PDA

View Full Version : What now for HSL?

Hibbyradge
04-07-2019, 06:56 AM
I'm away on a golf trip so I've not had much chance to catch up with all the news so my apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

However, I have a few questions.

Are they still able to buy shares?

If not, should we stop our donations?

If not, how will the money be used?

What percentage of the shares does HSL hold. I read that Ronald Gordon owns 70% of the shares. How is the remaining 30% made up.

Greenworld
04-07-2019, 07:02 AM
From what I have read it is business as usual. He apparently embraces what they do and I think they will get help to market what they do to help bring in more. It strikes me this is what the guy strives to do help make all the the segments of the organisation work better and together .

It is plain to see their has never been the appetite for total fan ownership at Hibs and as things stand I think the mix is about right and good for both parties 30% is enough to keep an Eagle eye on what's going on.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Peevemor
04-07-2019, 07:09 AM
I'm away on a golf trip so I've not had much chance to catch up with all the news so my apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

However, I have a few questions.

Are they still able to buy shares?

If not, should we stop our donations?

If not, how will the money be used?

What percentage of the shares does HSL hold. I read that Ronald Gordon owns 70% of the shares. How is the remaining 30% made up.

Is it not nearer 60%, with the other 40% in supporters' hands (split 50/50 between HSL & others)?

I think the continuation of HSL would have been a condition of the sale and would have been taken into account in the negotiations and the eventual price.

Pagan Hibernia
04-07-2019, 07:14 AM

In the press conference Petrie stated that around a third of the shares are in the hands of supporter shareholders.

of this 33%, the majority is with HSL. Their website states they have 18.81% though that probably needs to be updated. Given the recent flurry of activity in the last couple of months and the name on the strip initiative I would expect them to be very nearly at 20% now.

with your other questions we are all still waiting to hear. no one yet knows Gordons plans for HSL.

Caversham Green
04-07-2019, 07:47 AM
I've just done an up to date breakdown. There were share issues issues on 13 May and 25 June both of which I assume went to HSL. These made the percentage holdings:

HFC Holdings (Now in Bydand's hands) 59.97%
HSL 18.82%
Others 21.21%

Pagan Hibernia
04-07-2019, 09:23 AM
I've just done an up to date breakdown. There were share issues issues on 13 May and 25 June both of which I assume went to HSL. These made the percentage holdings:

HSL 18.82%
Others 21.21%

interesting. So Gordon has just under 60%. That’s significantly less than the 68% figures I’ve seen mentioned.

HFC 0-7
04-07-2019, 09:26 AM
interesting. So Gordon has just under 60%. That’s significantly less than the 68% figures I’ve seen mentioned.

Would there have been anyone else owning the ‘other’ shares that may have sold at a he same time as Petrie and farmer?

Peevemor
04-07-2019, 09:31 AM

Unless in return for paying off the debt he effectively bought some of the new shares that were created at the end of 2014 but had remained unsold.

This would have to be registered at Companies House.

greenginger
04-07-2019, 09:35 AM

HSL 18.82%
Others 21.21%

Anyone any ideas as to who are the people behind all those nominee companies that bought quite large chunks of shares that make up a large part of the 21.21 % ?

H18 SFR
04-07-2019, 09:37 AM
Anyone any ideas as to who are the people behind all those nominee companies that bought quite large chunks of shares that make up a large part of the 21.21 % ?

Asked that very question last night. Would love to know.

Caversham Green
04-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Would there have been anyone else owning the ‘other’ shares that may have sold at a he same time as Petrie and farmer?

The others are mainly individuals with some nominee holdings included. It's possible that some or all of the nominees have reverted to RG. I say possible but personally I think it's unlikely and I'd be a bit less comfortable about the whole thing if that was the case.

I'll keep an eye on submissions to Companies House, but we probably won't know for sure until the next confirmation statement.

greenginger
04-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Asked that very question last night. Would love to know.

I guess they would have been positioning themselves for some sort of control and might just be a little p*ssed off now.

H18 SFR
04-07-2019, 09:42 AM
I guess they would have been positioning themselves for some sort of control and might just be a little p*ssed off now.

Might lead to Ron extending his percentage in due course.

Caversham Green
04-07-2019, 09:46 AM

The whole point of nominee holdings is that they don't want people to know who's behind them. That's usually not as sinister as it sounds and it's often the case that the beneficial owners just don't want their names publicised - I've had to do that myself in the past for employment reasons (again, neither as sinister or exciting as it might sound).

I haven't counted them, but I don't think they'd make that much difference if they did revert to RG.

greenginger
04-07-2019, 09:47 AM
Might lead to Ron extending his percentage in due course.

Anyone want to do a few sums and find what % of shares are held by HSL and small shareholders excluding the nominee holdings ?

Peevemor
04-07-2019, 09:48 AM

There are people who bought decent blocks of shares in their own name. For me there are like-minded people (or even businesses) behind the mystery holding companies who prefer to remain anonymous.

Peevemor
04-07-2019, 09:51 AM
The whole point of nominee holdings is that they don't want people to know who's behind them. That's usually not as sinister as it sounds and it's often the case that the beneficial owners just don't want their names publicised - I've had to do that myself in the past for employment reasons (again, neither as sinister or exciting as it might sound).

I haven't counted them, but I don't think they'd make that much difference if they did revert to RG.

It certainly won't have happened yet as word would have got out.

Caversham Green
04-07-2019, 09:53 AM
Anyone want to do a few sums and find what % of shares are held by HSL and small shareholders excluding the nominee holdings ?

I'm out - I value what's left of my sanity too much.

Not In The Know
04-07-2019, 10:25 AM
If its not going to be used to purchase anymore shares it should be rebranded as the "Managers Fund" or summing like that...