PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PAY AT THE GATE OPTION FOR DUNFERMLINE

RSS Bot
05-07-2019, 09:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10105)

HH81
05-07-2019, 09:13 AM
I bought tickets for Carlisle yesterday, bet that becomes pay on the gate too. :thumbsup:

sauzee=legend
05-07-2019, 09:58 AM
Unemployed £10 - does that mean you have to take your jobseekers book with you for proof?
Otherwise how can they prove it 😂

Greencore
05-07-2019, 10:01 AM
Unemployed £10 - does that mean you have to take your jobseekers book with you for proof?

Bank statement and photo ID?

1van Sprou7e
05-07-2019, 10:08 AM

Ahaha

Only in Fife

Hibernia&Alba
05-07-2019, 11:58 AM

IMHO, it should be a tenner for adults, with minimal fee for all other groups. It's a pre-season friendly.

Seveno
05-07-2019, 12:02 PM
Does this mean the allocated seating will not be in operation now?

Billy Whizz
05-07-2019, 12:08 PM

Ha ha, good question
Dunfermline stewards usually tell you to sit anywhere, always a problem at East End park

Viva_Palmeiras
05-07-2019, 10:32 PM
I predict the annual chaos EEP. Insufficient stewards and turnstile operators. Recurring theme there which is a shame obv they don’t want to lose money through unnecessary costs but they must make a fair bit out our visits.

Keiran/Tracey any reassurances given - on past performance they really should be under the spotlight imo

Nakedmanoncrack
05-07-2019, 10:40 PM
I bought tickets for Carlisle yesterday, bet that becomes pay on the gate too. :thumbsup:

Looks like it's still just the stand they are selling? I'm hoping they'll open the terracing on the night so hanging fire on getting a ticket.

Hermit Crab
06-07-2019, 04:09 AM
Looks like it's still just the stand they are selling? I'm hoping they'll open the terracing on the night so hanging fire on getting a ticket.

Carlisle have already confirmed that the terracing will not be made available to us, we are getting the whole East Stand which has a 6000 capacity.

Keith_M
06-07-2019, 09:25 AM

It'll be the same as at Rugby Park, where I paid at the gate, was told I could sit anywhere I wanted and had to move FIVE times for people with pre-paid tickets.

Whoever decides on these things probably couldn't even spell IQ, never mind measure it.

NOTE: If I'm told to sit anywhere by the stewards today, and anybody with a ticket asks me to move, they can whistle for it; unless they're six foot four and built like a tank... or maybe a blonde dolly-bird with a winning smile and great big [censored]

04Sauzee
06-07-2019, 11:11 AM
Hibs playing in purple today

theonlywayisup
06-07-2019, 11:26 AM
Hibs playing in purple today

How do you know?

Edit: from Hibs Twitter

Keith_M
06-07-2019, 06:24 PM
Well Pay At The gate was a disaster today. Mainly because it actually wasn't pay at the gate

The problem being that nobody told the fans that were standing in the queues at the turnstyles, only to be turned away and sent to the end of a massive queue for the ticket booth, which initially had only one person serving and was eventually upped to two, then three people by 3pm.

Today was a total mismanagement by Dunfermline and resulted in loads of people getting in really late, even though most of them arrived at a reasonable time.

greenlex
06-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Well Pay At The gate was a disaster today. Mainly because it actually wasn't pay at the gate

The problem being that nobody told the fans that were standing in the queues at the turnstyles, only to be turned away and sent to the end of a massive queue for the ticket booth, which initially had only one person serving and was eventually upped to two, then three people by 3pm.

Today was a total mismanagement by Dunfermline and resulted in loads of people getting in really late, even though most of them arrived at a reasonable time.
Im sure I saw signs saying go to the ticket booth rather than cash at turnstiles. The food kiosks were however a complete disaster. Huge waits.

Keith_M
06-07-2019, 06:51 PM
Im sure I saw signs saying go to the ticket booth rather than cash at turnstiles. The food kiosks were however a complete disaster. Huge waits.

Didn't see any Lex, and neither did any of the people I was chatting to in the queue.

I'm not saying your not telling the truth, but If they were that obvious then there wouldn't have been so many people in the wrong queue.

Pickle
06-07-2019, 07:23 PM
You could get the tickets in the club shop, certainly saved a lot of time, only popped in on the off chance but at 2.40 the ticket queue at our stand was huge and only getting worse!

