PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV poor

Still Smiling
03-07-2019, 07:18 PM
The audio coverage is so bad, had to give up. Surely this should have been tested. Or Am I missing something?

RoxburghHibs
03-07-2019, 07:23 PM
The audio coverage is so bad, had to give up. Surely this should have been tested. Or Am I missing something?

You are missing something.

"unfortunately the audio quality may be poorer than usual as we do not have guaranteed access to an ISDC line - we apologise in advance"

Phil MaGlass
03-07-2019, 07:49 PM
Ron get it sorted:grr:

Still Smiling
03-07-2019, 08:29 PM
Who is the commentator...more excitement at the dentist!
Really poor service.

jacomo
03-07-2019, 08:48 PM
Ron get it sorted:grr:

Given his background, I think he might!

Hibs TV is another area where, if there is a bit of spare cash to invest upfront, the rewards might well come down the line with higher revenues.

h18eeynick
03-07-2019, 09:09 PM
Really poor service.

Joined today as got fed up being kicked off it last year using my sons membership. He lives in Sydney and if he decided at unusual times to log on then I was barred. Good service but commentator very anoying ! My son designed the Hibs.net site so hope you are enjoying

HibeesLA
03-07-2019, 09:20 PM
Joined today as got fed up being kicked off it last year using my sons membership. He lives in Sydney and if he decided at unusual times to log on then I was barred. Good service but commentator very anoying ! My son designed the Hibs.net site so hope you are enjoying

You got fed up being kicked off a service you didn't pay for?

AZhibee
04-07-2019, 01:30 AM

Not unreasonable to share a streaming service with a family member, in this case only one person can use at a time anyway, but your point is valid as well.

Greencore
04-07-2019, 01:47 AM

Nothing wrong with sharing an account here and there. The laddie just wants to be nice to his old man.

California-Hibs
04-07-2019, 05:52 AM
Ron will get us on Fox Sports in no time! 😎😎

HibeesLA
05-07-2019, 12:15 AM
Ron will get us on Fox Sports in no time! 😎😎

It’ll be NBC Sports. He’s still listed in our address book from his time with the Telemundo stations.

California-Hibs
05-07-2019, 01:04 AM
It’ll be NBC Sports. He’s still listed in our address book from his time with the Telemundo stations.

Wouldn't mind us on NBCSN on a Saturday morning all 😎

Viva_Palmeiras
05-07-2019, 04:50 AM
Really poor service.

You’re quite determined to have a pop aren’t you?

Centre Hawf
05-07-2019, 06:41 AM
For those new to Hibs.tv issues like this aren't THAT common and it's not indicative of the HibsTV product as a whole. Every pre-season is the same due to the fact we play friendlies against lower league opposition who just do not invest in these things because they just don't have the need for it. Those who will remember the earlier days of the first Championship season will remember that it was a bit wishy washy on what quality the commentary was, sometimes it was done via a mobile phone by Cliff.

Since being back in the premiership the reliability has improved significantly. Although Home games have been good for years now.

BILLYHIBS
07-07-2019, 07:21 AM
Anyone know who the Irish commentator is on the Dunfermline game?

Is it a new guy?

Is it the Dunfermline guy?

Is it one of Ron’s employees from one of his TV Companies?

Carheenlea
07-07-2019, 07:28 AM
Anyone know who the Irish commentator is on the Dunfermline game?

Is it a new guy?

Is it the Dunfermline guy?

Is it one of Ron’s employees from one of his TV Companies?

He’s been doing it since last season, but his name escapes me. Got into Hibs while studying at University I think.

BILLYHIBS
07-07-2019, 07:56 AM
He’s been doing it since last season, but his name escapes me. Got into Hibs while studying at University I think.

Cheers mate need to review my HIBS TV subscription not watched it for ages :greengrin

SMAXXA
07-07-2019, 08:10 AM
Have to say I watched the highlights and the commentator was pretty crap. Take no satisfaction criticising the guy as im sure he’s trying his best but it wasnt to the standard I’d expect of Hibs TV. Just my opinion which counts for hee haw

Peevemor
07-07-2019, 08:15 AM
Have to say I watched the highlights and the commentator was pretty crap. Take no satisfaction criticising the guy as in sure he’s trying his best but it was to the standard I’d expect of Hibs TV. Just my opinion which counts for hee hawI think he's fine.

Austinho
07-07-2019, 08:20 AM
Have to say I watched the highlights and the commentator was pretty crap. Take no satisfaction criticising the guy as in sure he’s trying his best but it was to the standard I’d expect of Hibs TV. Just my opinion which counts for hee hawFrom the goal highlights I watched, I have to agree unfortunately.

