PDA

View Full Version : Auction Takeover question(s) for fans reps

Bostonhibby
03-07-2019, 08:20 AM
To ensure that ER remains our home forever and to finally protect the club from ever facing a Mercer style obliteration again, would the owner be open to transferring shares in the pitch to the Hibernian community in perpetuity?

For example to HSl or to the Hibs supporters association, I favour the latter but am sure there's other ways.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
03-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Unbelievable.

Jones28
03-07-2019, 08:59 AM
Unbelievable.

It sounds extreme but it would be a great token gesture from Ron, sell the pitch to HSL for £1 or something.

I still think there's a lot a sceptical Hibs fans petrified of a return to 1990, albeit the circumstances are so different now.

FWIW I don't think there's any reason to be worried, the guy seems genuine and has great connections.

WhileTheChief..
03-07-2019, 09:04 AM
He’s just in the door having spent millions and from day one we want him to give a chunk of the club away??!!

FFS man. How about a bit of trust in STF selling to a decent chap.

norhfc
03-07-2019, 09:07 AM
Fair point, many of us older fans are concerned with a change of owner and have good reason to be. Some sort of gesture would be much appreciated.
In saying that I am pretty confident TF has chosen a fit and proper person to take over, excited for the future.

Onion
03-07-2019, 09:23 AM
Fact is nobody knows this guy and all we can do is judge him by his actions, not his words. Reasonable for fans to be looking for early signs of integrity and good intentions as reassurance. Far too many shysters have bought and ruined football clubs. Blind faith is plain daft.

Peevemor
03-07-2019, 09:31 AM
Fact is nobody knows this guy and all we can do is judge him by his actions, not his words. Reasonable for fans to be looking for early signs of integrity and good intentions as reassurance. Far too many shysters have bought and ruined football clubs. Blind faith is plain daft.

Spot on.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-07-2019, 09:33 AM
Here we go 🙄

MyJo
03-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Don’t see why he would transfer shares like that.

HSL and other fan shareholders own approximately 30% of the club, I believe, which now includes both the stadium and training centre.

If the HSL scheme continues under the new owner and we still have the opportunity to increase our ownership share via HSL then more contributions to them will both protect the club and stadium from mismanagement and increase the amount of money available to be invested into the team.

Surely that’s the best way to go about it rather than relying on anyone’s generosity or good intentions.

Peevemor
03-07-2019, 09:49 AM
No point.

If things go tits up somebody could build plenty flats in place of the stands, with a ready made green space in the middle (which somebody else would be liable to maintain).

WhileTheChief..
03-07-2019, 09:51 AM

Blind faith by whom?

I think pretty much everyone trusts STF, certainly going by the threads on here. Can't we just accept his judgement??

We're already looking to find fault with the guy by the looks of it. It sucks.

You want a sign of good intentions? He's just given a chunk of land and the ticket office to the club.

Now some of you want him to give some of the club over to HSL??? That's gratitude eh!!

tonyrougier123
03-07-2019, 09:57 AM
Blind faith by whom?

I think pretty much everyone trusts STF, certainly going by the threads on here. Can't we just accept his judgement??

We're already looking to find fault with the guy by the looks of it. It sucks.

You want a sign of good intentions? He's just given a chunk of land and the ticket office to the club.

Now some of you want him to give some of the club over to HSL??? That's gratitude eh!!
When he starts sacking board members willy nilly,and managers challenging for titles and replacing them with puppets.or picking the team......or even wanting to be picked for the team.
Maybe then some need to be wary until then calm doon and enjoy whats an amazing event for our club.

villager
03-07-2019, 10:00 AM
I think it natural that fans will want direct assurances about the clubs future security. The generation who lived through FTB's takeover likely prioritise living within our (new) means over a spending spree with no indication as to where the money is coming from and if it will need repaid.

Future security for me is assumed with this deal thanks to STF/RP making it a big a part of their sale criteria over the years. For me there is trust at this stage and In time i'd appreciate some clarification, two things, is there a short term plan to use the clubs assets to borrow for funding this takeover/ investment project? Does the new parent company have any other shareholders other than Ron Gordon, i.e Archie Paton, other companies or family?

