PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie G's £1m to be invested in......

Greenbeard
02-07-2019, 04:55 PM
......what?
Must have been discussed as part of the negotiations, so expect it is already ring-fenced.
Players? Facilities? Staff? Hot Dog stands?

Hibernian Verse
02-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Where have you plucked that figure from?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cocaine&Caviar
02-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Super Leigh

Smartie
02-07-2019, 04:59 PM
Filling in a corner with a vegan helipad.

GreenLake
02-07-2019, 05:00 PM
......what?
Must have been discussed as part of the negotiations, so expect it is already ring-fenced.

Seven figure could be £9,999,999

Greenbeard
02-07-2019, 05:09 PM
Seven figure could be £9,999,999
Yes, but let's be realistic. Could also be £10, 001.99. Or just £7.
Most likely to be nearer £1m.

Vault Boy
02-07-2019, 05:10 PM

This is the kind of ingenuity that we need at the club

Lee Marvin
02-07-2019, 05:12 PM

Your post is far from realistic. 7 figures means 1m to 10m.

hibsbollah
02-07-2019, 05:14 PM
Your post is far from realistic. 7 figures means 1m to 10m.

He also, shrewdly, never specified the currency. It could be seven figures in Argentinian pesos or Vietnamese Dongs (no giggling at the back). There are 23,000 Dongs to the dollar, so he could be merely promising a 45 dollar investment.

GreenLake
02-07-2019, 05:15 PM

You don't have any real data to be realistic.

Heisenberg
02-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Gordon has already said he’s pretty content with the current player budget and wants to focus on the academy and an indoor facility at HTC.

Stuart93
02-07-2019, 05:28 PM
Gordon has already said he’s pretty content with the current player budget and wants to focus on the academy and an indoor facility at HTC.

So already the squads being overlooked? Gordon out

Baldy Foghorn
02-07-2019, 05:30 PM
Indoor pitch

hibbyfraelibby
02-07-2019, 05:33 PM
He's now on record as wanting to invest in HTC and the Academy. Looking to build an indoor pitch. I think I can devine a business plan emerging.

Pretty Boy
02-07-2019, 05:35 PM
We need to diversify our portfolio a bit.

I'd like to see us invest in a basketball, hockey and interpretive dance team. Football has had it's day so we need to start future proofing.

Craig_in_Prague
02-07-2019, 05:36 PM
Loan Messi for 1 week.

PH91
02-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Loan Messi for 1 week.

Yep. Get him in for alloa, arbroath and elgin games.

southsider
02-07-2019, 05:46 PM

Heard 2m in cash.

1van Sprou7e
02-07-2019, 05:48 PM

£7 isn't a seven figure sum 🤣

Callum7
02-07-2019, 05:49 PM
£7 isn't a seven figure sum 🤣

Well it has seven in it and it is a figure.

Clarence
02-07-2019, 05:59 PM
We shouldn’t get carried away. I think we should start with something sensible like a monorail from the Fit O’ the Walk to Hawkhill Avenue. It could follow the path of the old railway.

Bishop Hibee
02-07-2019, 06:03 PM
Free Greggs steak bakes and vegan sausage rolls from the catering areas.

Pagan Hibernia
02-07-2019, 06:04 PM
How about some wine bars in the south west of England?

WhileTheChief..
02-07-2019, 06:10 PM
We shouldn’t get carried away. I think we should start with something sensible like a monorail from the Fit O’ the Walk to Hawkhill Avenue. It could follow the path of the old railway.

Definitely. In time it could link to the trams.

hfc rd
02-07-2019, 06:11 PM
So already the squads being overlooked? Gordon out

I seriously doubt it. I’m sure if his long term aspirations are to challenge Celtic for the league then he will probably know or will be informed by the likes of LD that this will require some major investment.

