PDA

View Full Version : Tickets An Evening With Pat Stanton

Hermit Crab
03-07-2019, 01:38 PM
Tickets on sale now for the Usher Hall, 7th September.

Special guests include Sir Alex Ferguson, Gordon Strachan and Steve Archibald and many other former players.

http://www.usherhall.co.uk/whats-on/evening-pat-stanton-75-years

brog
03-07-2019, 01:42 PM
Aaaaaaargh! I'm away. I still have programme from Pat's testimonial dinner signed by Pat & many other luminaries, including strangely, Medals Mackay!

Frazerbob
04-07-2019, 08:43 AM
Tickets are pretty steep, especially with virtually no info on the what the night entails.

southsider
04-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Tickets are pretty steep, especially with virtually no info on the what the night entails.
Its a 'This is you life ' style special on PS from both his playing and management days. Lots of ex-players including former Hibs team mates and the likes of Steve Archibald and Alex Ferguson.

Hibernia&Alba
04-07-2019, 09:00 AM
Sounds a great night with Saint Patrick, and in support of a terrific cause. Fergie there too. Very tempted by this.

Leith's finest
04-07-2019, 09:20 AM
Legend at er, I seen him a few year ago speaking at a sportsmans dinner, most of the time he was just reading from a bit paper and did not come across very well, he looked very nervous, but after the speeches he was brilliant after it, speaking and posing for photos etc.
This was about 10 year ago joe cammy, willie henderson and scott glynn were the other speakers

Hermit Crab
04-07-2019, 09:59 AM

I agree, Not a single ticket has been sold in the upper circle and they are the cheapest available.

superfurryhibby
04-07-2019, 11:36 AM
Cheapest ticket is £38.50-dearest is £55.00.

No chance I'm paying that. It's for a good cause etc, but it's very pricey.

Oscar T Grouch
04-07-2019, 11:49 AM
Cannae afford it at the moment, will see nearer the time as I fancy going along. For those who think it is too expensive, it is a charity night, they know they'll not pack out the Usher Hall so the tickets need to cover all expensive and leave a good bit for CCLASP. You get to go see one of the greatest Hibbies ever along with some really famous faces from football. Going to see the Pixies in the Usher Hall later that month, so it would be great to fit this in too.

HH81
04-07-2019, 11:52 AM
Sounds good, any reason why Hibs are not playing that day?

Would have been good to go to game and this at night.

Billy Whizz
04-07-2019, 12:02 PM

It’s international weekend

southsider
04-07-2019, 12:03 PM

Scotland are playing Russia at Hampden the evening before so fixtures cacelled.

Itsnoteasy
04-07-2019, 12:09 PM
Cannae afford it at the moment, will see nearer the time as I fancy going along. For those who think it is too expensive, it is a charity night, they know they'll not pack out the Usher Hall so the tickets need to cover all expensive and leave a good bit for CCLASP. You get to go see one of the greatest Hibbies ever along with some really famous faces from football. Going to see the Pixies in the Usher Hall later that month, so it would be great to fit this in too.

So if that is why tickets are so expensive have it at a smaller venue & charge reasonable rates.

Hermit Crab
04-07-2019, 12:45 PM
This isn't just aimed at Hibs fans, its for all football fans across the country. The show is to do with 75 years of Niddrie as well. £38 is worth it for Pat, Strachan and Sir Alex

DaveF
04-07-2019, 12:48 PM
This isn't just aimed at Hibs fans, its for all football fans across the country. The show is to do with 75 years of Niddrie as well. £38 is worth it for Pat, Strachan and Sir Alex

75 years of Niddrie will be interesting :-) but I always thought Pat Stanton was a Craigmillar native.

southsider
04-07-2019, 12:51 PM
So if that is why tickets are so expensive have it at a smaller venue & charge reasonable rates.
I wouldn't say the tickets are expensive. Tickets for a gig are now about £50 and the Tickets for the Eagles at the Hydro start at £130. Its PAT STANTON for God's sake. I am 60 and the greatest Hibs player I have ever seen.

Hermit Crab
04-07-2019, 12:52 PM
75 years of Niddrie will be interesting :-) but I always thought Pat Stanton was a Craigmillar native.

I'm just going by what is on the Usher Hall website.

Hermit Crab
04-07-2019, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't say the tickets are expensive. Tickets for a gig are now about £50 and the Tickets for the Eagles at the Hydro start at £130. Its PAT STANTON for God's sake. I am 60 and the greatest Hibs player I have ever seen.

Agree, I'm sending my old man with my ma and he's 63, he doesn't know yet, can't wait to see his face when I give him the tickets.

Great early Xmas present.

Oscar T Grouch
04-07-2019, 01:36 PM

I think they'll sell quite a few seats. The problem with Edinburgh, like most fans of live music will know is there are no good medium sized venues in Edinburgh. It is better in this situation to use a bigger venue so no one is disappointed. I think the prices are reasonable for what is on offer. I paid about the same for the Pixies tickets and while I am sure I will really enjoy that gig, it won't give me the same warm feeling inside as celebrating Pat Stanton's 75th Birthday with a load of ex Hibees and SAF in attendance. Pat shares my mum's birthday too and it would have been her 70th this year, she knew Pat through her business so I'll use the night to celebrate them both.

wpj
04-07-2019, 08:38 PM
I knew Pat in the 80s, well I drank in his pub in Joppa and we chatted all things Hibs. I moved away and a few months later a car pulled up beside me near Prestonfield golf club, it was Pat asking how I was and catching up on the months we hadn't seen each other. I was starstruck all over again. Mr Hibs. I would love to be there and would pay whatever to be there, legend is an overused word but for Pat Stanton it is justified.

