PDA

View Full Version : Emotional day in our history

02-07-2019, 08:05 PM
With Sir Tom and Mr Petrie leaving the club and a new man coming in the take the reigns we see the end of a massive era in this clubs history but the start of a new exciting one.

Sir Tom Farmer stepped in 28 years ago when we were on our knees, in the clutches of Mercer and his cronies and the outlook was looking very bleak for us hibees. He saved the club and has continued to help us out ever since. There are simply no words to describe how much gratitude we owe this man. He left as he always promised he would - handing the club over in a healthy position to someone he trusts to take the reigns.

Rod Petrie, also a man we owe a lot to. We've had our ups and downs with him but he has been a loyal servant to the club and he kept us in a healthy position, never in danger of heading down the same path as our neighbours or the Govan mob.

An emotional farewell to them both but they have left a lasting legacy and have paved the way for a new adventure for us.

Stuart93
02-07-2019, 08:11 PM
With Sir Tom and Mr Petrie leaving the club and a new man coming in the take the reigns we see the end of a massive era in this clubs history but the start of a new exciting one.

Sir Tom Farmer stepped in 28 years ago when we were on our knees, in the clutches of Mercer and his cronies and the outlook was looking very bleak for us hibees. He saved the club and has continued to help us out ever since. There are simply no words to describe how much gratitude we owe this man. He left as he always promised he would - handing the club over in a healthy position to someone he trusts to take the reigns.

Rod Petrie, also a man we owe a lot to. We've had our ups and downs with him but he has been a loyal servant to the club and he kept us in a healthy position, never in danger of heading down the same path as our neighbours or the Govan mob.

An emotional farewell to them both but they have left a lasting legacy and have paved the way for a new adventure for us.

It’s funny eh

Didn’t feel like I’d miss them

Miss is maybe the wrong word but I know what I mean

Edit I say them kind of mean Petrie

Jones28
02-07-2019, 08:22 PM
A bonkers day, hopefully one of many more to come!