Viva_Palmeiras
06-07-2019, 07:23 PM

Kieran / Tracey something really needs to be done they’re continually messing about with our fans - would imagine Hearts (do they have a decent away support?) would find similar problems perhaps Anne and Leeann should flag the issue. I’ll not be taking my boys there until they sort out the mess.

Thehibeeswife
06-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Glad we got tickets in advance for today, the queues were chaos when we turned up

Smartie
06-07-2019, 11:16 PM
It's chaos there every year and I've become so pissed off with it I just don't go there any more.

I have quite a lot of family links to the club so it's a shame but as a club they are scabby *******s. They never have enough staff working, they never open that terracing until it's too late, they never adequately staff the kiosks and I have simply got fed up spending an afternoon standing in queues, getting sent from her to there to the next place missing chunks of the game, which in itself is a kick about. I know, I should get a ticket in advance, turn up at 2pm, not want any food etc etc but for a pre-season training exercise I'm just not interested enough.

They know they're going to get a big away support, they take it for granted and can't be arsed to actually provide anything resembling customer service.

There are a lot of away grounds that work quite well, I'll save my cash to go to meaningful games at those grounds. I strongly suspect Stirling Albion next week will be much better.

DTS
06-07-2019, 11:37 PM
It's chaos there every year and I've become so pissed off with it I just don't go there any more.

I have quite a lot of family links to the club so it's a shame but as a club they are scabby *******s. They never have enough staff working, they never open that terracing until it's too late, they never adequately staff the kiosks and I have simply got fed up spending an afternoon standing in queues, getting sent from her to there to the next place missing chunks of the game, which in itself is a kick about. I know, I should get a ticket in advance, turn up at 2pm, not want any food etc etc but for a pre-season training exercise I'm just not interested enough.

They know they're going to get a big away support, they take it for granted and can't be arsed to actually provide anything resembling customer service.

There are a lot of away grounds that work quite well, I'll save my cash to go to meaningful games at those grounds. I strongly suspect Stirling Albion next week will be much better.

Agree with everything bar the last sentence. Stirling Albion giving us 1800 tickets and only patg. More hibs fans than that will show up

Smartie
06-07-2019, 11:59 PM
Agree with everything bar the last sentence. Stirling Albion giving us 1800 tickets and only patg. More hibs fans than that will show up

I didn't know that.

Sounds potentially shambolic.

Again.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-07-2019, 04:02 AM
Carlisle have already confirmed that the terracing will not be made available to us, we are getting the whole East Stand which has a 6000 capacity.

Hadn't seen That, disappointing.

overdrive
07-07-2019, 06:59 AM
The queue for the food was awful as well. Not helped by the staff being expected to add everything up in their head and there only appearing to be one till.

Power
07-07-2019, 07:40 AM
Kieran / Tracey something really needs to be done they’re continually messing about with our fans - would imagine Hearts (do they have a decent away support?) would find similar problems perhaps Anne and Leeann should flag the issue. I’ll not be taking my boys there until they sort out the mess.

Ken. Poor organisation from Dunfermline, leaves a bad experience. I asked for more ticket queues to be opened, G4S got another opened at 2:50 and a third at 3.

feedback is provided every game - the club will then pick up with the other club. We’ve seen similar at Killie, Livingston and St Mirren over the last couple of years - the club gets frustrated at that.

I’m concerned Stirling Albion have went with PATG for all next week, especially considering the Hibs walk up yesterday - The likes of Stirling and Alloa do have less Hibs fans than a Dunfermline trip but nonetheless (!)

Since452
07-07-2019, 07:43 AM
Dunfermline should know by now we always take in excess of 2k there pre season. Poor organisation yet again.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-07-2019, 09:08 AM
Ken. Poor organisation from Dunfermline, leaves a bad experience. I asked for more ticket queues to be opened, G4S got another opened at 2:50 and a third at 3.

feedback is provided every game - the club will then pick up with the other club. We’ve seen similar at Killie, Livingston and St Mirren over the last couple of years - the club gets frustrated at that.

I’m concerned Stirling Albion have went with PATG for all next week, especially considering the Hibs walk up yesterday - The likes of Stirling and Alloa do have less Hibs fans than a Dunfermline trip but nonetheless (!)

Thanks for picking up Kieran.

Perhaps if they explained themselves folks could understand but why do they get it wrong every year? One year it got farcical it was ticketed but they held back then the stewards just said sit anywhere - I mean just think that through - what a mess. Shambles of a club organisation wise.

