PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Kit

Green-Hibee-7
05-07-2019, 11:27 AM
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

I was in Italy last week visiting a clients office. They asked me to attend a function where they would be presenting their products and ideas to potential investors. It was just effectively a range of different businesses that had pop up stalls/stages in this arena. Like a big open day.

Anyway I took a wander and noticed Macron Sports were in attendance. Slap bang in the middle of this stall was 3 kits for Hibs (along with others). Green home one, purple away one and in between these two was a Grey 3rd kit.

Strip is grey but has a yellow/lime theme colour involved as well. For instance the Hibs badge and macron logos on the shirt are yellow. Some stalls were a bit funny about photos being taken so didn’t get any.

Question I have is.. is this just like mock design or kit they designed but we knocked back. Or is it the actual 3rd kit? Anyone heard anything about one? The macron rep didn’t really know if this was a replica 3rd kit in all honesty.

GloryGlory
05-07-2019, 11:29 AM

I was in Italy last week visiting a clients office. They asked me to attend a function where they would be presenting their products and ideas to potential investors. It was just effectively a range of different businesses that had pop up stalls/stages in this arena. Like a big open day.

Anyway I took a wander and noticed Macron Sports were in attendance. Slap bang in the middle of this stall was 3 kits for Hibs (along with others). Green home one, purple away one and in between these two was a Grey 3rd kit.

Strip is grey but has a yellow/lime theme colour involved as well. For instance the Hibs badge and macron logos on the shirt are yellow. Some stalls were a bit funny about photos being taken so didn’t get any.

Question I have is.. is this just like mock design or kit they designed but we knocked back. Or is it the actual 3rd kit? Anyone heard anything about one? The macron rep didn’t really know if this was a replica 3rd kit in all honesty.

Did you get a picture?

04Sauzee
05-07-2019, 11:32 AM
Did you get a picture?

He said he didn't

BoomtownHibees
05-07-2019, 11:34 AM

Goalie top maybe?

SideBurns
05-07-2019, 11:35 AM

Could it be the goalie top?

Pretty Boy
05-07-2019, 11:46 AM
Could it have been a mock up for the HSL kit next season?

When Hearts had their FOH kit I know they went with grey because it's apparently the easiest colour to incorporate text into.

My_Wife_Camille
05-07-2019, 11:47 AM

It's defo the 3rd kit. Not sure when it's to be released but that's definitely what it is

Green-Hibee-7
05-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Did you get a picture?

Sorry, I didn’t.

It wasn’t an overly photo friendly event.

Probably wouldn’t have posted a picture anyway just in case it was to be a replica.

Club have probably got some launch day planned. Wouldn’t want to spoil it.

Green-Hibee-7
05-07-2019, 12:18 PM
It's defo the 3rd kit. Not sure when it's to be released but that's definitely what it is

Cheers.

Didn’t even think about the goalie strip option.

Arbroath on Wednesday keeper strip was yellow.

California-Hibs
05-07-2019, 12:22 PM
Didn't hsl say that all members names were going to be going on the 3rd kit as a tribute to their contributions? This makes sense why the top was gray perhaps? All in all was it a nice top?

My_Wife_Camille
05-07-2019, 12:35 PM
Didn't hsl say that all members names were going to be going on the 3rd kit as a tribute to their contributions? This makes sense why the top was gray perhaps? All in all was it a nice top?
That's for next season, the grey 3rd kit is for this season. Not saying it won't be grey next year for the HSL kit too but they are different kits

.Sean.
05-07-2019, 12:37 PM
A 3rd kit this year is a total con. The only team we need a change kit against is Celtic and the purple is fine. We are also not in Europe so another reason we don't require one.

We wear our away kit far too much as it is IMO without the need for a further change top.

jodjam
05-07-2019, 12:54 PM
Third strips are just an example of a club going out to rip off its fans

Peevemor
05-07-2019, 12:55 PM

Nobody forces the fans to but anything.

DTS
05-07-2019, 12:57 PM

I’d imagine it’s in the contract from the retailer, in this instance macron

Heedersnvolleys
05-07-2019, 01:00 PM

I would imagine if someone is buying a strip they will pick the best one out of the 3.

Brightside
05-07-2019, 01:08 PM

Exactly. Nasty Hibs have also filled the shop up with loads of stuff that people are now forced to purchase.

WhileTheChief..
05-07-2019, 01:12 PM
Tea, coffee or bovril at half time.

I doubt many folk buy all 3 for themselves, it’s all about choices!

Bristolhibby
05-07-2019, 01:50 PM
A 3rd kit this year is a total con. The only team we need a change kit against is Celtic and the purple is fine. We are also not in Europe so another reason we don't require one.

We wear our away kit far too much as it is IMO without the need for a further change top.

You watch some jobsworths say the green stripes in our purple kit will clash (they won’t).

Remember one season (near the start of the season) where we had bottle green with white socks and green socks and we played Falkirk with dark blue (white sleeves for some reason), white shorts and blue socks?

That was the most confusing game I’ve ever seen.

J

Just Jimmy
05-07-2019, 01:54 PM
as someone said it is indeed the third kit. I haven't seen it but I've been told it's quite tidy.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

bingo70
05-07-2019, 02:07 PM
When is the third kit normally released?

Ozymandias
05-07-2019, 05:42 PM

Why do you think that?

