PDA

View Full Version : Let’s get this straight...

ColintonHibs
04-07-2019, 09:23 PM
Hibs just got a buyout, debt cleared, 7 figure funding

And

Man U are in for McGinn for £50m

This is surely due us a bigger party than the SC win.

When we won the cup, McGinn was valued at about £1m, we were upto our eyeballs in debt with no hope of funding from Sir Tom.

The future is definitely green and white.

What’s hearts assets to debt levels? Did administration sort them out or are they still in a bad nick? Thought Budge is a billionaire?

MWHIBBIES
04-07-2019, 09:24 PM
United aren't in for Mcginn, was just a pishy sun article based on nothing.

franck sauzee
04-07-2019, 09:29 PM

And

When we won the cup, McGinn was valued at about £1m, we were upto our eyeballs in debt with no hope of funding from Sir Tom.

What’s hearts assets to debt levels? Did administration sort them out or are they still in a bad nick? Thought Budge is a billionaire?

Is this a whoosh moment? Certainly weren't up to our eyeballs in debt

brianmc
04-07-2019, 09:29 PM

And

At least your first sentence has some basis in reality.....
The rest is Pish.

Pagan Hibernia
04-07-2019, 09:32 PM

And

hearts will be fine financially. Sadly.

Smartie
04-07-2019, 09:35 PM

And

The mindset that "having more cash> the most glorious and enjoyable sporting achievement any of us will ever witness our club achieve" is everything that is wrong with modern football.

green with envy
04-07-2019, 09:52 PM
At least your first sentence has some basis in reality.....
The rest is Pish.

Funny but true.

esjorto
04-07-2019, 09:57 PM
There are still some of us around who saw Hibs win the League - and more than once!!

Franck Stanton
04-07-2019, 10:01 PM

And

This has to be a wind-up right ?
Seems to me that it the sort of thing an under-cover yam would post as they all think we are more interested in our bank balance than the football.

DetroitHibs
04-07-2019, 10:02 PM
The 50 Million quid rumor was started by Petrie, to entice the new owner :cb

IberianHibernian
04-07-2019, 10:11 PM
There are still some of us around who saw Hibs win the League - and more than once!!Funnily enough I was just thinking the other day that it would be interesting to read something from fans who remember our last league wins . Every time we reach a SC final a couple of fans give their memories of 1958 final v Clyde but i don`t remember anyone reminiscing about when we were champions in 50s . Would be wortha thread of its own .

Smartie
04-07-2019, 10:16 PM
There are still some of us around who saw Hibs win the League - and more than once!!

Not sure if this was in response to my post, but in my opinion the Scottish Cup victory eclipses our league titles.

Controversial I know, but even players who played in teams who won the league for Hibs had a thing about Hibs and not winning the cup.

The cup win was massive.

If Hibs win the league in future, I still don't think it will be as big an achievement as the cup win.

hibby6270
04-07-2019, 11:15 PM
Not sure if this was in response to my post, but in my opinion the Scottish Cup victory eclipses our league titles.

Controversial I know, but even players who played in teams who won the league for Hibs had a thing about Hibs and not winning the cup.

The cup win was massive.

If Hibs win the league in future, I still don't think it will be as big an achievement as the cup win.

In many respects I agree.
Many of us have seen the club “win leagues” in the last 30/40 years. OK - they were the ‘old’ Division 2 but championships nevertheless.
That said, winning these titles was ultimately more of a relief because it meant promotion back to the top tier.

Winning the Cup (and you have to include the League cups in this to maybe a lesser extent) is a totally different emotion to feel as a football supporter. It’s the immediacy of a winning a cup final that is so different. Also the manner of how it was won and who it was against.

So you’re right Smartie. A league win wouldn’t top the 2016 cup win in terms of one off on the day excitement. Maybe only a European final win would do that. But then again..........who’s to say!!

NAE NOOKIE
04-07-2019, 11:46 PM

And

If you think an interest free loan of 4 million quid payable at half a million a year to a benevolent owner is being up to your eyeballs in debt for a professional football club then half the worlds clubs are screwed mate :faf:

Since452
05-07-2019, 05:48 AM

And

Hibs haven't been in large debt since the McLeish days. We must have been one of the most, if not the most financially prudent club in Scotland over the last 20 years

Forza Fred
05-07-2019, 05:49 AM
I’m always wary of posts by posters who have been subscribed for years but have a low post count.....

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2019, 05:51 AM
It's hurting them. :na na:

CraigHibee
05-07-2019, 05:54 AM
It's hurting them. :na na:

It's definitely triggered them 😁

danhibees1875
05-07-2019, 06:25 AM
The mindset that "having more cash> the most glorious and enjoyable sporting achievement any of us will ever witness our club achieve" is everything that is wrong with modern football.