I think firstly he will probably want to improve some things off the pitch that need addressing such as building a indoor facility at EM. We presently already have one but it is really small. Looks more like a 5 a-side pitch rather than a full sized one like the one they have at the Oriam.

Pagan Hibernia
02-07-2019, 06:15 PM
He's now on record as wanting to invest in HTC and the Academy. Looking to build an indoor pitch. I think I can devine a business plan emerging.

Where has he said he wants to work on the academy? Hope it’s true. I want Hibs to have the finest academy in Scotland

madhatter
02-07-2019, 06:16 PM
Indoor pitch and other improvements at training centre. Funds put into academy, youth identification and development. Better food in stadium and improve the dugouts. Just my take on what's needed above first team player recruitment. Didn't want to mention the PA system!

We need to continue to improve on youth development.

All being well, organise a Hibs USA Tour next pre-season!

CapitalGreen
Where has he said he wants to work on the academy? Hope it’s true. I want Hibs to have the finest academy in Scotland

STV interview

Onceinawhile

Ssn interview

H18 SFR
02-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Please let there be a pre season tour / camp in the USA next summer.

Sammy7nil
02-07-2019, 06:30 PM
......what?

Chip fryers and kagools

ancient hibee
02-07-2019, 06:33 PM
A four slice toaster.

Keith_M
02-07-2019, 06:35 PM
I presume the investment was to pay off the remaining debt.

That's the equivalent of investing half a million into the club for the next 8 years* or so, as that would otherwise have been used to pay back STF.

* I'm guessing the remainder of the debt at 4M, though stand to be corrected.

FilipinoHibs
02-07-2019, 08:48 PM
You don't have any real data to be realistic.

Clearing the debt and buying Farmer and Petrie's shares would have been around £6m with a discount. So probably £1 million if fresh capital plus £500k a year from not paying back mortgage to Farmer.

Haymaker
02-07-2019, 08:55 PM
Super Leigh

:hyper

Greenworld
02-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Where is this figure came from we had more in the bank before the takeover..[emoji23][emoji23] the guy said there is enough to build the indoor pitch or whatever else the club sees fit ..I think you'll find its mote like 5 million

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

HibbySpurs
02-07-2019, 09:28 PM

Why? There will have been discussions during the process around what the new owner aims to achieve short, medium and long term.

I think improving The training centre and academy are both long term strategies which will need investment now to bear fruit in several years time.

There will also be short term plans I’m sure to enhance the product on the pitch as they will know the supporters will be looking for some short term gains and the club will need the support to continue to grow to make those long term ambitions more possible.

Both the sort and long term aims need money and I doubt £1m is going to cut it.

Having said that I know as many facts as you most likely and I could be well wide of the mark but by the same token so could your “conservative” estimate.

tamig
02-07-2019, 10:53 PM
I presume the investment was to pay off the remaining debt.

That's the equivalent of investing half a million into the club for the next 8 years* or so, as that would otherwise have been used to pay back STF.

* I'm guessing the remainder of the debt at 4M, though stand to be corrected.

No. This is additional investment on top of clearing the debt and acquiring the properties for the club.

Mixu62
02-07-2019, 11:11 PM
A four slice toaster.

Do you want Bobby Williamson back? Cos that's how you get Bobby Williamson back. :greengrin

monktonharp
03-07-2019, 12:50 AM
This is the kind of ingenuity that we need at the clubinquenuity/ is that a real word? I am a bit puzzled about comments regarding the academy, the full lenth indoor pitch , east mains etc. is this what we really need from the new man? has he not quite got the funds to brush the old away, and in with the new?

Unseen work
03-07-2019, 12:53 AM
All on McNulty...... :offski:

Interesting that he said the investment is for the club to decide where to spend it and as far as he can tell the player budget is good.

GreenLake
03-07-2019, 01:15 AM
Clearing the debt and buying Farmer and Petrie's shares would have been around £6m with a discount. So probably £1 million if fresh capital plus £500k a year from not paying back mortgage to Farmer.