04Sauzee
05-07-2019, 05:51 PM

Or giving them a choice

04Sauzee
05-07-2019, 05:52 PM

😲😲

Austinho
05-07-2019, 08:06 PM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UqFfb9D0UF0/XR46S4Kp8-I/AAAAAAAB_I4/kX05jL9m6ZwJ3g9IpUbfdqM7gw0uqNn2QCLcBGAs/s550/celtic-19-20-third-kit-2.jpg Better release it soon - Celtic are about to launch a grey third too...

MyJo
05-07-2019, 08:08 PM

Third kit is needed if your playing in Europe I believe. As we have to decide on the designs around October we won’t know if we are in Europe or not at that time so chances are we do three kits just incase.

04Sauzee
05-07-2019, 08:09 PM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UqFfb9D0UF0/XR46S4Kp8-I/AAAAAAAB_I4/kX05jL9m6ZwJ3g9IpUbfdqM7gw0uqNn2QCLcBGAs/s550/celtic-19-20-third-kit-2.jpg Better release it soon - Celtic are about to launch a grey third too...

Hope it's nicer than that, that is bowfin

My_Wife_Camille
05-07-2019, 09:58 PM
Third kit is needed if your playing in Europe I believe. As we have to decide on the designs around October we won’t know if we are in Europe or not at that time so chances are we do three kits just incase.
Is this a new rule? Don’t remember it being in place before?

Michael
05-07-2019, 10:13 PM

Here's the rule:

"50.04 Playing attire used by clubs as of the group stage must be approved by the UEFA
administration. The following deadlines apply for the submission to the UEFA
administration of samples of the first-choice and second-choice playing attires for
outfield players and goalkeepers as well as any additional playing attires and/or
items of playing attire (shirt, shorts or socks)"

So no third kit required.

Bristolhibby
06-07-2019, 02:16 AM

Was just at the Supermarine v Swindon Town pre season earlier on and Swindon Town have a grey away kit. Was not massively impressed.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/siteassets/club-content/201920-away-kit-launch/rsz_swindon_town_beauty_away_01_rt.jpg

J

MyJo
06-07-2019, 06:47 AM
Is this a new rule? Don’t remember it being in place before?

Here's the rule:

"50.04 Playing attire used by clubs as of the group stage must be approved by the UEFA
administration. The following deadlines apply for the submission to the UEFA
administration of samples of the first-choice and second-choice playing attires for
outfield players and goalkeepers as well as any additional playing attires and/or
items of playing attire (shirt, shorts or socks)"

So no third kit required.

Guess that teaches me for believing what’s said on here :greengrin

Sir David Gray
06-07-2019, 06:51 AM

That's horrible.

BlackSheep
10-07-2019, 03:57 PM
Any chance the shirt you saw looked like this?

Not In The Know
10-07-2019, 04:12 PM
any chance the shirt you saw looked like this?

a m a z i n g !

Heedersnvolleys
10-07-2019, 04:12 PM
Better not be that is horrendous

04Sauzee
10-07-2019, 04:17 PM
Any chance the shirt you saw looked like this?

That's horrific, would look better short sleeved without the green piping

BlackSheep
10-07-2019, 05:41 PM
It’s a GK shirt... which is why I asked... it may be the style of GK shirt we wear this year.... I know we have seen a yellow kit already but this could the second GK kit

Just Jimmy
10-07-2019, 05:58 PM
It’s a GK shirt... which is why I asked... it may be the style of GK shirt we wear this year.... I know we have seen a yellow kit already but this could the second GK kitthere is a grey third kit.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Jones28
10-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Exactly. Nasty Hibs have also filled the shop up with loads of stuff that people are now forced to purchase.

They forced the shot-glasses into my hand.

My_Wife_Camille
10-07-2019, 06:20 PM
It’s a GK shirt... which is why I asked... it may be the style of GK shirt we wear this year.... I know we have seen a yellow kit already but this could the second GK kit
Grey kit is defo the 3rd kit, chequered design

BlackSheep
10-07-2019, 06:20 PM

Sounds interesting...

Saturday Boy
10-07-2019, 06:57 PM

Interesting.

I have a chequered past, but none of it was by design. And certainly not grey.

I can’t wait 😳

Vault Boy
10-07-2019, 07:02 PM
It's about time we had a strip dedicated to Sir David

tamig
10-07-2019, 07:30 PM

How do you know this?

EI255
10-07-2019, 08:26 PM

We wear our away kit far too much as it is IMO without the need for a further change top.We don't even need to change our strips vs Celtic. Didn't need to in the 60s, 70s or 80s. Pointless exercise.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Diclonius
10-07-2019, 08:42 PM

If it's anything like Barca's new kit then count me interested.

California-Hibs
10-07-2019, 08:53 PM
You'd think if we were getting a 3rd kit it would have been announced by now?

Scott Allan Key
10-07-2019, 09:01 PM

We wear our away kit far too much as it is IMO without the need for a further change top.I agree. And it seems to be a problem not reserved to us. Would like us to play at home in green and white and have our Scottish opponents in their home kits and not their dull black away kits.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
10-07-2019, 10:33 PM

Will announce it after the away one has been out for a few weeks I would think

malcolm
11-07-2019, 09:13 AM

No one sees gray well - its how he sneaks in and scores so many headers. But do we get to change from the grey top at halftime when losing 3-0 cos the players can’t pick each other out for passes :wink:

My_Wife_Camille
11-07-2019, 09:58 AM
Our 3rd kits have never been announced before the start of the season. Last years was towards the end of September