PDA

View Full Version : Nine acres

Alan62
02-07-2019, 04:58 PM
Quite interesting that the Club's official press release this morning indicated that 15 acres of the Hibernian Training Centre site had been transferred into the Club's ownership. It's a 24 acre site. Presumably some of the land has been retained by HFC Holdings for future development.

CapitalGreen
02-07-2019, 05:03 PM
Quite interesting that the Club's official press release this morning indicated that 15 acres of the Hibernian Training Centre site had been transferred into the Club's ownership. It's a 24 acre site. Presumably some of the land has been retained by HFC Holdings for future development.

The other 9 acres was already owned by the club.

Alan62
02-07-2019, 05:04 PM
Well, there you go. Even better!

greenginger
02-07-2019, 05:05 PM
Or is it not the case that the 9 acres that makes up the training centre is already in the football club's name and this 15 acre transfer is the balance of the East Mains property.

Billy Whizz
02-07-2019, 05:07 PM
Or is it not the case that the 9 acres that makes up the training centre is already in the football club's name and this 15 acre transfer is the balance of the East Mains property.

That sounds about right

Caversham Green
02-07-2019, 06:15 PM
From what I can make out from the accounts of the two companies the original 9 acre site was bought by the club in 2006 and 15 acres was obtained separately by the holding company in 2010.

southsider
02-07-2019, 06:36 PM
A school, digs, indoor pitch. Edinburgh La Masia.

Stuart93
02-07-2019, 06:40 PM
Tell you what, it’s a very good name for a hotel

WestCoastHibby
03-07-2019, 02:51 AM
I got kicked in the cahonies recently,
Got a couple of acres as a result....

MyJo
03-07-2019, 06:55 AM
From what I can make out from the accounts of the two companies the original 9 acre site was bought by the club in 2006 and 15 acres was obtained separately by the holding company in 2010.

There is a large building of some description on the east mains site that is only accessible by driving through the main access road and I think this was causing some issues when the training centre was first opened as it meant we couldn’t close off the road or prevent access to the training centre if we wanted to so we ended up buying more land around it in order to have full control of the access road beyond where the current barriers are located.

CentreLine
03-07-2019, 07:34 AM
There is a large building of some description on the east mains site that is only accessible by driving through the main access road and I think this was causing some issues when the training centre was first opened as it meant we couldn’t close off the road or prevent access to the training centre if we wanted to so we ended up buying more land around it in order to have full control of the access road beyond where the current barriers are located.

Was the building not the auction house. I think we paid over the odds to buy it in order to secure the site

surreyhibbie
03-07-2019, 08:01 AM
Was the building not the auction house. I think we paid over the odds to buy it in order to secure the site

Think that's correct, owned by a couple of guys I went to school with in Musselburgh.

One of them now the Grand Master of the lodge (or whatever they are called)

Franck Stanton
03-07-2019, 06:06 PM
I got kicked in the cahonies recently,
Got a couple of acres as a result....

Need a pill to take away the pain but leave the swelling 🌝