The Op's suggestion of selling the pitch may be a bit of a reach to a new owner, does anyone know what the HSL share percentage is that we could stop any potential future club property assets being misused legaly? If we targeted that we would be supporting the new regime whilst achieving piece of mind. Whats not to like about that for all concerned?

Bostonhibby
03-07-2019, 01:01 PM
Unbelievable.Which part?

Pagan Hibernia
03-07-2019, 01:09 PM
He’s just in the door having spent millions and from day one we want him to give a chunk of the club away??!!

FFS man. How about a bit of trust in STF selling to a decent chap.

wouldnt football be great if everybody could just trust everybody... unfortunately history is littered with fans who put their trust in the wrong people.

no one is suggesting this guy doesn’t have honorable intentions. But because of 1990, and many many other cases at other clubs since, I’ll remain vigilant

ancient hibee
03-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Which part?

Of the pitch?I want a share of the Dunbar end penalty area please Mr.Gordon.

Power
03-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Some good points on here from both sides of the fence (where that fence is pitched I dinny ken).

It sounds reasonable to ask for assurances or a gesture given the scars.

It’s valid to point out that HTC and TO have transferred to the club - including investment capital put in.

I’ve been watching and reading all the media outputs from my sun lounger. Couple of notable points about Easter Road itself being important and integral direct fae Ron.

Ron - “Hibernian will always be Sir Tom’s club and Easter Road will always be his home.”

Stadium being part of his plans? “Oh yes, it’s a wonderful home for the club and I think we can do some things to Easter Road that can improve it. That’s what we’re going to do over the next few months and perhaps this year. Looking at areas that can help take it up a notch”.

Let me mull this over.

Hermit Crab
03-07-2019, 02:23 PM
Some good points on here from both sides of the fence (where that fence is pitched I dinny ken).

It sounds reasonable to ask for assurances or a gesture given the scars.

It’s valid to point out that HTC and TO have transferred to the club - including investment capital put in.

I’ve been watching and reading all the media outputs from my sun lounger. Couple of notable points about Easter Road itself being important and integral direct fae Ron.

Ron - “Hibernian will always be Sir Tom’s club and Easter Road will always be his home.”

Stadium being part of his plans? “Oh yes, it’s a wonderful home for the club and I think we can do some things to Easter Road that can improve it. That’s what we’re going to do over the next few months and perhaps this year. Looking at areas that can help take it up a notch”.

Let me mull this over.

Safe Standing! :aok:

Frazerbob
03-07-2019, 03:04 PM

You don’t think STF, who has said for many years that the club is for sale but only to the right person, has done his due diligence?

southfieldhibby
03-07-2019, 03:09 PM
https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1146419796990418944?s=20

Ozyhibby
03-07-2019, 03:14 PM
HSL and the individual fan shareholders have enough shares in the club to prevent the stadium being put at risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
03-07-2019, 03:49 PM
I'm generally positive about the takeover. Thus far I've heard a lot of good things and, albeit it's early days, there has been nothing said or done to raise alarm.

Equally I can see why those who lived through the whole Mercer affair carry a sense of slight trepidation. I'm absolutely not suggesting we hound the new owner demanding gestures or giveaways but a bit of healthy skepticism will go a long way. It wasn't so long ago we derided derided the majority of Hearts fans for opening their wallets then clapping like trained seals every time 'Mr Romanov' came calling. As it stands the situations are night and day but I'd like to think we can avoid the 'he's done this, that or the other so shut up' attitude as much as the 'give us this, that or the other or we'll desperately try to slander you' attitude at the other end of the spectrum.

Lago
03-07-2019, 04:05 PM

That's not strictly true, Sir Tom Farmer & Rod Petrie have been in discussions with him since Christmas. I would hope in that in 6 months they alongawithLeeAnn would have fair understanding of the guy.

Kato
03-07-2019, 04:25 PM
HSL and the individual fan shareholders have enough shares in the club to prevent the stadium being put at risk.

Thought process of those who are paranoid on reading the above......

"....canny be, dinny understand, ignore this and let's get back to picking holes in the deal...."

The 90+2
03-07-2019, 04:27 PM
How long is the contract with the catering we have in place? Get it in house pronto.

Bostonhibby
03-07-2019, 05:42 PM
I'm coming back on this one to say the thread title was intended for fans to get across any question, however bizarre anyone else might think they are.

