PDA

View Full Version : Leeann

Hillsidehibby
02-07-2019, 04:32 PM
Does anyone think her position might be under threat with the new boss bringing his own people in?
I hope not.

BoomtownHibees
02-07-2019, 04:33 PM
No

The 90+2
02-07-2019, 04:33 PM
Her position probably became even more secure with a wage rise If anything.

Kojock
02-07-2019, 04:34 PM
Definitely not. She’s already posted a selfie of her and Ron.

truehibernian
02-07-2019, 04:35 PM
The best signing Rod and the Board have made in the last two decades - by far :aok:

Sir David Gray
02-07-2019, 04:37 PM
I can't see it.

Stuart93
02-07-2019, 04:41 PM
RG has expressed his desire for the club and personnel to remain as is

Smartie
Does anyone think her position might be under threat with the new boss bringing his own people in?
I hope not.

I'm pretty sure that making this type of takeover a reality will have been part of her remit.

It would be a surprise to me if Leeann didn't want a bash at something down South some time soon. There is much more money to be made there and her achievements at Hibs give her a pretty stonking cv.

The signing of LD is without a doubt Petrie's finest. What we have achieved in a short space of time with her at the club is nothing short of incredible. The success of this era will have torn up and re-written Petrie's legacy at the club.

hibsdaft
RG has already been singing her praises in the SSN interview. And preaching continuity, which is great to hear.

Alan62
02-07-2019, 04:55 PM
From listening to the interviews, it seems like our new majority shareholder has recognised the quality of our management team and backs their plan. Presumably, he also believes that they can grow with the Club.

There's also a lot more to Leeann Dempster than the money. She's a driving force in the community aspects of the Club and that also has been a big theme of the day.

Hibee Mac
02-07-2019, 05:01 PM
Let's hope not as she's been incredible for our club in her time here.

It will be a sad day if and when she leaves as with her here I always feel comfortable that the club is going in the right direction.

TrinityHibs
02-07-2019, 05:25 PM
Leeann is like SJM. If or when she moves on I will wish her well and follow her career with interest. Right now she should be re-energised with a new positive challenge and be here for a bit.

As an aside if you haven’t seen it you should check out the fake agents video of SJM the Aston Villa Forum. He is an outstanding talent.

Fergos
02-07-2019, 05:26 PM
The best signing Rod and the Board have made in the last two decades - by far :aok:

100% agreed.

GGTTH

Tug Wilson
02-07-2019, 05:37 PM
Why would the new owner want to replace the best CEO in Scottish football?

Also why would Hibs, who carry out very thorough due diligence over appointment of any manager or recruitment of any player, then sell the club to a completely unknown entity.

I suspect that LD being in situ is actually a huge bonus for the new owner.

Onion
02-07-2019, 05:59 PM

Stock answers from RG but we'll just have to see what changes come through once he gets his feet under the table. LD has been a sensation for Hibs. Hope RG & LD get on and she stays even longer than we all expected.

B.H.F.C
02-07-2019, 06:07 PM
No chance. It’s her leadership that has got us in to a position where some random guy from America wants to invest in us.

02-07-2019, 06:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that making this type of takeover a reality will have been part of her remit.

It would be a surprise to me if Leeann didn't want a bash at something down South some time soon. There is much more money to be made there and her achievements at Hibs give her a pretty stonking cv.

The signing of LD is without a doubt Petrie's finest. What we have achieved in a short space of time with her at the club is nothing short of incredible. The success of this era will have torn up and re-written Petrie's legacy at the club.

This change in ownership may well bring loads of new challenges for Leeann so might be incentive enough to keep her here for a while yet, along with a pay rise.

Davy Mac
02-07-2019, 10:19 PM
In the short term No, in the medium to long term Yes.

Just my opinion and experience in business.

IWasThere2016
02-07-2019, 10:22 PM
Not immediately but she may not like/adapt to any change.