Allant1981
07-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Have to say I watched the highlights and the commentator was pretty crap. Take no satisfaction criticising the guy as im sure he’s trying his best but it wasnt to the standard I’d expect of Hibs TV. Just my opinion which counts for hee haw

Think it was Dave Armstrong yesterday

Unseen work
07-07-2019, 11:17 AM

Have to agree, he was getting players confused constantly.

Called Newell Ryan Moon in the first 5 minutes and then in the second half Newell again had the ball on the left wing and he called him James?

I understand at times it would be hard but I can’t say Iv ever watched a hibs game and not known who was on the ball, you could at least make a educated guess based on where they are on the pitch.

7-Heaven
07-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Where's Cliff Pike? Hopefully just on holiday

malcolm
07-07-2019, 09:14 PM
Have to agree, he was getting players confused constantly.

Called Newell Ryan Moon in the first 5 minutes and then in the second half Newell again had the ball on the left wing and he called him James?

I understand at times it would be hard but I can’t say Iv ever watched a hibs game and not known who was on the ball, you could at least make a educated guess based on where they are on the pitch.

For the Arbroath game when he came on he kept referring to Moon as ‘Omar’ Sadiki which given the former is a forward and the latter a centre half with a different forename was quite humorous. I just assume he is like the fabulously enthusiastic Cliff, ostensibly sometimes in need of spectacles :greengrin

It is a volunteer approach which I don’t mind, though as I’m paying for a subscription it is a bit odd when stuff goes out first on social media. Also there were no interviews post match yesterday and it was only in the ParsTV highlights that I saw the scorer of the pars goal give a sad 5 -1 celebration :na na:

Peevemor
08-07-2019, 05:31 PM
It should be remembered that the Hibs TV commentators are unpaid volunteers (that's my understanding anyway). This means that the service remains very reasonably price.

Dave Armstrong recently and very bravely posted a video on Facebook to share his experience of suffering from depression and explaining that at times he's had some very dark thoughts indeed.

Try to remember that these are real people, giving it their all to provide us with a service, before twisting the knife too much.

The Green Goblin
08-07-2019, 05:38 PM
It should be remembered that the Hibs TV commentators are unpaid volunteers (that's my understanding anyway). This means that the service remains very reasonably price.

Dave Armstrong recently and very bravely posted a video on Facebook to share his experience of suffering from depression and explaining that at times he's had some very dark thoughts indeed.

Try to remember that these are real people, giving it their all to provide us with a service, before twisting the knife too much.

Agree with this. Too many people far too quick to stick the boot in, and to our own too. That’s about as poor as it gets. I was a Hibs TV subscriber, and a subscriber to the service before that from about 1999, and I just don’t know what I would have done without it over the many years I lived overseas. Absolutely brilliant service run by top people.

Power
08-07-2019, 05:48 PM

Absolutely spot on.

BILLYHIBS
08-07-2019, 09:04 PM

This!

The guy was fine!

The regular guy was getting the new players confused which is understandable in the circumstances

No one expects Match of the Day just decent informative coverage with a strong HIBS bias 😁

Viva_Palmeiras
09-07-2019, 05:25 AM
This!

The guy was fine!

The regular guy was getting the new players confused which is understandable in the circumstances

No one expects Match of the Day just decent informative coverage with a strong HIBS bias 😁

Perhaps they should have a 3-5 min slot for folks that think it’s so simple my gran could commentate - she doesn’t even like football, was blind and been deid 5 years. Might unearth some new talent or getting folks to reflect on the challenge - share how much of a challenge it was.

DetroitHibs
09-07-2019, 05:32 AM
I rely heavily on Hibs Tv for my fix living overseas. I think it’s a great service, but does have one or two flaws, nothing wrong with striving for perfection. Over the piece it’s a 9/10 service. Cliffs a good laugh, gets a bit muddled at times, but he’s a passionate Hibby and that’s what counts. A lot of the time I’m not up to watch the game and avoid the score and here until I watch the full game later on. They also do a great job of not showing the score, which was ruin that option.

BILLYHIBS
09-07-2019, 05:54 AM
Perhaps they should have a 3-5 min slot for folks that think it’s so simple my gran could commentate - she doesn’t even like football, was blind and been deid 5 years. Might unearth some new talent or getting folks to reflect on the challenge - share how much of a challenge it was.

No one said it was easy the guys are trying their best and deserve respect

I personally think they do a great job

I think they should beam all HIBS games live to subscribers within the UK but due to copyright the football leagues and TV companies it won’t be happening anytime soon

I daresay if we had any young up and coming David Franceys amongst the HIBS support they could apply for an audition or volunteer to help out in other areas to gain valuable experience

SMAXXA
09-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Game on Hibs TV tonight?

h18eeynick
09-07-2019, 03:31 PM
Game on Hibs TV tonight?

On official Hibs site now confirming audio coverage from 7.35 pm