What does the $6m have to do with the seven figure cash injection?

WellingtonHibby
03-07-2019, 02:09 AM
Heard 2m in cash.

what else would it be in? JD Sports vouchers?

Greenbeard
03-07-2019, 07:19 AM
Why? There will have been discussions during the process around what the new owner aims to achieve short, medium and long term.

I think improving The training centre and academy are both long term strategies which will need investment now to bear fruit in several years time.

There will also be short term plans I’m sure to enhance the product on the pitch as they will know the supporters will be looking for some short term gains and the club will need the support to continue to grow to make those long term ambitions more possible.

Both the sort and long term aims need money and I doubt £1m is going to cut it.

Having said that I know as many facts as you most likely and I could be well wide of the mark but by the same token so could your “conservative” estimate.
All we know for sure is that it is seven figures (which we also now know is"with the club to spend as they see fit"), hence my suggestion for suggestions on what £1m might buy, which will be the very least Hibs have available to invest. Yes it could be more, and more would be needed to do everything that might be on the shopping list, but until it is confirmed what the seven figure sum is, if indeed it will ever be made known, let's just mentally spend £1m. If it proves to be more, then it's a massive Brucie Bonus.

MacGruber
03-07-2019, 07:25 AM
All we know for sure is that it is seven figures (which we also now know is"with the club to spend as they see fit"), hence my suggestion for suggestions on what £1m might buy, which will be the very least Hibs have available to invest. Yes it could be more, and more would be needed to do everything that might be on the shopping list, but until it is confirmed what the seven figure sum is, if indeed it will ever be made known, let's just mentally spend £1m. If it proves to be more, then it's a massive Brucie Bonus.

I think we have already spent a lot of it - Doidge etc

Vault Boy
03-07-2019, 07:33 AM
inquenuity/ is that a real word?

I don't know, ingenuity is though.

portyfelly
03-07-2019, 07:45 AM

look good with this round triangle things:cb

RoxburghHibs
03-07-2019, 08:08 AM
Ron did also say that whilst happy with the squad budget that we are in a position to look at players if the opportunity were to arise. So my take is that our current player budget will remain as is, for this season, however we may get one or two players if they become available later in the window that previously we couldn't afford.

Eitherway it sounds like he is thinking longer term not just this season.

As for the investment being £1m - I'm more a glass full person so like to think it's nearer £6m - £7m :)

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2019, 08:13 AM
We have no idea how much he's going to put in, folk are just guessing with no substance at all to their thoughts.

Lets just enjoy the ride, things will be revealed soon enough. :greengrin

barcahibs
03-07-2019, 09:02 AM
It's impossible to know, we know almost nothing about the guy except that he speaks well and Sir Tom and Rod trust him. That bit will get him a lot of goodwill from me, but it's always worth a cautious eye on any new owner.

Fwiw I would much rather he pushed any 'investment' money into infrastructure and growing the club as a whole rather than fritter it away on a few players who might turn out to be no marks. For me that just leads to boom and bust as has been shown time after time.

Let the club grow and let the player budget grow organically with it.

tonyrougier123
03-07-2019, 10:53 AM
It's impossible to know, we know almost nothing about the guy except that he speaks well and Sir Tom and Rod trust him. That bit will get him a lot of goodwill from me, but it's always worth a cautious eye on any new owner.

Fwiw I would much rather he pushed any 'investment' money into infrastructure and growing the club as a whole rather than fritter it away on a few players who might turn out to be no marks. For me that just leads to boom and bust as has been shown time after time.

👍👍

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2019, 10:58 AM

Have patience, BH will be overjoyed! 😉

overdrive
03-07-2019, 11:00 AM
We need to diversify our portfolio a bit.

I'd like to see us invest in a basketball, hockey and interpretive dance team. Football has had it's day so we need to start future proofing.

Yep. Wine bars in the South of England is where we should be looking to diversify into.