Chorley Hibee
07-07-2019, 09:33 AM
I thought I would add a distressing incident from yesterday to this thread, and highlight the archaic beliefs that people still hold in relation to people with disabilities.

A good friend of mine was refused a concessionary ticket for the game (despite holding a valid National Entitlement Card) after being told by a G4S employee that he wasn't disabled.

As my friend was showing no obvious physical disability, he didn't therefore conform to this individual's uneducated idea of disability, and he took it upon himself to refuse my friend entry and humiliate him in the process. So much so, that my friend immediately left the stadium before boarding a bus home to Glasgow.

I've made Dunfermline FC and G4S aware of this dreadful incident and I expect them to deal with it promptly.

It's completely unacceptable that anyone should be subjected to a situation such as this, especially so when in possession of the required proof of entitlement.

MSK
07-07-2019, 09:43 AM
I thought I would add a distressing incident from yesterday to this thread, and highlight the archaic beliefs that people still hold in relation to people with disabilities.

A good friend of mine was refused a concessionary ticket for the game (despite holding a valid National Entitlement Card) after being told by a G4S employee that he wasn't disabled.

As my friend was showing no obvious physical disability, he didn't therefore conform to this individual's uneducated idea of disability, and he took it upon himself to refuse my friend entry and humiliate him in the process. So much so, that my friend immediately left the stadium before boarding a bus home to Glasgow.

I've made Dunfermline FC and G4S aware of this dreadful incident and I expect them to deal with it promptly.

It's completely unacceptable that anyone should be subjected to a situation such as this, especially so when in possession of the required proof of entitlement.Thats ****ing brutal mate, hope you got the pricks name too, hope it hasn't put your friend off from attending future games 👍

Keith_M
07-07-2019, 09:45 AM
The queue for the food was awful as well. Not helped by the staff being expected to add everything up in their head and there only appearing to be one till.

Yeah, I forgot about that. The young lad serving me my coffee took about two minutes to calculate the change.

Seriously, no tills????

Oh and one other point I forgot to make. It was a nightmare trying to find my seat and hardly any seats have numbers on them.

Now, that's not too drastic if you arrive in an empty stand and can wander around looking a the seats that DO have numbers then calculate where yours is but not so easy when most seats have people in them...and the steward then point you in the wrong effing direction.

I eventually gave up, looked for am empty seat and kept my fingers crossed I wouldn't be asked to move.

overdrive
07-07-2019, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I forgot about that. The young lad serving me my coffee took about two minutes to calculate the change.

Seriously, no tills????

Oh and one other point I forgot to make. It was a nightmare trying to find my seat and hardly any seats have numbers on them.

Now, that's not too drastic if you arrive in an empty stand and can wander around looking a the seats that DO have numbers then calculate where yours is but not so easy when most seats have people in them...and the steward then point you in the wrong effing direction.

I eventually gave up, looked for am empty seat and kept my fingers crossed I wouldn't be asked to move.

Yep, we got sent in the wrong direction too.

Hermit Crab
08-07-2019, 07:28 PM
There was only 2 people in that portacabin selling tickets. I asked a steward if the Extension would be opened and he said no. It was 15:15 by the time I got a ticket and I had been queuing since 14:45, it was a complete joke and the queue was just nearly back to the main road. Dunfermline said it was PATG, that means you hand money to a turnstile operator and they give you a ticket... Had Dunfermline been honest and said you actually have to queue for for a ticket then join another queue to enter the ground I'd have been there much earlier.

Inside the ground the food kiosk was a free for all, no real queuing system, folk just pushing in. Zero bridies left after kick off and the young lad serving having to add everything up on his phone due to no tills available. Dunfermline must have made around 40+ grand off us on Saturday, maybe they should invest that in a matchday planning officer who knows what they are doing as the current staff don't seem to have a clue.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-07-2019, 11:51 PM
Oddly enough Problem solved if people vote with their feet - or are we being taken for mugs?

GreenCastle
09-07-2019, 08:10 AM
Sounds like similar problems like the last few years.

I didn’t go as fed up with how they treat fans and the lack of basic customer service - ticketing / dodgy seat numbers / lack of organisation.

If they can’t host a large Hibs crowd - Hibs should look elsewhere.

Wasn’t impressed with the ticket price either - shame as I like the club but not being taken as a mug.