But I don't think it's a mindset that anyone actually has? Other than the OP, in amongst a few other questionable points raised.

If anything modern football is often the opposite, winning a couple of trophies is worth over spending to achieve.

Onion
05-07-2019, 06:40 AM

And

If there was prize for quote of the week, this would surely be a contender. Maybe we should compile a list of the top 10 and return them to Kickback at the end of the year :greengrin

Smartie
05-07-2019, 07:13 AM
But I don't think it's a mindset that anyone actually has? Other than the OP, in amongst a few other questionable points raised.

If anything modern football is often the opposite, winning a couple of trophies is worth over spending to achieve.

That depends on the trophy.

English clubs would rather get 4th in the league than win the FA cup. The Premier League has nearly 3 quarters of the league just trying to stay in it and remain on the gravy train. How many League Cup or FA cup wins, trips to Wembley or Derby wins would these clubs trade for a guaranteed 17th place finish in the league, allowing them to be also-rans (albeit rich ones) in the richest league in the world for one more year?

Personally I don't like it.

JimBHibees
05-07-2019, 07:21 AM
This has to be a wind-up right ?
Seems to me that it the sort of thing an under-cover yam would post as they all think we are more interested in our bank balance than the football.

They are more interested in our bank balance than the football. Have you seen their style of play? Absolute eye bleeding. Jose Quitongo was spot on.

danhibees1875
05-07-2019, 07:44 AM

English clubs would rather get 4th in the league than win the FA cup. The Premier League has nearly 3 quarters of the league just trying to stay in it and remain on the gravy train. How many League Cup or FA cup wins, trips to Wembley or Derby wins would these clubs trade for a guaranteed 17th place finish in the league, allowing them to be also-rans (albeit rich ones) in the richest league in the world for one more year?

You're right about it down south to be fair, and I agree with you. :agree:

I was taking it from the perspective of what was actually said - McGinn bonus > SC win, and any similar money v trophies comparisons for Hibs. I don't think anyone would agree with that statement.

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-07-2019, 07:48 AM
Jambo

LeithMike
05-07-2019, 07:57 AM
Maybe cut the OP a bit slack? Seems just a misguided post that I'm sure would be retracted once thought through rather than a deliberate attempt to noise people up.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

HFC93
05-07-2019, 08:01 AM
Tough crowd.

green day
05-07-2019, 08:02 AM
Maybe cut the OP a bit slack? Seems just a misguided post that I'm sure would be retracted once thought through rather than a deliberate attempt to noise people up.

I am sure you are right, and I will happily give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

FWIW, I think a degree of healthy scepticism and asking questions (about things like HSL future) from our fans are to be encouraged.

However, there are - on a few threads - some rather odd questions from posters I have never heard of, and with a very low post count.

While everyone had a low post count at some point, the way they post and the timing does sometimes indicate a person looking to make mischief.

Brooster
05-07-2019, 08:02 AM
He was doing ok until he started talking about hearts.

LeithMike
05-07-2019, 08:09 AM
I am sure you are right, and I will happily give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

FWIW, I think a degree of healthy scepticism and asking questions (about things like HSL future) from our fans are to be encouraged.

However, there are - on a few threads - some rather odd questions from posters I have never heard of, and with a very low post count.

While everyone had a low post count at some point, the way they post and the timing does sometimes indicate a person looking to make mischief.Good comment but he seems to have a fair number of posts, the picture suggests he's a Hibby and he was probably just responding to some of the negativity around the takeover in an attempt to get people looking at the positives. Just probably not expressed the best way.

Barman Stanton
05-07-2019, 08:27 AM
Good comment but he seems to have a fair number of posts, the picture suggests he's a Hibby and he was probably just responding to some of the negativity around the takeover in an attempt to get people looking at the positives. Just probably not expressed the best way.

Well it would help if he perhaps explained himself instead of just dropping the nonsense post and sitting back and watching. Looks suspiciously jamboesque to me.

TheHarpy76
05-07-2019, 08:34 AM
“Bigger party than the Scottish cup win”

**** me :faf:

I don’t think my liver could handle a bigger party than that :greengrin

Barney McGrew
05-07-2019, 09:05 AM
Can we keep the name calling out please guys?

A wee bit of respect for a different viewpoint and being able to discuss the OP without resorting to the tired old Hearts fan accusations among other things goes a long way.

Keith_M
05-07-2019, 09:06 AM

And

Nah

worcesterhibby
05-07-2019, 10:55 AM

"The Clubs" may feel that way, but I don't necessarily believe the supporters do. Newcastle fans would happily get relegated if it meant they also won the FA CUP. similarly I bet a lot of supporters of teams like Southampton, West Ham, Burnley etc, would also rather win an FA cup and have their Day at Wembley than finish top 4 and play the early rounds of the Champions League, knowing that they can't win it.