On this issue we've understandably not been given a chance to ask anything about how the reality under Sir Tom and RP has changed.

We've got 2 right good fans reps and as .net remains my go to place for all things Hibs, I thought why not offer up the chance to stick a few questions in the same place. The clues in the title.

Wasn't looking for answers, put downs or just gasps from anywhere nor was I looking to answer, comment on or disrespect why someone might ask what they do.

For my sins I've been a STF admirer for decades and have come to respect Petrie a lot over the years, they kept us secure, and more. Time's proven that in my view. Hibs are constant for me, owners come and go and I want to keep it that way.

My question to the board was a bit of a leading one since outwith HSl I see this sort of arrangement as next best means of opening up a good discussion with what is now a well placed owner. Versions exist depending on the majority shareholders views.

Nearly 4 decades in business, 2 stints as a director (technical not financial) taught me that the more secured the investment is the more questions it's reasonable to ask.

For what it's worth I believe the deal's a good one even if all the actual assets are secured in one place.

Ron telling HSL to carry on at the same terms is something I'd welcome (point well made by OZhibby above if the companies share position remains exactly the same going forward).

At this moment I'm not aware of the entire cash price paid for overall ownership or the agreed value of the combined assets he is now secured over but it's no big deal right now and been well covered on PM board.

More power to Ron if he's standing by the price HSL buy at, and the volume available to them.

Where's Cropleywasgod when you need him?

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
03-07-2019, 05:43 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji106]

Power
03-07-2019, 06:07 PM
I'm coming back on this one to say the thread title was intended for fans to get across any question, however bizarre anyone else might think they are.

On this issue we've understandably not been given a chance to ask anything about how the reality under Sir Tom and RP has changed.

We've got 2 right good fans reps and as .net remains my go to place for all things Hibs, I thought why not offer up the chance to stick a few questions in the same place. The clues in the title.

Wasn't looking for answers, put downs or just gasps from anywhere nor was I looking to answer, comment on or disrespect why someone might ask what they do.

For my sins I've been a STF admirer for decades and have come to respect Petrie a lot over the years, they kept us secure, and more. Time's proven that in my view. Hibs are constant for me, owners come and go and I want to keep it that way.

My question to the board was a bit of a leading one since outwith HSl I see this sort of arrangement as next best means of opening up a good discussion with what is now a well placed owner. Versions exist depending on the majority shareholders views.

Nearly 4 decades in business, 2 stints as a director (technical not financial) taught me that the more secured the investment is the more questions it's reasonable to ask.

For what it's worth I believe the deal's a good one even if all the actual assets are secured in one place.

Ron telling HSL to carry on at the same terms is something I'd welcome (point well made by OZhibby above if the companies share position remains exactly the same going forward).

At this moment I'm not aware of the entire cash price paid for overall ownership or the agreed value of the combined assets he is now secured over but it's no big deal right now and been well covered on PM board.

More power to Ron if he's standing by the price HSL buy at, and the volume available to them.

Where's Cropleywasgod when you need him?

GGTTH

Hearing ye K. My task is to try to find those comforts, promote positivity but lead constructive criticism too.?See what I can do and where I can be creative on this.

The Hibernian rollercoaster is something we all enjoy and dinny want to stop any time soon.

Bostonhibby
03-07-2019, 06:17 PM
Hearing ye K. My task is to try to find those comforts, promote positivity but lead constructive criticism too.?See what I can do and where I can be creative on this.

The Hibernian rollercoaster is something we all enjoy and dinny want to stop any time soon.Who said anything about getting off?[emoji6]

You're as daft as I am on the subject, and all those years ahead of you!

WhileTheChief..
03-07-2019, 06:46 PM
I should probably apologies for my first comment to you.

I’d been reading some guff on Twitter at the same time then read your thread and jumped right in.

Still think it’s a naff idea mind!

SunshineOnLeith
03-07-2019, 06:53 PM
https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1146419796990418944?s=20

As you've been told on the other thread, this is absolute garbage.

Crack on, though.

Bostonhibby
03-07-2019, 10:03 PM
I should probably apologies for my first comment to you.

I’d been reading some guff on Twitter at the same time then read your thread and jumped right in.

Still think it’s a naff idea mind![emoji106] life's too short, we've had more good than bad exchanges down the years...