PDA

View Full Version : McNulty

ekhibee
03-07-2019, 09:01 AM
I was just wondering, at 1 of his recent interviews Heck said that he hadn't given up hope of getting McNulty back, he might at that time have known that the takeover was underway, but do you think he'll now consider signing McNulty? Not sure what Reading would want, I just wondered what peoples thoughts were on the matter.

Hibernian32
03-07-2019, 09:15 AM
I'd take him obviously but at what cost?
I'm crying out for a diamond of a CDM over anything atm.

hfc rd
03-07-2019, 12:14 PM
Media reports have stated Reading want roundabout £1M for McNulty

CRAZYHIBBY
03-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Id rather spend 1 million else where. Hes a good player but a million pound striker shouldnt be missing some of the chances hes had

madhatter
03-07-2019, 12:22 PM
I hope we don't spend anywhere near £1m on McNulty. He isn't worth it. He did well but not enough to justify becoming our most expensive signing.

He was awful towards the end of the season as well. Honestly in some games it could've been McNulty or Kamberi that got subbed.

Keep improving the training centre and develop best academy in Scotland. Do not blow £1m on a player that could still prove to be a flop.

BILLYHIBS
03-07-2019, 12:23 PM
Id rather spend 1 million else where. Hes a good player but a million pound striker shouldnt be missing some of the chances hes had
Especially penalties against them at Easter Road

Dearie me!

J-C
03-07-2019, 12:28 PM
£250k max is all I'd pay, did ok last season and is unwanted at Reading, he's desperate to come back but not at silly prices.

sambajustice
03-07-2019, 12:31 PM
£1m is chicken feed for us these days. Buy him. Good player to bring on for the last 10 if we need a goal.

Once we start going deep in euro comps whilst challenging for the league we'll need a bigger squad!!!

bingo70
03-07-2019, 12:32 PM
I hope we don't spend anywhere near £1m on McNulty. He isn't worth it. He did well but not enough to justify becoming our most expensive signing.

He was awful towards the end of the season as well. Honestly in some games it could've been McNulty or Kamberi that got subbed.

Keep improving the training centre and develop best academy in Scotland. Do not blow £1m on a player that could still prove to be a flop.

He didn’t just become a poor player towards the end of the season. He suffered from the same fate as McLaren, Kamberi and probably to a lesser extent Shaw, we stopped creating chances for him.

Create chances for him and he will score, ask him to be the greater ofnhis own chances and score the goals and he’ll struggle.

I can understand why the enthusiasm for him signing has gone a bit but with Allan coming back I think he’d score plenty next season.

GreenArmy1875
03-07-2019, 12:33 PM
McNulty also wasnt 100 percent fit as he hadnt played at Reading. I think he would be a brilliant signing but as others have said only at the right price

Franck Stanton
03-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Not gonna get him for £250k imo Reading paid £1 m for him and are already on record they want to recoup as much back. IF we seriously want him it'll be somewhere between £500k - £750k ( not worth the upper level,however £500k fair price imo)
As an aside, where does it state we only have 1m to spend on players ? Reports a 7 figure sum, (could be anything up to £10m) and sure I read the figure of £6m investment.
Don't know how reliable info s but was told that both clubs had provisionally agreed transfer fee of £700k in Jan.

madhatter
03-07-2019, 12:41 PM
He didn’t just become a poor player towards the end of the season. He suffered from the same fate as McLaren, Kamberi and probably to a lesser extent Shaw, we stopped creating chances for him.

Create chances for him and he will score, ask him to be the greater ofnhis own chances and score the goals and he’ll struggle.

I can understand why the enthusiasm for him signing has gone a bit but with Allan coming back I think he’d score plenty next season.

Still never worth a £1m. He's good but to break our spending record for him...

The 90+2
03-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Not gonna get him for £250k imo Reading paid £1 m for him and are already on record they want to recoup as much back. IF we seriously want him it'll be somewhere between £500k - £750k ( not worth the upper level,however £500k fair price imo)
As an aside, where does it state we only have 1m to spend on players ? Reports a 7 figure sum, could be anything up to £10m and sure I read the figure of £6m investment.

Reading want him off the books. They aren’t going to get anywhere near £500k for him never mind £1m. He’s being treated like ***** (again) with other players they want rid of. The issue is the long contract they gave him.