Hermit Crab
04-07-2019, 08:54 PM
To be honest I thought a lot on here would be all over this!

Itsnoteasy
04-07-2019, 10:01 PM
I think they'll sell quite a few seats. The problem with Edinburgh, like most fans of live music will know is there are no good medium sized venues in Edinburgh. It is better in this situation to use a bigger venue so no one is disappointed. I think the prices are reasonable for what is on offer. I paid about the same for the Pixies tickets and while I am sure I will really enjoy that gig, it won't give me the same warm feeling inside as celebrating Pat Stanton's 75th Birthday with a load of ex Hibees and SAF in attendance. Pat shares my mum's birthday too and it would have been her 70th this year, she knew Pat through her business so I'll use the night to celebrate them both.

There are a few venues that hold a good bit less than Usher Hall.

EICC, Kings Theatre & Corn Exchange all have a lesser capacity than the Usher Hall.

It's not a music venue they are looking for.

Also there is no information on the evening. It could last 90 mins.

Cod Boy
04-07-2019, 10:08 PM
Bought tickets for my dad and myself Pat is my dads hero should be a cracking night.

green with envy
04-07-2019, 10:22 PM
To be honest I thought a lot on here would be all over this!

I think there's a few on this thread who have gave valid reasons as to why there isn't.

Sir David Gray
04-07-2019, 10:28 PM
I actually don't think the tickets are that expensive, given who is turning up.

Sir Alex Ferguson alone is a huge name.

Hermit Crab
04-07-2019, 10:28 PM
Bought tickets for my dad and myself Pat is my dads hero should be a cracking night.

:aok:

Frazerbob
04-07-2019, 11:47 PM

What is Sir Alex doing on the night?

Stantons Angel
05-07-2019, 12:33 AM

Go watch the National Team play and go to the event in the evening. two worlds will make a great day/night out for you.

Stantons Angel
05-07-2019, 12:54 AM

How much do you think would be reasonable to pay to go along and celebrate "God's" 75th Birthday?

This is an evening for all Hibs supporters and any one else who admired a real footballing hero. This guy led a team of footballers on and off the park, he was an inspiration to all.

He has lived and breathed Hibs all his life and still does. He epitimises Hibs and and other stars from past football teams will come along to praise him. Tell stories of their times together which should be interesting from any football supporters point of view.

The night is to raise monies for two worthy causes for children who have or are fighting Cancer and the other is for Children with Brain Damage. Money means nothing to them but it helps give them a better standard of life, If you get my jist? None of the money is going to Pat it will be split between the two charities. All who want to pay for a ticket and can will have a great night out and hopefully come out with a smile on their face.

The size of the hall etc means nothing its the generousity of those attending thats all it is. I realise its a busy time of year with holidays and new season tickets to pay for and i hope there is a great crowd attending to see it happen.

Im biased i know but this is Pat Stanton we are talking about imo the best player i have seen in a green and white shirt. Go along and see the guests and you never know you might enjoy it!

Stantons Angel
05-07-2019, 12:56 AM

Brilliant thing to do!

Your dad will be so pleased with the gift and i hope he enjoys the night.

calumhibee1
05-07-2019, 11:01 AM

Likewise. The cheaper tickets especially don’t seem that badly priced to me.

Oscar T Grouch
05-07-2019, 11:29 AM
There are a few venues that hold a good bit less than Usher Hall.

EICC, Kings Theatre & Corn Exchange all have a lesser capacity than the Usher Hall.

It's not a music venue they are looking for.

Also there is no information on the evening. It could last 90 mins.

You realise this was probably discussed at the time they organised this? From experience I would think EICC is more expensive than the Usher Hall, The Kings has something on that weekend, the Corn Exchange is a horrible place, especially for a gig like this. I really don't get your angle on this, it is like you think no one thought about this and just booked the Usher Hall. Like I said this will be a well attended event but probably not capacity. Using the Usher Hall means there won't be anyone turned away, using a smaller venue may result in this.

What information are you looking for? The event is self explanatory, do you want a rundown of all speakers, how long they are going to talk for and when they are going for a piss? The event has advertised the main guests that will be there and says there will be many many more. I would imagine an event like this is at least 2 hours long, probably will run over time as it is Pat Stanton, and everyone loves Pat and will want to talk about him for ages. The easy thing to do is if you don't like the prices, don't go. If you don't think the venue is suitable, then don't go. If you need a full itinerary for the night before you buy a ticket, contact the venue and ask. :aok:

Tom Hart RIP
05-07-2019, 11:32 AM
Perfect. The wife has been asking what I want for 60th birthday and I had no idea. I do now. Can’t wait and it’s for great causes. Ggtth

A Hi-Bee
05-07-2019, 11:52 AM
Pat is the finest player in the many years of watching Hibs that I have seen and anything that helps this man has to be a good thing, he is Mr Hibs from the playing side of things.

Cod Boy
05-07-2019, 12:58 PM
Brilliant thing to do!

Your dad will be so pleased with the gift and i hope he enjoys the night.

Thanks Janette