby
05-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Looked a good player. Pleased he's getting the chance.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
06-07-2019, 08:41 AM
Cracking picture of Sean in today’s Sun😂😂😂

eastcoasthibby
06-07-2019, 02:58 PM
Brilliant!

Good news week!

Guy is a unit with a beautiful sweet left foot

The futures bright the futures green and white!

All have our own opinions he may well have a nice left foot but his main job is to switch on defensively and I am not convinced he does that very well ! Hecky must see something that he can further develop and I hope it happens, cos from what I have seen of him he is either casual or rash, really got the feeling he will cost us goals if he is playing much ...sorry I really hope Heckys confidence in him is proven to be right

superfurryhibby
07-07-2019, 08:43 AM
All have our own opinions he may well have a nice left foot but his main job is to switch on defensively and I am not convinced he does that very well ! Hecky must see something that he can further develop and I hope it happens, cos from what I have seen of him he is either casual or rash, really got the feeling he will cost us goals if he is playing much ...sorry I really hope Heckys confidence in him is proven to be right

Mackie has some developing to do if he is to cement a place in the team. Hopefully he has it in him, as so far I haven’t seen it myself, a couple of lovely passes aside. He’s certainly got an opportunity over the next few months do just that.

I definitely wouldn’t describe Mackie as a “unit” either.

Stevenson on the other hand demonstrates that lack of height can be countered by working on strength. The wee man is wee, but he’s strong as an ox

Arch Stanton
07-07-2019, 08:54 AM

Wasn't that the case with Stevenson early on as well? For me he looked more comfortable in midfield.

The Leith Dutch
07-07-2019, 09:10 AM
Wasn't that the case with Stevenson early on as well? For me he looked more comfortable in midfield.

:agree:

Mackie in the times I've seen him looks more like a proper Left Midfielder rather than a Left Back or a Left Winger.
Were it not for the good options we have with wingers right now I'd say we could do worse than having Mackie LM and Mallan RM.

BILLYHIBS
07-07-2019, 09:25 AM

My opinion is based upon what I seen of the boy last season Celtic 2-0 The Rangers away Hearts home Elgin and Motherwell

We are all entitled to our opinions and I of course respect yours

I have to admit what I have seen of him so far this season albeit on HIBS TV I have not been too impressed

The left back spot is up for grabs and hopefully he can pull his socks up and kick on!

GGTTH

BILLYHIBS
07-07-2019, 10:11 AM
Mackie has some developing to do if he is to cement a place in the team. Hopefully he has it in him, as so far I haven’t seen it myself, a couple of lovely passes aside. He’s certainly got an opportunity over the next few months do just that.

I definitely wouldn’t describe Mackie as a “unit” either.

Stevenson on the other hand demonstrates that lack of height can be countered by working on strength. The wee man is wee, but he’s strong as an ox

Unit?

Have a close look next time you see him reminded me of KT of Celtic the guy is solid :greengrin

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/sean-mackie-getting-rewards-hibs-15589867

basehibby
08-07-2019, 06:24 AM
Great - he has absolutely looked the part ever since his introduction to the first team. If he didn't have Mr consistency in front of him he'd be a first team regular already I think.

Since452
08-07-2019, 08:29 AM
I rate him very highly. Think he has a huge future

Hibernian32
08-07-2019, 08:47 AM
Unit?

Have a close look next time you see him reminded me of KT of Celtic the guy is solid :greengrin

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/sean-mackie-getting-rewards-hibs-15589867
100% agree I met the laddie once and he's big sturdy fella

Stuart93
08-07-2019, 09:32 AM
Thought he was quite poor v Dunfermline, caught out of position quite a lot. Only a preseason friendly though & there’s definite potential