Franck Stanton
03-07-2019, 12:45 PM
Reading want him off the books. They aren’t going to get anywhere near £500k for him never mind £1m. He’s being treated like ***** (again) with other players they want rid of. The issue is the long contract they gave him.

Could well be right, time will tell.

KWJ
03-07-2019, 12:50 PM

I hear what you're saying but I'm more enthused about the return of Kamberi with Allan returning. I think he has more upside than McNulty especially if we throw big money at him.

Give Kamberi, Doidge and Shaw at least towards the end of the transfer window to show what they can do before finding the need to bring someone else in. Someone you'd like to think we'd already be well aware of. Big season for both Flo and Oli.

Since452
03-07-2019, 01:19 PM
I hear what you're saying but I'm more enthused about the return of Kamberi with Allan returning. I think he has more upside than McNulty especially if we throw big money at him.

Give Kamberi, Doidge and Shaw at least towards the end of the transfer window to show what they can do before finding the need to bring someone else in. Someone you'd like to think we'd already be well aware of. Big season for both Flo and Oli.

If we end up with Kamberi carrying Doidge I'd be concerned as he struggled to carry himself last season and i don't think Shaw is good enough (my opinion). Doidge is untried at this level so i really think we need another striker in. McNulty ticks the boxes if we can afford him.

craigiehibs
03-07-2019, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=Since452;5831294]If we end up with Kamberi carrying Doidge I'd be concerned as he struggled to carry himself last season and i don't think Shaw is good enough (my opinion). Doidge is untried at this level so i really think we need another striker in. McNulty ticks the boxes if we can afford him.[/QUOT

shaw is set to go out on loan

04Sauzee
03-07-2019, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=Since452;5831294]If we end up with Kamberi carrying Doidge I'd be concerned as he struggled to carry himself last season and i don't think Shaw is good enough (my opinion). Doidge is untried at this level so i really think we need another striker in. McNulty ticks the boxes if we can afford him.[/QUOT

shaw is set to go out on loan

Your belief or something you know?
Should he go out on loan it really needs to be a top championship team or lower level Premier league team.

Also if he goes we really do need to get a forward in pronto

Diclonius
03-07-2019, 02:18 PM
Media reports have stated Reading want roundabout £1M for McNulty

Reading can piss off then.

craigiehibs
03-07-2019, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=04Sauzee;5831342][QUOTE=craigiehibs;5831337]

Should he go out on loan it really needs to be a top championship team or lower level Premier league team.

Also if he goes we really do need to get a forward in pronto[/QUOT

what ive been told. dont know to who yet

JeMeSouviens
03-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Heckers hibs tv interview last week:

https://youtu.be/nYSZ7FkbUdo?t=105

No way paying what Reading are asking. If an opportunity for a loan comes later we'll try and get him.

Aldo
03-07-2019, 02:43 PM

Sorry but if we go into the season With Doidge, Flo and Shaw we will struggle imho.

Shaw is not the answer for me and whilst he is talented I don’t think he’s what we need to take us to the next level! Flo needs to up guys game too. We need at least 1 more striker and if Flo or Shaw leave 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PH91
03-07-2019, 05:14 PM
Sorry but if we go into the season With Doidge, Flo and Shaw we will struggle imho.

Shaw is not the answer for me and whilst he is talented I don’t think he’s what we need to take us to the next level! Flo needs to up guys game too. We need at least 1 more striker and if Flo or Shaw leave 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely, we started last season with kamberi, maclaren and shaw and were well short. Another striker/forward is required.

ancient hibee
03-07-2019, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=04Sauzee;5831342][QUOTE=craigiehibs;5831337]

Also if he goes we really do need to get a forward in pronto[/QUOT

what ive been told. dont know to who yet

Think someone is having you on.Much better for him to be here playing with good players and against good defenders to improve his game.

ScottB
03-07-2019, 06:28 PM
Ultimately, Reading can say they want whatever they want for him, he’s only worth whatever a club is willing to give them.

Then it’s a case of if taking a lower fee is better than him benchwarming and / or going out on loan till he eventually leaves for even less / nothing. Not sure what Reading are paying him, but presumably enough that keeping him sat on the bench for two years would cost more than taking half a million for him now...