I think and hope it means she stays around - hopefully 3-5 years at least.

jacomo
02-07-2019, 10:40 PM
If anything I think it makes Leeann’s position more secure.

The new guy has stressed his support for the club’s current strategy, which means keeping the CEO.

And Leeann might feel more energised now that there is a new owner and fresh investment in place.

The 90+2
02-07-2019, 10:47 PM
If anything I think it makes Leeann’s position more secure.

The new guy has stressed his support for the club’s current strategy, which means keeping the CEO.

And Leeann might feel more energised now that there is a new owner and fresh investment in place.

Of course it does. Leanne has turned the club around, the new guy knows jack **** about Scottish football. She will be invaluable and probably sold the club to Big Donny.

SonOfDavidFrancey
02-07-2019, 10:53 PM
I would have thought it injects a bit of interest for her at a time when the job might be becoming stale

Vault Boy
02-07-2019, 10:56 PM
I would have thought it injects a bit of interest for her at a time when the job might be becoming stale

I think Leeann herself said she feels 'energised' by the takeover, so you could be right there.

Although, credit where it's due to Leeann, she has never made us doubt her long term commitment to the club. Especially when she recently said she'd be happy to work for us until retiring.

Hermit Crab
02-07-2019, 10:57 PM
No, she's here for the long run unless she's headhunted or makes a right royal **** up.

Onceinawhile
02-07-2019, 11:01 PM
Had to cancel a holiday to push the deal through.

I'm sure she'll be OK.

Paisley Hibby
03-07-2019, 12:34 AM

Spot on.

Forza Fred
04-07-2019, 04:09 AM
This change in ownership may well bring loads of new challenges for Leeann so might be incentive enough to keep her here for a while yet, along with a pay rise.

That is the way I see it.

It’s early days and Ron Gordon’s “vision” has yet to be promulgated, but it may just be a sufficient fresh challenge to convince Leeann to extend her stay.

The conventional wisdom is that the optimum period for a Ceo is 7 years max, and while she hasn’t been here that long, most things to her now would probably be of the ‘routine’ variety.

There is no doubt, in my mind at least, that she has been, and continues to be, a very positive influence at our club.

craigiehibs
04-07-2019, 05:38 AM
That is the way I see it.

It’s early days and Ron Gordon’s “vision” has yet to be promulgated, but it may just be a sufficient fresh challenge to convince Leeann to extend
The conventional wisdom is that the optimum period for a Ceo is 7 years max, and while she hasn’t been here that long, most things to her now would probably be of the ‘routine’ variety.

There is no doubt, in my mind at least, that she has been, and continues to be, a very positive influence at our club.

personally think that this will give LD a new lease of life and fresh challenge, a bit different from Rod's "steady as she goes" mantra. She is well placed to exert her influence on the new regime's thinking.

smithy_hibees
05-07-2019, 07:54 AM
Think we are more likely lose her to the SFA with uncle Rod there.. woman is a winner, hope she's here for years to come

H18 SFR
05-07-2019, 08:04 AM
Think we are more likely lose her to the SFA with uncle Rod there.. woman is a winner, hope she's here for years to come

She's not daft, couldn't see her touch the SFA with a barge pole.

Weegreenman
05-07-2019, 08:22 AM

This :aok:

If Leeann was to suddenly pack up and leave, then I’d be very worried about Ron and his management ideas for the club going forward.
I trust Leeann implicitly. The fact she’s on board with all that’s happened gives me a sense of security that this guy is the right guy ........so far. :aok:

Hibbyradge
05-07-2019, 10:53 AM
Not so long ago, there were people telling us that she'd be gone as soon as Rangers came calling and within 12 months even if they didn't.

Hibbyradge
05-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Of course it does. Leanne has turned the club around, the new guy knows jack **** about Scottish football. She will be invaluable and probably sold the club to Big Donny.

I always thought he was more a bowling man.

I also thought he was dead.

Donny, that is, not Steve Buscemi.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1099776746939920384/A-LwFG1Z.jpg