PDA

View Full Version : Who was the trialist ?

The Ferryman
04-07-2019, 01:39 PM
Having watched the pre season game at Arbroath I saw an exercise being carried out in trying to sort the wheat out from the chaff and therefore useful to management.
Scott Allan scored a great goal and always looked ominous on the ball whilst I am afraid Oli Shaw again did not do himself justice. However the unnamed trialist showed glimpses of real speed and determination and ended up scoring. Does anyone know who he was? I shall not comment on the experience of the second half goalkeeper who has a long way to go.
Still an enjoyable outing in a stadium renowned for the cold of the front,but not last night.
The Ferryman

oldbutdim
04-07-2019, 01:42 PM
Moon wasn't it?

The 90+2
04-07-2019, 01:44 PM
Armstrong.

Oscar T Grouch
04-07-2019, 01:57 PM
Having watched the pre season game at Arbroath I saw an exercise being carried out in trying to sort the wheat out from the chaff and therefore useful to management.
Scott Allan scored a great goal and always looked ominous on the ball whilst I am afraid Oli Shaw again did not do himself justice. However the unnamed trialist showed glimpses of real speed and determination and ended up scoring. Does anyone know who he was? I shall not comment on the experience of the second half goalkeeper who has a long way to go.
Still an enjoyable outing in a stadium renowned for the cold of the front,but not last night.
The Ferryman

The Keeper was Patrick Martin who played the full 90, essentially our 4th choice keeper, only 20yo and plays for the development squad. He'll come good, he made a few rash decisions last night that cost us goals, but decision making isn't what young players are known for.

This was the trialist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Moon

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2019, 02:06 PM
Moon wasn't it?

Yeah Moon

Ell_Chrisso
04-07-2019, 02:12 PM
Ryan Moon - Ex Kaiser Cheifs player.

Showed a bit of promise

Peevemor
04-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Ryan Moon - Ex Kaiser Cheifs player.

Showed a bit of promise

Is he a big unit?

angus hibby
04-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Reminded me a bit of Didier Agathe. Similar build and pacy.

CMurdoch
04-07-2019, 02:47 PM
Is he a big unit?

Nah, your confusing him with Frank Zappa's daughter

Peevemor
04-07-2019, 02:48 PM

At least somebody's paying attention! :greengrin

H18S NX
04-07-2019, 04:00 PM
Nah, your confusing him with Frank Zappa's daughter...Very good m8:aok:

Inconsequential
04-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Nah, your confusing him with Frank Zappa's daughter Most younger posters will be confused Colin but very good. I can exclusively reveal Moon Unit has signed for the ladies team. You heard it here first. :wink:

The Pointer
04-07-2019, 04:36 PM

Sharp as a tack. Had to do a bit of tracking back to remember.

Inconsequential
04-07-2019, 04:37 PM
I was was reliably informed from my imaginary sources that the trialist was in actual fact Shane Ritchie. A lad from the east end of London apparently sometimes known as Alfie. :agree:

Unseen work
04-07-2019, 11:13 PM
Immense first touch, couple of occasions plucked it out the sky with ease.

Would like to see him be more direct as certainly looks like he has ability.

Goal will do wonders for his confidence.

CMurdoch
05-07-2019, 12:26 AM
Most younger posters will be confused Colin but very good. I can exclusively reveal Moon Unit has signed for the ladies team. You heard it here first. :wink:

She's 51, a bit too mature for the ladies team :wink:

California-Hibs
05-07-2019, 01:02 AM
Hopefully he plays well again on Saturday against Dunfermline. Was hoping the game might be on HibsTV but looks like its just audio..

Hibeesmad
05-07-2019, 01:23 AM
His name is Ryan Moore according to The Sun. Lazy journalism at its finest.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4446782/ryan-moore-to-get-second-chance-to-secure-hibs-deal-after-goal-against-arbroath/

Paisley Hibby
05-07-2019, 03:17 AM
His name is Ryan Moore according to The Sun. Lazy journalism at its finest.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4446782/ryan-moore-to-get-second-chance-to-secure-hibs-deal-after-goal-against-arbroath/
No - just lazy. The Sun has nothing to do with journalism.

bingo70
09-07-2019, 09:24 PM
How did the trialist play in the second half tonight?

Vault Boy
09-07-2019, 09:37 PM
How did the trialist play in the second half tonight?

Would be interested to hear folk's thoughts on this.

It seems like Moon is getting quite short cameos for a player trying to win a deal, I can't tell if that's because Hecky thinks the fitness of our contracted players is more important, or because he already has a decent idea of whether we'll be signing him or no.

Rocky
09-07-2019, 11:20 PM
Would be interested to hear folk's thoughts on this.

It seems like Moon is getting quite short cameos for a player trying to win a deal, I can't tell if that's because Hecky thinks the fitness of our contracted players is more important, or because he already has a decent idea of whether we'll be signing him or no.

It's an odd one, I wonder if it's maybe a test of mentality as much as ability, to see how he adapts to getting short periods of time to impress, and also playing him on either side of the park. I like him, looks energetic, nice touch, not afraid to get stuck in when tracking back. I'd be happy if we signed him.

ahibby
09-07-2019, 11:24 PM
It's an odd one, I wonder if it's maybe a test of mentality as much as ability, to see how he adapts to getting short periods of time to impress, and also playing him on either side of the park. I like him, looks energetic, nice touch, not afraid to get stuck in when tracking back. I'd be happy if we signed him.

I havent seen him but you dont think he is light weight then?

Souter96Mac
10-07-2019, 08:31 AM
I'm guessing we'll find out fairly soon if we're going to sign him or not, as I don't believe he can play in the league Cup fixtures. It sounds like a low risk option, and I can't imagine he'd be on a large wage. Without seeing him at all myself, I'm indifferent if he signs or not. But I always do like these sort of signings, a bit like Kamberi.

Diclonius
10-07-2019, 09:00 AM
He's had his three games, do those who have seen him reckon we should go ahead and sign him?

My_Wife_Camille
10-07-2019, 09:03 AM
Not for me. Next